The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

PATCH NOTES V.1.1 Inc. Craglorn - From PTS

• davidetombab16_ESO
    davidetombab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    and for u eso has a good pve? Eso PvE is the most horrible thing I've seen. The only reason for eso to survive is to try to copy as much as possible to daoc. But as usual the devs are making the same mistakes as swtor and warhammer online.
    If their way is this is a announced fail
  • Osi
    Osi
    ✭✭✭
    Now THOSE are patch notes. Can't wait for this to go live.

Gives me hope to see that long list, although I expect there will need to be at least another 2 lists just as long to work out all the major bugs still floating around.
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blackwidow wrote: »
    NO FIX TO THE HEALING STAFF BUG????

Over a year now this bug has been a problem.

Can a GM at least come on here and acknowledge it needs fixing???

This has been reported 100's of times by thousands of players and all we hear from you is silence.

:neutral_face:

ROFLMAO!

A Dev will come here and change the size of my text, but won't comment on the actual bug itself.

Classic.
  • tw1jaysin
    tw1jaysin
    ✭✭✭
    Evergreen wrote: »
    Vampire + DK + Emperor = Basically unkillable by 50+ people in PvP - See Wabbajack for example, just sayin.

And its the DragonKnight skills that are the problem. DarkTalons is the only CC in the game that has no counter so you combine that with ultimate cost reduction and vampire ultimate. People try to down you at range use reflective scales. The most unbalanced aspect here is DragonKnight's AoE CC DoT DarkTalons which is the only CC skill in the game with no counter and not even affected by a CC immunity skill like immovable.

Dark Talons is the skill that has like 3 talons come outta the ground and pinch you right? If it is the one I'm thinking of, then you should know you can dodge roll out of it.
  • davidetombab16_ESO
    davidetombab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    again? U CAN T DODGE ROLL DARK TALON!!!! and even if it was the dodge doesn t give you immunity. It 'a spammable damage skill cc aoe ISTANT!
    Edited by davidetombab16_ESO on April 27, 2014 5:10PM
  • Perseas
    Perseas
    ✭✭✭
    I found something in a quest that u have to balance, well, some things need balancing. Here is an example bellow :

The quest : The Swordmaster Division (veteran edition)

I completed the first round with mages and I moved into the finals with the sword competition. The final NPC I had to compete was a bit hard, I liked that, killed me a couple of times (instant kill), I found it challenging. But in my 3rd try, the npc accidently touched the spikes in the floor, only once and it died instantly... So I won.

that was a turn off... I didnt even fought it in the 3rd try. So I think you have to balance the damage in the spikes that pop out from the floor.
    Edited by Perseas on April 27, 2014 1:01AM
  • Noshiz
    Noshiz
    ✭✭
    Happy to see so many fixes and additions. Keep them coming Zenimax!
  • Evergreen
    Evergreen
    ✭✭✭
    tw1jaysin wrote: »
    Evergreen wrote: »
    Vampire + DK + Emperor = Basically unkillable by 50+ people in PvP - See Wabbajack for example, just sayin.

And its the DragonKnight skills that are the problem. DarkTalons is the only CC in the game that has no counter so you combine that with ultimate cost reduction and vampire ultimate. People try to down you at range use reflective scales. The most unbalanced aspect here is DragonKnight's AoE CC DoT DarkTalons which is the only CC skill in the game with no counter and not even affected by a CC immunity skill like immovable.

Dark Talons is the skill that has like 3 talons come outta the ground and pinch you right? If it is the one I'm thinking of, then you should know you can dodge roll out of it.

You don't understand then how Dark Talons works in a pvp situation. The problem with how overpowered Dark Talons is that it has an 8 meter radius which a dodge roll does not take you out of range so the Dragon Knights in pvp just casts it again. What even makes this worse is Dark Talons is a smart AoE so the Dragon Knight doesn't have to aim like a Sorc does with their CC Encase. This allows the Dragon Knight and his teammates to destroy you and your group with ridiculous ease. Now that you understand this you can see why Dark Talons is the reason that the Dragon Knight vampires with Batswarm are insanely overpowered as well. The problem is Dark Talons and people have been mentioning this since beta.

