Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Major issues with the game - by Angry Joe

• Nikolas
    Nikolas
    ✭✭✭
    omg... is this post still "Active"? The guy that gave 10/10 at gw2 (my worst mmo experience ever - although i LOVED gw1) is trashing ESO, I must be in the "right" game as it seems lol! Even for the things that he was spot on (which can ALL be fixed), its not WHAT you say its HOW you say it. It was obvious to me that he wanted to trash it - for his own reasons - and he was adding pure lies to his "examples".

Anyway I'm having fun playing it, so who cares about Joe.

PS: Good day to all of you :)
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No housing, no wives/husbands, no kids, no pets.. armor designs are bland, brown, and look like stuff I saw in Morrowind 20 years ago.. with about as much enthusiasm.

Housing will come (maybe not spouses and kids though) and armor and weapon designs are one of my favorite things in this game. Armor is not all spikey and colorful and overdone and the weapons are pretty close to realistic size.

To me armor and weapons in this game are the perfect mix of fantasy and reality. I don't want to see people running around with bright red and blue armor full of spikes and horns and particle effects and carrying weapons only a giant could wield. That *** belongs in cartoony WoW or an anime-inspired MMO.
  • nazgull2k1ub17_ESO
    nazgull2k1ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, but can we get ANY other color besides dull grey and friggen brown? IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK!?
  • Saihung423
    Saihung423
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on the structure of your eye. If your photoreceptor cells are not perceiving the other colors, then well...no that's about all you'll get.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys this is a new mmo, give it a couple of years..... ESO is not comparable with WoW, because WoW has been refined for over 10 years...
  • SuperScrubby
    SuperScrubby
    ✭✭✭
    If the dev's didn't make terrible ass knee jerk reactions to problems that are miniscule then yes the game will continue to be refined in a good way. But if they keep making dumb mistakes which can be solved fairly easily as many other games have made the same mistakes then that's where the problem lies.

The last few weeks have been a painful process. The game went from loading perfectly fine to now having long ass load times. It's the whole thing that they patch 1 thing and 2 things break. Yes it happens with every game, but they're already on thin ice with the billing fiasco and how they handled a lot of things after the early access period, such as their terrible patch to combat "boss farming".

They're slowly making progress but they need to kick it into high gear and really filter out all the garbage suggestions that people are making like calling for nerfs to Molag Bal and such.
  • Saihung423
    Saihung423
    ✭✭✭
    If the dev's didn't make terrible ass knee jerk reactions to problems that are miniscule then yes the game will continue to be refined in a good way. But if they keep making dumb mistakes which can be solved fairly easily as many other games have made the same mistakes then that's where the problem lies.
    Examples please:)
  • SuperScrubby
    SuperScrubby
    ✭✭✭
    1. They nerfed dungeon exp because some people used it to level too fast. So now we're left with group dungeons that give almost no exp whatsoever after the first quest. Supposedly you can grind them in VR dungeons, but I have yet to do those.

2. The PvP quest of kill 20 is now nerfed to be daily for whatever garbage reason they gave.

3. They gutted the API rather than fix it themselves because it gave other players an "unfair" advantage rather than trying to level it themselves.

4. They nerfed boss drops because that was their "best" solution to boss farming when it really isn't since bots still sit there 24/7 because they are an automated program.

I would consider all of these responses by the developers are knee jerk ones that took no thought in how it would actually affect the rest of the player base and the game as a whole. I would say personally that these are just the ones that I can think of off the top of my head as bad knee jerk reactions.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nikolas wrote: »
    omg... is this post still "Active"? The guy that gave 10/10 at gw2 (my worst mmo experience ever - although i LOVED gw1) is trashing ESO, I must be in the "right" game as it seems lol! Even for the things that he was spot on (which can ALL be fixed), its not WHAT you say its HOW you say it. It was obvious to me that he wanted to trash it - for his own reasons - and he was adding pure lies to his "examples".

Anyway I'm having fun playing it, so who cares about Joe.

PS: Good day to all of you :)

He really did?

GW2 is the worst MMO together with SWTOR, as it forces you into spending real cash to use basic features like bank or char slots, bag space or pvp. You even need to buy keys to open chest´s, its just horrible.

But I guess if Joe gets all the diamonds from fanboys then he never noticed that flaw, oh well....
  • Moyana
    Moyana
    ✭✭
    Regarding point 2. I wouldn't call changing the pvp quest from repeatable to daily is a knee jerk reaction. You could effectively hit max level in a day or two by doing that quest over and over and over and over.
  • neocomab16_ESO
    neocomab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Guys this is a new mmo, give it a couple of years..... ESO is not comparable with WoW, because WoW has been refined for over 10 years...
    When will people learn that this doesnt work at all.

