Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

PATCH NOTES V.1.1 Inc. Craglorn - From PTS

• blackwolf7
    blackwolf7
    ✭✭✭
    Nope sadly tried it multiple times. While rolling out breaks you out of cc, when you dodge roll away you will still get caught by dark talons. Not unless youre in 6m range and rolled out but if you 3-4m away from dk and got caught, rolling out isnt going to be effective
    Options
  • Prospero_ESO
    Prospero_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zolyok wrote: »
    Immortal Vamp DK : no body said a word no " if you dont fix i leave "
    Sorcerer Vamp " i'm already 2 miles away" : no body said a word no " if you dont fix i leave "
    1h/sword Bash spammer : no body said a word no " if you dont fix i leave "
    Bombers won't be able to defeat 30+ player with 3 player in 15 second : end of the world

Go in cyrodill look at a 40+ player bus you'll see :
    At least 15 DK
    Surely almost the same number of sorcerer
    6 or 7 Templar
    2/3 Nightblade

Well isn´t that obvious ? What has the Nightblade to offer for the Group compared to the other classes ? If you play a Nightblade in a zerg, i am sorry you are at the wrong place.
    Options
  • MrBeneos
    MrBeneos
    Soul Shriven
    Im sorry but i hate my class since almost every ability is buggy! Please fixe some of these!!! Here is a List!

Class Abilities and Passives:

Assassination:
    1. Death Stroke <Incapacitating Strike> and <Soul Harvest> On occasion the animation will happen however the ability is not actually triggered.
    2. Assassin’s Blade <Killer’s Blade> and <Impale> – On occasion the animation will happen however the ability is not actually triggered.
    3. Teleport Strike <Ambush> – On occasion the animation will happen however the ability is not actually triggered.
    4. Haste <Focused Attacks> and <Incapacitate> – The attack speed increase of 30% doesn’t affect any weapons.
    5. Mark Target <Piercing Mark> and <Reaper’s Mark> – The ignore 75% of target’s Armour and Spell Resistance doesn’t appear to work.
    6. Mark Target <Reaper’s Mark> – The gain damage bonus effect does not appear to work.
    7. Mark Target <Piercing Mark> – Allows you to see and attack targets who are sneaking however not targets that are invisible currently.
    8. Pressure Points <Passive> – It currently gives .3% instead of 3% crit at level 2 for each Assassination ability slotted.
    9. Pressure Points <Passive> – it is incorrectly giving 2% crit no matter how many assassin abilities are slotted.

Shadow:
    1. Shadow Cloak <Shadowy Disguise> – Approximately 25% of the time this ability does not trigger any of its effects.
    2. Shadow Cloak <Shadowy Disguise> and <Dark Cloak> – On occasion you wont visually be invisible but you are to the mobs.
    3. Shadow Cloak <Shadowy Disguise> – When utilising this ability with low resources you will instantly be removed from stealth.
    4. Shadow Cloak <Shadowy Disguise> and <Dark Cloak> – Your character becomes invisible however enemy players can see particle effects and thus be able to locate your player.
    5. Shadow Cloak <Dark Cloak> – Does not remove bleed debuffs from npc or player sourced specific ones mentioned are Axe, Twin Slashes, Cleave.
    6. Teleport Strike <Lotus Fan> and <Ambush> – Often when using Teleport strike it will have adverse effects to your FPS.
    7. Teleport Strike <Ambush> – On occasion the animation will happen however the ability is not actually triggered.
    8. Veiled Strike <Concealed Weapon> – The 22% movement speed in stealth while slotted effect appears to suffer the dreaded “Once you’ve died you need to re-log or zone to rectify the issue”. Workaround: If you re-log or change zones it will force the passive effect to work again.
    9. Veiled Strike <Surprise Attack> and <Concealed Weapon> – Often the animation and stun effect will occur but no damage is done to the enemy.
    10. Path of Darkness <Twisting Path> and <Refreshing Path> – This ability appears to be affected by terrain, the magicka cost is spent however the ability does not trigger.
    11. Path of Darkness <Refreshing Path> – Sometimes heals more than once per second, it has been document to happen anywhere up to 5 times per second on occasion.
    12. Aspect of Terror <Mass Hysteria> and <Manifestation of Terror> – The base fear effect of 2 nearby enemies doesn’t appear to last the suggested 4 seconds all the time. It is often between 1.5 – 4 seconds.
    13. Summon Shade <Dark Shades> and <Shadow Image> – The Shadow Image often stops attacking once the initial target it was cast on dies.
    14. Shadow Barrier <Passive> – Doesn’t properly increase your Armor when coming out of Stealth or Invisibility for 4 seconds.

