Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When will eu server will come to eu ?

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daendur wrote: »
    I want a megaserver in my LAN !
    My ping must be <1ms or i cancel my sub!!!1!1!1oneone
    Do it now! Now!
    Did you forget that threatening to leave like that is enough to get you banned from the forums??
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nibs wrote: »
    And just to really brighten everyone's day:

Many people are claiming that they will or have quit due to this issue.

The suits @ ZOS will then look at the decreased subscriber numbers from Europe and decide that it is not financially viable to move the server to the EU, safe in the knowledge that anyone likely to quit over this will already have done so.

But, if we don't quit over this, those same suits will take that as tacit approval of the current situation and see no good reason to move the servers.

Basically, we're screwed whatever we do...
    How many times do I have to post this, the MMO population for Europe is over DOUBLE that of the US, so even if 50 percent of the EU population quits on this game, we will STILL have a higher population than the US. It will be financially possible and feasible to still move it, if they wait till AFTER more than 50 percent leave, then they are flat out stupid....

• neocomab16_ESO
    neocomab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    they are flat out stupid for not havign it done in the first place
  • IvorySamoan
    IvorySamoan
    ✭✭✭
    Starnes wrote: »
    I think what me and my Oceanic brethren are trying to say is this:

1) You are getting a Euro server DEFINITELY at some stage SOON.

2) In the meantime, you have to put up with what we deal with all of the time with no 'light at the end of the tunnel' for us, so to speak.

3) I am 100% on the side of the Euro server and the better playability it will provide our European brothers and sisters - but please bear in mind that your 'unplayable lag' and 'sub CANCELLED' comments irk us Oceanics, as you are basically saying that life 'as we know it' in Tamriel is unbearable, and this brothers and sisters, causes the ire from Oceanics on this thread.

If I lived in the Oceanic region I would not be playing this game, to me it would be unplayable for a sub fee, and I don't see how that can cause ire. If they showed some inkling of interest in the APAC region maybe I would play.

I don't mean to offend but you guys in the Oceanic region should be demanding more for yourselves, not jumping on the EU players for doing exactly what you should be doing.

Edit: Poster above got it right. If you guys demand better for your region I'm right there supporting you on it. Please don't sell yourselves short.

Mate... I get what you're trying to say but it just doesn't apply in this situation.

We know we haven't got the playerbase to keep a megaserver running, that is all good with us - we've got crocs and spiders the size of dinner plates to make up for that. We accept that for AvA games such as this, you need a constant big server pop, and the NA server provides this - and the ping to Texas is <200ms which is ok to play on (especially once you use Battleping or the like to kill lag spikes).

It is far from unplayable is what I'm trying to say, and plenty of Aussie/Kiwi Emperors/Top PvP'ers are proving that.

My main point is, be thankful that you are getting a definitive Euro based server in the near future, as we don't have that luxury, but still own despite these long term handicaps imposed on use due to geographical locale.

TL;DR - Be happy that you're eventually getting the hookup server-wise, enjoy the very much playable game for now, in your laggier interim.
    Just returning some video tapes.........
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for info, the game has been officially delayed on Xbox One and Playstation 4 now: http://elderscrollsonline.com/en-uk/news/post/2014/05/08/eso-on-consoles--update
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just for info, the game has been officially delayed on Xbox One and Playstation 4 now: http://elderscrollsonline.com/en-uk/news/post/2014/05/08/eso-on-consoles--update
    Well, at least all is not lost, they did throw them a bone at least. Even if it is a bone with a 6 month delay....>_<

• IvorySamoan
    IvorySamoan
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure what that has to do with this thread.. lol

Anyway, ZOS are:

1) Silly for not putting the EU server in the EU from the beginning (this perplexes me really)

2) Silly for not giving this more clarity to the community, it's a big deal.

3) GC's for making a game I love, so there's that :cold_sweat:
    Just returning some video tapes.........
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relationship = some people were saying (speculating) EU servers wouldn't move until console release.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Relationship = some people were saying (speculating) EU servers wouldn't move until console release.
    The game will be a graveyard if they wait until the console release now to move the EU servers.

• GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »
    The game will be a graveyard if they wait until the console release now to move the EU servers.

I believe tomorrow (when subs expire) we will know how many people will remain. I actually don't (entirely) correlate potential subscription erosion to server location. Like I've said before, I've played in the US and the game plays like *** there in PVP too.
    Edited by GossiTheDog on May 8, 2014 3:23PM
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I believe tomorrow (when subs expire) we will know how many people will remain. I actually don't (entirely) correlate potential subscription erosion to server location. Like I've said before, I've played in the US and the game plays like *** there in PVP too.
    It wont be everyone, but it will be a lot. It will be most of the Asian, African, and Russian players that will be gone as well as a lot of EU players, not tomorrow, but after three months most likely, because some will have patience like I do. Playing a FPS with 180 ms lag would get you kicked from the server. And combat in this game can be nearly just as fast paced as a FPS. But asking for a progress report on the status of the datacenter atm is not asking too much, they should have a completely different crew working on it, and they should have been working on it from the get go. If they say "OK NOW WE ARE STARTING" tomorrow, people will likely stay, but being as transparent as the KGB does not help.

• ensignedb16_ESO
    Here's to patience. There are single encounters in Cyrodiil that makes me want to continue playing, real epic ones, the joy of successfully assassinating a player 15 levels higher than me, lag-free, with a noticeable rebalancing after the last patch to boot (cf. bat and talon spams). There is a LOT of potential in this game, but yeah, as has been repeated already, at least an OUTLINE OF THE POSSIBLE TIMELINE for when this could possibly maybe happen (probably) would be appreciated. They grossly underestimate the importance of this, that much we can say. Post it officially on the official pages, then make a proper announcement in-game. Guaranteed frustration decrease by 90%, with a 999999999999999 secs cooldown.
  • Baerenknuddlerb16_ESO
    Console version has been delayed 6 months: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-08-looks-like-the-elder-scrolls-online-on-console-is-delayed

(Relevant as people were suggesting EU move may wait until console release).

I think it's their way to calm down EU-players. "Be happy you only have a delay of 0.5 to 1.0 second. Console players have a delay of 6 months!" ;)
  • Perseas
    Perseas
    ✭✭✭
    Perseas wrote: »
    Zolyok wrote: »
    Do Zeni is aware of the situation ?
    The server is really in pain, and i suspect that theres is no problem with the US server as usual.
    US server gets "Lag spikes" but they have no inherent latency issues. We get ridiculous lag spikes, rubber banding, and lots of inherent latency issues, they know about it from what I have been reading, and said will be implementing EU servers after craglorn is released....hopefully....

you wrong in that one, I can prove it with a video... When u click spells, they delay 1-2-3 seconds some times. And we also experience the instant kill effect, but I am sure its because of the latency. They hit us and we cant see it.
    But you don't have a consistent 160 - 600 ms lag. We do. We have that , plus the spikes and delays.
    •As for moving the EU servers, This is something that we continue to regularly evaluate and as soon as we can move on from fighting service attacks from gold farmers and fixing stability and server load issues, we’ll move the EU megaserver over to its European hosting center. There’s no exact timeline for this at the moment, but it will happen when things settle down.
    Which of course, is a ridiculous statement by ZOS.

What's there to evaluate? The EU server need to be in the EU, period. That's how all games with EU servers have it. Why? Because they are called EU servers, duh.

They will *never* get rid of gold sellers and stability/load issues will probably continue for years as it can always be improved upon. Lets not even begin to mention other fixes and balance issues.

Having "no exact timeline" just boggles the mind. Have they not set a date? Or at least a desired date, if nothing else go wrong?! How can they not have an exact timeline?!!?!?! For something that's an entire project on its own, getting a datacentre up and running... Its just madness not to have a timeline!

Or they are just lying out their arses, I dont know. I know I didnt like that answer one bit. Lots of lovely other things in the pipeline but that was not what I - nor anyone else in the EU I think - wanted to hear.
    Agreed, that statement bothered me quite a bit. It gave me hope that the datacenter is already built, but that is it.

