The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

PATCH NOTES V.1.1 Inc. Craglorn - From PTS

• Daethz
    Daethz
    ✭✭✭
    When is ZOS going to fix the phasing bug that ruins combat in this MMO?
    I ticketed about my spells randomly stop working, and my character randomly being unable to attack, block or anything, he said it was a phasing issue.
    This is by far the worst issue in this game, any quest bug, spell bug fails in comparison, Fix it, put 100% of the team on it, even show the coding to the people who dont know how to code, just fix it.

Edit: This issue has costed me like, 5 hours of actual gameplay, 15k+ gold, and lots of anger.
    Edited by Daethz on April 27, 2014 6:38PM
    Waiting, and watching, for the return of Melee Weapons.
    -Subsidiary of The Fighters Guild
  • Taid
    Taid
    ✭✭
    Monsoon wrote: »

You are virtually risking to lose most of your Mac players for not having made a single comment on fixing the issue since launch.

I guess they will survive the mass unsub-wave from the majority of the 5-6 Mac users.

gnihihihihi

You know the old saying.....Neither a Troll, nor a Fanboy be? :o

RUBBISH!

Without Trolls and Fanboys, how could we ever be able to sell anything? :#
  • Evergreen
    Evergreen
    ✭✭✭
    pecheckler wrote: »
    You need to directly nerf vampire abilities in PvP.

Its the synergy of Dragon Knight abilities with Vampire skills that make for insanely overpowered builds. With an 8 meter radius Dark Talons works as an immobilizing smart DoT AoE which a dodge roll does not take you out of range so the Dragon Knight in pvp simply casts it again allowing an ability like Bat Swarm or any AoE to lock down and utterly destroy you or your group before you even have a chance to react. Being a smart AoE, the Dragon Knight doesn't have to aim like a Sorc does with their CC Encase. Dark Talons is the main reason that the Dragon Knight vampires with Batswarm are insanely overpowered.

Dark Talons in itself is the most overpowered CC skill I've seen in an mmo pvp setting. I don't know what the devs had in mind when they made Dark Talons so it cannot be blocked, CC broken or prevented with a CC immunity skill like Immovable. Even worse the skill is getting buffed next patch.
  • murklor007neb18_ESO
    Evergreen wrote: »

Its the synergy of Dragon Knight abilities with Vampire skills that make for insanely overpowered builds. With an 8 meter radius Dark Talons works as an immobilizing smart DoT AoE which a dodge roll does not take you out of range so the Dragon Knight in pvp simply casts it again allowing an ability like Bat Swarm or any AoE to lock down and utterly destroy you or your group before you even have a chance to react. Being a smart AoE, the Dragon Knight doesn't have to aim like a Sorc does with their CC Encase. Dark Talons is the main reason that the Dragon Knight vampires with Batswarm are insanely overpowered.

Dark Talons in itself is the most overpowered CC skill I've seen in an mmo pvp setting. I don't know what the devs had in mind when they made Dark Talons so it cannot be blocked, CC broken or prevented with a CC immunity skill like Immovable. Even worse the skill is getting buffed next patch.
    I'm fairly sure vampire Sorcs having the skill costing like 10 ultimate points isnt far behind...

And here I am a mediocre Nightblade werewolf with 950 ultimate cost or whatever the *** it is. Seriously, you could lower the werewolf ultimate cost to 100 and it *still* wouldnt even come close to vampire OP. Sigh.

Should just reroll and go with the OP train, ZOS obviously cannot see it and looks to be buffing DK/Sorc instead.
    Edited by murklor007neb18_ESO on April 27, 2014 6:52PM
  • saki
    saki
    ✭✭✭
    When will this 1.1 be released? If they keep adding stuff to their fix list then I guess it will take a while :)
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    saki wrote: »
    When will this 1.1 be released? If they keep adding stuff to their fix list then I guess it will take a while :)
    within the next 10 days
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's great that they are adding this new content, however I can't help feel they should of concentrated on making the existing content STABLE first.

I have 5 days left of my access left, it's a hard decision whether or not to subscribe, this new content is not even on my radar as a reason to Sub. What is on my Radar is whether I'm going to put myself through the frustration which has been the early access.

Yes I know that we should expect bugs and issues. This many though!
    PVP which is amazing fun, is a lottery as to whether or not you get your character back after a crash (there are still alot of them).
    Will I get to a quest where I'm stuck and cannot progress any further...

I see on the notes that there are meant to be fixes, but we all know the PTS fails to pick up the BUGs which are caused my large groups!

Still undecided!!!
  • tino.antoninieb17_ESO
    I think that first thing zos should do is to state clearly what repairs they will do to NB's in regard to all stuff it is not working. This info is necessary at least for me in order to know - weather I will reroll or not.
  • SunfireKnight86
    SunfireKnight86
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a single mention of the busted ass PvP unbalance. Nice.
  • fambaab16_ESO
    fambaab16_ESO
    ✭✭
    Werewolf
    Savage Strength I: The stamina bonus this ability provides from kills has been decreased. Savage Strength II’s bonus is unchanged.
    that is all? really?
    disappointed²
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hope they nerf the crap out of the solo missions at some point. Working on VR1 number two because my "endgame buddy" still cant beat some of those quests.
  • fambaab16_ESO
    fambaab16_ESO
    ✭✭
    Mustaklaki wrote: »
    I also like that there's no mention of the Vampires roaming around Cyrodiil 1v30ing against zergs.

