Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server maintenance times

• ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Zaggolf wrote: »
    They gave a eta 3 hours

It will be a few hours (at least.) It could be more than three, and we didn't state "three." Until we know for sure, we're wary of giving an exact timeframe, but we will absolutely keep everyone updated here and on our social media channels.

Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • trinta
    trinta
    ✭✭✭
    For now, to be on the safe side, we're looking at a few hours, possibly less.

Can we get a "Thank you" option to go with with the "Insightful" etc. tags?
    Edited by trinta on April 2, 2014 1:21PM
    Every time someone swears, it gets replaced with three asterisks. There's only one three-letter swear word that I know of. I read that in the place of every set of three asterisks. It makes for some amusing sentences.
  • Faked
    Faked
    ✭✭✭
    SuperJChat wrote: »
    Faked wrote: »
    Zaeros wrote: »
    98% of my posts are in this thread.

ha 100% of mine are here, still havent left yet

why would you ever leave lol
    Because the megaserver comes back up?
    Pretty sure this will be a ghost town when they do, except for the few stragglers taking their time and reading slowly, and those who still wanna rage about dumb stuff that nobody will listen to.
    id hope you would leave if the server was up.... come on now.
    Heeeeyyyyyyy Yoooouuuuuu Guys!!!!!!!
  • dcarpent72
    dcarpent72
    ✭✭
    Wait.. i am really tired... what did Jessica mean when she said....

" We were already planning to push a new game build to both servers this morning, and we will continue to work towards this. "

my brain hurts
  • SuperJChat
    SuperJChat
    ✭✭✭
    pad11 wrote: »
    Woooo lvl 2! (slaps self in ass, grabs beer, hides under desk at work...)
    How did you slap yourself IN your ass?
    Please explain, diagrams and images for credulity.

• BrandynPublic
    trinta wrote: »
    Sarenia wrote: »
    For now, to be on the safe side, we're looking at a few hours, possibly less.

Can we get a "Thank you" option to go with with the "Insightful" etc. tags?

That's actually a good idea. :)
  • stargazer62085b14_ESO
    Jessica is now my favorite, be back in a few hours thank you Jessica.
  • Zaeros
    Zaeros
    ✭✭✭
    juic3 wrote: »
    Vaultese wrote: »
    So who's drinking what? And if you aren't drinking...why not?

Budweiser

Carlton Colds
    "Yes, one step after the next. Come what may, that is what it means to live" - The Seneschal.

This is why we keep going. What else are you going to do with your life?
  • ProtegeX
    ProtegeX
    Sarenia wrote: »
    The question on everybody's mind:

Can we get a rough ballpark ETA? Because you ladies and gentleman have been dangling a carrot in front of us.

That's why people are agitated. Some of us have been here almost 8 hours waiting around, and seeing "Soon(tm)" messages.

If someone had told us 8 hours ago "We'll be down for a while, please check in in the morning" I would have gone to sleep.

Totally understandable and fair, @Sarenia. You're right. We'll keep that in mind if we have a long downtime like this again. For now, to be on the safe side, we're looking at a few hours, possibly less.

I laughed when I read this considering "a few hours" was used at 1:00am EST. IMO that's not a reliable update.

Just saying!

• SpasticSpringbok

Right now coffee...and not good coffee...which blows...normally a mid-to-strong IPA...Yards Cape of Good Hope Epic Ale is a good option or ANYTHING by the Southern Tier Brewery...the 2X IPA is best IMHO...

South African? - cape of good hope..
  • Faked
    Faked
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you again for keeping us up to date Jessica I applaud your efforts
    Heeeeyyyyyyy Yoooouuuuuu Guys!!!!!!!
  • pad11
    pad11
    ✭✭✭
    Woooo lvl 2! (slaps self in ass, grabs beer, hides under desk at work...)
    How did you slap yourself IN your ass?
    Please explain, diagrams and images for credulity.

OMG you're right! :cold_sweat: That's just....wrong....and gross...unless i took myself out to a nice dinner, maybe a show...then, well...anything's possible....
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭
    DeJo wrote: »

My excuse wasn't even Launch in this. In fact I don't think I've really mentioned launch at all in my comment.

Your entire thread reeks of launch references with your mention of your experience in 'system rollouts and implementation' and the complaints always being the same and multiple mention of bugs and 'fixing bugs left in game'.

My whole POINT was about how Unscheduled maintenance works, and how people freak out about it, even though they've seen it a million times before.

There are no excuses in my thread, there's ideology. Insofar as Launches do go if you want to talk launches, this is probably one of the smoothest MMO launches in ages.