Guys, this is a brand new car, give it a couple of years, they will sort things out for sure!

Yeah, that's how the whole economy works these days. People creating stuff and hoping for the customers faith in the product.
  • Saihung423
    Saihung423
    ✭✭✭
    I own a dealership, hired people to sell cars. This isn't a car.

• Saihung423
    Saihung423
    ✭✭✭
    1. They nerfed dungeon exp because some people used it to level too fast. So now we're left with group dungeons that give almost no exp whatsoever after the first quest. Supposedly you can grind them in VR dungeons, but I have yet to do those.

2. The PvP quest of kill 20 is now nerfed to be daily for whatever garbage reason they gave.

3. They gutted the API rather than fix it themselves because it gave other players an "unfair" advantage rather than trying to level it themselves.

4. They nerfed boss drops because that was their "best" solution to boss farming when it really isn't since bots still sit there 24/7 because they are an automated program.

I would consider all of these responses by the developers are knee jerk ones that took no thought in how it would actually affect the rest of the player base and the game as a whole. I would say personally that these are just the ones that I can think of off the top of my head as bad knee jerk reactions.

Fair enough, and thanks for responding, rather than trying to devalue your opinion I was looking for understanding. I'd have to consider it before giving my personal opinion, but this is definitely food for thought. :)
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, but can we get ANY other color besides dull grey and friggen brown? IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK!?

There's green too ;)

"I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw blue once
    I lyke not this quill.
  • fiftypercentgrey
    fiftypercentgrey
    ✭✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »
    [...]
    GW2 is the worst MMO together with SWTOR, as it forces you into spending real cash to use basic features like bank or char slots, bag space or pvp. You even need to buy keys to open chest´s, its just horrible.
    [...]

Thats not true for GW2. You can buy bankspace and such for those jewels which you can buy for real money. You can buy them for IG-money, too.

You dont need to buy kees to open all chests either. Sometimes you get special chests and need special keys, yes. You can buy those, again, for jewels. In those chests usually is nothing but fun stuff or short-time boosts (like +10% exp gain für an hour). They ARE indeed an incentive to be interested in the keys und thus in the jewels. You can loot keys, too, but they are rarer than the chests.

All in all you really dont have to real-money-buy anything in GW2. I spent less real money there than I did here with the first subscription.

No, Im not a GW2 fanboy. I dont play it any more (got bored).

For SWTOR: as far as I know you need to pay a monthly subscription or you can play and it is much more inconvenient. If you pay the monthly subscription you get some kind of monthly IG-cash which can be used for buying slots. That type of cash can be bought for real money, too. It is much harder to play SWTOR without the subscription (=real money) than to play GW2 without any real money.

It is impossible to play ESO without the subscription (=real money).

Edited by fiftypercentgrey on April 25, 2014 8:41PM
    ἀπόκρυφος
  • berscht.ur.bubblenub18_ESO
    I agree with all of his points except for the "Free to play". I REALLY don't want it to become a "Free to play" game. With past experiences ALL other games make a cash that you can buy IRL and that stuff will make you more OP than a guy that's spent 40+ hours on a game. I extremely dislike the fact that you HAVE to sign up a credit card. 15 dollars a month probably isn't the price I want to pay while the game is "Still in beta" haha. I think the price should be waaaaay less.

At first I thought the game was okay but Joe's video made me realize that it was a total bust. I was in the beta and it feels like the beta was less buggy than the release (More major bugs in full release I find). The world is somewhat boring, it's really just like any other MMO where there's 1-3 enemies in a cave spaced out and you just trot along clearing them out (Until the annoying respawn). I thought the graphics are pretty good although I don't have the machine to run them.

Joe made the point of the game being "Boring". That's something I can agree with. You do start in the zones and you can't really go father into the zone or you'll get murdered. That takes away the fact that this is an "Elder scrolls game". Quests I thought were decent until Joe showed actually how boring they were. I guess I always have really low expectations these days for games just because they're normally boring or so. I was happy to find out that there weren't any grinding quests that you had to do (i.e kill 50 mudcrabs). The quests "epic battles" were exremeley dumb. As Joe said the guard people just standing there and say "Greetings" while you're off killing the things that they're supposed to kill. They repeatedly just stand there taking turns hitting each other. Once a guard dies a fresh one just spawns in right before your eyes, literally. Advertised battles in commercials I have NEVER witnessed in an actual game.