I'd like to see that - video please - Do you lie like that in real life, or just on the internet?
    Oh Ive seen that pretty regularly, ive even seen a Vamp Tank take a resource on his own. Open your eyes.

• ThreeEyedCrow
    ThreeEyedCrow
    ✭✭✭
    I hope you, the developers, sincerely reconsider just slapping a blanket AOE limit to 6 (and 3 in some cases) on all AoE skills.

This has the danger of really turning PvP into a mindless zerg fest.

The server should not decide based on RNG which targets to hit.

Its also "unrealistic". I put that in quotes because inevitably someone might say "its a fantasy world" but in no fantasy world I ever read about or see did say burning oil have a limit on affect only 3-6 targets.
    V12 Corporal

Victoria Concordia Crescit
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Look past your hate for the DK for a moment, Vamp sorc is just as ridiculous in PvP. Vampires are very strong right now. It's the reason we see almost every vet rolling a Vamp whether they are DK or not.
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭

Blinded by hate you are....

Mistake you made when you said cannot be CC broken...

Talk like Yoda I am...

Fool of yourself you made...
  • Evergreen
    Evergreen
    ✭✭✭
    Oblongship wrote: »

Ignoring the troll part of your post it seems you obviously didn't read where I said that if you roll out the DK spams DarkTalons again. When you break the CC you do not get out of the 8 meter range and since its a smart AoE the Dragon Knight doesn't even have to aim. Dark Talons is also not affected by CC immunity skills like immovable either. How could this possible be considered balanced?

How about just give every class one smart AoE DoT 8 meter CC that is not affected by CC immunity skills; that would be a lot of fun. No class should have a lockdown this powerful in pvp and no class does except Dragon Knight.

• Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭

Ignoring the troll part of your post it seems you obviously didn't read where I said that if you roll out the DK spams DarkTalons again. When you break the CC you do not get out of the 8 meter range and since its a smart AoE the Dragon Knight doesn't even have to aim. Dark Talons is also not affected by CC immunity skills like immovable either. How could this possible be considered balanced?

How about just give every class one smart AoE DoT 8 meter CC that is not affected by CC immunity skills; that would be a lot of fun. No class should have a lockdown this powerful in pvp and no class does except Dragon Knight.

Again you are so blinded by hatred for DK that you ignore all the other OP things other classes get as well...
  • Evergreen
    Evergreen
    ✭✭✭
    Again you are so blinded by hatred for DK that you ignore all the other OP things other classes get as well...

How do you derive that I hate the Dragon Knight because I'm pointing out one skill is obviously OP? What does a Templar or Nightblade have that is OP? A Sorc Blink might be considered OP but there is already a huge thread about that.

If asking for Dragon Knight Dark Talons to be balanced is considered hating the class to you than another solution I propose is don't change the skill but rather give everyone an 8 second immunity to CC after breaking CC or make the CC immunity skill immovable work against Dark Talons.

• Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malediktus wrote: »
    Ojustaboo wrote: »
    The XP awarded for killing enemy player characters has been doubled.
    XP rewards for completing the quest to kill 20 enemy player characters have also been increased.

Please please please give those of us that want it, the option to completely disable XP both in PvE and in PvP. I would love to spend more time in Cyrodiil, but I don't want to out level my PvE areas.

Just a simple toggle to disable it is all I and many others would like, we're not asking for any others to loose out on their XP
    This. I hate to constantly outlevel content.

If you dont care for it anyway you shouldnt mind doing grey mobs and grey quests. If you think you are too strong, get rid of your gear. XP stop in an MMO, hilarious.

Who says we don't care for It? Of course we care that's why people have suggested a simple toggle for those of us that for whatever reason are levelling quicker than we like.

The whole point of the suggestion is that when I move on to the next area, I want the mobs to be challenging I want the quests to be a level or 2 above my current level.

I don't quest every time I log on, but when I do I want a good challenge.

You say it's hilarious,yet many other mmos have the option and when Lotro sold an expensive item in their store to disable XP on just one character (not account wide) it was one of their best sellers.

Edited by Ojustaboo on April 28, 2014 12:01AM
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a guild leader who utilizes the AoE of his guild mates to bust up big zergs. A zerg is naturally unintelligent and just smashes into the first thing they find. I think this proposed change is fool hardy and caters to people who do not want to work together and sync their builds to benefit their whole group and guild.

Please do not go through with this change, you will ruin the scope of PvP and it will be damaging to smaller, organized, and quite frankly superior players who bring their wits and display their cunning and intelligence in Cyrodiil. A lack of field awareness and team work does not qualify AoE to be nerfed.