So Dark Talons cannot be blocked, CC broken or prevented with CC immunity skill like Immovable and how could anyone say this is balanced? And yet Dark Talons is getting a buff in the next patch! I love the game and will keep subbing but I wish the devs understood pvp mechanics/balance better.

• blackwolf7
    blackwolf7
    ✭✭✭
    When will This be applied to live server? anyone knows?
  • Osi
    Osi
    ✭✭✭
    blackwolf7 wrote: »
    When will This be applied to live server? anyone knows?
    When Craglorn is released. Probably within the next 2-3 weeks.
  • Perseas
    Perseas
    ✭✭✭
    There is another thing I suggest as an addition. I ll give u an example (I write them one by one, because I just experienced it, I am playing at the same time.

I tried to do the solo dungeon An affront to Mara

Its not hard, but you must be extremely careful, I died about 20 times, even by traps, or because there are 3 npc and killing me instant, I am a sorc light armor. I made it to the last boss, just a room next to the exit~! I got all the items, only the last boss left... But since I use spells, this boss canceled my spells and killed me instantly. The problem is, it summoned me in the beggining! I had to travel ALL OVER again and again and the NPC spawn every 1 minutes.. so I got bored traveling all over and over again and I abandoned it.

You could add some waypoints! To avoid in such big caves, dungeons, to travel all over again. Its not a problem in group instances, because they remain empty. But its a problem in big dungeons like that, to travel all over and over and kill again and again.

So the suggestion is, to add 1-2 waypoints in big caves like that.. Its a huge cave, like a group dungeon! Because since we die with an instant hit, it makes it boring repeating.

And since we speak about quest items, I have many quest items in my bag, but I dont have the quests... They should removed once we abandon, or we complete!
    Edited by Perseas on April 27, 2014 2:37AM
  • Caelrya
    Caelrya
    I really, really, REALLY hope that they dont forget to add the social "layers" later or with the patch into the game. Like, Roleplayers really suffering from missing flags or something and the phasing to guild members or friends still isnt working right. They made a promise about that.

Apart from that, patch notes look good!
  • Harkrider
    Harkrider
    ✭✭✭
    Overall the patch looks great, but I think the AoE cap is a very bad idea for PvP.

How will smaller groups hope to defend themselves against overwhelming numbers now? It becomes a pure numbers game with this change.

Cap it for PvE if you must (although I don't consider the PvE performance an issue either), but it should remain uncapped versus enemy players.
  • Harkrider
    Harkrider
    ✭✭✭
    Caelrya wrote: »
    I really, really, REALLY hope that they dont forget to add the social "layers" later or with the patch into the game. Like, Roleplayers really suffering from missing flags or something and the phasing to guild members or friends still isnt working right. They made a promise about that.

Apart from that, patch notes look good!

If you're referring to the idea that players would be asked questions about their playstyle and then phased with like-minded individuals, that idea was nixed a long time ago.
  • gorma
    gorma
    Some good changes but I am really disappointed that what annoys me (and a lot of other people) the most is not addressed:

No short term buffs/debuffs API (why oh god whyyy?)
    - really kills the game for me not to see how long my taunts last, when I need to reapply dots, when i need to reapply my buffs etc. You have my respect if you can see the visuals for this on you and npcs in group situations(4-10 players) but I am pretty sure 99,9% of the players arent able to do so.
    - Nobody really cares for dps meters and stuff we simply want to see buffs/debuffs. So pls make the API usefull at all again.

So yeah, I like this game but without Buffs/Debuffs I'll cancel my subscription and come back when the API is working again.

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R0M2K wrote: »
    WTF ZOS???

FIX/BALANCE THE DAMM NB CLASS!!!
    this.

