Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shadowfen quests.

• Xal
    Xal
    Same for me, 61/62. Run through the whole map, check every caves... spent to many time for only 1 quest, just come back later ;)
    Edited by Xal on April 14, 2014 12:22PM
  • DaemonMutt
    60/62 here. Grabbed the list of quests, back tracked every one of them. All finished, no quest icon anywhere on map. Tho odd icons above heads in Hatching Pools. Assuming that there must be a bug and some quests are not counting toward the total, even tho they have been finished, or were not granted because of the horrendous quest chaining in this zone.
  • thilog
    thilog
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry I logged out.. thought you'd want to find the quest.. Crocodile King "isn't a quest" it's one of those silly cave places where you run in, kill the mob and it says "Quest complete - you killed the crocodile king" or something.

directions in post above.. as i've just noticed..
    Edited by thilog on April 14, 2014 2:36PM
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    thilog wrote: »
    Sorry I logged out.. thought you'd want to find the quest.. Crocodile King "isn't a quest" it's one of those silly cave places where you run in, kill the mob and it says "Quest complete - you killed the crocodile king" or something.

directions in post above.. as i've just noticed..

That is not a quest. That is an achievement. Every torch dungeon offers an achievement for killing the final boss and those completed dungeon achievements do not count towards the number of quests completed for the Shadowfen quests achievement. Some dungeons may have quests associated with them and some do not.

• TheRealDoc
    TheRealDoc
    ✭✭✭
    DaemonMutt wrote: »
    60/62 here. Grabbed the list of quests, back tracked every one of them. All finished, no quest icon anywhere on map. Tho odd icons above heads in Hatching Pools. Assuming that there must be a bug and some quests are not counting toward the total, even tho they have been finished, or were not granted because of the horrendous quest chaining in this zone.

To be honest, I thought this and I proved myself wrong when I went from 56 to 62 between Friday night and Sunday evening. I also have NPC's that show up with group icons, but none of it made a difference. I also have mercenaries in west stormhold. I literally spent hours roaming the map looking for new quests.

There are 4 quests that I know of inside interiors: The Arx group dungeon is one and there are two quests in Lorealis (sp?). The fourth was a slightly confusing one to make an antidote for a dead Orcs daughter which was in a public dungeon.
    Every other quest was found on the map somewhere. I've put a list from Reddit of commonly missed quests on the last page.

I will say though, I was stuck at 61/62 for about 8 hours and it wasn't until I had a glass of wine and just went riding (cruising) the roads semi randomly that I found the last one.

The best advice I could give is to go do half a dozen quests in another zone to clear your head and make you like the game a bit more. Then look at the missable quest list I put on the last page and cross them off. if you are still stuck then I would print out a map and go and ride every road, marking it off as you go.

I thought it was horribly bugged, filed support tickets, got a very annnoyed and then found out it is possible. It's a pain in the backside that there is not any excess of quests, but it is possible.
    Edited by TheRealDoc on April 14, 2014 3:26PM
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheRealDoc wrote: »
    I hate to quote myself, but a couple of people have asked:

My last quest was Missing Son in the little village in the far south east called Percolating Mire.

Also, these tips on easily missable quests from "oldbushie" on reddit were invaluable to me:

Catch The Lightning (SE of Chid Moska)
    A Final Release (Sunscale Strand)
    A Life Of Privilege (E of Camp Crystal Abattoir)
    A Poisoned Heart (S of Hatching Pools Wayshrine)
    Vigil's End (W side of Loriasel interior)
    The Swamp's Embrace (E side of Loriasel interior)

Did these all.
  • Anzaman
    Anzaman
    ✭✭✭
    Just reached Shadowfen on my second character and completed Mercenaries quest, nothing popped up later. And since we have had 4 tries since launch, I'm starting to believe that such quest never made to live.

