Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When will eu server will come to eu ?

• Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any news on this? Maybe someone on the team grew a pair and can actually comment on this? :)
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Razzak wrote: »
    Any news on this? Maybe someone on the team grew a pair and can actually comment on this? :)
    Seriously, a "this is where we are at specifically" would be nice, instead of the political vague answers we got before.

• Zolyok
    Zolyok
    ✭✭✭
    Agree
    But ZoS seems to avoid any info/news/com or even speak about EU server
    Edited by Zolyok on May 21, 2014 1:08PM
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just over two weeks until the next round of subscriptions hit for launch day people. Just under two weeks until Wildstar launches (with EU servers). (Not saying Wildstar is good).
    Edited by GossiTheDog on May 21, 2014 1:42PM
  • Zolyok
    Zolyok
    ✭✭✭
    Your right GossiTheDog in 10 days Wildstar early access begin
    Wildstar have EU server + PvP server with several pvp options, personnaly i can't play wildstar due to the graphical/color/visual effect make me sick but if the graphics were different i'll surely go to wildtsar.
    I think a part of players will go to play wildstar.

And this will be due to Zeni who always take an eternity for anything.
    Plus they're not capable to perform livefix
    Skill debug should be already done, just look at the NB problem
    Stability improvement
    Delay problem
    Lag
    Infinite loading
    Cyrodill issues

And

The EU server

In 9 days the game will have 2 month of exploitation and yes the game is getting better but it take so looooong for minor fix, mmo players don't have any patience zeni should be carefull.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zolyok wrote: »
    Wildstar have EU server + PvP server with several pvp options, personnaly i can't play wildstar due to the graphical/color/visual effect make me sick but if the graphics were different i'll surely go to wildtsar.

Stability improvement
    Delay problem
    Lag
    Infinite loading
    Cyrodill issues

And

The EU server

In 9 days the game will have 2 month of exploitation and yes the game is getting better but it take so looooong for minor fix, mmo players don't have any patience zeni should be careful.
    in my honest opinion the game should go the route of FFXIV and be COMPLETELY rolled back and re-released in 12 months. I think its the ONLY way they can salvage this catastrophe.

• GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »

Stability improvement
    Delay problem
    Lag
    Infinite loading
    Cyrodill issues

And

The EU server

In 9 days the game will have 2 month of exploitation and yes the game is getting better but it take so looooong for minor fix, mmo players don't have any patience zeni should be careful.
    in my honest opinion the game should go the route of FFXIV and be COMPLETELY rolled back and re-released in 12 months. I think its the ONLY way they can salvage this catastrophe.

That won't happen, you would have a riot from the players who are playing and enjoying. And yes, those people exist.

I do think they need to seriously consider changing PR tactics though and go for a major 'we're sorry' offensive around time of console launch, to prove to press (and consumers) they know they had problems at launch (and post launch).

The Facebook page for the game has barely grown since launch, and most of those users appear to be console players awaiting information. It's really strange to see a game launch stop people being interested in something. The ESO Reddit page is actually losing subscribers - down 100 in past day alone - I can't remember a AAA title where that has happened.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Stability improvement
    Delay problem
    Lag
    Infinite loading
    Cyrodill issues

And

The EU server

That won't happen, you would have a riot from the players who are playing and enjoying. And yes, those people exist.

I do think they need to seriously consider changing PR tactics though and go for a major 'we're sorry' offensive around time of console launch, to prove to press (and consumers) they know they had problems at launch (and post launch).

The Facebook page for the game has barely grown since launch, and most of those users appear to be console players awaiting information. It's really strange to see a game launch stop people being interested in something. The ESO Reddit page is actually losing subscribers - down 100 in past day alone - I can't remember a AAA title where that has happened.
    FF 14 had people that were pissed too that they rolled it back, but they did it, and it helped the game tremendously.

• Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

FFXIV is also the only game i know that keeps his european servers in Canada.
    And no, they arent moving them... so yeah, dont look at FFXIV :p

They said they will move the server after Craglorn.

Just wait a week, and i will rightfully join the whine train.

Edited by Gisgo on May 21, 2014 2:41PM
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stability improvement
    Delay problem
    Lag
    Infinite loading
    Cyrodill issues

And

The EU server

FF 14 had people that were pissed too that they rolled it back, but they did it, and it helped the game tremendously.

I get that. An American company would not do that. Zenimax knew there were issues with the game (hence console delay) but shipped anyway - my guess would be they needed the money.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gisgo wrote: »

FFXIV is also the only game i know that keeps his european servers in Canada.
    And no, they arent moving them... so yeah, dont look at FFXIV :p

They said they will move the server after Craglorn.

Just wait a week, and i will rightfully join the whine train.
    Actually, they said they will move them after the initial launch, I don't know about you, but initial launch doesn't mean over 2 months.

• Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, they said they will move them after the initial launch, I don't know about you, but initial launch doesn't mean over 2 months.

Two months is still after the initial launch (did you think it would take a week to launch a brand new MMO?).

They also said it would have been after Craglorn, and Craglorn isnt out yet.

PvP is borderline unplayable its obvious they need to fix the server lag and move the server to the EU to lower our ping, but what do you expect them to do? Hire wizards?

• GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was about to say, the reason they never gave time frames for move - they just said after launch - was because it's going to be a while. Some people took 'after' to mean 1 month, but that was neither said nor implied.
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like the major server organization will be done with the console arrival. Or should. I don't know how EU console players will join the server, will it be 2 servers? One NA other EU? I know companies stopped giving a *** for us PC the master race but I rarely see them *** off console players. Except maybe PS3 Bethesda games...
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Two months is still after the initial launch (did you think it would take a week to launch a brand new MMO?).

They also said it would have been after Craglorn, and Craglorn isnt out yet.

PvP is borderline unplayable its obvious they need to fix the server lag and move the server to the EU to lower our ping, but what do you expect them to do? Hire wizards?
    No, I expect them to launch a game with EU servers like all other games that said they would have EU servers would. If Bioware can do it, ZoS can do it, and should have done it. Their deafening silence is a slap in the face to all EU players right now.

also.

"In addition to gameplay changes, your time in testing also helps us to address and plan for less obvious improvements as well. The worldwide interest in ESO is gratifying but staggering, and each test we run allows us to prepare for a large number of players during our launch phase, and allocate resources as needed. We have constructed large datacenters in North America and in Europe to support this game. North America is fully operational and our European datacenter will be soon, but we have found during our beta tests that the location of these servers is not going to affect the gameplay experience. Our testing has now confirmed that millions of players from Europe (and beyond) can play on our North American server and experience ESO as it was designed—without latency or lag problems. (Please note that users in our last scale test had lag issues, especially in Cyrodiil, but this was a game bug, not a location issue – all players, no matter where, experienced that particular problem). So, regardless of a player’s location or the datacenter being used, the confirmed efficiency of our platform architecture will prevent anyone from enjoying a gameplay advantage. And as both datacenters become fully operational, we will continue to add capacity to meet the demands of gamers worldwide.

We will make sure that no matter where you live, every player in North America, Europe, Oceania and many places beyond, will have a polished, lag-free launch experience. Based on the existing number of our beta signups and because we anticipate that the ESO community will continue to grow after launch, we plan to add capacity to keep up with demand in both our North American and European datacenters. The North American and European megaservers will first be hosted in North America. This gives us a more efficient way to address any platform issues that may arise at launch. After the initial launch phase is over, we will move the European megaserver to the European datacenter – but this will be a seamless migration for users, without additional downloads, logins or action required."

Posted back in march. So, yes, it was implied that it would be very soon after the initial launch, that is not more than 2 months. So, an official word would be appreciated.

Link

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en-uk/news/post/2014/03/14/eso-road-ahead
    Edited by Jade1986 on May 21, 2014 2:57PM
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not reading that :|
    Man dont take it on me, if i was leading Zos the server would be in Zurich, close to pretty much anyone.
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then they are lying. How can they provide lag-free service worldwide with servers in only 2 continents?
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Im not reading that :|
    Man dont take it on me, if i was leading Zos the server would be in Zurich, close to pretty much anyone.
    :\ ffs.......then please don't comment further because the information is right there showing they were supposed to move then soon after the initial launch.

• Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Joolio wrote: »
    Then they are lying. How can they provide lag-free service worldwide with servers in only 2 continents?
    The scene from the Beatle Juice cartoon comes to mind where the ghosts come out of the closet going " lies.....Lies.....LIES......." lol.

• Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ffs.......then please don't comment further because the information is right there showing they were supposed to move then soon after the initial launch.

You are the one that shouldnt comment here if all you are bringing is outdated informations.
    Be realistic or be mad, i dont really care.

• GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the text pasted they only say the datacenter will be ready soon, not that the service would be moved.
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im thinking about subscribing to IGN.

Maybe that way I can get some info about when they will make their word worth it.
    Edited by Akhratos on May 21, 2014 5:19PM
  • Lodestar
    Lodestar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I started this thread the 15 april ...
    Yeah and there were numerous other ones too, this is by far the number one issue EU players are worried about, yes there are others, but this is by far the most popular and people want some information....

Actually for me it is not. It is the non combat bug for me.

I am admittedly quite invested in it though.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ffs.......then please don't comment further because the information is right there showing they were supposed to move then soon after the initial launch.

You are the one that shouldnt comment here if all you are bringing is outdated informations.
    Be realistic or be mad, i dont really care.
    The "outdated" information shows that they promised it would be moved SOON after the initial release. Inform yourself. It's two paragraphs, not an auto biography.
    In the text pasted they only say the datacenter will be ready soon, not that the service would be moved.
    If you read the whole thing it implies that the servers will be moved soon after the initial launch period of the game. You can defend them all you want, but they lied, and now are more silent than a mime that took an oath or silence.