BTW, NBs already have the AoE cap. Look at Drain Power, then Power Extraction tooltips.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • blackwolf7
    blackwolf7
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm 2 to 3 weeks? It will take that long before they implement a fix for vampire passive bugged which was already known since beta?
  • merfpmerfinton
    merfpmerfinton
    ✭✭✭
    I sincerely hope that there will be a lot more added to the fix list for Nightblades.
    NBs honestly need to be one of the top priorities. You have one of the four core classes riddled with bugs and broken abilities. To have the initial notes come out that only list four minuscule fixes for the class in the worst condition, while showing buffs for Sorcs and DKs isn't a good look.
    There are threads popping up daily listing the problems with the NB. Many people have just given up and rerolled to Sorc or DK and who can blame them? It's extremely disheartening to have your class of choice out shined by others in every aspect of the game. Not to mention constantly having to respec due to bugged / broken abilities and ambiguous tool tips.
  • Cadoc
    Cadoc
    NO FIX TO THE HEALING STAFF BUG????

Over a year now this bug has been a problem.

Can a GM at least come on here and acknowledge it needs fixing???

This has been reported 100's of times by thousands of players and all we hear from you is silence.

:neutral_face:

ROFLMAO!

A Dev will come here and change the size of my text, but won't comment on the actual bug itself.

Classic.

You think a DEVELOPER has edited your post? Are you for real?

• Nem3sys
    Nem3sys
    if zenimax put aoe cap on many skill they simply ditch their grave,the only difference is gw2 is b2p and this one is p2p.
    Edited by Nem3sys on April 27, 2014 12:00PM
  • neocomab16_ESO
    neocomab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Malediktus wrote: »
    Ojustaboo wrote: »
    The XP awarded for killing enemy player characters has been doubled.
    XP rewards for completing the quest to kill 20 enemy player characters have also been increased.

Please please please give those of us that want it, the option to completely disable XP both in PvE and in PvP. I would love to spend more time in Cyrodiil, but I don't want to out level my PvE areas.

Just a simple toggle to disable it is all I and many others would like, we're not asking for any others to loose out on their XP
    This. I hate to constantly outlevel content.

If you dont care for it anyway you shouldnt mind doing grey mobs and grey quests. If you think you are too strong, get rid of your gear. XP stop in an MMO, hilarious.
  • caveman42ub17_ESO
    moXrox wrote: »
    Haduis wrote: »
    Morkulth wrote: »
    Fixed an issue with several area-of-effect abilities where they could erroneously hit an unlimited number of targets.

You people are all blind. This is the worst change any game can ever make. This is an extremely slimy and disgusting way to sneak something like this is in and not address it at all. This is zos trying to hide major game changes without addressing the community as to why they are changing it. We have been testing on the PTS and every and I mean EVERY aoe ability only hits 6 targets (Yes this is healing spells AND ULTIMATES as well).

This single change will make this game general and absolutely destroy the ability of small groups to take on larger groups of enemies. THEY MENTIONED IN ALMOST EVERY INTERVIEW THAT SMALLER GROUPS COULD KILL LARGER GROUPS. I am sorry but without having a reasoning behind this I can no longer support this game. This needs to seriously be reversed or make the damage worthwhile because aoe abilities already hit for jacksh*t.

This is a big *** deal, especially for PvP. We need to raise a stink about this.

if this goes live im out. im glad if ppl are enjoying the game. but like the dude above wrote, they said in the interviews that smaller grps could take on the zerg. i cant keep playing a game where the zerg almost always wins.

add to that the misery that is the buggy nightblade class, vamps everywhere soon, all the bugged *** and its just to much.

Did you see the video on youtube where 3-4 players just sneak into a castle with open doors and AoE maybe 30+ players and they all die in just seconds ?

I really dont want to see this in pvp and I bet many other people aswell.