Hopefully this time I won't need to complete the dungeon to reach the Quest achievement.
    Nilene Nightsky - Healer Warden
    Niomia Nightsky - Stamina Nightblade
    Ebonheart Pact (EU) Veteran: 10 - CP: 101
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello sixty-oners. I know lots of folks have spent many hours searching the whole of Shadowfen over and over and have completed all of the"hard to find quests" posted so far. Whether it is possibly because of not getting pointer quests at the start of a chain or maybe because of not getting credit in the achievement list (like some of us haven't for closing a dark anchor or defeating the giant and mammoth boss in East March, etc), it can be really frustrating. I myself am missing one and don't see any quests in the lists of 64 out there look unknown/incomplete, so I can't explain why some get stuck one quest short. But at least for some players it can be done, and you might be one of them, so don't forget to share where and when you find that last quest and get that hard earned achievement.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • DaemonMutt
    TheRealDoc wrote: »
    DaemonMutt wrote: »

To be honest, I thought this and I proved myself wrong when I went from 56 to 62 between Friday night and Sunday evening. I also have NPC's that show up with group icons, but none of it made a difference. I also have mercenaries in west stormhold. I literally spent hours roaming the map looking for new quests.

There are 4 quests that I know of inside interiors: The Arx group dungeon is one and there are two quests in Lorealis (sp?). The fourth was a slightly confusing one to make an antidote for a dead Orcs daughter which was in a public dungeon.
    Every other quest was found on the map somewhere. I've put a list from Reddit of commonly missed quests on the last page.

I will say though, I was stuck at 61/62 for about 8 hours and it wasn't until I had a glass of wine and just went riding (cruising) the roads semi randomly that I found the last one.

The best advice I could give is to go do half a dozen quests in another zone to clear your head and make you like the game a bit more. Then look at the missable quest list I put on the last page and cross them off. if you are still stuck then I would print out a map and go and ride every road, marking it off as you go.

I thought it was horribly bugged, filed support tickets, got a very annnoyed and then found out it is possible. It's a pain in the backside that there is not any excess of quests, but it is possible.

Already stated that I grabbed the list of all 62 quests and back tracked every single one of them and still nothing. The group dungeon would make it 61 but still wont make it finished. The public dungeon Orc quest and the 2 from the storyline dungeon have already been accounted for. No quest icons are turning up on my map when I retraced my quest chains.

• Quaesivi
    Quaesivi
    ✭✭✭
    I've checked and rechecked from the list of 64 Shadowfen quests on what I might have possibly missed. 1 quest is claimed to be removed from the game, 1 quest, Eyes of the Enemy, nobody knows what that one is so I assume that one is also removed, leaving us with 62 quests. I did every damn quest EXCEPT the one quest that Vicecanon Servyna gives that should lead me to the pirate zone (Alten Corimont). However the issue is, I've completed the zone before taking that quest from Servyna, therefore gimping me from 1 quest forever due to having an exact number of quests tied to the achievement. So don't come to me with saying -Oh go to the road less traveled, there are quests there-, I did them all and I'm sure many people too. In -The Rift- area, even if you complete a zone, you STILL get the quest that leads you to that zone (at least I did a couple times) but in the Shadowfen area, it is impossible.
    Edited by Quaesivi on April 15, 2014 4:07AM
  • Mace
    Mace
    ✭✭
    60/62 and I want to dieeeee..
    I've read through this entire thread twice and have done everythinggg

Taking a break from shadowfen and going back to vet content for a bit
    Masce
  • kirrasha
    kirrasha
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I've checked all the places posted in this thread aswell, and taken every road possible on the map, and just nothing.

Currently in Deshaan with my 2nd character, and not looking forward to Shadowfen again...
  • A0rx
    A0rx
    ✭✭
    Patch coming and no fixes for shadowfen... i guess thius chacater screwed up, and i never able to et my ebonpact hero=/
  • inf.toniceb17_ESO
    inf.toniceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. 61 of 62, didnt get quest that should have lead me from hatching pools to pirates. I have explored every square meter of shadowfen and every its dungeon. There is no quests left to do.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To give everyone an idea of how broken this achievement is, I obtained the Eastmarch Quests achievement last night while having 3 unfinished quests in my journal and another 4-5 quests I have not received yet. The Shadowfen Quests achievement should be set somewhere in the 54-56 range if Eastmarch is any indication.

All of the Shadowfen quests I am missing are ones where an NPC sends you to another NPC in a different location. I am missing 3 of those.

There is a level 24 quest in Stormhold where a disagreement exists between an Argonian and a Nord about hunting beasts to collect ingredients for a feast. The quest is Shadowfen Smorgasbord. If you pick up this quest, there are a couple of options for it with one of them being to travel to distant parts of Shadowfen for the ingredients. Do not complete this portion of the quest if you have not already completed the later quests which send you to the other areas. I would save this quest for last or choose the option to side with the Argonian, which may not send you to unexplored areas of the map, thus breaking future quests.
    Edited by LonePirate on April 15, 2014 12:22PM
  • Smogg
    Smogg
    ✭✭
    Just leaving a note here to let you know I did all I could find here and I printed out esohead maps (which are still missing quests) and checked every quest location including the dungeons. I travelled all the roads and I revisited every quest hub as well. I ran around the outskirts of the map and within.

I am stuck at 61 quests.

Of course my wife managed to complete with 62 quests, and though we have worked together to locate everything missing, this last quest seems impossible to find for me, especially since I still have not figured which quest I missed or lost along the way. I can't even file a proper bug report to get it fixed when I don't know what's missing.

The only thing I can say that where I took the quests clockwise, she did them counter clockwise. Furthermore she is less prone to using intimidate than I am.

I'm playing the European server btw.

Good luck all
  • powned
    powned
    Considering this is the largest thread in the Ebonheart Pact section can we not get some dialogue going between the player base and Zenimax? Hearing, "go explore" everytime its brought up at this point is extremely frustrating after doing it for hours upon hours...
  • blackgryf
    blackgryf
    Soul Shriven
    61/62 here. I have again spent a lot of time running around Shadowfen and no new quests. The bug with my quests I think has to do with the Mnemic Egg quest. If go talk to Vicecanon Servyna she says "What of the Mnemic Egg?" and Assistant Telixith has a NPC icon over her head. Those of you who have completed 62/62 does Assistant Telixith have a NPC icon over her head?
  • Lescart
    Lescart
    ✭✭
    I have 61/62 Quets :-(
    Lescart - Magier - PvP Gilde: Blutlied
  • Anzaman
    Anzaman
    ✭✭✭
    Anzaman wrote: »
    Hopefully this time I won't need to complete the dungeon to reach the Quest achievement.
    Aaand reached 62 Quests upon completing Mnemic egg -quest.

Did everything the same way, expect that I cleared north-western part before going to Vice-cannon Hrondar. :\
    Nilene Nightsky - Healer Warden
    Niomia Nightsky - Stamina Nightblade
    Ebonheart Pact (EU) Veteran: 10 - CP: 101
  • TheRealDoc
    TheRealDoc
    ✭✭✭
    blackgryf wrote: »
    61/62 here. I have again spent a lot of time running around Shadowfen and no new quests. The bug with my quests I think has to do with the Mnemic Egg quest. If go talk to Vicecanon Servyna she says "What of the Mnemic Egg?" and Assistant Telixith has a NPC icon over her head. Those of you who have completed 62/62 does Assistant Telixith have a NPC icon over her head?

Sorry chap, yes She does for me 62/62 :(
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    I take a LOT of screenshots as I play. I have screenshots to confirm I've done every quest in Shadowfen except for the following:

Bound to the Bog
    Eyes of the Enemy (Not currently in the game)
    Hushed Whispers
    Lost to the Mire (I think I did this, but don't have screenshots)
    Overrun
    Unwelcome Guests (I did it, but don't get Complete due to mercenary bug)
    What Happened at Murkwater

Now I may have done any of these, but just didn't have screenshots for them is all. However, even after doing the group dungeon quest I am stuck at 60/62.

I believe some of these quests were possible to skip, going to a quest stage after it, and then you can never get the quest. For example, "Bound to the Bog" says"
    "...and find Gerent Saervild Steel-Wind"
    but in "Saving The Relics" I killed him, so obviously can't do "Bound to the Bog" now, assuming it's one of the ones I'm missing.

Also, "Hushed Whispers" description is:
    I've found a scroll bearing marks from the Aldmeri Dominion. It details a series of unsolved murders in Stormhold.

I should inform Vicecanon Hrondar that the Aldmeri Dominion is aware of the murders.
    I've done the Stormhold murder quest, but I don't recall this step leading to it. Again, I think this is a quest that's possible to skip and then never get in your completed quests list.

The description for "Overrun" is:
    The Aldmeri Dominion has set up a staging area south of Hissmir in a fishing village called Murkwater.

I should look for Silent-Moss near and see how I can help him. I was told the fishing village is just southeast of Hissmir.
    Currently, Silent-Moss stands in the middle of Murkwater with friends around a campfire and responds to me as if I did a quest with him. But I don't recall doing this quest that took you to him. Again, I think this is a quest that can be skipped ahead of and then missed forever.

The description for "What Happened at Murkwater" is:
    Pale-Heart wants me to take word of our accomplishments to Hissmir.

I should go to Hissmir, northwest of Murkwater. I need to find Azinar.
    I've gone to Hissmir and done the quests there, so once again this might be a quest to take you there that's possible to skip and then not be able to get after.

!!! ADMINS LISTEN UP !!! - I have screenshots that I've done ALL OTHER QUESTS NOT LISTED HERE! I am stuck at 60/62 even after doing the group dungeon quest. Therefore two or more (more likely more) quests of the 4 quests I've detailed are possible to skip and then become permanently missable. And "Unwelcome Guests" also needs resolving.

PLEASE pay attention to what I've written and use this information to fix things so we can finish Shadowfen and get our Achievement.
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    And for those people who got 62/62 and say it's possible, remember, the problem is with quests that are possible to skip ahead of, and then you're never able to do the earlier steps and get your quest counts for them. So if you did the earlier steps whereas somebody else didn't, those are quests you got that the other person will NEVER be able get.
  • Winterstrife
    Winterstrife
    ✭✭✭
    Sadae wrote: »
    And for those people who got 62/62 and say it's possible, remember, the problem is with quests that are possible to skip ahead of, and then you're never able to do the earlier steps and get your quest counts for them. So if you did the earlier steps whereas somebody else didn't, those are quests you got that the other person will NEVER be able get.

Yes, this is a huge problem for alot of us I would assume, arriving at a new locale without getting the quest that leads us into the area & completing that area's quest would meant that there is no way any of us would have gotten the quest even if the zone had 2 more quests than what was required for the achievement.

Again I emphasize that either they open up Hei-Halai quests (I'm still hoping the reason they remove it was for a later patch which might tie in to whatever storyline that would be added in, etc Shadowscale/Dark Brotherhood relation) or reduce the number of quests required for the achievement so that this is in-line with the other zones as well (which have 3-5 more quests than require for the achievement).

Also, interesting thing to note is that having done almost all of the quests in The Rift I'm also stuck with one achievement away from the 68 quest completed requirements. But I still have 1 more public dungeon quest to complete (which is bugged to hell) & the dungeon one undone, given what I experienced in Shadowfen I was kinda worried it might turn out the same way in The Rift.
    "Three voices as one shouted BLOOD FOR THE PACT!" - Three Hearts As One by Malukah
    S'trife | VR14 | Khajiit Nightblade | Ebonheart Pact
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It seems the breadcrumb skipping is what bugged me over.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Sadae Your list of missing quests exactly matches my list of missing quests.

Shadowfen is in desperate need of a reduction in the number of quests required for the achievement or it needs some new (or old) quests enabled to prevent and resolve this problem.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ How many posts does this thread need to reach before ZOS addresses or acknowledges this problem? Is there a threshold which triggers an official response?
  • powned
    powned
    Just keep exploring....
  • Winterstrife
    Winterstrife
    ✭✭✭
    powned wrote: »
    Just keep exploring....

Not sure if you even bothered reading through the first 6 pages, but everybody here (mostly those at 61/62) have spent hours, days even just trying to find that elusive last quest, I myself dedicated an hour each day for the past week to see if anything unbugged or missed out, even had a list to tick off the areas I was sure that I completed my quests. So yeah... sure just keep exploring -.-
    "Three voices as one shouted BLOOD FOR THE PACT!" - Three Hearts As One by Malukah
    S'trife | VR14 | Khajiit Nightblade | Ebonheart Pact
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    powned wrote: »
    Just keep exploring....

Not sure if you even bothered reading through the first 6 pages...

It was almost certainly a joke. >:)

But wasn't that the actual response someone got from customer service? Good generic advice I suppose if a specific problem isn't identified on their end, but likely frustrating for those who've been doing just that over and over.

Edited by tinythinker on April 15, 2014 10:32PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone, thanks for the reports. We're currently investigating all quests in Shadowfen and the achievements, and looking to see if anything is amiss.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post