Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Laughable Patchnotes

YuccaPalm
YuccaPalm
✭✭✭
,,Anchors from the Harbour: Doshia has had her powers reduced.''

Uber casual game incoming.
  • SgtPepperUK
    SgtPepperUK
    ✭✭✭
    Because a quest where most people waited until they were several levels over the supposed quest level being made easier is a nerf?

Nobody minds a true challenge but there are times when the difficulty spikes up beyond what it should for the stated quest level.
    Edited by SgtPepperUK on April 15, 2014 9:35AM
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of the 'bosses' have been nerfed since beta. Whiney kids whine, awesome game starts to die. next: nameplates, minimap and global AH
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry OP...
    most of us are not as skilled players as you are.

Personally...i am more the casual office type player and
    there are definitely limits to what i can cope with.
  • Dimachaerus
    Hmm, I'm in daggerfall covenant, and I don't remember Doshia at all.
    Is Doshia in another faction? Or maybe I was just lucky that people came and killed her the same time as me, I don't know.

With all this story in ESO, it all kinda blurs together lol.
    Edited by Dimachaerus on April 15, 2014 8:50AM
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    If people think doshia was hard, they are in for a shock. I died about 5 times in beta to her but it encouraged me to try harder! Until I can beat her in my sleep, it was refreshing to be challenged in an MMO or RPG for that matter as all have become terribly easy to the point that there's no chsllenge anymore. Skyrim even on legendary was a cakewalk but at least in a single player they can add sliders for people who find it a challenge but as my son did, people just crank it right down if they die once! This won't be the end of the nerfs and by the end we will have WoW 2.0!
    Edited by Loxy37 on April 15, 2014 8:52AM
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I'm in daggerfall covenant, and I don't remember Doshia at all.
    Is Doshia in another faction? Or maybe I was just lucky that people came and killed her the same time as me, I don't know.

With all this story in ESO, it all kinda blurs together lol.

Fighters Guild quest
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    To Loxy37

Friend...you are sooo cheerful.
    Have some faith.

however... i do like the slider idea... if it were possible in an MMO...sigh
  • Dimachaerus
    The VR zones are challenging, at least if you do them as I do VR1 in VR1 zone, and currently VR2 in VR2 zone, I hope that isn't nerfed.

Maybe it's just my crap build that makes it hard lol

But if someone want it easier they could lvl a bit in Cyrodiil before heading to the VR zones.
  • Rosebloome
    Rosebloome
    ✭✭
    Whhaaaaaatttttt.

They nerfed doshia, and doshia was hard? O.o I never noticed. Wasn't that that fighter guild boss?
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    In fairness, some builds are stronger than others, especially starting out as Doshia is a low level quest it can be overwhelming for some players who are still figuring out where to place skills, etc. Doshia mechanics are used later in the game too and much more difficult but by that time you have skill points in areas you want and a slightly better build, by that point players can focus on it. I personally had no problem with Doshia on my Templar but she wiped the floor with my Nightblade.
    "Neither a 'Borrower nor a Lender' be."
    Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
    Please check out Enchanting Alchemy - A Progression Guild
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosebloome wrote: »
    Whhaaaaaatttttt.

They nerfed doshia, and doshia was hard? O.o I never noticed. Wasn't that that fighter guild boss?

Yup. Gutripper is already little more than a normal clannfear, you can solo Balreth and kill him in more or less 30 seconds (no exaggeration, it doesn't even reach the lava once... SOLO). Mediocrity always wins, even when it's some sort of optional content, the LCD will always win (and no, I don't mean the drug unfortunately)

Next stop: Auction House and a minimap
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turial wrote: »
    In fairness, some builds are stronger than others, especially starting out as Doshia is a low level quest it can be overwhelming for some players who are still figuring out where to place skills, etc. Doshia mechanics are used later in the game too and much more difficult but by that time you have skill points in areas you want and a slightly better build, by that point players can focus on it. I personally had no problem with Doshia on my Templar but she wiped the floor with my Nightblade.

I'm not really sure it had a whole lot to do with builds. I literally had no damage skills when I did her, a few heal over time skills and a lot in crafting. I still beat her with a resto staff. A lot of people just wanted to ignore her mechanics.. they're too use to the spam buttons to kill things, and heal through the things that normally should be dodged/interrupted type stuff.

I am sad this fight got nerfed.. it was one of the early fights that basically taught you to watch for mechanics, and that interrupting is important. I even helped a friend's wife (who is completely new to MMOs) through the fight by explaining mechanics to her, and eventually she got it and won. Once you actually get the mechanics down it becomes a breeze, yeah it may take more deaths for some than others to get there.. but it is definitely a learning experience, which is what I thought was so great about it.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • Rosebloome
    Rosebloome
    ✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »
    Whhaaaaaatttttt.

Yup. Gutripper is already little more than a normal clannfear, you can solo Balreth and kill him in more or less 30 seconds (no exaggeration, it doesn't even reach the lava once... SOLO). Mediocrity always wins, even when it's some sort of optional content, the LCD will always win (and no, I don't mean the drug unfortunately)

When you figure out killing the floating balls that heal you up shouldn't have any trouble at all. O.o

Had more trouble with the portal at the start of the Gutripper quest, where the scamps and daedra continiously spawn on top of each other.

Ohhh well.

• mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whhaaaaaatttttt.

When you figure out killing the floating balls that heal you up shouldn't have any trouble at all. O.o

Had more trouble with the portal at the start of the Gutripper quest, where the scamps and daedra continiously spawn on top of each other.

Ohhh well.

That's the whole point!! None of these fights were actually HARD, unless you decided to completely ignore everything but the mob. Once they start to give in to this kind of players, it's a slippery slope toward wowclone
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skill should not always be what is needed to play a game. Many people enjoy the game, and the story should not be omg pro at it. Called balance.

There should be content for people who want a tougher time, but not a quest. So it is fine.
  • Valthorian1914
    Doshia? Hard? Really...?
    Wow. Sounds like some players just felt they are able to be heroic w/o even trying. Easy as pie to win that fight. Even on a tank w/o any sort of true damage dealing abilities taken in.
    C'mon people...
  • Hodorius
    Hodorius
    ✭✭✭
    This mob was never about skill!
    It was about looking and thinking.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hodorius wrote: »

Something that wowkiddies never got used to, so now every game that they wanna play has to be made for people with learning difficulties.....
    If this trend doesn't stop, i am afraid I won't be renewing after the 2 months I have already (unfortunately) purchased. This is going the way GW2 went
  • Rosebloome
    Rosebloome
    ✭✭

I kinda thought the entire point of the game was look and think.

I mean, alot of the quests were even puzzles. Not super HARD puzzles mind you, but place all these things in order kind of things.

Reminds me of this one quest. Big braziers burning with color fires above unlit ones. Like, green, red, green. Pretty obvious. light the ones under to match. Then I read in zone chat, " How do I do this quest. " Which was one with the colored burning bonfires. /sigh

• Reiterpallasch
    Reiterpallasch
    ✭✭✭
    Doshia was never hard. You could beat her while underleveled with subpar gear if you actually did the mechanics of the fight properly. Sadly most people think the mechanics of every fight should be "stand still, click as fast as possible".

If only the fight had an endless supply of slow moving orbs that fully refilled your health/magicka/stamina/ultimate whenever you touch them...
    Because having a quest where most people waited until they were several levels over the supposed quest level is a nerf?

That's their own fault then for refusing to do a fight properly.
    Chirru wrote: »
    Sorry OP...
    most of us are not as skilled players as you are.

The "skill" required for the fight is to hit the orbs before they touch her. Slightly harder than tying your shoes, slightly easier than drawing inside of the lines.
  • Rosebloome
    Rosebloome
    ✭✭
    The "skill" required for the fight is to hit the orbs before they touch her. Slightly harder than tying your shoes, slightly easier than drawing inside of the lines.

I spit tea out of my nose. Thanks for this.

• Ekeiram
    Ekeiram
    It depends on you build, really. I knew the mechanics , and still the fight took 15 minutes or more, but my BF wit a lot less experience :) , but the right build, didn't even had too look at the mechanics and had her down within a minute.
    I would love her to stay this hard, but I can understand that they did this. ( they probably have a lot of data of people fighting her )
  • clairefunb16_ESO
    Reminds me of this one quest. Big braziers burning with color fires above unlit ones. Like, green, red, green. Pretty obvious. light the ones under to match. Then I read in zone chat, " How do I do this quest. " Which was one with the colored burning bonfires. /sigh

Which I would have understood just fine if the fires above had been there. When they're not there at all, it was a hard quest, with a meaningless way to solve it. Did it a few times in beta and I did get such a surprise on launch when I saw the coloured fires for the first time...

So maybe don't rush to judge and instarage, as you may not know the full story.

Oh and yes, I found Doshia hard, as a resto sorc, and died the first time. Then the second time I saw the orbs, and while it was still tough to survive (I'm a bit squishy) it was a fun fight to work out, so I think this is a shame too. I enjoyed the challenge.

Edited by clairefunb16_ESO on April 15, 2014 9:45AM
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man some of you are so full of yourselves.
  • SgtPepperUK
    SgtPepperUK
    ✭✭✭

Something that wowkiddies never got used to, so now every game that they wanna play has to be made for people with learning difficulties.....
    If this trend doesn't stop, i am afraid I won't be renewing after the 2 months I have already (unfortunately) purchased. This is going the way GW2 went

Doshia was a level 8 quest.

The most common bit of advice given was wait until you're level 12 or 13.

So clearly there was a problem with the quest - nothing to do with "wowkiddies" or people with learning difficulties.

Devs will probably have also data-mined this and had verifiable statistical evidence that alot of people were going back to this several levels later.
  • Rosebloome
    Rosebloome
    ✭✭

So maybe don't rush to judge and instarage, as you may not know the full story.

Whose raging? o.o

Edited by Rosebloome on April 15, 2014 9:46AM
  • Ekeiram
    Ekeiram
    If you have no interupts in you spec ( yes that happens ) she heals herself when you are down ;)
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Doshia was a level 8 quest.

The most common bit of advice given was wait until you're level 12 or 13.

So clearly there was a problem with the quest - nothing to do with "wowkiddies" or people with learning difficulties.

Devs will probably have also data-mined this and had verifiable statistical evidence that alot of people were going back to this several levels later.

Except you could do the quest at 8 without dying once had you bothered watching what was going on when she got her health replenished 'mysteriously'

Fighters and Mages Guilds should be optional slightly 'harder' content for people who aren't brain dead. For the others, there is the predigested content. Let's not turn every game and every facet of them into some sort of Tardcraft 2.0 please
  • cromica81_ESO
    cromica81_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Lol seriously? Never had trouble in the beta with her or release, how hard is it to kill the orbs before they touch her.
  • Ekeiram
    Ekeiram
    Lol seriously? Never had trouble in the beta with her or release, how hard is it to kill the orbs before they touch her.
    well if you cannot move , because one of her abilities , it is not possible to kill the orbs :)