So, they had an intelligent strategy and wiped 30+ players that weren't smart enough to watch behind them and you are screaming nerf? It takes a special kind of person to entirely FAIL to realize that good strategy should always trump numbers. To anyone that gets wiped like this, L2P and quit QQing all over the forums for nerfs.

Especially those that are QQing about vamps. Did you know (and apparently you don't) that Zeni created an entire skill line for hurting vamps and werewolves? Tired of getting spammed by bats? Try standing back and don't swarm a vamp like a mindless zerg. Use silver bolts.

I'm not sure if I missed this or it was ignored, but these changes would make Inhale entirely useless. Entirely.

So as a dk aoe mage build, these changes will entirely destroy my build. Think people, most of these aoe's are 5-8 meters. Most melee attacks are 5-8 meters. In order for me to actually use my aoe spells, I have to be in melee range of all of my intended targets. But with this, not only do I have to be in range of all of my targets, I have to be in range of people that I can't even hit.

A single sword and board templar is capable of tossing enough CC to lock down this build. A single archer can death spam poison arrow and unless I'm ready for him, he can take me down. There are a TON of ways to take down an AOE caster. It's a very fragile build but fun as hell when you get in that perfect position. So what is proposed? Lets go ahead and take away the perfect position to appease the mindless zergs QQing the forums.

Other than the complete nerf of my build, the patch looks good.
  • Cacus
    Cacus
    ✭✭✭
    What idiot decided to put a cap on the number of targets AOE hits, I'm sorry if you're a dim wit thats standing in fire you're gonna get burned, Silly fix, Keep it real ZOS.
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I realize this isn't the live patch notes and things could change but it's quite disappointing that there aren't fixes listed for the horrid guild bank stacking issue, officer chat or the horrendous guild bank performance that generates endless "retrieving items" messages. I'm also surprised there is no mention of the rollback issue. That is still happening and I would think should be a huge priority.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how long it is going to take to fix the Mac client. I know you guys don t care about Mac players but we paid the same for the game that you did and we are unable to play in Cyrodill for more than 5 minutes without crashing (which in turn leads to endless loading screens of spinning death for 30 minutes).This has been going on since the first beta...which means months.

Not having access to Cyrodill without constantly crashing means half the game does not work. Patch 1.1 comes out one month after launch and still no comments or details on how long until we can play the game we paid for like everybody.

You are virtually risking to lose most of your Mac players for not having made a single comment on fixing the issue since launch.
    Edited by Monsoon on April 27, 2014 4:56PM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malediktus wrote: »
    Ojustaboo wrote: »
    The XP awarded for killing enemy player characters has been doubled.
    XP rewards for completing the quest to kill 20 enemy player characters have also been increased.

Please please please give those of us that want it, the option to completely disable XP both in PvE and in PvP. I would love to spend more time in Cyrodiil, but I don't want to out level my PvE areas.

Just a simple toggle to disable it is all I and many others would like, we're not asking for any others to loose out on their XP
    This. I hate to constantly outlevel content.

If you dont care for it anyway you shouldnt mind doing grey mobs and grey quests. If you think you are too strong, get rid of your gear. XP stop in an MMO, hilarious.
    Just to note that both LOTRO (paid option) and WoW offer options to switch XP gain off, in an MMO. Not sure offering players choice is a bad thing.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Switching xp off in wow was added to combat twink whines when they added xp to bgs. Nothing more.

Certainly no because of "I dont want to outlevel content".

Locking xp would also gut skill gain as you need to gain xp to level skills.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we are still not getting achieves in Stormhaven and Lesser Circle(and the other one with summoning) is still bugged :(
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to directly nerf vampire abilities in PvP.
    End the tedious inventory management game.
  • Daethz
    Daethz
    ✭✭✭
    pecheckler wrote: »
    You need to directly nerf vampire abilities in PvP.
    No. Use Fire.

Waiting, and watching, for the return of Melee Weapons.
    -Subsidiary of The Fighters Guild