Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shadowfen quests.

• LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Thank you for your response! Hopefully your team will be able to uncover something.
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm stuck at 61/62 cleared every dungeon, been through every road, roamed the map for HOURS
    Zavus - Khajiit Nightblade EP | AR 50
    Zāv - Imperial Templar | AR 24
    Zavbags - Argonian Nightblade EP | AR 19
    Zabus - Redguard Nightblade DC | AR 13
    Negate Three - Breton Sorcerer EP | AR 19
  • powned
    powned
    Thank you!
  • EroeSenzaNome
    Guys this is not bugged i've finished NOW (62/62)

Sorry for my bad eng but i want to help!!
    I've roamed for HOURS remaining stucked at 60/62!!
    This is because ALL icon in my map was WHITE!
    BUT THERE ARE 2 ENTRANCES IN LORIASEL! I was sure to made all quest but and it was correct, in the first entrance.
    Enter in the second and go left and right for the last 2 quest: Vigil Ends, The swamp's embrace!

Thank for all! I couldn't have done it without this post!!

Now i think is right this difficulty, now the title Pact Hero has much more value :-)
    Edited by EroeSenzaNome on April 16, 2014 12:17AM
  • powned
    powned
    wheres the second entrance?
  • EroeSenzaNome
    pjdv.png
  • powned
    powned
    I only see one entrance.... the one in red.... blue has no entrance....
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    powned wrote: »
    I only see one entrance.... the one in red.... blue has no entrance....

I mentioned this earlier in the thread but it is worth repeating :) . It isn't a second entrance. When you go in, the main quest is straight ahead but there is also a quest to the left and one to the right through side passages. However, many folks stuck on 61 have already completed those.

Edited by tinythinker on April 16, 2014 12:39AM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • powned
    powned
    I am one of those people :(
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys i've finished NOW (62/62)

Sorry for my bad eng but i want to help!!

Thank for all! I couldn't have done it without this post!!

Your English is fine, and congratulations on getting to 62!

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • EroeSenzaNome
    Ty, so, try to see this map:

4zf2.png

I remember to made 2 strange quest, one in which i had to capture 2 clouds of poison, and another where the person that gave the quest jumping in and out of the swamp. I don't remember WHERE these quests were SRY .-.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have already completed Vigil's End and The Swamp's Embrace and I am still unable to reach 62. While some people are missing those two quests, I am not one of them. I think there are others in the same situation as me.
  • kirrasha
    kirrasha
    ✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    I have already completed Vigil's End and The Swamp's Embrace and I am still unable to reach 62. While some people are missing those two quests, I am not one of them. I think there are others in the same situation as me.

Yep, I'm in the same situation. I completed all the quests that have been mentioned in this thread, and still sitting on 61/62.
    Really hope ESO find the missing links somewhere.
  • MelinaPerez
    Just to add to and agree with what many on here are saying.

The list of problematic/missing quests appears to have a lot of overlap for most people here. Some of these quests may no longer exist, some may be impossible to pick up due to bugs or "pick-a-direction-and-explore" breaking breadcrumbs.

I keep 2 checklists for quests running, based upon esohead/elderscrollsonline.info.

They are as follows:

*Bound to the Bog (Mud tree village? linked to merc bug?)
    Children of the Hist
    *Eyes of the Enemy
    *Hushed Whispers
    Overrun
    What Happened at Murkwater

* These seem to get mentioned as missing a lot in this thread.

It is my opinion that the zone achievement target needs to be adjusted to either 58 or 60, most probably 58 in order to keep it in line with other zones' margins of extra quests.
  • powned
    powned
    Where does one acquire the quest, "Overrun" ?
  • dermottib14_ESO
    dermottib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    How bout investigating The main story line quest that really matters. You know the one that prevent you from progressing to veteren content.

Why on earth would you even consider fixing optional quests before GAMEBREAKING ones?
  • Winterstrife
    Winterstrife
    ✭✭✭
    How bout investigating The main story line quest that really matters. You know the one that prevent you from progressing to veteren content.

Why on earth would you even consider fixing optional quests before GAMEBREAKING ones?

I believe there is a thread for that & it was mentioned by Zenimax rep that its being looked at. This thread is for the Shadowfen achieve so don't come in here with your anger on a totally unrelated matter. Sorry I don't have any links but a quick forum search should direct you to that thread.
    "Three voices as one shouted BLOOD FOR THE PACT!" - Three Hearts As One by Malukah
    S'trife | VR14 | Khajiit Nightblade | Ebonheart Pact
  • dermottib14_ESO
    dermottib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ive looked. IT has not been address.
  • Friar
    Friar
    I'm at 60/62 myself, not having done Arx, so completing that one would give me 61/62. Every other quest that is mentioned as a "frequently missed quest" in this thread, and ones I have seen mentioned in various other threads, I have completed. Not to mention I spent quite a few late night hours exploring for the final missing quests. I have come to the conclusion that there is simply to many bugged/missing quests and moved on until this is addressed. Every other zone I have finished with a few extra quests left, quite a few extra in most cases, so I really doubt the reason that I'm short, is that I went full *** in Shadowfen, and suddenly forgot how to explore and/or fail at finding quest markers.

For what its worth, to help uncover/reinforce problems, I went in more of a clockwise direction around the map. So it looks like I broke a few of the "breadcrumb" quests. Also, I still have mercs in the city and did not get the followup quest (I did use intimidate on the mercs, which seems to be a suspected cause of breaking the quest). I also did the Shadowfen Smorgasbord quest early on as well, which is why I think I started going to the right to begin with.
  • Smogg
    Smogg
    ✭✭
    It is good to hear from Gina that the team is looking into this now.
    While of course the main quests are important, I am sure that the team has the capacity to look at multiple problems at once, and to me it seems they actually resolve bugged quests quite quickly.

Personally I think the Shadowfen problem is important to solve quickly because it relates to the way the game is meant to be played. We are meant to sometimes just pick a direction and see what we find, solve odd things and discover the world each in our own way. Many players will then after completing a map take the extra time to finish up their achivements.
    If shadowfen leave players with the impression that quests MUST be done in a certain order for them to obtain the achivements, then it will deter players from just going out there and explore randomly and get the true elder scrolls experience.

No one will enjoy the thought of ending up having gone through all 3 factions, only to find that in shadowfen they should have done the quests in another order for them to become Hero of Tamriel. Already now, i bet a few players already wonder if they need to make a new character because they somehow "messed up" in shadowfen and therefore need to start all over.

When a major quest is bugged, at least is very clear to the player that something is wrong, they can file a report on it, and from experience they know it will be fixed within a few days (which btw is really nice work there!). Here we just dont have any clear indication of what is wrong and it can leave players to draw all kind of unfortunate conclusions about themselves or the game. The worst part is really that it draws people out of the immersive experience forcing them to consider how quest lines are structured and linked. Which quests are safe to do first, and which ones you should do later, all the stuff ESO was never meant to be.

But again, ESO has a great team which that seems to resolve things quite fast. I have every faith that they will resolve this as well !
  • Tai
    Tai
    ✭✭
    Hey everyone, thanks for the reports. We're currently investigating all quests in Shadowfen and the achievements, and looking to see if anything is amiss.

There is the same problem in Bangkorai. :)
  • Bluffy
    Bluffy
    59/62, We need some better quest indication... I've been running for hours in the map.
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    61/62 quests, cant find any even after careful searching
    I checked all the suggested places including Loriasel
    Edited by Malediktus on April 16, 2014 7:56PM
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • Homm
    Homm
    ✭✭✭
    Checked ABSOLUTELY everything. Redone all dungeons on 34 lvl, (including arx) visited every place on map using the map with quests from esohead and corssed out each and every of the quests possible - 61/62. As someone said - if we make quests in the wrong order we can't go back - that is probably what happened. Please stop posting that you have 62/62 and it's not bugged - it is and your were just lucky.
  • Daendur
    Daendur
    ✭✭✭
    why can't we have a list of completed quests? they must be tracked in some way, so please let us know the names of the quests we have completed.
  • daniel_sanchez_deb17_ESO
    Daendur wrote: »
    why can't we have a list of completed quests? they must be tracked in some way, so please let us know the names of the quests we have completed.

I have looking through the Elder Scrolls API to create an addon for that, but sadly there's no way right now to do an addon like that. Thinking about it, it doesn't seem likely that they'll allow that, as it goes against the "go explore!" attitude of Zenimax for the players (which I like, not complaining at all :P)
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @daniel_sanchez_deb17_ESO Does the API execute something when a quest is activated? Surely it must given its addition to the Journal and in-game UI. If so, would it be possible to keep a log and a count of quests started? Is there enough of a trail when the quest is completed to recategorize it on the add-on side provided it was started via usual means?
  • daniel_sanchez_deb17_ESO
    @LonePirate Yes, it does. In fact, the addon of esohead does that exactly. To do an addon that keeps track of the quests you've completed and who or what has given you the quest should not be hard to code.
  • MigzPT
    MigzPT
    I am stuck at 60/62, I have cleared all dungeons and underground areas, I have taken a Scouting of all Shadowfen. I have spent more than 5 hours just looking for this 2 quests and nothing.

• felipe_brasilianonrb18_ESO
    Does the Arx Corinium quest counts for the achievment? On other zones the group dungeon quest was not necessary to get the achievment. (Sorry for the bad english.