Siphoning:
    1. Strife <Funnel Health> – On occasion can heal more than the suggested 2 ally players and sometimes it doesn’t apply to anyone including the player.
    2. Strife <Funnel Health> – Doesn’t appear to be healing allies for the actual amount it should be, inconsistent heal effects.
    3. Strife <Funnel Health> and <Swallow Soul> – Due to the ranged nature of this spell the projectile often takes several seconds to land on the intended target (even if in melee range).
    4. Strife <Funnel Health> and <Swallow Soul> – Often once cast if the player was to turn away from the enemy target this ability will not do any damage to the intended enemy. (Nearly like it should be a channel from previous games)
    5. Cripple <Debilitate> and <Crippling Grasp> – The dot effect of this ability does not work on mobs that are immune to snare effects.
    6. Agony <Prolonged Suffering> – The added effect of this morph is meant to deal extra damage and this doesn’t work.
    7. Siphoning Strikes <Leeching Strike> – Only gives an extra 2.4% health instead of the expected 4%.
    8. Drain Power <Sap Essence> – The healing attribute of this morph is only increased by a maximum of 20% currently which is equal to one mob.
    9. Drain Power <Sap Essence> – Is unable to perform a critical strike for both the damage and healing component of this ability.
    10. Drain Power <Sap Essence> – Will not cast the heal effect unless the enemy is being damaged.
    11. Magicka Flood <Passive> – Gives 8% max magicka at level 2 per siphoning ability that is slotted. This passive doesn’t detect Strife or Soul Shred but does detect <Funnel Health> a morph to Strife.

Weapon Abilities and passives:

Dual Wield:
    1. Flurry <Rapid Strikes> and <Blinding Flurry> – Occasionally has an issue where the animation is trigger and you are locked in combat however the ability performs no damage. Workaround: To force Flurry to cancel its animation you should open your character info screen, the default key for this “c”.
    2. Flurry < Rapid Strikes> – Does not appear to increase your attack speed. (Similar bug to haste maybe, all attack speed increase abilities are broken?)
    3. Twin Blade and Blunt <Passive> – When you have daggers equipped you should gain an extra 5% crit at level 2 however this is not reflected in the character info sheet.

Medium Armour:
    1. Agility <Passive> – Is incorrectly giving the player 20% attack speed at level 2 instead of 10%.

Vampire:
    1. Vampirism Stage Bonuses <Buff> - “Your Vampirims abilities cost 60% less to cast” does not currently work for abilities using your Ultimate resource.
    2. Mist Form <Poison Mist> – Appears to only be dealing damage between 1-1.5 seconds instead of the documented 0.5 seconds.
    3. Undeath <Passive> – It is meant to provide damage mitigation when a play with is below 30% health, this is currently bugged and isn’t working.
    4. Unnatural Resistance <Passive> – It is meant to provide health recovery in Vampirism stages 2-4, this is currently bugged and isn’t working.
    5. Dark Stalker <Passive> – Suffers from the dreaded once you die you will need to relog and/or zone to gain the perk back.
    Edited by MrBeneos on April 28, 2014 7:30AM
    Options
  • Dunhilda
    Dunhilda
    ✭✭✭
    AoE Cap?

What is this? WoW? I stopped doing most of my PvP due to it, oh well after you murdered the leveling in Cyro it was only a matter of time before you stick the knife in again and slice upward to the heart

Let me know when you want to rip the organs out of the rotting corpse that is your PvP.
    Options
  • Axewaffle
    Axewaffle
    ✭✭✭
    For the love of god fix the Duel Wield Rapid Strikes morph that slows your attack speed instead of speeds it up!!!!
    Options
  • Jarnhand
    Jarnhand
    ✭✭✭
    Some comments:
    Wrongly calculated Deadly Bash fixed, hope its settles that matter. I am guessing the original code was: (bash + glyphs/bonus) x 2, now I guess its (bash x 2) + glyphs/bonus

Zenimax; you forgot the swift brutal fix to vampires, its needed or you will start losing customers fast! Like it is now its broken to a laughably degree! Mist chain spamming (practically invincable) and also bat-swarm exploit need fixing! If this is not fixed in next big patch you will have a problem on your hands with your paying customers. The serious people/active customers leave first, the casual players leave later no matter what. A company that balanced a MMO for the casual player, dies faster.

