Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When will eu server will come to eu ?

• Hexagar
    Hexagar
    ✭✭

Kallion wrote: »
    [begin sarcasm]
    We are proud to present ourdescribe n MMO with MegaMighty Earth Central Servers, located on Pluto. Our proprietary lag-free Pigeon Online Inc is the leader of MMO networks, a service which is required to play our ground breaking game. With each click, a pigeon, dressed in an astronaut suit, will use a jet pack and attempt to land on the outer planet to deliver the key stroke in real paper!

Pigeon Online Inc is not liable for bird shootdowns, fuel shortage, jet pack explosions or suit malfunctions that may result in a packet loss. Please check for up to spec hard drive speed and make sure you have the latest keyboard drivers installed before filing a ticket for lag or non responsiveness.

Our systems work as intended.

Active subscription must be prepaid for pigeon fuel and a full set of postal service stamps is required.
    [/end sarcasm]

That one really made me cry out of laughter... in between sarcasm u couldnt describe better what ZOS is doint to EU players..

• Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    The damage is done.

The EU exodus is upon us with the new sub cycle, which means it will never be financially viable to move the servers to the EU.

EU and NA will most likely merge.

And you this how????

There is no fact say that the are going to merge any server and btw you do know it take time setup servers and router and router ip right and the did not found any EU internet company fix this before the release the got help only few day before release that EU internet company that was willing to help them.

Beside i'm glad the EU server is still in NA for if the need do hot fix the do right away and we dont have wait days before get the new hot fix like we have do with WoW until all major bug issues is fix it is better it stay in NA for have wait day even week until bug get fix can as easy kill off the subscribe as well.
    Edited by Wolfshead on May 14, 2014 9:55AM
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • Lovely
    Lovely
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfshead wrote: »
    Beside i'm glad the EU server is still in NA for if the need do hot fix the do right away and we dont have wait days before get the new hot fix

I'm confused.
  • AlliN
    AlliN
    ✭✭✭
    Beside i'm glad the EU server is still in NA for if the need do hot fix the do right away and we dont have wait days before get the new hot fix

This shows in a great measure the avarage intelligence of ESO forum poster. Person that thinks that servers stand unattended somewhere in a basement, while hotfixes are being send over by mail, and have to be "put into" a server after UPS guy delivers them.
    Edited by AlliN on May 14, 2014 10:33AM
  • Pewpie
    Pewpie
    ✭✭✭
    AlliN wrote: »

This shows in a great measure the avarage intelligence of ESO forum poster. Person that thinks that servers stand unattended somewhere in a basement, while hotfixes are being send over by mail, and have to be "put into" a server after UPS guy delivers them.
    A hot fix is actually just sending over Scarlett to the server department for a quick "fix" so they can hit the "install" button. It can take quite some time for her to go through all the staff (who all for some reason want to work in the server room). That is why there are so long maintenance downtimes, and often.

Edited by Pewpie on May 14, 2014 11:39AM
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A short while ago I engaged 3 mobs, two trash and a boss. I killed the trash, then engaged the boss. I was full on hp/stamina/magicka, no problems there. When the boss had around 75% HP, I died. I still had 100% HP and poof dead. But the funny part? I kept loosing HP in chunks of 20% every second while I was dead and the character yelled as if getting hit.

Broken game is broken.

Honestly, I dont think this particular case is latency - something went seriously wrong server side. But having constant 200+ ping at the same time doesnt help. It just adds to the frustration, it feels like everything is slow, sluggish and unresponsive. Swapping weapons? HA! You might as well stab yourself in the chest, its just as effective.

I've had this happen too. Even in Coldharbour at the very beginning of the game With a New character.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The damage is done.

The EU exodus is upon us with the new sub cycle, which means it will never be financially viable to move the servers to the EU.

EU and NA will most likely merge.

And you this how????

There is no fact say that the are going to merge any server and btw you do know it take time setup servers and router and router ip right and the did not found any EU internet company fix this before the release the got help only few day before release that EU internet company that was willing to help them.

Beside i'm glad the EU server is still in NA for if the need do hot fix the do right away and we dont have wait days before get the new hot fix like we have do with WoW until all major bug issues is fix it is better it stay in NA for have wait day even week until bug get fix can as easy kill off the subscribe as well.
    SWTOR releases updates and hot fixes the exact same time on EU and US servers, there is no delay, what you are describing is nonsense and simply an excuse by ZoS.

• Innocente
    Innocente
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, folks. As Game Director Matt Firor recently stated in this article, we still plan on moving the EU server, though we do not have an exact timeline to share. We are going to continue evaluating when the best time to migrate the servers is and will be sure to provide our players with an update when we can. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience.

"Game Director" Matt Firor is not the most trustworthy of people to bet the farm on. Anyone remember the infamous "Polished and Lag Free" experience post?

This guy should have been shown the door a long time ago. If ESO fails on the PC, he will be the #1 reason why.

• Kallion
    Kallion
    ✭✭
    "Game Director" Matt Firor is not the most trustworthy of people to bet the farm on. Anyone remember the infamous "Polished and Lag Free" experience post?

I was seeing videos on how they were downgrading other MMO engines down as they were super promoting the super polished, stable and lag free ESO engine. This smells like another AoC.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still no news? : sigh : guess im still sticking to SWTOR till this gets sorted.
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calm down.
  • Bangstin
    Bangstin
    ✭✭✭
    Calm down.

keep-calm-and-reboot-server.png

• Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭

I did never say the stand unattended in basement and i never say it would be send over by mail by a UPS guys it just show who low you avarage intelligence is to be honest if you need to write something like that and i feel sorry for you if really have write something like that just show you dont have anything import say on this subject.
    laced wrote: »
    ]SWTOR releases updates and hot fixes the exact same time on EU and US servers, there is no delay, what you are describing is nonsense and simply an excuse by ZoS.

It is how come then that Blizzard have 2 different days of downtime each week there NA server have on Tuesday and EU serve have on Wednesday and when bugs or patch there EU server have wait longer to get and if a patch or one of there bug fix dont work the EU have wait even longer and i say early if then are a problem which the normal is with new MMO it is better it is at place where it is close to dev. team so the fix right away and how can that be nonsense it is best way to insure the fix and most IT people would agree on that.

I would love to have EU server in EU for then many people lag issues would be fix but i also know how much work it is setup servers and that do take time make sure server that new EU look the same and i know no one would be happy if see thing miss from there char but i guess most would not even care if lost half of there inventory as long as EU server is in EU but then dont come forum whine that you miss thing for that can happen even if % is small.
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • dragnar12
    dragnar12
    ✭✭
    there wont be a eu server
    the game has failed hard

i told this from the start and i will tell u again

its to costly to have a eu server
    they knew they would go free to play

thats why they never made a eu server
  • sahib
    sahib
    ✭✭✭
    I did never say the stand unattended in basement and i never say it would be send over by mail by a UPS guys it just show who low you avarage intelligence is to be honest if you need to write something like that and i feel sorry for you if really have write something like that just show you dont have anything import say on this subject.

It is how come then that Blizzard have 2 different days of downtime each week there NA server have on Tuesday and EU serve have on Wednesday and when bugs or patch there EU server have wait longer to get and if a patch or one of there bug fix dont work the EU have wait even longer and i say early if then are a problem which the normal is with new MMO it is better it is at place where it is close to dev. team so the fix right away and how can that be nonsense it is best way to insure the fix and most IT people would agree on that.

I would love to have EU server in EU for then many people lag issues would be fix but i also know how much work it is setup servers and that do take time make sure server that new EU look the same and i know no one would be happy if see thing miss from there char but i guess most would not even care if lost half of there inventory as long as EU server is in EU but then dont come forum whine that you miss thing for that can happen even if % is small.

Punctuation - check the definition. Seriously.

Back to the topic at hand, I made a comment here on 9th April about how EU servers will probably never come to EU. Sad to see as the time passess it's really looking that way.
    Edited by sahib on May 15, 2014 7:40AM
  • Kallion
    Kallion
    ✭✭

That's why servers are placed and tested PRIOR to the game release. After that it's a done deal. Today's games are made or broken upon launch or -at latest- within the 1st month. For me, the UI responsiveness is number one in any MMO. So far this part is a bust as it brings severe disadvantages in combat (to say the least) that hinders any possible strategies and tactics.

Begin_Example_(sorcerer)

Crystal, Fury, Shoot, Dodge, Block... how did that attack go through the block? (UI/lag says you never blocked)... move away, heal (wait, why didn't the heal cast)... tap-tap-tap, heal activates on third try. Turn around... Crystal, doesn't respond... multi-tap, throw 2 crystals, lose magika.... repeat... wait, why is my summoned pet looking at me?... Oh, wait, red zone, quickly move out of it, good I'm out... what? How did I get damaged? I was out... move away, cast heal... action doesn't respond...

/End_Example

Try to have fun with that!

And of course, if someone complains, the "uber-players" with 6-10ms latency come in and start their version of the story of how easy everything is and -of course- how awesome they are (Chuck Norris music in the background). Some times I wonder how those same people would react with 200+ms and packet loss! Probably they'd jump off a skyscraper in flames, computer in arms and mice/keyboards melted on their hands as they mutter some demonic curses in a language yet to be invented!

I think the above paints a decent image of what many of us experience in this continent.

This decision to prematurely release this game was an erratic move. I will be very reluctant to even consider another release from the same company, but even more, people should keep tabs of leadership names, in case they decide to abandon ship and appear under a new corporate brand and repeat. I've seen it with a specific CEO that did massive damage to my industry (for the sake of short term profit) and forced a heap load of people to abandon an entire product line they were using for years.
  • Samiri
    Samiri
    ✭✭✭

So when can I get ms under 100 please???
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to dip into this thread again for a second - if you think 'Wow, it's been particularly unresponsive over the last few days' - it has on the US megaserver inside the US too. There was a point for half an hour yesterday evening where US was just unplayable.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

]SWTOR releases updates and hot fixes the exact same time on EU and US servers, there is no delay, what you are describing is nonsense and simply an excuse by ZoS.

