Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Major issues with the game - by Angry Joe

• Greyhaven
    Greyhaven
    ✭✭
    I'm going to say the same thing here that I did there:

Gotta love how someone that makes a living by monetizing videos through advertisements complains about a sub fee. Good thing I have adblock plus installed.
    Also...the only real problems this game has are gold spammers and bots in public dungeons. Zenimax has been VERY GOOD about pumping out fixes in a timely manner.
    I never purchased the imperial edition..and I love running through the expansive, beautiful countrysides. Many times I'll simply stop what I'm doing and wander over somewhere to take a minute and soak in the scenery.
    All in all, don't take some angry basement dweller's word for it...try it for yourself. Or just hate it without trying it, like any four year old and broccoli.

A very true statement, folks forget how these "Legit people" are actually bought and sold by the highest bidder, while he was doing his little skit about the horrors of having to pay, imagine Blizzard/Activision or Trion Worlds cramming money into his back pocket, then you would have a accurate representation of the situation.

99.9% of "unsolicited" opinions on the internet are from company men and women, the game is buggy but it's nothing that can't be fixed.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to say the same thing here that I did there:

Gotta love how someone that makes a living by monetizing videos through advertisements complains about a sub fee. Good thing I have adblock plus installed.
    Also...the only real problems this game has are gold spammers and bots in public dungeons. Zenimax has been VERY GOOD about pumping out fixes in a timely manner.
    I never purchased the imperial edition..and I love running through the expansive, beautiful countrysides. Many times I'll simply stop what I'm doing and wander over somewhere to take a minute and soak in the scenery.
    All in all, don't take some angry basement dweller's word for it...try it for yourself. Or just hate it without trying it, like any four year old and broccoli.

My class is still bugged to the point where I have to relog just to get it working most of the time.

It has been like since release. Would love for that speedy bug fix, or maybe not beta testing a class that is live.
  • codyyoungnub18_ESO
    ENAK wrote: »
    Hi,

Joe's review of ESO is up (I'm sure others posted the link but here it is again, just for measure): Here...

The review shows what's wrong with the game... Seems most people agree, judging by the comments and thumbs up on the vid.

Also... Why is there no easily accessible open forum here?!? It's hidden somewhere in the category map - level 3 or 4 as if to discourage discussion or something...
    Um angry joe only makes videos that *** on games. Never once has made a positive review.

Heh, that's not even close to being true.

GW2 got a 10/10.

Quite possibly the worst mmo designed ever damn near.

GW2 only game I ever bought that I didn't feel like playing after 3 weeks. On the bright side it taught me to keep my mouth shut about the "awful holy trinity", after playing GW2 I wanted to climb back into the warm comforting womb of holy trinity.
  • Hrithmus
    Hrithmus
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with everything he said in the video. How could you not?
  • ENAK
    ENAK
    ✭✭
    ...so this thread spiraled... :)

But anyhow... His main annoyances were botters and campers at the public dungeons, tons of mediocre quests with unsatisfying endings, bugs, bs economy with massive goldsinks designed to make you buy that collector horse or suffer 15 levels of painfully slow running around and design that seems to discourage grouping for some weird reason... Those are not issues you're experiencing? I know I am and my guildies confirm... Game would be fine if stuff like that was fixed.

Some might not like his "anger" bits, but... He is basically right. PC Gamer gave ESO 68/100, Joe uses the full scale (instead of the usual 6-10/10) and went for the "it's really average" score of 5/10. And it is, no reason to bs ourselves.
    Edited by ENAK on April 22, 2014 6:17PM
  • Sempars
    Sempars
    ✭✭✭
    ...so this thread spiraled... :)

Angry People... Just saying >_>

• Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

Joe's review of ESO is up (I'm sure others posted the link but here it is again, just for measure): Here...

The review shows what's wrong with the game... Seems most people agree, judging by the comments and thumbs up on the vid.

Also... Why is there no easily accessible open forum here?!? It's hidden somewhere in the category map - level 3 or 4 as if to discourage discussion or something...
    Um angry joe only makes videos that *** on games. Never once has made a positive review.

Heh, that's not even close to being true.

GW2 got a 10/10.

Quite possibly the worst mmo designed ever damn near.

GW2 only game I ever bought that I didn't feel like playing after 3 weeks. On the bright side it taught me to keep my mouth shut about the "awful holy trinity", after playing GW2 I wanted to climb back into the warm comforting womb of holy trinity.