Edited by Jade1986 on May 21, 2014 9:46PM
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lodestar wrote: »
    I started this thread the 15 april ...
    Yeah and there were numerous other ones too, this is by far the number one issue EU players are worried about, yes there are others, but this is by far the most popular and people want some information....

Actually for me it is not. It is the non combat bug for me.

I am admittedly quite invested in it though.
    I apologize, for the MAJORITY this is the number one issue. When they are moved we can see which glitches are still there and move on. Then we will also see which glitches and bugs came from distance.

• GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The majority see this as a number one issue? I doubt the majority even know what a megaserver is, or that distance matters. The only people bumping this thread are a handful of people. Reddit down votes anything about this.

Obviously the server should have been in the right location for launch, let alone now, but don't think for a minute this is a major issue for most customers. Most of them don't even know about it.
    Edited by GossiTheDog on May 21, 2014 11:08PM
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The majority see this as a number one issue? I doubt the majority even know what a megaserver is, or that distance matters. The only people bumping this thread are a handful of people. Reddit down votes anything about this.

Obviously the server should have been in the right location for launch, let alone now, but don't think for a minute this is a major issue for most customers. Most of them don't even know about it.
    Yeah, tell that to everyone I talked to on day 1 who noticed right off the back. You give people way too little credit. People who notice this kinda stuff spread the word, Reddit and this forum are not the only outlet or exchange of information about this. Again, I know at least 500 ppl from guilds who wont touch this game with a 10 ft pole until the servers are moved, and everyone who asked me about the game in real life, or on FB I have informed about the servers as well. I am only one person, word spreads quick, and a gain, you give people way too little credit. Hell, even my mom, who doesn't have a clue about the internet knows that distance matters.

Edited by Jade1986 on May 22, 2014 12:01AM
  • Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a friend come by to show him some PvP... i got a lag spike so i said something that can`t be said here about ZOS and their decision to keep the EU server in the US. Then i logged back on, went out of PvP and he saw a few flying bots...

Not sure what made him reconsider, but he said he`s not getting the game.

Truth is ZENIMAX was misleading, they knew they won`t move the servers right after launch but they allowed us to think so. I`m almost happy that most people won`t touch this game with all the speed hacking, teleporting, flying and bugs... serves them right for lying to us about the state it was in.

I was one of the stupid people that bought a few GTC`s so i`m still subbed for a while... but i have been actively trying to get people not to buy this as its not worth it right now.

I strongly suggest you all do the same until the EU server is move, the bugs are fixed and the bots are mostly gone. We`ll see if they last that long or they go F2P...
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I had a friend come by to show him some PvP... i got a lag spike so i said something that can`t be said here about ZOS and their decision to keep the EU server in the US. Then i logged back on, went out of PvP and he saw a few flying bots...

Not sure what made him reconsider, but he said he`s not getting the game.

Truth is ZENIMAX was misleading, they knew they won`t move the servers right after launch but they allowed us to think so. I`m almost happy that most people won`t touch this game with all the speed hacking, teleporting, flying and bugs... serves them right for lying to us about the state it was in.

I was one of the stupid people that bought a few GTC`s so i`m still subbed for a while... but i have been actively trying to get people not to buy this as its not worth it right now.

I strongly suggest you all do the same until the EU server is move, the bugs are fixed and the bots are mostly gone. We`ll see if they last that long or they go F2P...
    Right there with you, my cousins were considering moving on from other MMOs to ESO, and I urged them to reconsider and educated them on the issues, everyone should do the same.

• Lodestar
    Lodestar
    ✭✭✭✭

I suggest you prove that or back off from this. I think your talking nonsense to be blunt.

While I admitted myself it is not the number one priority for me. Bug fixes are. I suspect the latency is not solely related to the server being in NA. As I know NA players reporting what they describe as lag. I think it is a factor, but not as much as others are claiming.

But, I would not dream of stating that most people do not know what a mega server is or that the distance between location of server and user is a factor. I am certain not everyone does know, but I reckon far more do than you seem to want to make out.
    I apologize, for the MAJORITY this is the number one issue. When they are moved we can see which glitches are still there and move on. Then we will also see which glitches and bugs came from distance.

Well.. it seems to be a big issue here, on forums, but again, no clue of I could say it was majorities top priority. But, I think it would be interesting what would happen, if it was just decided, to port it over and then see what is left. But, if it is only negligible then, or believed to be so by ZOS, then I can accept this particular matter not being so high on the priority list.

Don't get me wrong, anything that improves the current state is a bonus. Should they move the servers next week I would be happy.
    Edited by Lodestar on May 22, 2014 12:26AM