Blizzard does it on two different days because people complained about the downtime being in the middle of the day. Logic. Its your friend.

• BaKaNoOB
    BaKaNoOB
    ✭✭✭
    It is costly to have EU , and NA servers at the same time as it is if EU server is in EU
    Cause data-center prices are mostly same, so if you have now two data-centers running it is the same if one of them is in EU, this is just stupid decision from zenimax. they don't need to build data-center from the scratch they use hardware that is already there
    Edited by BaKaNoOB on May 15, 2014 2:26PM
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any news on this front? Any officials with "cojones" large enough to say something?
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Razzak wrote: »
    Any news on this front? Any officials with <cesored> large enough to say something?
    Please don't antagonise them, asking for them to move the server is one thing, asking for updates on when is one thing.

But for the love of God, Don't insult and antagonise them or they might cancel the move just to spite you.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on May 16, 2014 8:57AM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Lodestar
    Lodestar
    ✭✭✭✭

Whatever Blizzard does, it does it's way for it's own reasons. They are not the ones your assuming they are based on your assumptions. The poster you quoted is correct. SWTOR always took servers down simultaneously, and it caused quite a commotion as it always seemed to inconvenience EU players most, due to the times they seemed to pick to go down.

Back on topic, the oddest thing for me, is that during beta, the game seemed fine on EU servers. I even felt the responses screaming for an EU server right now as it would result in massive latentcy, that never happened in beta, or indeed on some international US based servers I played other games on were so over the top.

Well, actually they were, which is all the more disheartening their melodramatic predictions had so much weight come post launch. No idea what happened.
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That massive latency did happen towards the end of beta. I think, from memory, it started 2nd the last beta weekend in PVP. 15 seconds to sneak etc. at the time the developers posted saying they thought they had introduced a client side queue bug, but that was the last update.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lodestar wrote: »
    Back on topic, the oddest thing for me, is that during beta, the game seemed fine on EU servers. I even felt the responses screaming for an EU server right now as it would result in massive latentcy, that never happened in beta, or indeed on some international US based servers I played other games on were so over the top.

Well, actually they were, which is all the more disheartening their melodramatic predictions had so much weight come post launch. No idea what happened.
    Populations are what happened, during the Beta populations were low enough that Lag/Latency wasn't an issue, the servers could and did manage. But once the populations were there, the latency in game increased as more people were trying to use abilities, and the internet channels became more choked creating Lag.

Short of experiencing before on other games, there was no way to predict, and if you had experienced it before, it was so obvious you could fail to predict it.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any news on this front? Any officials with <cesored> large enough to say something?
    Please don't antagonise them, asking for them to move the server is one thing, asking for updates on when is one thing.

But for the love of God, Don't insult and antagonise them or they might cancel the move just to spite you.
    If the devs cancel server move because some idiot insulted them on the forum, I'll seriously question their mental maturity and ability to run any sort of business.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »

If the devs cancel server move because some idiot insulted them on the forum, I'll seriously question their mental maturity and ability to run any sort of business.
    True but insults once started snowball (badly), so lets not take any chances.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on May 16, 2014 2:44PM
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • n3c
    n3c
    Januk wrote: »
    Wait... Wait... WAIT THE HELL UP! You got to be kidding me? They're doing the EU maintenance basically in the break of dawn for them. Half of them are probably still asleep having IV with coffee in it. Yet ppl complain... Seriously there's no end to the stupidity of humanity. They have it at suitable officer hours, ppl complain cause it's prime-time, they move it to the break of dawn, ppl complain cause it's middle of day n they got day off... If they were to move it to just before leaving the officer, people would complain anyway...

Also I highly doubt it would matter were the physical server would be located since it would still be operated by Zenimax n not who ever is hosting it in Frankfurt. SO basically when it goes down now it will most likely go down then. (See Planetside 2 all servers go down at same time no matter their physical location)

Sigh... There's no satisfying people.

- Mainteance should not be on holidays, it should not be between 14:00 - 00:00 ( normal play time ) yes im aware of different timezones. But gmt+0 , gmt+1 , gmt+2 .. is not much difference.

But when mainteance starts at 17:00 , thats kinda ***. And on public holidays / easter.. mah that sucks.

• Bangstin
    Bangstin
    ✭✭✭
    n3c wrote: »

- Mainteance should not be on holidays, it should not be between 14:00 - 00:00 ( normal play time ) yes im aware of different timezones. But gmt+0 , gmt+1 , gmt+2 .. is not much difference.

But when mainteance starts at 17:00 , thats kinda ***. And on public holidays / easter.. mah that sucks.

What are you talking about?

European Megaserver maintenance times.
    Tuesdays at 4:00am CEST (3:00am BST)
    Fridays at 4:00am CEST (3:00am BST)