Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Laughable Patchnotes

• Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    @Hawke, that's the best Doshia tutorial video I've seen, and I watched a few when I was having trouble with her. You really explain everything very well. Very nice.

the skill gap was a huge jump for that mob.
    Yeah, so? That's how I learn.

"If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • Lanatireb17_ESO
    Lanatireb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    a) there are builds in this game that have a much easier time than others. there are character classes that have it much easier than others. what you, dear OP might consider challenging might be downright impossible for other classes or builds. There are even some classes who are currently more or less broken cause their skills mostly dont work (nightblade comes to mind).

b) not everyone in this game is an uber game pro that has a goldmedal in wow'ing like you, my dear OP.

c) every single person in all of the guilds im in died to Doshia several times, there are even some players who stopped playing over it.

• Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Sue_D_Nim truly, thank you. That honestly makes me smile on the inside reading that. I am glad it is that good. My first time. Maybe I will speak more in my videos.
  • Elvent
    Elvent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gremlis wrote: »
    Make it to hard for casual gamers and they will leave and you are left with nothing but hardcore players. We seen how that worked out with SWTOR. We know they need to keeps subs up to make this successful. Hard core players alone are not enough income to support a game thru subs.

I don't remember SWTOR being hard but I do remember it having the worst game engine ever...I also remember it was a dumbed down version compared to SWG, it was a step backwards, I would have rather them continued with SWG and upgraded their game engine with the same engine and it would have probably had more success than SWTOR did.

I left because no end game, bad game engine, how linear questing was, how linear and small zones were. I never did come across a challenge and I took two classes to level 50 but at least we were able to invite friends to story quests if we did have that problem...too bad ESO doesn't allow that. I won't ever go back or give it another chance now that it's F2P.

But you are right about casuals making up a majority of the player base, it is this way in almost every MMORPG, the hardcores or people that always want a challenge are a minority but very vocal on the forums, so it makes them seem like it's everybody.

People like to compare with WoW so I'll say if WoW were to get rid of any casual content, they would shrink so fast they would be forced to go F2P.
  • Ummaguma
    Ummaguma
    ✭✭✭
    Dont Dumb Down the fights... BUT, if you could make repair costs more reasonable for those of us with a "get up, Dust off, put on our big kid underpants, and try it again" Mentality... that would be great.

the cost to wash, and repair underpants is insane LOL
    I may or may not be spending too much time with Sheogorath, but I cant help it... He makes the BEST Nachos! >:)
  • Ariane
    Ariane
    ✭✭✭
    Well, although I think there has to be difficult content, I think it has to come in a progressive way. Finding such a difficult boss in a level 8 quest that you have to complete in order to continue the Fighter's Guild storyline can be very frustrating for people, even good players.

I want hard to kill bosses, with difficult mechanics, but I want content balanced with player's progression. I don't think we need a challenge like this one so early in the game, but I wouldn't mind to find her, even more difficult to kill, in veteran or adventure zones.
    "I am not an Argonian. I am a crocodile"
  • Laerian
    Laerian
    ✭✭✭
    I can't care less for Doshia, I killed her with my sorc, nightblade and templar the first time.

But my provisioner is crying since his profession is probably useless

•The sell value of food that you create has been reduced to be more in line with other crafting skill lines.

Reduced from what? lvl 1-15 food sell values were 1-4 gold.

So while we are flooded with goldsellers some brilliant out there insists in cut the already low incomes that only affect normal players. Interesting
  • ktxblaze
    ktxblaze
    Soul Shriven
    Lol whenever i read zone chat, i always feel like i'm being trolled. Like the answer to your problem is entirely obvious....then i realize that it's 2014 and i'm 28. i find it interesting that pure healers are trying to tackle Fighter's Guild content. Yes, there is a story line in there...but there's story behind all several hundred quests in the game. shooting for 100% quest completion with one toon in a mmo seems highly illogical.

