Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Laughable Patchnotes

• Rosebloome
    Rosebloome
    ✭✭
    Ekeiram wrote: »
    If you have no interupts in you spec ( yes that happens ) she heals herself when you are down ;)

Holding right click and then left clicking didn't work on her?

• mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosebloome wrote: »
    If you have no interupts in you spec ( yes that happens ) she heals herself when you are down ;)

Holding right click and then left clicking didn't work on her?

Of course it did...
  • Ekeiram
    Ekeiram
    yep it did ....
    but ... well since I am ranged...

He I got her down, but it was not an easy fight, so I can understand they nerf it a little
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    Silver bolts make that fight an easy one. Which makes sense since that's the first skill you get from the Fighter's Guild. I killed her so fast the bubbles didn't even have time to appear, and she was face down in the mud the whole time, didn't even hit me.

People just need to learn to change their skillset according to the enemy they're fighting.
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    The scamps are now more powerful than the bosses- good job.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gaudrath wrote: »
    Silver bolts make that fight an easy one. Which makes sense since that's the first skill you get from the Fighter's Guild. I killed her so fast the bubbles didn't even have time to appear, and she was face down in the mud the whole time, didn't even hit me.

People just need to learn to change their skillset according to the enemy they're fighting.
    I agree they're the best choice, the battle was ridiculously easy and fast when I used them, but they aren't always an option. If you fight her early, it's likely that you haven't unlocked Silver Bolts yet.
  • YuccaPalm
    YuccaPalm
    ✭✭✭
    yep it did ....
    but ... well since I am ranged...

He I got her down, but it was not an easy fight, so I can understand they nerf it a little

Yea because everything has to be an easy fight!
  • Grayphilosophy
    Grayphilosophy
    ✭✭✭
    What?... really?... for *** sake.

Interrupt her, if that fails, it's perfectly possible to run from orb to orb and hit them to disrupt them, alternatively shoot them if you're ranged. If you can't do that you're doing something wrong. did you fail? That's how the game punishes you for doing it wrong. Did you try again without doing anything differently? If yes, you're not very clever then are ya?

She's a boss, she's supposed to be challenging. Failure is is a risk in any challenge, don't whine about it, overcome it.
  • Avidus
    Avidus
    ✭✭✭
    Well as a character who is entirely based on healing and support, given I had no option of using a friend to help me for Doshia it took me a very very long time to kill her.
    However It would have been enough just to spawn 1 less ball and make the rest move slightly slower.
  • Caran
    Caran
    ✭✭✭
    I did that quest yesterday (again after several times in Beta) and found it very easy - but for an archer, it might be easier than for others. I also remembered how tough I found Gutripper ... and now he is hardly a challenge. I do not consider myself a "pro-gamer", I'm too old for this and too slow, but I like a challenge. This patch is not the right direction in my opinion.
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    First Gutripper, then Balreth, now Doshia (again I believe?) Looks more and more that the true challenge will be mostly PVP. I'm already finding myself willing to skip quests as being constantly overlevelled is boring (and you drop items which are constantly underpowered).
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At that level new players are learning the game still, and she was a tad bit tough for a avg gamer. You guys are just being jerks :)
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go back to.... ah frack, we cannot say it otherwise people start crying...
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    YuccaPalm wrote: »
    ,,Anchors from the Harbour: Doshia has had her powers reduced.''

Uber casual game incoming.

Why are they reducing Doshia's powers? She is NOT hard at all... I have the video proving it.

They need to fix the invisible orbs bug and place more emphasis on the TESO combat features.

I agree, I do not like this compromise.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is the video... Level 6 (Doshia is level 8) and no morphed skills, only the 3 basic class skills, and Shield weapon (no weapon skills, no racial skills, nothing).

I took her down after the orb bug stopped bugging out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StaXyRhCS78

She is not impossible, you just have to use interrupt, or go ranged on her. And you do not need aoe!
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because you can do it does not mean others can't. It is a low level quest. Stop throwing a hissy fit about it. Other people play the game besides you.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because you can do it does not mean others can't. It is a low level quest. Stop throwing a hissy fit about it. Other people play the game besides you.

What part of "optional slightly harder content" you aren't familiar with?
    Do all parts of all games have to cater to people who don't want a challenge? Can't you leave us some tiny bits that don't make us feel like we are wasting time? Just asking
    Edited by mutharex on April 15, 2014 10:50AM
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭

No no I understand that, but once you do the interrupt and kill the orbs (that heal you) she is not hard. The challenge is getting to the orbs and whacking them. If they can't beat her at level 6, then they come back when they can.

But learning the basic combat techniques will help them later in game AND in PvP.

What is next? Adjusting PvP so you cannot block power attacks? Or they dont stun the person being blocked? All because the player does not understand the combat mechanics in this game?

I believe in adjusting to make some sense if it is deserved, but if you make something easier because people aren't using the game mechanics and tools they are given, that is just not good for the game.

Again, that is just my opinion. If I did not believe that she was easier doing the proper combat techniques I would NOT have made a video, with my voice explaining how to do it. I dont do videos where I speak (for obvious reasons). If I just wanted to flex my epeen, I would have tossed some music on and just showed how I beat her with a basic character at level 6.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whole lotta e-peen wagging in this thread.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »

Do all parts of all games have to cater to people who don't want a challenge? Can't you leave us some tiny bits that don't make us feel like we are wasting time? Just asking

Yes it does. Low level quests and questing until max level should be about learning and not being about a road block. Until max level is when things should be tougher for content who picked to do it. Not content that is a road block through questing and story.

It is hard work fighting off the egos here, but i hope I shed light on how silly you all are acting.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes it does. Low level quests and questing until max level should be about learning and not being about a road block. Until max level is when things should be tougher for content who picked to do it. Not content that is a road block through questing and story.

It is hard work fighting off the egos here, but i hope I shed light on how silly you all are acting.

Ok so no part of that sentence makes any sense to you.
    Good job ZOS, keep on listening to 'feedback' (the butchering of starter experience is still fresh..) and you'll see where your game ends up
  • luckyjoemcb14_ESO
    luckyjoemcb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

You say that low level quests should be about learning, well Doshia is not difficult if you use the skills you should be learning as you progress.This fight should be about teaching you to use the games mechanics, not about face rolling her.

Perhaps if your friendly Redguard fighters guild guy would shout out to you helpful advice like " Smash the orbs!" or something similar players would not have as much trouble with it. I understand not everybody is used to as active a play style as is required sometimes, but I really don't think a nerf is in order here, but perhaps a bit of tutorial is.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good job ZOS, keep on listening to 'feedback' (the butchering of starter experience is still fresh..) and you'll see where your game ends up

Game is going to be fine. The fact that you guys throwing a hissy fit about a level 8 quest boss that some people have trouble with is funny. Really funny.

They will keep hearing our feed back and do what is best for the game. :) Making a boss easier for people who are still at the learning stages is fine.

This thread is sad, and you all are some selfish people acting like that every one must be amazing skilled like you all to be able to kill a boss. The thing was over tuned, and now it is not.

You can thank the feedback we gave, just like the feedback we did on the farming of the solo dungeons. :)

Edited by rager82b14_ESO on April 15, 2014 11:07AM
  • Caran
    Caran
    ✭✭✭

Doshia in her old form a "roadblock"? Oh come on ... it's exactly what you demand: a learning experience. Try, fail, try again and watch, react ... learn.
    And: It might just be me, but lvl 8 is low level, but I had been playing for quite some time before I came to Doshia, as leveling is slower in this game.

I might also add: I imposed a hard-core mode on myself for every MMO I played: If I die before level 20, character gets deleted (let's not discuss this, please) ... that makes me very wary of difficult quests. Reading the forums, I dreaded Doshia, I dreaded Gutripper, I dreaded Balreth ... and in none of these fights, I died. I died from (bugged) trash mobs like a mudcrab ... nerf mudcrab please.
    Edited by Caran on April 15, 2014 11:14AM
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    @rager82b14_ESO come on, that is very unfair. How many videos or guides did you make to help out new players here? I am all for helping people, but I do believe in the whole "teach him how to fish...." methodology.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caran wrote: »

Doshia in her old form a "roadblock"? Oh come on ... it's exactly what you demand: a learning experience. Try, fail, try again and watch, react ... learn.
    And: It might just be me, but lvl 8 is low level, but I had been playing for quite some time before I came to Doshia, as leveling is slower in this game.

For you it was not. Many people had trouble with it, It could be a class thing, it could be many things. Either way, I don't judge them, and if it was tough as it seem for people it should got nerfed. This is not some boss that gave epic loot, so it should not matter if a low level boss gets nerfed.

The fact people blowing it up as a sign of the game is too casual made me chuckle.

• Baratan
    Baratan
    ✭✭
    This is very disappointing.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Game is going to be fine. The fact that you guys throwing a hissy fit about a level 8 quest boss that some people have trouble with is funny. Really funny.

They will keep hearing our feed back and do what is best for the game. :) Making a boss easier for people who are still at the learning stages is fine.

This thread is sad, and you all are some selfish people acting like that every one must be amazing skilled like you all to be able to kill a boss. The thing was over tuned, and now it is not.

You can thank the feedback we gave, just like the feedback we did on the farming of the solo dungeons. :)

I'll try to make it a bit easier because apparently you are having problems understanding this: the fight was easy NOT for super duper players (I am average at best) BUT for people who aren't completely brain dead. The game is going in direction of brain dead. We are very concerned. Not as concerned as you finding Doshia a "blocker". That is very concerning. maybe go play Hello Kitty Online or WoW?
  • Carde
    Carde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    re: Doshia

You guys better get used to Harvesters early, cause they're gonna be all over the game later. Doshia's not a real boss so much as she's just a lower level version of a mob you're going to see often later on.
    Member of the Psijic Order PTS Group
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carde wrote: »
    re: Doshia

You guys better get used to Harvesters early, cause they're gonna be all over the game later. Doshia's not a real boss so much as she's just a lower level version of a mob you're going to see often later on.

Don't worry:they'll cry and then even those will be nerfed