Target caping:
    You may have a big problem on your hands. Read what the GW2 crowd is saying about target caping, people left GW2 because of it, and also have started canceling ESO because of it. Read what the serious PvP crowd on tamriel foundry are writing.
    This leads to more mindless huge sergs (gets boring fast).
    Skilled groups are nerfed.
    Underpopulated realms holding back larger groups are nerfed.
    Zenimax seriously need to rethink this before going live.
    Abilities like the Inhale (now max 3 targets) for DK are now close to useless, may not even pay to open the skill, and will most likely not be put on anyone's skill bar. Other lower level skills will be far more useful.

Far more bug fixes needed, here is just a few examples:
    Summoning circle encounter in desert.
    Summoning encounter in Bangkurai.
    Buged quests in general, and especially epic line quests.
    Skill that are not working/broken/exploitable.
    Badly/wrongly worded skill texts.
    Swift daily banning of bots, both multi-computer farms and gold sellers.

Also many good things in the patch, keep up the good work! But seriously reconsider how to balance the game! And take what seasoned PvPers write seriously! Stop listening to casual gamers/mindless sergers whine about! Its the serious PvP crowd that are your target customers, the casual sergers are not your long time customers. Look to DAoC, the hardcore fan base is still around due to how good the PvP is. The casual skilless crowd left years ago, AFTER they got the nerfs they wanted.

EDIT:
    Forgot; inventory management is HORRIBLE! I have 1 played char and 4 vault bots + used like 50- 60 000 gold for more bag/bank space, and STILL I have a problem with space. And in 1-2 days I need to make one more bank char to start collecting level 50 items....
    Edited by Jarnhand on April 28, 2014 8:06AM
    Options
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    AoE target cap? This is nonsence! It will be not AoE. You must to balance game in other way.
    Options
  • blackwolf7
    blackwolf7
    ✭✭✭
    MISTFORM NEEDS NERF

the rest of vamp abilities are fine.

reduce mistform to 50% reduction and vamps will drop even if they spam ult. (except for DKs they have a lot of mitigation skills )
    Options
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moonraker wrote: »
    Holy patch notes.
    Yep, they are really substantial with many fixes, changes and development with the new content.
    The patches should be release separately, far more players are suffering this bug-fest than those who will be able to play the new content .. group-only R10+ content isn't for the majority I would suggest.

Options
  • Perseas
    Perseas
    ✭✭✭
    Just a question.. If we see the map, there is 3 parts of the map that are not accessible by any alliance. 1 area goes to claglorn (what kind of name is this, I am dyslexic and I cant even spell it, this name is worst that dyslexia itself glaglorn, I cant memorise that word), what about the big island and the btm huge area?

I would love to have an area something between cyrodiil and glagloon... Hard core pve for all alliances and with ffa pvp...without pvp rewards or pvp siege...
    Edited by Perseas on April 28, 2014 11:00AM
    Options
  • blackwolf7
    blackwolf7
    ✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Moonraker wrote: »
    Holy patch notes.
    Yep, they are really substantial with many fixes, changes and development with the new content.
    The patches should be release separately, far more players are suffering this bug-fest than those who will be able to play the new content .. group-only R10+ content isn't for the majority I would suggest.

I agree with you plus if they release the patches by bulk it will be harder to trace if something went wrong
    Options
  • Perseas
    Perseas
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the bugs they experience, are not bugs, a log off and on always fix the thing.

Now that I am playing veteran ranks, I only experienced 3 quests as broken, in both alliances! AD and EP, so I cannot understand people who experience bugs in quests. I dont know about broken skills, because I have a sorcerer and sorcerer lucks in balance. A summoner sorc is a waste of time, but thats what I want to be! So they have to balance and fix these things.

The latest broken quest I ve found is in Deshaan area and thats it... Only 1 quest.
    Edited by Perseas on April 28, 2014 11:39AM
    Options
  • Hexagar
    Hexagar
    ✭✭
    Impressive patch notes!!
    Edited by Hexagar on April 28, 2014 11:53AM
    Options
  • Ravil
    Ravil
    And When they include the Option for duelling?? ... like in every game (Daoc, Wow, Swtor, Tera ....)
    Options
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    Mist form don't need to nerf, only targetable, I think.
    Options
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭
    LazerusKI wrote: »
    i jsut hope that they will add some more Werewolf changes.
    And i hope that the "disabled vampire passives" fix includes the feeding cost reduction for the ultimate.

another nice thing would be a fix for the green-colored veteran items...
    Daedric Medium Armor after Blue quaility for example.