I was sick of that game 3 hours into beta. Friendship was the only thing that kept me playing that boring game.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrithmus wrote: »
    I agree with everything he said in the video. How could you not?

I agree, I tried to warn my friend to wait this game is a buggy pos right now. he was all excited. He likes Joe, and saw that video. Saved my friend some money.

I'm happy, I got tired of trying to talk sense into him. TY joe.

• Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9 pages of comments and only +2 agrees with the OP.

I think it's safe to say most of us are enjoying the game just fine, thanks.
    Edited by Sarenia on April 22, 2014 6:15PM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Sempars
    Sempars
    ✭✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »

OH im having fun, but come on... You have to agree with joe on like 90% of what hes saying.
  • Greyhaven
    Greyhaven
    ✭✭
    Ugh the Angry Army Astroturfers have shown up...so completely sad and pathethic
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not be playing if I did not have fun, but they have until June to shape this game up to be a lot better.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sempars wrote: »

OH im having fun, but come on... You have to agree with joe on like 90% of what hes saying.

Actually I dont agree with a thing he says. He comes off as an uninformed troll
  • Hrithmus
    Hrithmus
    ✭✭✭
    I call total bull *** that not one person would agree with at least 1 topic he brought up. Weather it be bugs, group questing or the amount of gold. You either already hated angry joe, or just soooooo *** blind you can't see any issues with the state of the game, as it is right now.

Like it or not. Over 180,000 people watch his video. He has more of a say then your forum post and my post. Maybe ESO will watch the video and change some things. WHY ON EARTH would you want the game like it is right now...?????!!!?????
  • Greyhaven
    Greyhaven
    ✭✭
    I would not be playing if I did not have fun, but they have until June to shape this game up to be a lot better.

Looks like the bugs are in process of being addressed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snxSpJ8gwpQ&list=PLGtuqcQxqHoy1a38fYx1CkebhJf_40Tku
  • Sempars
    Sempars
    ✭✭✭
    Sempars wrote: »

Actually I dont agree with a thing he says. He comes off as an uninformed troll

Do what! soo you dont agree that group/party quest is crap? dont agree there are tons of bots? this is all stuff people been talking about for weeks now.
  • Saerydoth
    Saerydoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of people don't realize that Angry Joe isn't a real person. He's a fictional character, played by a real person. But tearing games to shreds, being inconsistent, and "angry" all the time is how he gets subscribers. It's all part of the act. He probably laughed all the way to the bank at the money he made and went back to playing ESO. :P
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it's safe to say Bull$%*&

Most people are frustrated with the buggs/Bots/spam/loading screens. Put your head in the sand if you do so choose but if everyone does that, this game will fail.

With some updates this game could be great but it's far far away from that right now.
  • nanaki90
    nanaki90
    feels ike he didnt even play the game proper. He whined like a little *** about how expensive horses are and compared the price to the gold droped by monsters (usually 1gold).
    When selling gear yields so much more it is not hard to ger 17k. I am lvl 40 and could have bought the 42k horse instead of even more bank upgrades (and i already own the 17k one). I see everyone has a horse in my zone so i am not alone
  • ENAK
    ENAK
    ✭✭
    Hrithmus wrote: »
    Like it or not. Over 180,000 people watch his video.

This 180k on day one. His review videos usually go > 1M within a week or so.

Just to make it clear, I too often disagree with what Joe says about games. I find some of his comments childish, other just plainly stupid... but... This time around, most of the stuff he pointed out is by all means there. :( And this sucks hard... I was hoping for a such great MMO-Scrolls game, but instead I feel like I'm beta-testing a seriously mediocre console-MMO that was made by people who were sent on a tour of MMOs and did the following: copied the phasing from WoW, the quest design from TSW, the weapon based skills from GW2, the public events from Rift, etc... Then, they applied the Scrolls lore on top of it. It just feels very unpolished and stitched together. And then there are the bugs and the design inexperience, best pictured by the "public dungeon end boss bs" that's going around. :(
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people dont have the issues the minority try to say that everyone has.
  • stylernaku
    stylernaku
    ✭✭✭

I think it's safe to say Bull$%*&

Most people are frustrated with the buggs/Bots/spam/loading screens. Put your head in the sand if you do so choose but if everyone does that, this game will fail.

