The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PATCH NOTES V.1.1 Inc. Craglorn - From PTS

• lewiscowface
    lewiscowface
    Soul Shriven
    If nothing changes I will need to become a vampire too if I want to be competitive in pvp... I hate vampires rol, but I have to be one of them, holy crap.
  • LazerusKI
    LazerusKI
    ✭✭✭
    R0M2K wrote: »
    WTF ZOS???
    FIX/BALANCE THE DAMM NB CLASS!!!

that would be nice...im still waiting for some kind of backstab bonus when you are allready infight.
    its depressing to see Shieldbash dealing twice the dps that i can deal with my abilities...
  • lewiscowface
    lewiscowface
    Soul Shriven
    Do you really, guys, want a game full of vampires? (Charge, ultimate, def posture...you are all dead) Really??
  • Saerydoth
    Saerydoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping that there will be bank/inventory changes in this patch. The bank size needs to be dramatically increased. Character inventory is fine as is, bank space is not. We shouldn't have to make mule characters and spend huge amounts of time shuffling items around.

Granted, I don't want to be able to carry 1000 items around with me...character inventory is fine as is. But for the bank, I'd say let's start at 250 slots and go up from there.

They did say these patch notes are not final though, so there is still a chance that changes might make their way in.
    Edited by Saerydoth on April 26, 2014 5:22PM
  • Firesnakearies
    Ojustaboo wrote: »
    The XP awarded for killing enemy player characters has been doubled.
    XP rewards for completing the quest to kill 20 enemy player characters have also been increased.

Please please please give those of us that want it, the option to completely disable XP both in PvE and in PvP. I would love to spend more time in Cyrodiil, but I don't want to out level my PvE areas.

Just a simple toggle to disable it is all I and many others would like, we're not asking for any others to loose out on their XP

Thissssssssssss. So very much this.

Please.
  • Firesnakearies
    Saerydoth wrote: »
    I'm hoping that there will be bank/inventory changes in this patch. The bank size needs to be dramatically increased. Character inventory is fine as is, bank space is not. We shouldn't have to make mule characters and spend huge amounts of time shuffling items around.

Granted, I don't want to be able to carry 1000 items around with me...character inventory is fine as is. But for the bank, I'd say let's start at 250 slots and go up from there.

They did say these patch notes are not final though, so there is still a chance that changes might make their way in.

Also this. I can't count the number of times I've seen people in game (and on the forums) complaining about how long and drudgerous inventory/bank management is in this game. People hate having to spend as much time as we currently do faffing about with mule alts and such due to painfully limited storage space.

Can we get some relief here?
  • Evergreen
    Evergreen
    ✭✭✭
    If nothing changes I will need to become a vampire too if I want to be competitive in pvp... I hate vampires rol, but I have to be one of them, holy crap.

Vampires are not that powerful unless combined with a DragonKnight. Darktalons is the most powerful CC in the game and only CC that has no counter or is affect by CC immunity skills like immovable. Now combine DarkTalons with bat swarm . Not to mention the ultimate cost reduction, reflective scales etc. Darktalons is the biggest problems since its a uniquely overpowered immobilizing AoE CC. Instead of nerfing how about making every class CC unbreakable with no counter or affected by CC immunity skills? The rational thing to do of course is balance DarkTalons but instead this latest patch is actually buffing DarkTalons, unbelievable..
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by ZOS_SandraF on April 26, 2014 11:15PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by ZOS_SandraF on April 26, 2014 11:14PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Saerydoth
    Saerydoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saerydoth wrote: »

Also this. I can't count the number of times I've seen people in game (and on the forums) complaining about how long and drudgerous inventory/bank management is in this game. People hate having to spend as much time as we currently do faffing about with mule alts and such due to painfully limited storage space.

Can we get some relief here?

In addition, bank size changes should be retroactive to everyone, and the upgrade costs should be the same.

So if it's changed from 60-70-80-90-100-110 to 200-300-400-500-600, and you currently have 80, you should automatically have 400. It will "remember" that you purchased 2 bank upgrades, and your bank will be the new upgraded size.

But as I've said, my suggestions are for the bank only. Character inventory should stay exactly as is.
    Edited by Saerydoth on April 26, 2014 5:40PM
  • Keiffo
    Keiffo
    ✭✭✭
    Oh wow. You guys have been busy, that patch notes list is MASSIVE. I didn't even know half those bugs existed. Looking forward to this patch. :D
  • Oberon
    Oberon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haduis wrote: »
    Can we also look into mounting time for healers?