But the amount of patchnotes is impressive,

to see them after all the hate and flaming is just...wow
    hope they can keep it up

So agree with you LazerusKI -- the amount of immature, want-what-I-want-and-I-better-get-it-now has blown my mind -- and I'm a vet of 9+ mmo's from 1999.

For those players who are actually new to MMO's it is somewhat understandable, maybe. For the other vitriolic, ridiculous, unhelpful, hate-spewing diatribes - honestly, its not ok. Everyone vents sometimes, everyone needs a little help when they are misunderstood or have been dealing with an ongoing frustration, but ... just but ;o/.

Wtg Zeni...Stay Calm and Carry On. You are creating/correcting/adding/changing a very good mmo thing here.

Really lovin' TESO and positive vibes with your getting some of the difficulties squared away!

Edited by Anastasia on April 28, 2014 1:13PM
    Options
  • blackwolf7
    blackwolf7
    ✭✭✭
    Alexium wrote: »
    Mist form don't need to nerf, only targetable, I think.

75% is too much.

But we will see since supposedly you cant be healed if youre in mistform but currently it is bugged that healers can cast regen on you and the hot ticks while in mistform+ ult leech so you become immortal
    Options
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    Auric_ESO wrote: »
    Wow, they are putting out a ton of fixes and people are complaining that their fix isn't in there. I'm embarrassed to be part of this community sometimes. They cannot fix everything at once! Once one set of problems are corrected they move onto the next set. Jeez people

Most of the rage comes when they change something in the wrong direction or fail to make changes on the most glaring issues.

For instance, the Ultimate Cost Reduction that allows for Devouring Swarm spam. That needed to be priority number one.

Or the fact that Dark Talons is the most broken skill in the game and they buffed it. Not to mention they added a new mechanic (AoEs limited to 6 targets) but exempted Dark Talons.

"Most of the rage" actually comes from the most vocal idiots.

"...the fact that Dark Talons is the most broken skill in the game"

Really? Facts tend to need objective evidence. You know...like the hundreds of thousands of hours of combined player statistics the devs have access to and players don't.

For every person who believes that Devouring storm or Dark Talons are OP, there is obviously a scenario where the devs have objective evidence to the contrary.

Just because a part of the community is arrogant enough to think that their playstyle is the only playstyle that should be balanced for doesn't mean that the devs should make that a priority in any way.

So before you make a comment that the devs made the wrong balancing pass, you should ask yourself why they may have made such changes "in the wrong direction".
    Options
  • davidetombab16_ESO
    davidetombab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    mist form doesn t give immunity to cc, better bolt escape then mist form.
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Capping AOE will make people leave the game. It's simply a *** solution to what we all know the problem is.
    Options
  • mattriddle
    If there is no max target for AOE, people will just all go AOE in PvP and spam it continuously. They'll stack on themselves and then just run around AOE everything with like 20 people hitting every opponent 20 times each.

Either cap the max targets or reduce the AOE spread drastically.

Or increase the mana cost for AOE. Non-AOE skills take X mana, AOE takes 3X or 3X mana.

No cap means non-AOE skills are worth 100 times less than AOE skills because a single casted AOE can hit 10-30 players while any non AOE is guaranteed just to hit 1 player.

While I can see how AOE realistically would hit anything, it just doesn't mesh well in a video game compared to other non-AOE skills.
    Streaming ESO twitch.tv/matzimazing M-F Noon-4PM EST
    Options
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    What most people don't realize and what ZOS stated in another topic was there was always a cap to AOE. They are just fixing the abilities that where broken and the cap wasn't working as intended.
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taid wrote: »
    Monsoon wrote: »

You are virtually risking to lose most of your Mac players for not having made a single comment on fixing the issue since launch.

I guess they will survive the mass unsub-wave from the majority of the 5-6 Mac users.

gnihihihihi
    As they say, quality over quantity ;)
    Options
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lol at the PvPers crying up a storm. Its obvious from the notes the will balance for PvE not PvP.
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What most people don't realize and what ZOS stated in another topic was there was always a cap to AOE. They are just fixing the abilities that where broken and the cap wasn't working as intended.