It's called the fighter's guild for a reason. If you're not up for the task, it might not be right for your build. I didn't send my sorc in there, although after learning the mechanics with a melee dps, it gives me a higher chance of completion if i decide to go back and do it(highly unlikely). You don't have do to every single thing there is to do to get to 50. And once you get there, everything you have done will have been long forgotten.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    ktxblaze wrote: »
    Lol whenever i read zone chat, i always feel like i'm being trolled. Like the answer to your problem is entirely obvious....then i realize that it's 2014 and i'm 28. i find it interesting that pure healers are trying to tackle Fighter's Guild content. Yes, there is a story line in there...but there's story behind all several hundred quests in the game. shooting for 100% quest completion with one toon in a mmo seems highly illogical.

It's called the fighter's guild for a reason. If you're not up for the task, it might not be right for your build. I didn't send my sorc in there, although after learning the mechanics with a melee dps, it gives me a higher chance of completion if i decide to go back and do it(highly unlikely). You don't have do to every single thing there is to do to get to 50. And once you get there, everything you have done will have been long forgotten.

*sighs* @ktxblaze I understand what you are trying to say, but under level 10, there is no build. You dont have to train in a single skill to be Doshia. And I would do it with a pure healer if they hadn't neutered her. All you need to do is to attack her, interrupt and kill the orbs. I promise you, it works.

I would even say under 20 you dont need to have any class/guild skills or weapon skills except the base ones unmorphed. I know this because I did it. It might be making things harder, but my basic combat sequence was Shards, lightning finisher (forgot the name) heavy attack with my shield and dead. That was it.
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carde wrote: »

Doshia is not a real boss. She was a Daedric Harvester which is a normal enemy in the game later on, found in many places. If you can't handle Doshia then you are seriously screwed later.

They will have more skills and more levels by that time. The skill gap went from easy to hard for players and that was the problem tougher content should roll in slowly not jump like it did.Reason I gave the feedback telling it should get toned down some.

They're still going to stun you and summon orbs.

Those orbs will fully heal them if you lack the reflexes or the situational awareness to spin in 4 directions and one shot them all before they reach the Harvester.

None of these "difficult" mechanics are changing.

I would love to believe you Carde. I really would. But I've come to doubt whether ZOS has a nerf limit. I don't think they do. One month from now all harvesters will be reduced to re-skinned mudcrabs.
  • Pristia
    Pristia
    ✭✭
    Just wondering if anyone has made a toon, leveled it up and tried Doshia again to see how much she was nerfed before jumping to conclusions about how this is going to ruin this whole game, I can't see this small change ruining the game completely as some have stated it is going to do.
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

Albert Einstein
  • ktxblaze
    ktxblaze
    Soul Shriven
    I would imagine rolling DK, with a full set of heavy armor and a few skills inline with what i'm trying to accomplish as a "Tank" would be a 'build' of sorts(when i ran it last night)...i get what you're saying. That the mechanics run this fight. It took me two attempts to recognize the mechanics as a NB. At the time, i was blaming my armor class...or my DPS rotation. I was in the boat of others...QQ all over my keyboard...

lol but i persevered. I didn't let it beat me. when i finished that fight, i felt accomplished. Like i really deserved to be in the fighter's guild and was looking forward to the next encounter. now, not so much....
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »
    Gremlis wrote: »
    Make it to hard for casual gamers and they will leave and you are left with nothing but hardcore players. We seen how that worked out with SWTOR. We know they need to keeps subs up to make this successful. Hard core players alone are not enough income to support a game thru subs.

SWTOR was too hard?? I am pretty sure that wasn't the reason people left

Yeah, that's news to me. I never played it, but what I heard from everyone was that it lacked endgame content.
    Edited by Melian on April 15, 2014 5:42PM
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nudel wrote: »

Doshia is not a real boss. She was a Daedric Harvester which is a normal enemy in the game later on, found in many places. If you can't handle Doshia then you are seriously screwed later.

They will have more skills and more levels by that time. The skill gap went from easy to hard for players and that was the problem tougher content should roll in slowly not jump like it did.Reason I gave the feedback telling it should get toned down some.

They're still going to stun you and summon orbs.

Those orbs will fully heal them if you lack the reflexes or the situational awareness to spin in 4 directions and one shot them all before they reach the Harvester.

None of these "difficult" mechanics are changing.

I would love to believe you Carde. I really would. But I've come to doubt whether ZOS has a nerf limit. I don't think they do. One month from now all harvesters will be reduced to re-skinned mudcrabs.