I've noticed that when I heal my realm-mates I can't mount for a very, very long time afterward.

This mount delay lasts 10-30 seconds after the fight, so my group has to wait around for me.

edit: And I mean after fights end and nobody is in combat anymore.
    +1

This is a big deal. If you put a hot on somebody, you're stuck in combat for a long, Long, LONG time. Everybody else mounts up and runs off, and you are stuck running for an extremely long time, well after the combat has concluded.
  • Dominulf
    Dominulf
    ✭✭✭
    moXrox wrote: »
    Morkulth wrote: »
    Fixed an issue with several area-of-effect abilities where they could erroneously hit an unlimited number of targets.

You people are all blind. This is the worst change any game can ever make. This is an extremely slimy and disgusting way to sneak something like this is in and not address it at all. This is zos trying to hide major game changes without addressing the community as to why they are changing it. We have been testing on the PTS and every and I mean EVERY aoe ability only hits 6 targets (Yes this is healing spells AND ULTIMATES as well).

This single change will make this game general and absolutely destroy the ability of small groups to take on larger groups of enemies. THEY MENTIONED IN ALMOST EVERY INTERVIEW THAT SMALLER GROUPS COULD KILL LARGER GROUPS. I am sorry but without having a reasoning behind this I can no longer support this game. This needs to seriously be reversed or make the damage worthwhile because aoe abilities already hit for jacksh*t.

You mean that 3-4 people can not kill 25+ people anymore with just AoE bombs in some seconds in Cyrodiil ?

Great they fix this, I saw it on youtube and thought this is a joke.

Spoken like an AD player.
    How are people supposed to fight when they are outnumbered so badly?

There would be literally nothing you could do against zergs stacking a spot and running together. Zerging and population imbalance is already an issue as it is. This would only make PvP and it's appeal even worse.

Get your head out of your
    The Elder Scrolls Online - Where the best spells are AoEs and the strongest weapon is a Shield!

"I used to be the most beloved roleplaying series of a generation... but then I took $14.99/mo to the knee."
  • jnjapexb14_ESO
    jnjapexb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Vampire + DK + Emperor = Basically unkillable by 50+ people in PvP - See Wabbajack for example, just sayin.
  • Evergreen
    Evergreen
    ✭✭✭
    Vampire + DK + Emperor = Basically unkillable by 50+ people in PvP - See Wabbajack for example, just sayin.

And its the DragonKnight skills that are the problem. DarkTalons is the only CC in the game that has no counter so you combine that with ultimate cost reduction and vampire ultimate. People try to down you at range use reflective scales. The most unbalanced aspect here is DragonKnight's AoE CC DoT DarkTalons which is the only CC skill in the game with no counter and not even affected by a CC immunity skill like immovable.

• Sabbatus
    Sabbatus
    ✭✭✭
    Malediktus wrote: »
    I dont see the problem with the aoe cap. Unlimited AOE is gamebreaking. It made certain AOE abilities way too powerful

So they should limit those "certain AOE abilities" and not screw the entire system.
  • Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭
    They did the same thing about limiting the number of mobs that it affected in Vanguard because of pvp and it killed the sorc class.
  • Soliduparrow
    Soliduparrow
    ✭✭✭
    where is the PTS forum?
  • Sabbatus
    Sabbatus
    ✭✭✭
    Firmament wrote: »
    Goodbye NB I am rerolling my alt as DK.

FOTM gamer, must have been a WoW player.

• txfeinbergsub17_ESO
    Wow, now those are some patch notes! Looking forward to this update.
  • Saerydoth
    Saerydoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sabbatus wrote: »
    Firmament wrote: »
    Goodbye NB I am rerolling my alt as DK.

FOTM gamer, must have been a WoW player.

No kidding. People like this are a cancer in MMO's. 1) Look up theoretical highest DPS class/build on the internet. 2) Use that. 3) Brag on the forums and in game about how "skilled" you are. 4) Complain when it is nerfed, or when they DARE to buff something else to do the damage you're doing.
  • Chanz
    Chanz
    ✭✭
    Fix the damn infinite loading times in Cyrodil. At prime time, I usually spend around 15-30min on relogging to actually get inside... it's the same with any loading inside of cyrodil (dungeon, transitus...). Sometimes there are random crashes and errors and the infinite loading times just continue...
  • Thralgaf
    Thralgaf
    ✭✭✭
    Malediktus wrote: »
    Ojustaboo wrote: »
    The XP awarded for killing enemy player characters has been doubled.
    XP rewards for completing the quest to kill 20 enemy player characters have also been increased.