One of the main reasons why I bought this game is so I could find really good loot and be a really happy person when I did. But sadly there's always just 1 gold lying on a corpse. I have NEVER found any "Blues" while PvEing even when I was level 18.

The bugs in this game are REALLY frustrating. I HATED spawning in the sky as shown in Joe's video. I've had that happen 4 times and I think it was fixed as explained in the patch notes. The loading screens take FOREVER. The server had to come down for maintenance because people were disconnecting and couldn't log-in, including me. Most of these bugs aren't even funny. I haven't found one that made me laugh so hard as Joe did while he spawned in the sky and got "slaughtered" by slaughter fish.

I've been with the elder scrolls series from Oblivion, which got me into gaming. I have played Daggerfall and Arena and I've seen Morrowind be played by friends. I think Joe's reviews pretty much sum up the game and I don't recommend someone buying this game, at least until all the bugs are worked out and has less "boring" and more exciting content.
  • Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    I like Joe and agreed with some things and not so much on others. However my play style isn't like his so ESO suits me to a T

I also respect him for they way he did the Tube Vid as apposed to the really large guy that I have zero tolerance for now after his ESO fairwell
  • Aellikor
    Aellikor
    ✭✭
    Wow, this thread. Really? THIS is what forum'ers keep coming back to.

Can an opinion cause so much drama? No one'll give two sniffs about mine and I like ESO.

Wouldn't be offended if ZOS just locked this one... stop giving this person unwarranted attention.

Ya know I heard one or maybe several, hmm actually, ALOT that anger leads to the dark side, and angry reviews... well apparently that leads to an everlasting front page of the forums.

I'ma just contributing, yep.
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking the attraction this thread has is that it takes all the issues on peoples minds and wraps them up into one single "angry" package.
    "I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Angry joe never liked the idea of the pay model, so he is going to nit pick everything he can, I laughed when he called the game a money grab, wanna see a real money grab game go over to SWTOR,, I find angry joy more annoying joe than anything and not really worth my time../shrug
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »
    [...]
    [...]

Thats not true for GW2. You can buy bankspace and such for those jewels which you can buy for real money. You can buy them for IG-money, too.

You dont need to buy kees to open all chests either. Sometimes you get special chests and need special keys, yes. You can buy those, again, for jewels. In those chests usually is nothing but fun stuff or short-time boosts (like +10% exp gain für an hour). They ARE indeed an incentive to be interested in the keys und thus in the jewels. You can loot keys, too, but they are rarer than the chests.

All in all you really dont have to real-money-buy anything in GW2. I spent less real money there than I did here with the first subscription.

No, Im not a GW2 fanboy. I dont play it any more (got bored).

For SWTOR: as far as I know you need to pay a monthly subscription or you can play and it is much more inconvenient. If you pay the monthly subscription you get some kind of monthly IG-cash which can be used for buying slots. That type of cash can be bought for real money, too. It is much harder to play SWTOR without the subscription (=real money) than to play GW2 without any real money.

It is impossible to play ESO without the subscription (=real money).

Right, it were jewels and not diamonds :D

But it takes a long time to acquire those if you don't play a lot or get them from friends. That was my point, if Joe would had to played GW2 like a Casual without support from anyone, he would had noticed that GW2 is a huge grind until you have some of the at least for me important features unlocked.

You are right that you don't had to spend money, but I felt that not spending money left me in a huge disadvantage there.

Same I felt with SWTOR. Again you were right about the ingame currency that you got for a subscription, but if you refused to pay the sub you couldn't play the game at the same level as someone who paid.

The free to play features are very slim, sprinting isn't even in the game or action bars - how is someone supposed to play without that? :)

In general are F2P games not really free. Unless you grind for many months to unlock stuff (if you can unlock it) or pay a special sub, you are left behind. I never liked F2P games to begin with, but the recent F2P approaches really proved my suspicious view about that type of game.
  • fredarbonab14_ESO
    fredarbonab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The legend of Angry Joe continues. 22 pages and this nonsensical thread hasn't been closed, thisa guy must be 'important'.
  • RaZaddha
    RaZaddha
    ✭✭✭
    5e8.jpg
    guise, plis, stahp. This has been going for too long, just...
    let-it-go.jpg
  • kasain
    kasain
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, hs review could not be that far off Just in the last 24 hours Gamespot and MMOrpg.com gave the game a 6.0 and a 5/10.