And agreed about bots and goldsellers, its 2 and a half years after the SWTOR release and we still have them on there. And if I recall, WoW still has them 10 YEARS after release.....

Sorry I queted a wrong comment, I am dyslexic..hehehe

We do have a kind of severe problem, How do I see my ms? which command shall I type? Some times I even have 2-3 seconds delays.

edit: I google how to see it, I got 460 at this momment. In eu services I get 70-90 and some times 110.
    Edited by Perseas on May 8, 2014 5:56PM
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zolyok wrote: »
    Do Zeni is aware of the situation ?
    The server is really in pain, and i suspect that theres is no problem with the US server as usual.
    US server gets "Lag spikes" but they have no inherent latency issues. We get ridiculous lag spikes, rubber banding, and lots of inherent latency issues, they know about it from what I have been reading, and said will be implementing EU servers after craglorn is released....hopefully....

you wrong in that one, I can prove it with a video... When u click spells, they delay 1-2-3 seconds some times. And we also experience the instant kill effect, but I am sure its because of the latency. They hit us and we cant see it.
    But you don't have a consistent 160 - 600 ms lag. We do. We have that , plus the spikes and delays.
    •As for moving the EU servers, This is something that we continue to regularly evaluate and as soon as we can move on from fighting service attacks from gold farmers and fixing stability and server load issues, we’ll move the EU megaserver over to its European hosting center. There’s no exact timeline for this at the moment, but it will happen when things settle down.
    Which of course, is a ridiculous statement by ZOS.

What's there to evaluate? The EU server need to be in the EU, period. That's how all games with EU servers have it. Why? Because they are called EU servers, duh.

They will *never* get rid of gold sellers and stability/load issues will probably continue for years as it can always be improved upon. Lets not even begin to mention other fixes and balance issues.

Having "no exact timeline" just boggles the mind. Have they not set a date? Or at least a desired date, if nothing else go wrong?! How can they not have an exact timeline?!!?!?! For something that's an entire project on its own, getting a datacentre up and running... Its just madness not to have a timeline!

Or they are just lying out their arses, I dont know. I know I didnt like that answer one bit. Lots of lovely other things in the pipeline but that was not what I - nor anyone else in the EU I think - wanted to hear.
    Agreed, that statement bothered me quite a bit. It gave me hope that the datacenter is already built, but that is it.

And agreed about bots and goldsellers, its 2 and a half years after the SWTOR release and we still have them on there. And if I recall, WoW still has them 10 YEARS after release.....

Sorry I queted a wrong comment, I am dyslexic..hehehe

We do have a kind of severe problem, How do I see my ms? which command shall I type? Some times I even have 2-3 seconds delays.

edit: I google how to see it, I got 460 at this momment.
    Either you have the worst internet connection in the history of the earth....orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr you live in Alaska or Hawaii. That or you don't really live in the US. I would require a screen shot of your resource manager to believe that living in the US you have a higher ping than someone living across the entire planet.

Go to the start menu, under search programs and files, type Resource Monitor, Open resource monitor, Click on the Network tab, Expand TCP Connections and wait for the data to populate. Then you will see ESO.exe on the top of TCP connections, then you will see latency on the right hand side. Take a screen shot, then upload it. Also, in order to show you are REALLY living in the US, go to speedtest.net and do a speedtest and after take a screenshot so we can really see you are in the US. Then, and only then will I REALLY believe that you have triple the latency to the US servers living in the US, than I have to the US living in the EU.
    Edited by Jade1986 on May 8, 2014 6:04PM
  • Perseas
    Perseas
    ✭✭✭
    I live in EU - Greece and in an Island *** Island.... Islanders always have 20-40ms more than major cities in a country. Its because they got cables under the sea...
    Edited by Perseas on May 8, 2014 6:06PM
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I live in EU - Greece and in an Island *** Island.... Islanders always have 20-40ms more than major cities in a country.
    ACH SOOOOO!!!! Then I simply misunderstood you, I apologize good sir. I thought you were saying you live in the US and had that latency. Again, apologies. o:)

