Bolt Escape is overpowered

Valn
Valn
✭✭✭✭✭
Not much of an "escape" ability when players flit across the screen and knock you off your horse when you're trying to get away from them. And people holding the scroll can use bolt escape to take it back to base quicker (someone without bolt escape will take longer), and is unfair on those people who are trying to chase them down.

It needs a higher mana cost or something
  • Jim_McMasterub17_ESO
    Shouldn't this be in the developers thread?

THIS is CS forums, where people complain about ACTUAL problems in the game unrelated to PvP balance.
    Options
  • Daverios
    Daverios
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes and while you are in there please remove the nightblade abilty to sneak faster and be detected less, other players cant do that.

While we are at it I hear templars are able to heal without using a resto staff or having to weapon swap this is obviously OP as other players cannot do this.

Please fix these obvious issues.

/sarcasm
    Options
  • elxdark
    elxdark
    Daverios wrote: »
    Yes and while you are in there please remove the nightblade abilty to sneak faster and be detected less, other players cant do that.

While we are at it I hear templars are able to heal without using a resto staff or having to weapon swap this is obviously OP as other players cannot do this.

/sarcasm

Even my grandma would say Bolt Escape is beyond OP.

Stop staying blind, oh wait you're a sorcerer...

Options
  • steven_shidiwenb16_ESO
    LOLLLLL
    Options
  • skeletorz_ESO
    skeletorz_ESO
    ✭✭✭

/sarcasm

That's not a Nightblade ability, that's a Vampire ability, which of course, comes with it's price.
    “If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.” -- René Descartes
    Options
  • Aldarund
    Aldarund
    ✭✭
    Its op at what? At killing someone or what?
    Options
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bolt Escape is fine.
    Stop whining. Get some awareness, learn to pvp.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
    Options
  • Bunk
    Bunk
    ✭✭✭
    Xael wrote: »
    Bolt Escape is fine.
    Yeah, learn to counter the uncounterable teleport that takes you across the map faster than a horse.
    idiot
    Options
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that is because there is a morph that changes it from an escape into an offensive charge...
    http://esohead.com/skills/23236-streak
    I think the mana cost is fine how it is. The reason people can spam it is because they spec into max mana/mana regen/cost reduction.
    Options
  • Bwaite43
    Bwaite43
    ✭✭
    Bunk wrote: »
    Bolt Escape is fine.
    Yeah, learn to counter the uncounterable teleport that takes you across the map faster than a horse.

Not True.
    youtu.be/Lrz4xExzNRY
    Edited by Bwaite43 on April 21, 2014 4:11PM
    Options
  • Bunk
    Bunk
    ✭✭✭
    Bwaite43 wrote: »
    Bolt Escape is fine.

Not True.
    youtu.be/Lrz4xExzNRY
    Oh, so all you need to do is be already mounted, thirty feet away, and have somebody use Rapid Maneuver on you. Neato.
    idiot
    Options
  • Neferath
    Neferath
    ✭✭✭

/sarcasm

+1
    Options
  • albinokitten
    albinokitten
    ✭✭✭
    Please remove all Dragon knights.

>.>

Just kidding... or am I.

And ouch, that shield bash to the face. I just got my soul back and I think it might have been bashed out.

Options
  • Hodorius
    Hodorius
    ✭✭✭
    Bolt Escape is fine.

Not True.
    youtu.be/Lrz4xExzNRY

And again...
    You MUST NOT use an exploit for argumenting!

This guy´s horse has infinitiv stamina! ( all horses have btw )
    They bugged it after the beta while they fixed the horse animations...

This bug is known for over a month now...
    Just because "everyone" has an advantage noone complains about it but it is still a bug.

The best thing is... you could "use your brain" and get that horses have stamina which is not used in that moment... seems legit?
    Edited by Hodorius on April 21, 2014 4:38PM
    Options
  • Bromiscuous
    Mad cus bad.
    Options
  • Bwaite43
    Bwaite43
    ✭✭
    what horse bug... are you talking about the jogging after you run out of stamina.. that's by design.