You brought back old school PK'ers with a good system that needs more polishing and Ivory Tower which some of us anxiously await, do not ruin it with new school players who are just inferior in tactics, cunning, and unpreparedness.

This change will ruin your advertising in small group effectiveness. Which would make the premise of effective small groups in PvP a lie.

As far as Werewolves go, they are weak. I am not even a Werewolf but when you see no one running Werewolves as opposed to Vampires why would you then choose to nerf it? That change doesn't make sense.

Please, do the right thing from the start, do not nerf anything and just bring all weaker abilities up to par with the strong ones.

Otherwise, praise to the devs so far my experience in this game as been thoroughly splendid.

• blackwolf7
    blackwolf7
    ✭✭✭

Or learn to counter them properly.
  • TenAngryPistols
    as a DK (and not a vamp) I think the only change to dark talons may be to take away the synergy. Without dark talons I would never, ever, be able to catch a vamp using myst or a sorc using bolt escape. Or hell just make it so you can attack a vamp when their using myst then you can do whatever you want with talons. It just gets really old having a vamp or sorc almost dead just to have them run away. Catching them/keeping them from running is the only reason i even slot dark talons.

Additionally, as someone who has almost all attribute points in stamina and puts a lot into having high stamina regeneration, I personally never have a problem being stuck in OTHER DK's dark talons. Between all the attribute points, enchantments, and stamina poitions, if you dont have enough stamina to roll out of dark talons then you're doing it wrong. You should know what your character is capable of, just like I know if I spam dark talons then i'll quickly run out of mana to use any healing/defensive spells and I'm pretty vulnerable. That's just how I've built my character, and since I know what the build is capable of I play to its strengths.

The bat swarm can be a bit nuts, but as others have pointed out the main reason its so ridiculous is because its so spammable, and because the more stupid people you have in its radius the longer the vamp will live. If more people would learn to just get out of the way then you'd probably see a lot less complaining.
    Edited by TenAngryPistols on April 28, 2014 3:06AM
  • karldavy149b16_ESO
    karldavy149b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

they have said recently 1.1 will be out by the end of the month (april) dont know how visable that is but thats what one of the stupid director videos i got emailed said !

• NTclaymore
    NTclaymore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why woudnt a soft-cap on Ult-reduction work? it will make Bat swamp unspamable without having to nerf AOEs or nerfing vamps to uselessness. I allways been a ES vampire fan but i dont like ppl getting vamp just because they OP.. Removes all meaning to be a vampire.
    He spoke, the son of Padomay, and nodded his head with the dark brows
    and the imortally anointed hair of the great god
    swept from his divine head, and all Mundus was shaken.
  • jeradlub17_ESO
    jeradlub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    AP points are a useless "fix" for population imbalance in Cyrodiil. A method needs developed for moderating entry to the campaign to keep it competitive. For the AD folk that might complain about this because they chose to live with the cockroach hoard....well you'll either have to wait your turn to enter which is no different than when it is locked due to max cap OR temporarily play a different campaign OR if you really have to have that one campaign come to the Dark Side...we have cookies.
    - Dallamar, Sorc, EP
    - Krushim of KrushimTV on Youtube and Twitch
    - https://www.youtube.com/c/KrushimTV
    - http://www.twitch.tv/krushim
  • blackwolf7
    blackwolf7
    ✭✭✭

they have said recently 1.1 will be out by the end of the month (april) dont know how visable that is but thats what one of the stupid director videos i got emailed said !

End of month april is on pts, it goes live after 1week, but with that many changes, bugs will happen so expect it to go live 2-3weeks

• JHenry
    JHenry
    ✭✭
    blackwolf7 wrote: »

Or learn to counter them properly.

and how do you propose in countering them effectively? Mist form= you can't see them at all during bat ulti. Only thing we need to do is cast an AoE fire based damage that is mitigated by the mist form's 75% damage reduction. Don't forget the life leech of the ulti. Eclipse does not help at all since they suck blood faster than the damage they reflect.
  • Omniphonic
    Omniphonic
    ✭✭
    come to the Dark Side...we have cookies.
    the last time i accepted cookies from someone on the dark side I woke up 6 hours later with my underwear on backwards. i'm not going through that again.
  • Zolyok
    Zolyok
    ✭✭✭
    Immortal Vamp DK : no body said a word no " if you dont fix i leave "
    Sorcerer Vamp " i'm already 2 miles away" : no body said a word no " if you dont fix i leave "
    1h/sword Bash spammer : no body said a word no " if you dont fix i leave "
    Bombers won't be able to defeat 30+ player with 3 player in 15 second : end of the world

Go in cyrodill look at a 40+ player bus you'll see :
    At least 15 DK
    Surely almost the same number of sorcerer
    6 or 7 Templar
    2/3 Nightblade

Edited by Zolyok on April 28, 2014 5:28AM
  • caveman42ub17_ESO

It's only 8 meters if you are currently humping the DK's leg. Standard melee range is 3-5 meters. Your roll will bring you out of it as long as your are currently trying to kiss the DK.