It was always intended to be 6? That's laughably low. What good is AOE in PVP when it only hits 6 random people out of a crowd? With a cap so low people will stack together, vs now where people consciously stay spread out and run to avoid the red rings that mean something is about to hit them. I mean with the cap you may have a trebuchet boulder land right on your head but take no damage because you're not one of the random 6 people that got hit.

Most AOE as it is right now is fine. What's not fine is certain combinations of skills that make some AOE absolutely OP (I'm talking about vampires). But can you say siege weapon AOE is OP? Volley? Lightning Splash? Wall of Elements?

With such large scale PVP a small AOE cap is ridiculous.
    Edited by Holycannoli on April 28, 2014 3:40PM
    Options
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now, AOE is already limited to 6 in almost all situations. It has always been like this.

Here's video evidence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHwbrXNfbNM

The internet outcry about ZOS was ruining the game (thanks, Tamriel Foundary by the way!) had one small problem - nobody had checked what they were on about.
    Options
  • fambaab16_ESO
    fambaab16_ESO
    ✭✭
    Lets not forget that Mythic issued countless balance issues for PvP. And every addon had skills or entire classes which were slighly OP because they had to be rethought to be new and good so players would actually enjoy playing that class.

From time to time skills were changed in a way that old classes became OP again, through an item through a newly developed group tactic and so on.

Stealthers for example (in Daoc) could climb keepwalls. Sorcerers on the wall were in constant danger because you are most likely 2 hit.

Right now everyone can stealth, and thats one of the major problems, but also an advantage for solo questers. Those who have situational awareness (lesser degree of paranoia ;) ) can feel very lucky and be excited about that a 50 ppl zerg just rode by 50 meters away.
    But it also enables zergs to go completely dark and hide. In daoc it was a trials of atlantis ability and noone was allowed even to move a tiny bit except for that particular stealther and it only worked on your group.

In a way trying to copy RvR is not a bad thing, but right now AvA in ESO has so many issues that its not really worth playing for random people.

Other games just went the path of having the same classes with different names and animations and almost the same or exact same skills.

The skillsystem of ESO allows and maybe forces you to search for the most brutal effective way to kill as many people in a short time. ANd they will exploit any misbehaving mechanic there is until its fixed then search for the next imbalance. It has always been that way.

Thats my opinion to the patch regarding PvP.

I can only welcome the bugfixes to quests and world, for example the treasure chest change...there was given some thought.

Death Recap-nice to have
    Underdog- don't make it too powerful

Vampire & Werewolf changes are nonexistant despite the fact that the forums are full of complaints since headstart.

It feels like this is the last betapatch to adress issues already knows for Azura who knows how long.

As much as Id like to see Craglorn, you should have been pressing more bugfixes and balance changes, instead you chose to work on the first expansion.

Misdevotion of resources, and many people will agree with me when I say we could have waited for that a while longer.
    Options
  • michaelpatrickjonesnub18_ESO
    They fixed fishing.

Guess I'm the only one that cares that they fixed one of the most incompetent errors at launch.

Why is fishing such a big deal?

With every new encounter, a game is evaluated by the player, and an impression is formed. First impressions are extremely important, for they set the tone for all the gameplay that follows.

Fishing was the first thing I tested. And the first error I encountered.

You release a game. And the very first achievement you give people for catching a fish, is broken.

Bad first impression.
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Right now, AOE is already limited to 6 in almost all situations. It has always been like this.

Here's video evidence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHwbrXNfbNM

The internet outcry about ZOS was ruining the game (thanks, Tamriel Foundary by the way!) had one small problem - nobody had checked what they were on about.
    Exactly, and they even issued a small retraction acknowledging they didn't know all their facts on the main post if anyone still doubts this. It's highlighted in orange text, not that that fixes the damage that's already been done by causing a panic of ignorance.

Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • SeventhSeal
    Why are all the people asking to nurf this and that? Let them fix the bugs with skills and things like that first. After really thinking about it a zerg group wont stack any more then they already do. They cant stack siege stuff. They always stack when they run in to the wholes in forts walls. I don't even see why they would have any raid v raid pvp away from a fort or farm/lumber mill/mine unless a scroll has been taken. Not saying i like the aoe cap but if 20 people use 1 aoe each thats 120 hits right? so that would be 3 hits per person in a group of 40. That still seems like a lot of dmg to me. If anything this will make it harder for a zerg group to heal because of how random aoe and smart cast heals are in this game. It happens all the time someones about to die right in front of me the heal get casted on someone behind me who is only missing 10% hp.
    Options