What's wrong with keeping a few people back to counter the Sorc, if your first group fails at defending the scroll..
    Options
  • Hodorius
    Hodorius
    ✭✭✭
    No not the jogging...
    That bug that let´s your horse sprint "for ever" even if you run out of stamina.
    Just google "teso horse sprint"... the first reddit thread you find will have people mocking about it... it has been startet one onth ago.
    Edited by Hodorius on April 21, 2014 4:49PM
    Options
  • Bwaite43
    Bwaite43
    ✭✭
    A level 50 "speed" horse fed with apples will beat a sorc.
    Options
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats not a common thing on the field, Its more like a rare thing truthfully. However bolt escape is a common use. I dont think bolt escape is overpowered, but i do think it grants many players a speed that can only be matched by a well groomed and built horse.

Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

Options
  • iaintoff
    iaintoff
    ✭✭✭
    This sounds like another melee cry baby thread. Oh look why can't they just stand there and let me kill them thread.

Kinda like when a melee player calls a ranged dps coward for not standing toe to toe rofl
    Edited by iaintoff on April 21, 2014 5:02PM
    Options
  • Bwaite43
    Bwaite43
    ✭✭

Thats not a common thing on the field, Its more like a rare thing truthfully. However bolt escape is a common use. I dont think bolt escape is overpowered, but i do think it grants many players a speed that can only be matched by a well groomed and built horse.

Not right now. But give the game a few months and everyone will have 40-50 speed horses. Then BE will be a distance thing of the past.

edit: Horse are OP
    Edited by Bwaite43 on April 21, 2014 5:04PM
    Options
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neferath wrote: »

/sarcasm

+1

Options
  • Neferath
    Neferath
    ✭✭✭

Seriously ... is this really an attempt to tell us that a valid skill should be nerved because of ppl who are to lazy or to greedy to feed and level up their horses and therefor can't compete with the sorc teleport spell speed?

Just as a reminder at this point. Bolt escape requires you to level stormcalling up to 42 in order to use it. If ppl are willing to do this in order to have this skill, other classes should also be willing to level up their horse in order to get the same speed.

Honestly you must be kidding ...

Options
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost solo'd someone my level but they bolt escape about 5 times and disappeared. overpowered. fact.
    Options
  • Semel
    Semel
    ✭✭
    Let me break it down for ya lot crying nerf nerf.

Cost reduction:

- 7 pieces of light armor:21%
    - sorcerer's passive: 5%
    - seducre's set: 3%

Total cost reduction: 29%.

Mostly with the loss of having a good armor rating. When you have all 7 pieces equipped your armor rating is crap.

At vr4 sorcerer with ~ 30% cost reduction uses ALL magicka to cast 7 bolt escapes one by one.

After EVERY cast magicka REGENERATION COMPLETELY STOPS for 5 seconds.
    Options
  • Jarnhand
    Jarnhand
    ✭✭✭
    All these get-out-of-combat-if-I-can-not-kill-my-enemy type of skills, need to be so costly they can only be used max 2 times on a full bar, being stamina or magica.
    Like it is now Cyrodiil, its turning into a clownbin of vamps and sorcs spam-warping all over the place
    Options
  • Nyxx
    Nyxx
    ✭✭✭
    Hodorius wrote: »
    No not the jogging...
    That bug that let´s your horse sprint "for ever" even if you run out of stamina.
    Just google "teso horse sprint"... the first reddit thread you find will have people mocking about it... it has been startet one onth ago.

@Hordorius

That isn't a bug. It's not an exploit. That's part of the design. Stamina is used when you level up a horses stamina by feeding it...you're able to repeatedly click shift for a speed boost rather than getting a steady sprint by holding it down. They already stated that it is working as intended.

As for this ridiculous thread....Bolt Escape is fine. Quit crying.

The Psijic Order
    Options
  • Kaskako
    Kaskako
    ✭✭
    The way bolt escape works is just stupid. There really is no way people can defend against this fact. Either increase the cost with each use or something, its ridiculous that after using it infinitely sorcerers are still able to fight normally like nothing happened, while those that attempt to chase them end up out of stamina, magicka or both.
    Options
  • Necronomicon
    Necronomicon
    ✭✭✭
    The spell clearly gives this class way to much mobility over the others, how its able to be spammed 10+ times, clearly needs a nerf, anyone saying not plays a sorcerer.
    Options
  • NukaCola
    NukaCola
    ✭✭✭
    If you are spamming escape then your not killing anyone. Sorcerer should have more mobility over the others. Otherwise how can you defend yourself against a melee when you can't cc him? Just because you can't get a free kill on someone who is running away doesn't mean they should nerf anything.
    Options