With some updates this game could be great but it's far far away from that right now.

Most people, then why is it I see negativity on here, where it's easy for any troll to dump his negative crap on a post with a little video or meme, but when I'm playing in PVP, or Pve with everyone else, I don't see complaints in Zone chat...?

We are all busy playing. When there's a bug people vent on here they can't do x y z, when the bugs fixed however just what percentage do you think of the former whiners come back on this forum to say thank you for sorting that.

Exactly. The numbers of people playing now, should give you an idea of how popular the game really is, and how many are truly enjoying it.

If people are running around in pvp at vet 10, who have not exploited, then what the hell does that tell you. That's some game time put in there, who'd do that if this game was this "unplayable trainwreck" exactly. You wouldn't take the time you'd be off playing something else.

What I SEE with this ame is a very aggresive effort from people to churn up the slightest issue and bug and CAPSLOCK a post about how the game will surely be F2P and fail because you can't get a sword in pink, or call your mudcrap mr tickle.

I see this game, as MANY OTHERS DO, as showing great potential. It's sjust a shame so many WoW kiddy winks came over here and got all TLDR because the quests ask you read things sometimes and there's a focus on concentrating on combat, not just spaming macro's.
  • Requiemslove
    Requiemslove
    ✭✭✭
    Well...you cant PLAY TESO, without a sub, am I right?

Yea, that was rhetorical. My point being that if their business model is to make customers [which we are] shell out every month for the ability to play a game some of us spent nearly £80 on, surely us customers have the God given RIGHT to demand a certain degree of quality in the game. And they have to accept that if they do not deliver that quality we have every right to withdraw our financial support. Now its early doors, but be honest, how many of you think you will be here in 3-4 months if the loot-bot problem is as prevalent, or worse. Where does the line in the sand get drawn? 20 bots a dungeon? 50 bots a dungeon? 100 bots a dungeon? 1000 bots a dungeon? I love elder scrolls. I am more than willing to pay the sub, given the game is worth it. But I DEMAND the ability to go into any solo dungeon I see, and to be able to go through it, kill EVERYTHING, and not have to go through HELL trying to get 1 damn hit on a dungeon boss, and get my DAMN loot just the once, because of effing BOTS.

Now I know that sounds petty, but think, what if these bots are NOT just in dungeons but farming all boss NPCs everywhere?

Anyway, Pieceofyam and others of similar mind, yes, if there are problems with a MMO which sullies it to an extent where a sub does not seem feasible, being ticked off about it is more than warranted. I can understand why some feel cheated.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These "reviewers" are just playing off ESO's current position in the spotlight.

* Find any issues a game has at launch (they all have them).
    * Make angry review as trope personality on Youtube.
    * Check your Paypal occasionally as Youtube hits buy you a new car.

The "harsh critic" trope is so severely played out, that I can't believe people actually get off on it anymore.
    Edited by Sarenia on April 22, 2014 6:38PM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll say one thing for Angry Joe, he sure is angry.

If he was on my team-speak (or whatever) I'd definitely mute the fellow.
    I lyke not this quill.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He has passion, he loves games.

The points his he makes are very valid. It is the reason my wife did not want to play with me. Group questing is so bad in this game.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crumpy wrote: »
    I'll say one thing for Angry Joe, he sure is angry.

If he was on my team-speak (or whatever) I'd definitely mute the fellow.

lol same.

I would be rushing for the mute button as fast as I could.
    Edited by Jeremy on April 22, 2014 6:51PM
  • magickats242cub18_ESO
    180k views, when alot of the viewers can't even pass the two minute mark.

Youtube needs to start tallying numbers at the end of each clip, instead of the start.
  • magickats242cub18_ESO

The points his he makes are very valid. It is the reason my wife did not want to play with me. Group questing is so bad in this game.

Are you sure that's the reason? I sometimes don't like to play with my husband, because, well, I am a better gamer then he is. :P

Don't want to make him feel bad.

• Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He makes some valid points. This game is certainly not group friendly in many ways. But a lot of MMORPGs are that way now. In fact many of them do not allow you to group up for quests at all.

It's been the trend now for years for MMORPGs to play more like single player games. I have no idea why this is. But apparently a majority of people who do not want to group up with others play multi-player games. It's weird.
    Edited by Jeremy on April 22, 2014 6:52PM