And his review was the longest and actually showed flaws. People can't knock hm for not rating the dark brotherhood, honor code or whatever as it was not out yet. Based on how long the thread has gone and about 50% or more people on this thread back him up either completely or somewhat, shows he did a good job.

I still think he overall gave the best review instead of all these three to six minute ones where people would say their thoughts but not back it up with video, or explain things in detail like he did.

ESO perhaps should let AJ rereview this game over all other developers in six to twelve months as his review seems to be the one most people watched, read, or talk about!

• cliveklgb14_ESO
    cliveklgb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    kasain wrote: »

As for AJ, he gave it a great review in beta, and Skyrim V. His review regardless if you like it or not was really one of most n depth reviews to date. HE not only wrote an article, but he backed up, good or bad his claims in videos people could see.

No he didn't. One example of the many blatant dishonest arguments he made. The horse being terrible. Completely ignoring it is a huge step up no matter what, that that much gold isnt' hard to earn, ignoring you can even improve the horse through feeding.

But no he ignores all that to make that comment that the first horse you buy is terrible from through and through.

If that isn't distorted and dishonest, I don't know what is. That is the Fox News of reviews.

His reviews are for attention grabbing only. That is how he makes his money, wild horrible claims, of this "angry joe" persona that everyone can watch and laugh at. His shtick is how he makes his money. And his shtick isn't giving real reviews, it is giving "angry joe" persona reviews.

They are hardly accurate or real reviews.

Did he touch on some actual issues? Sure. Did he exaggerate, distort, and dishonestly portray other things. Absolutely. It is what he does.

• LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    He's an idiot. A funny idiot.. but not anyone special to value over one's own ability to form a complete thought that doesn't end in comical yelling or visual effect comedy. He's a comedian not an intellectual on gaming value lol.

It's like saying TOSH.0 gave ESO xxxx score... it's about as valuable... but less famous, and less funny.
    VR2 Ataxia - [NA] Veteran Dominion Sorcerer [Auriel's Bow]
    PvP, PvE, Crafting, and General Shenanigans
    >:) Sorcery and Mayhem online since 1999 >:)
    Current PvP Class/Supernatural Census
  • cliveklgb14_ESO
    cliveklgb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, hs review could not be that far off Just in the last 24 hours Gamespot and MMOrpg.com gave the game a 6.0 and a 5/10.

Yes because cherry picking 2 reviews that fit the result you want is oh so non-partisan.

How about you try Metacritic, which grabs reviews from many different places, rather than just picking the ones you want.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-elder-scrolls-online

Oh hey a 74/100 Not stellar, but not the biased version you are purporting either. Pretty fair for a game with bugs to start out with and barely 3 weeks in.
  • kasain
    kasain
    ✭✭✭

As for AJ, he gave it a great review in beta, and Skyrim V. His review regardless if you like it or not was really one of most n depth reviews to date. HE not only wrote an article, but he backed up, good or bad his claims in videos people could see.

No he didn't. One example of the many blatant dishonest arguments he made. The horse being terrible. Completely ignoring it is a huge step up no matter what, that that much gold isnt' hard to earn, ignoring you can even improve the horse through feeding.

But no he ignores all that to make that comment that the first horse you buy is terrible from through and through.

If that isn't distorted and dishonest, I don't know what is. That is the Fox News of reviews.

His reviews are for attention grabbing only. That is how he makes his money, wild horrible claims, of this "angry joe" persona that everyone can watch and laugh at. His shtick is how he makes his money. And his shtick isn't giving real reviews, it is giving "angry joe" persona reviews.

They are hardly accurate or real reviews.

Did he touch on some actual issues? Sure. Did he exaggerate, distort, and dishonestly portray other things. Absolutely. It is what he does.

Read members post about 1/2 agreed 80-100% or up to 50% 20% disagreed with him but thought he had a few ok points. Then theirs 30% like you who think he is out right wrong. That is ok.

Look at ALL other game reviews. Most are not even worth mentioning or talking about more then one to three pages. His review has got over 20 pages. So he did something super right or wrong and has influence in his review.

I am not a major AJ supporter. His horse thing may been out of place. Just glad he didn't get into the repair bills, bag upgrades, or bank upgrades.

• Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, he might have done something for that 20 pages of comments or it might just be cause people always comment no matter what. I bet if another famous YT person, like pewdiepie, posted just a word like "tree" or "barrels", people would also comment over 20 pages.
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn