Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Laughable Patchnotes

• Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    You say that low level quests should be about learning, well Doshia is not difficult if you use the skills you should be learning as you progress.This fight should be about teaching you to use the games mechanics, not about face rolling her.

Perhaps if your friendly Redguard fighters guild guy would shout out to you helpful advice like " Smash the orbs!" or something similar players would not have as much trouble with it. I understand not everybody is used to as active a play style as is required sometimes, but I really don't think a nerf is in order here, but perhaps a bit of tutorial is.

Agree with this completely. The fight is all about learning to use interrupts and such in a real-time boss fight. Something you're going to need to do quite often in later dungeons (starting at level 12). This quest was one of the very few that actually required you to interrupt and treated it like an actual boss battle.. and the quest was optional! If you found it too hard, or frustrating.. you could freely leave and come back to it again later.

If you save all the "hard" stuff, and all the learning for level 50, then what you end up with is a very steep learning curve. You'll end up with a bunch of people complaining that the dungeons are too hard, and that none of the previous stuff leading up to the dungeons taught them how to deal with mechanics (I saw a lot of that complaining in FFXIV). There has to be some sort of meet in the center where there's a "roadblock" to overcome through learning to use game mechanics to your advantage, versus all things being easy enough to completely disregard said mechanics until you get into a group situation. Doshia was great for this.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am not a fan of the "Go to WoW" comments, but the fight was challenging, and they changed it to be not as challenging. AKA easier.

What is done is done, we cannot change it back. But it is the pattern of changes that concern me. Sure you make adjustments to the PvE side of the house, no big deal, right? But when just knowing the basic combat techniques is all it takes to take on mobs 5+ levels than you (which I had to do when I hit 15 and finding myself in the middle of a level 20 area) is knowing when to block, when to interrupt and when to run.

Denying new players the harsh lesson of this will hurt them in the long run when they cannot figure out why they are being chain stunned in PvP because they are doing power attacks everytime and their opponent is blocking it.
  • Terroni
    Terroni
    I'd just like to note this fight is different on every faction due to the space you are allotted to deal with her. On Daggerfall she is in a small room and if you try to pull her out she resets.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was told she was harder on Pact. That is why the video was made with the Pact.

I have killed her on Live with all 3 factions, and she was not that difficult, challenging because you had to move to kill the orbs, but not difficult.

• Leeta
    Leeta
    ✭✭✭
    Wow yea this is stupid. I struggled A LOT with her and died more than 20 times and i cursed and got pissed and my bf wondered wtf i was doing (he dont play videogames). I had to rearrange some stuff and choose my spells carefully and i finally got her down and that feeling is awesome!! Im Daggerfall and ive heard that is the hardest one due to the small room. If they gonna nerf all fights like this one cause there are players that complain because they die a few times this game will go downhill quickly...
    Edited by Leeta on April 15, 2014 11:36AM
  • Jenasy
    Jenasy
    ✭✭✭
    As a healer i did find it hard to kill healer balls b4 they hit her. I didnt have much points in to dmg yet, So ill admit i had to wait till a couple lvls. I bet it would be a easier ranged dps boss though :).. not sure if she needed to be nerfed but i wont complain... Some ppl just complain to complain in these forums i see LOL
  • Zorak
    Zorak
    ✭✭✭
    Chirru wrote: »
    Sorry OP...
    most of us are not as skilled players as you are.

Personally...i am more the casual office type player and
    there are definitely limits to what i can cope with.

That's not a good reason to nerf the game.

Know your limits and learn to deal with them, don't just ask for a nerf.

• Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of her abilities traps you, then she heals herself with orbs. I was fine with my aoe nuking, but I think this boss was a little too difficult.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Dayel
    Dayel
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy fun and knew about the globes but as someone mentioned when you can not move that knowledge is pretty useless. I waited till Level 16 went back and killed her without further ado or messing about.
    Edited by Dayel on April 15, 2014 11:49AM
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No point in fussing about it. Got nerfed, and it was a good call. Glad we gave feedback on it, and glad to help balance the game for people.

You can call people not being brain dead, you can act like you are all that. It does not matter, it got changed because it was needed.

The fact people getting so upset that it made it easier for people who had trouble is the most childish thing ever. Telling people to get good, is also childish. I'm sure there will be content out there for you to be "pro" at.

Edited by rager82b14_ESO on April 15, 2014 11:56AM
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »
    A lot of the 'bosses' have been nerfed since beta. Whiney kids whine, awesome game starts to die. next: nameplates, minimap and global AH
    Yes please to all.

You're another one who doesn't seems to see the difference between 'challenging' and 'over-tuned to the point of impossibility' as the fdirst reply to the OP pointed out.

• mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    A lot of the 'bosses' have been nerfed since beta. Whiney kids whine, awesome game starts to die. next: nameplates, minimap and global AH
    Yes please to all.

You're another one who doesn't seems to see the difference between 'challenging' and 'over-tuned to the point of impossibility' as the fdirst reply to the OP pointed out.

You seem to be one that confuses not being good at anything with the game being complicated. Overtuned... god this game is gonna turn into another dumb wowclone thanks to people like you.Enjoy
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You seem to be one that confuses not being good at anything with the game being complicated. Overtuned... god this game is gonna turn into another dumb wowclone thanks to people like you.Enjoy

Childish remark considering wow has tough content for players who wish to do it. People are really blind when it comes to simple things.

Point is, it was a cheese boss, some people or builds had trouble with it. It is a boss that does not matter in the overall view of things.

I do hope they keep on fine tuning the game. This game will keep getting better because they go back and do things like this.
    Edited by rager82b14_ESO on April 15, 2014 11:58AM
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy fun and knew about the globes but as someone mentioned when you can not move that knowledge is pretty useless. I waited till Level 16 went back and killed her without further ado or messing about.

You can break away from that using your CC break. L2P
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zargorius wrote: »

If they keep nerfing stuff, and i'm sure they will. Can you promise me you will leave the game?

• mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zargorius wrote: »

Waste of breath. Wowification has already started and it's obvious where the devs are going to bring the game. Shame
  • 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Chirru wrote: »
    To Loxy37

Friend...you are sooo cheerful.
    Have some faith.

however... i do like the slider idea... if it were possible in an MMO...sigh

Yes a few MMO's have difficulty settings.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Waste of breath. Wowification has already started and it's obvious where the devs are going to bring the game. Shame

You also, both of you are just being silly. Wowification over a nerfed level 8 mob. Upset that people having trouble with it. Claim that people must l2p.

Prime example of what mmo community has turned out to be.

You see, back in the old days. we did not judge people who could not do things like this. We helped them, we understood that player skill comes at all forms, and not every one is quick with the buttons, but still wants to enjoy the mmo and community.

Now, it is L2p OMG making the game easier for others.

Sad excuse for gamers.
    Edited by rager82b14_ESO on April 15, 2014 12:06PM
  • jeremylthb14_ESO
    From my perspective (I killed her first try at level 9 or 10 DK, but guildmates struggled), the relative difficulty of her versus the rest of the content leading up to her was a bit high for that level. I don't know the full extent of the changes (don't think anyone does and we're all just assuming), but just reducing the number of healing balls per wave (and maybe removing one of the AEs) would put this more in line with the quest's level. That would smooth the learning curve out a bit, rather than making it as steep as it was going into this fight.
  • Carde
    Carde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Childish remark considering wow has tough content for players who wish to do it. People are really blind when it comes to simple things.

Point is, it was a cheese boss, some people or builds had trouble with it. It is a boss that does not matter in the overall view of things.

I do hope they keep on fine tuning the game. This game will keep getting better because they go back and do things like this.

Doshia is not a real boss. She was a Daedric Harvester which is a normal enemy in the game later on, found in many places. If you can't handle Doshia then you are seriously screwed later.
    Member of the Psijic Order PTS Group
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭

You also, both of you are just being silly. Wowification over a nerfed level 8 mob. Upset that people having trouble with it. Claim that people must l2p.

You see, back in the old days. we did not judge people who could not do things like this. We helped them, we understood that player skill comes at all forms, and not every one is quick with the buttons, but still wants to enjoy the mmo and community.

Sad excuse for gamers.
    In the old days the games were much harder, you argument has no validity. I still remember times where saves did not exist, do you?
    Truth is, everything is easy today in order to hit the largest audience possible. This has bred a generation of gamers that gets fits the first time they die and throws their toys out of the pram.
    I'm not asking for Rogue-like model but at least some challenge is refreshing. Fortunately there is Cyrodiil.
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carde wrote: »

Doshia is not a real boss. She was a Daedric Harvester which is a normal enemy in the game later on, found in many places. If you can't handle Doshia then you are seriously screwed later.

They will have more skills and more levels by that time. The skill gap went from easy to hard for players and that was the problem tougher content should roll in slowly not jump like it did.Reason I gave the feedback telling it should get toned down some.

Edited by rager82b14_ESO on April 15, 2014 12:14PM
  • 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Rosebloome wrote: »
    Rosebloome wrote: »
    Whhaaaaaatttttt.

They nerfed doshia, and doshia was hard? O.o I never noticed. Wasn't that that fighter guild boss?

Yup. Gutripper is already little more than a normal clannfear, you can solo Balreth and kill him in more or less 30 seconds (no exaggeration, it doesn't even reach the lava once... SOLO). Mediocrity always wins, even when it's some sort of optional content, the LCD will always win (and no, I don't mean the drug unfortunately)

Next stop: Auction House and a minimap

When you figure out killing the floating balls that heal you up shouldn't have any trouble at all. O.o

Had more trouble with the portal at the start of the Gutripper quest, where the scamps and daedra continiously spawn on top of each other.

Ohhh well.

I noticed they changed that. They used to give you a break between spawns on the portal part but not now. Gutripper used to be a lot harder.

Yes with some bosses I died a lot until I realized the mechanics but those were challenging and death is no big deal, it's not like you lost xp or your armor totally broke. And with quest like those you could also come back later at a higher level and kill 'em. Xp does scale.
    Edited by 7788b14_ESO on April 15, 2014 12:15PM
  • UnknownXV
    UnknownXV
    ✭✭✭
    Lowest common denominator strikes again, ruining any sense of fun for those with a modicum of intelligence. I've no doubt that you could literally, and I do mean literally, train a monkey to kill Doshia before the nerf.

Come on. Why are you toning down this game already? Leveling up is extraordinarily fast, gear is abundant to such an extent it's almost laughable, even legendaries are fairly easy to acquire. Crafting is designed to be coordinated and shared to level, preventing people from putting in effort alone to outshine others. Guarantees if one person is maxed, another one is too. Sigh.

I miss the days when maxing out a character took years and a lot of skill. The days when roaming the while meant you could be attacked and killed by a myriad of dangers including other players, and have everything on you stolen. Where traps would 1-2 hit you (instead of 10 hits in ESO). This game is so easy relative to actual hardcore MMOs of the past it makes me depressed beyond measure that somehow, it's already being toned down. How is it even possible to water down water?

My god, what have MMORPGs turned into? There is no challenge, no thrill, no effort, no time investment, no ability to become outstanding because the game feeds you levels, gear and quests on a golden plate without the slightest hint of resistance, which means everyone is the same. Everyone is special, so no one is.
  • Leeta
    Leeta
    ✭✭✭
    There is a huge satisfaction in beating down a mob like this when you have struggled over and over and died multiple times but kids now just want to run, kill it and move on. Its pathetic really, this wasnt a 'impossible' mob as some say and ruined the game for some, it was a mob where yes, you did need some skills and understanding what it does and what your spells does. But some people dont even want to try. like the person who said in this thread is a casual player and dont want to waste time on hard things like this..
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sad excuse for gamers.

Look, I dunno if you are having troubles understanding what we are saying or you are just playing dumb to troll this thread:

THIS ISN'T ABOUT PLAYER SKILL OR EPEEN

This is about a mob that was put there to test intelligence and reactions from players. It had a simple mechanic that once understood would resolve the fight in seconds. BUT lazy or not so bright people couldn't do it (let's not delve in the concept of "Not all content is for everyone" eh?) so they cried till they made the battle pointless. This is a trend in modern MMOs: appealing to the lowest of lowest. Another dangerous trend is listening to feedback from vocal trolls.

What has this brought till now?

- starting experience butchered
    - all-round nerfing of what passed for 'slightly harder content'
    - welfare epics mentality:I have the right to do everything even if I am not good at it
    - pretty soon probably AH, followed by all the other stuff wowkiddies are asking for

If you can only insult people who are angry with this change, please start your own thread where you gloat together with the other "not so good" players for another game turned into a brainless wowclone
  • mips_winnt
    mips_winnt
    ✭✭✭
    Lol seriously? Never had trouble in the beta with her or release, how hard is it to kill the orbs before they touch her.

Obviously there were a lot of folks struggling with that particular encounter, personally I didn't find that "boss" particularly challenging but then again I've been around MMO's for a while. There's nothing wrong with making things a tad easier for newer players on an encounter like this (especially an early in the character development process) since it doesn't make any sense to have a new player tied up on a particular quest for an excessive amount of time. They'll learn how to discern boss mechanics over time hopefully without having to get so frustrated that it ruins their enjoyment of the game.

• Carde
    Carde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Carde wrote: »

They will have more skills and more levels by that time. The skill gap went from easy to hard for players and that was the problem tougher content should roll in slowly not jump like it did.Reason I gave the feedback telling it should get toned down some.

They're still going to stun you and summon orbs.

Those orbs will fully heal them if you lack the reflexes or the situational awareness to spin in 4 directions and one shot them all before they reach the Harvester.

None of these "difficult" mechanics are changing.
    Member of the Psijic Order PTS Group
  • Vyshan
    Vyshan
    ✭✭✭

How would any of those three things equate to a game dying?
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vyshan wrote: »

How would any of those three things equate to a game dying?

Do you know of any post wow game that has added those things (or anything that wowkiddies DEMANDED) and has not gone F2P? No? Thought so...