Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Get prompted to authorize my machine but get no email with access code

• Mememe
    Mememe
    ✭✭
    When I finally get in....I get the above issue. What a rubbish game, you absolutely suck Zenimax. I'm contacting you for a refund.
  • Dorasmora
    Dorasmora
    Soul Shriven
    If it's not the lag it's the ridiculous bugs. Flawless launch my backside.
  • Artemis_X_
    Artemis_X_
    ✭✭✭
    meh, suggestions seem very much "its your fault" try again. thanks but no thanks
  • Dorasmora
    Dorasmora
    Soul Shriven
    What's the point @ZOS_JessicaFolsom? We can't actually log on once we've received the code due to unknown errors.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,
    Question: if all these folks were playing quite happily before you took the server down and then had login problems, just why do you suggest it's their PC or e-mail client that's the problem?

Several people without codes have said they have had codes in the past without problems, why should they suddenly have e-mail problems?

The numbers of people with this problem defies credibility ALL of them are suffering their own problems!

Really, posting boiler-plate CS text at this point in time is less than helpful, don't you think?

And you haven't explained why this was forced upon us in the first place.
    Edited by KerinKor on April 7, 2014 8:10PM
  • Mememe
    Mememe
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone,

For those of you encountering an issue with the one-time code, could you please try logging completely out of the game (close the client) and try again. If you are still unable to log in, please try these steps:

If the verification code is not working on the website, try one or more of the following steps:

1. Clear cache, delete cookies, and restart the browser.
    2. Disable Pop-Up blockers.
    3. Try a different browser.
    4. If possible, try to log into the website on a different computer.
    5. Copy/paste the code, and ensure the space before and after the code is deleted. Also ensure the space in the middle is there, in case there is a blank space in the actual code.

If the verification e-mail never arrives, try one or more of the following steps:

1. Check the spam folder
    2. If the address is from a Gmail account, check the Social and Promotion folders.
    3. If using a firewall or antivirus, disable these temporarily before requesting a new code.

You do realise people are getting the emails but they ARE BLANK.
  • Jeralrik
    Jeralrik
    ✭✭✭
    I had this issue just a few minutes ago brought launcher up and received the error Invalid Code & Unknown Error so ran repair of the program that took care of the Unknown Error but was still getting the Invalid Code.

Tried to use my code and said Invalid again and went to login here to the forums said it didn't recognize my account and asked me to create a account before posting.

Managed to get my account open and decided off the flip side I changed my Password and closed the ESO launcher, started it backup and managed to login with no error messages or Invalid Codes popping up. Maybe Zeni's way of saying change your PW more often.
  • codeasmaneb17_ESO
    codeasmaneb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I WILL WRITE AGAIN BUT WITH CAPS. LAUNCHER MADE DE UPDATE BUT THE VERSION STILL THE SAME I LOG AND AFTER, UNKNOWN ERROR SHOWS TO SAY "HELLO"
  • Mememe
    Mememe
    ✭✭
    Jeralrik wrote: »
    I had this issue just a few minutes ago brought launcher up and received the error Invalid Code & Unknown Error so ran repair of the program that took care of the Unknown Error but was still getting the Invalid Code.

Tried to use my code and said Invalid again and went to login here to the forums said it didn't recognize my account and asked me to create a account before posting.

Managed to get my account open and decided off the flip side I changed my Password and closed the ESO launcher, started it backup and managed to login with no error messages or Invalid Codes popping up. Maybe Zeni's way of saying change your PW more often.

That is a ridiculous justification for this mess.
  • bwilson.homeb16_ESO
    Did you just give us the scripted equivalent of "turn it off, and then turn it back on again" when it's blatantly obvious it's not a browser issue? LMAO
  • YEttisheep
    YEttisheep
    Soul Shriven
    Same here, along with they have been holding 15 bucks for 5 days now and won't void the charge
  • Shazz
    Shazz
    ✭✭
    I have been locked out of my account for over an hour now from the Authenticator Codes. It still says my client has been locked and to "wait 10 minutes"

Can you please acknowledge this issue and let us know if you are looking in to it?
  • Erlqueen
    Erlqueen
    I too thought I would not get to play tonight. I know my email account strips the code out of the verification emails but I changed my PW and also got straight into the account. May well be co-incidence but...
  • goldnugget
    goldnugget
    ✭✭✭
    well, looks like everyone's account has been disabled!
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Mememe wrote: »
    You do realise people are getting the emails but they ARE BLANK.

Thank you for this additional info, @Mememe. That's very helpful. Any chance we could see a screenshot?
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Shazz
    Shazz
    ✭✭
    I received an email, have the code, cannot get passed the "Client locked, please wait for 10 minutes" screen. Any update on this? It wont let me attempt to enter a code now for an hour and a half.
  • veger77503
    veger77503
    ✭✭
    Same here
  • Shazz
    Shazz
    ✭✭
    The game client is not even attempting to check credentials. I just typed in a random assortment of keys for the account name and password and it still tells me "Your game client has been locked, please wait 10 minutes." I suspect this status is not being checked/unflagged. Is there a file this might be in or a setting I could change? This screen is preventing me from even attempting to connect to the server with any account info.
  • Cara
    Cara
    Sure, I'm going to disable my anti-virus and my firewall on a PC that logged in perfectly all the time til now. After all, it's not like the internet is unsafe or anything, right?
    /sarcasm mode off
  • Vyrenn
    Vyrenn
    The launcher finally patched the client and I could log in ... BUT now I have to enter a code to authorize my machine... again... Fine, no problem I've done that before - I check my email and... nothing. Not in the spam-folder, nowhere to be found.
    have fun waiting ive been waiting since 8pm last night est time
  • Shazz
    Shazz
    ✭✭
    I just tried resetting router, still locked out. I tried connecting from a different internet source (nearby neighbors' wifi) and it is still locked out. Clearly the game is remembering something other than my IP address. It seems like this is a client side item that is not getting checked because it doesn't get passed this state to even try connecting to the server. Any ideas folks on files/settings to look for to change?
  • Jess_Raylot
    Jess_Raylot
    ✭✭
    I am receiving this same message and my email code was not working. I did all the fixes suggested and had no luck. I then tried to log into my account in my husbands computer and had no issues, logged in fine. We are using the same IP address and have our computers about four feet apart. It is my specific computer that will not log my account in. Crazy.
  • Shazz
    Shazz
    ✭✭
    I am trying something and will let you know if it helps. I deleted my "client" folder and am going to run a repair with the hopes whatever is flagging this error 207 will get deleted along with it. Will let you know if it helped in a few minutes.
  • Erlqueen
    Erlqueen
    I was in, got giddy, checked this thread again, made cup of tea, came back - kicked for inactivity.

Now character will not load because of an unknown error.

/find pointy stick
    /locate own eyeball
    /insert pointy stick

/end
  • Zielijiek
    Zielijiek
    ✭✭✭
    Error 207!
    Let fate be your guide.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Artemis_X_ wrote: »
    meh, suggestions seem very much "its your fault" try again. thanks but no thanks

Certainly not the intent, Artemis. We're just trying to cover all our bases with troubleshooting as we look into the root cause.

Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Truviel
    Truviel
    Soul Shriven
    Hello,
    I had similar problem with verification code.(Didn't get it in time and codes goes unusefull after few tries.)
    But now i can log in to the game. (game dont ask for verification code..)
    Im in Public dungeon and when i try to zone out i get unknow error.
    Any advice?
  • Shazz
    Shazz
    ✭✭
    Well this didn't work, its still remembering something else. Doesn't seem to be IP address or anything that was in the "Client" folder... any ideas on what else to try removing?
  • Shazz
    Shazz
    ✭✭
    I can even log in fine to the EU server but not the NA server. There must be something in one of the NA folder files....
  • Shazz
    Shazz
    ✭✭
    Can we get a ZOS acknowledgement of the Error 207 issue please @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ?