Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shadowfen quests.

• PVT_Parts
    PVT_Parts
    ✭✭✭
    I submitted a ticket and they told me not every player is able to get the achievement and that it will be fixed in a patch soon.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got it by doing _every_ overworld and dungeon quest, including Arx Corinium
  • Nick Altman
    Nick Altman
    Soul Shriven
    PVT_Parts wrote: »
    I submitted a ticket and they told me not every player is able to get the achievement and that it will be fixed in a patch soon.

I am stuck at 61/62. All day yesterday was tracking the quests. Got to 61 but can find another one. Did all the recommended rare quests. Not sure how someone says there are 67 quests in total. Is it ok to offer in game coin to someone who will help me to find a missing quest?

• Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this in another zone, but I've discovered quests after getting the quest achievement for the zone. So the situation could be even worse than you think. I gather most people think that the achievement is for getting all of the quests. It appears that isn't always the case.
  • Ultra55371
    Ultra55371
    Soul Shriven
    @SilverWF

"But I did it with special quest tracking addon and here is missing quests list" What add on is this and where did you get it from?
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good news: With the new patch, only 51 quests are needed now to obtain the achievement.

Bad news: The new patch resets all quest count achievements to 0, even the ones you had previously earned.

Barring a hot fix, this achievement is still not obtainable for most people.
    Edited by LonePirate on May 22, 2014 7:28PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We're looking into the resetting issue now, @LonePirate.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Good news: With the new patch, only 51 quests are needed now to obtain the achievement.

Bad news: The new patch resets all quest count achievements to 0, even the ones you had previously earned.

Where are you seeing this information? Because it's not in the official Patch Notes v1.1.2.

And if what you say is true, can you please elaborate on the "bad news" because I really don't understand what you mean.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We're looking into the resetting issue now, @LonePirate.

Thank you for the update! Please let your QA Director know that some of us empathize with the work load and stress he/she faces every day. I am currently employed in software QA so I understand the situation. I am sure the team is giving it their all.
    Edited by LonePirate on May 22, 2014 7:37PM
  • KraidenDove
    KraidenDove
    ✭✭
    ....All of the quest areas have been reset to 0. Well, at least everyone has the problem now and we don't have to prove it exists. TAKE THAT PEOPLE THAT CALLED US INSANE. lol I'm just glad they lowered all of the quest zones. DC hero was impossible to get as well.
    Edited by KraidenDove on May 23, 2014 7:09AM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, I'm glad it happened to other people too, as I was so angry to look at my achievements and see that I am 0/0 for Stonefalls, Deshaan, and Shadowfen. It's bad enough being one of the 61/62 folks and waiting for this stupid patch to fix it and then find all your hard earned work in two previous regions to be completely wiped out. I really hope it doesn't take them over a month to fix this one!
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on May 23, 2014 12:16AM
  • Metacon
    Metacon
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes. big fun.

Before the patch, I had every ebonheart achievement completed, except shadowfen which was stuck at 61/62.

Now I have NOT A SINGLE ebonheart pact achievement anymore because ALL of them have been reset to 0. Inluding the shadowfen one which now sits at 0/51.

From bad to worse.
    Any barbarian can lead a mob - but a paladin will turn a mob into an army.
    Emerald Security Blog
    "I used to be a PvE adventurer like you - but then I took a 'veteran content' to my knee."
    "I used to be a PvP adventurer like you - but then I took patch 1.2.3 to my knee."
  • stungateb14_ESO
    stungateb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If everyone in this thread thats stuck on Shadowfen quests would just go to their accounts page and hit cancel subscription if even for a couple of days I think ZOS would get the picture, stop *** around and fix the game, kind of picture. And this closed testing *** needs to stop we are paying customers let everyone with a damn subscription test the game we're paying for your in-house tester obviously suck at what they do or worse purposely allowing crap code to be released.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If everyone in this thread thats stuck on Shadowfen quests would just go to their accounts page and hit cancel subscription if even for a couple of days I think ZOS would get the picture, stop *** around and fix the game, kind of picture. And this closed testing *** needs to stop we are paying customers let everyone with a damn subscription test the game we're paying for your in-house tester obviously suck at what they do or worse purposely allowing crap code to be released.

I doubt it. Fewer subs = less income = fewer people/less talent to fix things. Besides, they did work on the issue and as per their previous statement they did include the solution to the Shadowfen achievement with the Craglorn update.

The problem now is a new and different issue globally affecting the resetting of (completion) achievements. And given that achievements issues don't directly affect game play, I am not expecting to them to be as high of a priority as the efforts to fix potentially game-breaking things like the massive memory leak, infinite loading screens, the accidental buffing of VR mobs, etc, which have been the major focus of emergency patching the last couple of days. That is most likely where any actual concern over lost subs would lie if there is any. Given that, it's actually pretty surprising to see that the new achievements reset issue, which should allow the Shadowfen fix to work, is already being dealt with.

Anyway I'm glad to see that the Shadowfen issue was indeed dealt with, as the reason I popped by this thread again is that I have another character starting that zone. I had come to get the info on how to avoid being stuck at 61/62 again, but now I don't have to remember the specific order we worked out in order to get the quest completion achievement.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Ruddertail
    Ruddertail
    ✭✭✭
    I can't actually find any more quests in Shadowfen after the update. Where exactly were the previously missable quests?

(Yeah I know the achievement stuff's broken, but I'd still like to do those quests)
  • stungateb14_ESO
    stungateb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I doubt it. Fewer subs = less income = fewer people/less talent to fix things. Besides, they did work on the issue and as per their previous statement they did include the solution to the Shadowfen achievement with the Craglorn update.

The problem now is a new and different issue globally affecting the resetting of (completion) achievements. And given that achievements issues don't directly affect game play, I am not expecting to them to be as high of a priority as the efforts to fix potentially game-breaking things like the massive memory leak, infinite loading screens, the accidental buffing of VR mobs, etc, which have been the major focus of emergency patching the last couple of days. That is most likely where any actual concern over lost subs would lie if there is any. Given that, it's actually pretty surprising to see that the new achievements reset issue, which should allow the Shadowfen fix to work, is already being dealt with.

Anyway I'm glad to see that the Shadowfen issue was indeed dealt with, as the reason I popped by this thread again is that I have another character starting that zone. I had come to get the info on how to avoid being stuck at 61/62 again, but now I don't have to remember the specific order we worked out in order to get the quest completion achievement.

To late its already happening people are leaving in droves whether or not they cancelled is unknown they simply are not playing. Every guild(300+) I'm in the roster is almost empty every day so if this type of playing behavior is normal in only 1/10 the guilds its a huge problem.

Anyone with rudimentary knowledge of programming knows when confronted with a programming glitch you first diagnosis the glitch then prioritize its fix and any unintended consequences associated with its change but as we know achievements are at least in their current state are superficial and have no affect on game play they're basically an extension of the UI therefore opening up the text editor in their debug tool and simply changing x/y values then recompiling all 256kb if that and applying a patch. Instead they deescalate its fix by over valuing their original solution which was obviously tracking down where the bug in the zones quest chain was occurring and trying to find a solution which was over valued because as previously stated achievements should never be prioritized for fixes and the fastest easiest solution should their single main priority.

Which bears the question. Why have a quest sequence and market the game "play the way you want" and a load screen stating "sometimes just take off in any direction quests are everywhere".

To say any fix for achievements is low priority is folly. For example say you have 50 low priority glitches with quests and achievements and 1 high priority lets use bash. Bash only effected pvp players which has always been a small subset of players but achievements effect everybody to a varying degree with the aforementioned prioritization method you focus on easy solutions that has no direct game play impact and in the process you make everybody have a sense of the game being fixed to varying degrees but instead they focused on bash which only effected the small subset of players that impacted the game and look at the mess you have now.

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To late its already happening people are leaving in droves ...

Anyone with rudimentary knowledge of programming knows when confronted with a programming glitch you first ...

To say any fix for achievements is low priority is folly...

... and look at the mess you have now.

It sounds just a bit like you are less worried about the Shadowfen issue and more so about the common complaints some players are regularly making on the forums about Zenimax: how the game is failing, why they are incompetent, etc. That's your choice, and you may be right, but I'm just following this thread to keep up with the status of the Shadowfen fix.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadae wrote: »
    LonePirate wrote: »

Where are you seeing this information? Because it's not in the official Patch Notes v1.1.2.

And if what you say is true, can you please elaborate on the "bad news" because I really don't understand what you mean.

I have a newer character going through Shadowfen and the achievement is listed now at 51quests.

Edit: And there it is! My new character has unlocked the Shadowfen Adventurer achievement.
    Edited by tinythinker on May 27, 2014 2:40AM

• Winterstrife
    Winterstrife
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I saw the 51 quest requirement change as well, however my character wasn't rewarded the achievement retrospectively :/
    @ZOS_GinaBruno will this be fixed?
    Or do I have to try & get the achievement on another character?
    Edited by Winterstrife on May 27, 2014 2:44PM
    "Three voices as one shouted BLOOD FOR THE PACT!" - Three Hearts As One by Malukah
    S'trife | VR14 | Khajiit Nightblade | Ebonheart Pact
  • Petros
    Petros
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I saw the 51 quest requirement change as well, however my character wasn't rewarded the achievement retrospectively :/
    @ZOS_GinaBruno will this be fixed?
    Or do I have to try & get the achievement on another character?

Lord have mercy, I hope we get the achv for doing 60/61 quests, cause the quests are completed so we have no hope in going back to re-do 51 quests are are already completed.

Unless they actually will give players that did 51/61 of the quests, we have no hope in getting that achv.

"Our light will bring the dawning of a new hope!" ~ Petros Fordring -The Order of Mundus
    - VR16 Imperial Dragonknight (DC -NA) & The One Handed Tank
  • Petros
    Petros
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm that this is a bad bug. I was 60/61 before the Patch, after the patch, 0/51. FOUND the last quest in Arx, which would have put me at 61/61 if I had found it before, BUT now it's 1/51. And there are no other quests I can do, No quest icons pop up. This really sucks. I would have had the Hero Pact Achv, but nooo.
    "Our light will bring the dawning of a new hope!" ~ Petros Fordring -The Order of Mundus
    - VR16 Imperial Dragonknight (DC -NA) & The One Handed Tank
  • stungateb14_ESO
    stungateb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Retroactivily means to ZOS wipe your progress and start over.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hehe, I would have earned Pact Hero with my new character, but that one lost credit for the Stonefalls quests due to the new bug. So the achievement slips away again :P Oh well, it will be fixed eventually.

Edit: Actually I did get it after defeating Sinmur. Even though the one achievement for Stonefalls says it isn't unlocked, it does list it as completed under the list of requirements for the Hero of the Ebonheart Pact achievement.

Edit #2: I looked it up on my original character and the list of requirements for Hero of the Ebonheart Pact still has all zones but Shadowfen checked off despite the fact that individually those completed zones are greyed out as incomplete achievements. In other words, the "loss" of individual zone adventure completions seems to be cosmetic for the Achievement screen. The game still has them ticked somewhere as done. Which means the Shadowfen fix is not current operating retroactively.
    Edited by tinythinker on May 30, 2014 8:08PM

• JoeNelly
    JoeNelly
    Soul Shriven
    Am I missing something?? Can someone explain to me why I'm not even seeing that there's 62 quests in Shadowfen?
  • JoeNelly
    JoeNelly
    Soul Shriven
    image_zpsqrtsmhho.jpg
  • Winterstrife
    Winterstrife
    ✭✭✭
    @JoeNelly because you necro-ed a thread that has been over a year ago? Shadowfen quests has already been patch from 62 quests to 51 quests needed for the achievement.
    "Three voices as one shouted BLOOD FOR THE PACT!" - Three Hearts As One by Malukah
  • JoeNelly
    JoeNelly
    Soul Shriven
    Don't really need the attitude dickhead, I didn't read how old the post was.
  • Winterstrife
    Winterstrife
    ✭✭✭
    @JoeNelly don't get your panties in a bunch over your own incompetence.