• Perseas
    Perseas
    ✭✭✭
    Zenimax is racists with my islands name? Le sbos this shouldnt be filtered. And yes, ladies took their name from my Island from an ancient poetress. And yes, I am a Le sbian guy... And its considered one of the most ancient lands on planet earth in mythology. And in ancients is also known as the island of God of wind (Aiolos) or AIgeas (i think u spell it as Egeas, also the sea in mediteranean area called as Aegean)
    Edited by Perseas on May 8, 2014 6:25PM
  • Ironclap
    Ironclap
    ✭✭
    We're just the beta testers for console release, so I guess at least 6 months away.
  • Perseas
    Perseas
    ✭✭✭
    I may pay them once, but I wont keep it up, till they fix things, things that shouldnt be an issue. I will lvl up 1 more character to veteran and if they dont bring into the EU, I will really think about it for a pause. If I buy a game, I support it and play it, but I always pausing when I feel I have to pause it for some period. My first character become veteran 10 yesterday with normal play, not like a maniac.

so it takes me up to 1 month (2-4 hours per day)
    Edited by Perseas on May 8, 2014 7:23PM
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't thinking of canceling the subscription. Yet due to recent events ( started playing Cyrodil for the last few days) I've changed my mind. My friends feel the same. You can't even try to play in Cyrodil during peak hours 9:00 CET and beyond because all you get is a frozen world and a couple of minutes later an error on the logging screen.

It's 2014 this is unacceptable.
  • Chanz
    Chanz
    ✭✭
    Already unsubscribed. Endured all issues, bugs, friends leaving. The "killing blow" was the "soon" and "no ETA at this time" for things which should have been in the game since day one, like EU server in EU. Cyrodil is unplayable at peak hours. Sometimes, if i leave cyrodil and log back in the next day (at peak hours) to do dungeons, i need 30 minutes to just log. Endless loading screens, unexpected errors etc.

Blockbuster... AAA game... WoW killer (for some people). My ass.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chanz wrote: »
    Blockbuster... AAA game... WoW killer (for some people).
    Um, AAA game is about funding not quality, it has to have a certain amount of money put into Game Development, Servers and Advertising (each one is an A for some reason). This game had the money put into these, so it is an AAA game.

AAA Game is never a reference to quality, please remember this.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • esoone
    esoone
    ✭✭✭
    Soon only rpers and bots wil be left on eu server. Massive lag every single day isnt really fun.
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance on EU tonight has been worst I've seen to date. Long loading screens, huge lag on sneak/fire/block/etc during big zergs - I'm talking over a minute (!) to do anything.
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since subscriptions start expiring tonight, I went to see how the community is managed at Planetside 2 from Sony.

Here's a post from the Chief Technology Officer for Sony about slow logins on one of the servers on Planetside 2 on their forums:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/briggs-after-action-report.185306/

Check out the responses.

There's a world of difference between communication at Sony Online, and Zenimax Online Studios.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since subscriptions start expiring tonight, I went to see how the community is managed at Planetside 2 from Sony.

Here's a post from the Chief Technology Officer for Sony about slow logins on one of the servers on Planetside 2 on their forums:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/briggs-after-action-report.185306/

Check out the responses.

There's a world of difference between communication at Sony Online, and Zenimax Online Studios.
    Yeah, that is about what I expect from CS or PR, not some Political statement like we have been getting from ZoS. I recommend you tag every ZoS employee including @ZOS_MattFiror‌ so he can see how PR is supposed to be handled.

• Snugenz
    Snugenz

Check out the responses.

It's a big difference alright, over here we get continuously thanked for the patience we supposedly have.

I'd like to trade being thanked for my now depleted patience for some actual useful info any day.

• Atreidus
    Atreidus
    ✭✭✭
    To quote the Devs: "If we cared about the Gold sellers". But then without you may notice it. Thats the plan. How? I dont tell and dont want to tell.
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First reply summed it up best, that's what you should be aiming for. And it's such a simple formula.
    "Full disclosure + honesty + message from higher-ups = trust and loyalty. Good job in this communication."
    Edited by Nazon_Katts on May 8, 2014 11:59PM
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"