Please please please give those of us that want it, the option to completely disable XP both in PvE and in PvP. I would love to spend more time in Cyrodiil, but I don't want to out level my PvE areas.

Just a simple toggle to disable it is all I and many others would like, we're not asking for any others to loose out on their XP
    This. I hate to constantly outlevel content.

But it leaves the game open for twinkers et al

How does one twink in a pvp system that has one level (50)?
  • matty_dou7b16_ESO
    matty_dou7b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Here is my review on ESO:
    http://www.pompousgamers.com/elder-scrolls-online-review-2/
    I don't believe I'll be resubbing.. What's the point of hitting max level if you have to keep leveling afterwards to do content? And where is the competitive PVP?
  • Harakh
    Harakh
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but the important things are not in this patch.

Werwolf nerf .... ehm are you guys really play the same game?
    Dragonknight Buff ok why?
    Nighblade fixes are minor what about the real bug in the Nightblade class?

I am glad i could see the patchnotes befor my 30 days end now i see how important some point are for you class balance is not something you want to achieve.
    Edited by Harakh on April 26, 2014 10:33PM
    Die Welt in einem Sandkorn sehen
    Und den Himmel in einer wilden Blume;
    Die Unendlichkeit in der Handfläche halten
    Und die Ewigkeit in einer Stunde.
  • fiachsidhe
    fiachsidhe
    ✭✭✭
    So no love for the crappy WereWolf? How about a complete remake to make it comparable with the Vamp? To me the tradeoff for tranforming to WW is way to high. Since you have access to only 2 abilities as a WW while you have access to all as a Vamp and beeing vamp all the time and WW only for a VERY short period of time every now and then makes me belive the WW was put together in a haste... Other than that - great patchnotes...

Speaking as a vampire player, I used to think vampire's had it bad in the downside department. Then I learned what werewolf players have to deal with. Jesus, what a joyless, uninspired design. I mean could they make WW's any less satisfying to play?

Werewolf form really should be a toggle, with a full cast bar of unique stuff. It should act like a weapon set.
    Not an ultimate. That's insane, and larger point, joyless and not at all fun. People become werewolves to run around and fight in WW form, shifting into wolf form and diving into a group of mobs all dramatic-like. Not grind up an unreasonable amount of UP's, only to use it for minutes at a time while sacrificing 80% of their character's functionality.

Only this game's designers would even consider making it so banal, and tying it to the ultimate was just plain stupid.
    Edited by fiachsidhe on April 26, 2014 10:35PM
    Don't have an intelligent argument? Just LOL a post!

Dire Crow - Ebonheart Pact - Dunmer Nightblade
  • fiachsidhe
    fiachsidhe
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say I am impressed with the number of fixes, and additions though. I'm really looking forward to this patch. For the most part, I like what I see. Even if I don't see some things I'd like.
    Edited by fiachsidhe on April 26, 2014 10:36PM

• NTclaymore
    NTclaymore
    ✭✭✭✭
    About the AOEs.. Woudnt it be possible to use a soft-cap system? like after hitting 6 enemies its effect is reduced for each extra enemy getting hit. 6 persons gets the full effect/damage on them while the rest is not as badly hurt? it could fix the Bat swamp thing since it wont heal as good and wont screw up the system that much as a solid cap on 6 enemies would?
    He spoke, the son of Padomay, and nodded his head with the dark brows
    and the imortally anointed hair of the great god
    swept from his divine head, and all Mundus was shaken.
  • fiachsidhe
    fiachsidhe
    ✭✭✭
    who cares about pve? There are thousands of pve games.

Who cares about PVP in an mmorpg? (Lots of people, but I'm making a point here) It's impossible to balance, and there are entire genres of games dedicated to better and more balanced player vs. player combat.

Also PVP hardcores complain the loudest when they aren't catered to, won't ever shut up about nerfing whatever class is killing them the most, and are the first to ragequit and move on to new games when the PVP isn't the second coming of Dark Age of Camelot.
    Edited by fiachsidhe on April 26, 2014 10:44PM

• iaintoff
    iaintoff
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds good might resub