That's my same worry, Over a year of closed beta (at least) several stress weekends and they decide to 'balance' it 2 weeks after release? Dunno. IF t hey wanted to teach new people interesting game mechanics they could have turned it into some sort of tutorial or have a pop up pointing out the globes. But making it tank and spank like they did to Gutripper, doesn't seem logical
  • ktxblaze
    ktxblaze
    Soul Shriven
    But i do play rather traditional class-roles. I'm not jiggy with Nightblade healz or tankz...lmao people think just because they can mix and match, their choices will be functional. Half of the builds i see running around will be ditched sooner or later....
  • ktxblaze
    ktxblaze
    Soul Shriven
    *Double post*
    Edited by ktxblaze on April 15, 2014 5:43PM
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pristia wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has made a toon, leveled it up and tried Doshia again to see how much she was nerfed before jumping to conclusions about how this is going to ruin this whole game, I can't see this small change ruining the game completely as some have stated it is going to do.

It's not the change per se, it's just a new episode of a trend that started after around the time of the first stress test
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do people think they are never supposed to die, even in a boss fight? If you kill a boss on the first attempt, it's too easy.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pristia wrote: »

It's not the change per se, it's just a new episode of a trend that started after around the time of the first stress test

This +1,000
  • malais
    malais
    My question.

What are the people who couldn't beat doscha prenerf going to do when they hit vet content?
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    malais wrote: »
    My question.

What are the people who couldn't beat doscha prenerf going to do when they hit vet content?

Complain that the game is too hard until it gets nerfed.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    Guys, I don't think we have to worry they're going to nerf harvesters or such. The only reason this quest has been made easier is because it's part of a quest chain for the fighter's guild - as in, if you can't do it, the whole guild storyline is blocked for you and ZOE doesn't want that to happen.

Storylines are always going to be made accessible to the majority of players.

But when it comes to open world and side quests, I don't think they're going to be nerfing anything - if someone can't do a side quest, so what? Only that single quest is blocked for them, nothing else depends on it.
  • Xenrae
    Xenrae
    ✭✭
    Hawke wrote: »
    @Xenrae Did you honestly take the time in watching the video I made?

I stand by what I said. It doesn't matter that all of you uber epic elitists think she was easy (laugh). She was OP for her level. It was a good call.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took a nap come back, to read this thread. I will go back to my first post. Some of you guys are full of yourselves.
  • Xenrae
    Xenrae
    ✭✭
    "Geez, by the looks of this thread you'd think the devs were adding auto-attack or something"

well, that's the problem, with what they have already nerfed (and always in reaction to hysterical whines) we aren't that sure that's so remote and unlikely

Then don't play. Buh-bye. This whole thread is ridiculous. "I can do it, why can't you?"

So, we're going to have to listen to you complain every time something gets nerfed? Gee, sounds EXACTLY like turning into WoW.

• nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ktxblaze wrote: »
    But i do play rather traditional class-roles. I'm not jiggy with Nightblade healz or tankz...lmao people think just because they can mix and match, their choices will be functional. Half of the builds i see running around will be ditched sooner or later....

Actually nightblade healers are very powerful. The classes in this game do not force you into specific class roles. Rather you choose the role you want your class to play. I do not agree that all those builds will be ditched because I have seen them work in high level play.

The point is that at level 8 you really don't have a build in the same way that laying one or two bricks does not give me a house. You may have an idea for a build in mind, but Doshia is NOT build dependent. As many who struggled and beat it have already said, their initial frustration was mostly due to not realizing the mechanics this boss used.

By nerfing her to the point that you can kill her without worrying about those mechanics or even paying attention to them...well they may as well have never bothered designing any unique enemy behavior at all.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played her on level in Beta - got smeared a few times then beat her. I played her on level during EA, and had her dead in nothing flat. I wanna say a few silver shards and dead. I have the same build I had in Beta, as exactly as I could.
  • rhubbert_ESO
    rhubbert_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I beat it first try... all you have to do is kill the spheres and stay behind her I don't see the difficulty
    Iris Umbra// Stamina Nightblade // Aldmeri Dominion