I simply tried to explain why a lot of companies do things the way that they do. I'm sorry you didn't like my post.
  • Zaggolf
    Zaggolf
    ✭✭✭
    They gave a eta 3 hours

It will be a few hours (at least.) It could be more than three, and we didn't state "three." Until we know for sure, we're wary of giving an exact timeframe, but we will absolutely keep everyone updated here and on our social media channels.

Then it would be afternoon not morning
    Sorry thought I read later this morning eastern
    Edited by Zaggolf on April 2, 2014 1:23PM
    Fanboy's don't keep a game running! GAMER'S DO!!!
  • Ciinen1988
    Ciinen1988
    ✭✭✭
    They gave a eta 3 hours

Thank you @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ for the estimated timeframe. Its good to know what the issue was now that it has been posted. I see they also posted intended downtime for this morning to fix some of the issues we players have been having. For those unaware of the post it is http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/64824/eso-north-american-megaserver-downtime-4-1-to-4-2
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    dcarpent72 wrote: »
    Wait.. i am really tired... what did Jessica mean when she said....

" We were already planning to push a new game build to both servers this morning, and we will continue to work towards this. "

my brain hurts

We already had a patch planned for this morning before the inventory issue arose last night. The patch will fix some of the issues you all have been experiencing (we'll have patch notes up shortly this morning.) So, we're pushing that during this downtime as well.

Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • kallistiGAD
    kallistiGAD
    ✭✭✭
    juic3 wrote: »

Budweiser

Nothing yet. The army frowns on drinking at work/in uniform. But tonight...ALL THE JACK AND COKE.
    Argonian Maids Gone Wild
    The Flash Mob guild. Bringing the absurd to ESO
  • Sarah_Lynn
    Sarah_Lynn
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly I'm fine with them working on it today, I wouldn't have been able to play. Take as long as you need. c:
    I spend way too much time and money on this game.
  • Rukur
    Rukur
    ✭✭
    They gave a eta 3 hours

Best watch out for a player shift change and renewed anger management issues !

Thanks for posting ... It was very quite on the ESO front.
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I've only got 5gigs left on my EU server download, then y'all can bite me lmao

Um... just copy and paste from you c:drive zeni folder, one is EU and one is NA. copy the NA contents and paste to your EU folder. job done, take 5 minutes....

you can bite me.....

Joking :)

try it and save ya self 5 more hours.
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • GLaDOS
    GLaDOS
    ✭✭✭
    GLaDOS wrote: »
    I would like to lovingly tap the server on the chin and do a magic dance that will fix everything like this guy.

Now if it only ended in a one-hit ***-stomping I would've lol-ed harder

Like in office space? :smiley:

7G1jOKU.gif

Still alive.
  • SuperJChat
    SuperJChat
    ✭✭✭
    Zaeros wrote: »
    98% of my posts are in this thread.

ha 100% of mine are here, still havent left yet

why would you ever leave lol
    Because the megaserver comes back up?
    Pretty sure this will be a ghost town when they do, except for the few stragglers taking their time and reading slowly, and those who still wanna rage about dumb stuff that nobody will listen to.
    id hope you would leave if the server was up.... come on now.

Probably just archive the thread for nostalgia, so later when the ESO is a year or two old i could be like, "You remember that downtime and that awesome thread during the Pre-release? Yeah I was there"
  • dcarpent72
    dcarpent72
    ✭✭
    I think I am in Love with Jessica ;)
  • Talins
    Talins
    My only complaint is that Jessica's post should have come earlier. As was said previously - most of us are not MMO newbs - and we do understand that "stuff happens" - but just tell us. We (well most of us :D) don't require the nitty gritty - but we do expect (and deserve) at least some information about what is going on in a game we paid for (and are obviously enjoying - from the level of teeth gnashing here ;P)
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mortelus wrote: »
    Well, I've only got 5gigs left on my EU server download, then y'all can bite me lmao

Um... just copy and paste from you c:drive zeni folder, one is EU and one is NA. copy the NA contents and paste to your EU folder. job done, take 5 minutes....

you can bite me.....

Joking :)

try it and save ya self 5 more hours.

That's a negative good budgie!

Delta
    Valheru's
  • davymanners_ESO
    Some of ya'll are just being downright rude...

I was on when the servers went down this morning too, but seriously, it's early access and these guys have been working all night. I get that the lack of info is frustrating but I can see why they wouldn't want to give out info about the game breaking exploits they're fixing, and why they wouldn't want to give out an ETA they can't stick to.

I'm not sure what you mean by "it's early access." It isn't beta anymore haha. It's no longer okay to dismiss everything as "it's beta, guys!" once money has changed hands. I get the necessity for the downtime. It's being stonewalled I'm having issues with.

• avantre
    avantre
    ✭✭
    They gave a eta 3 hours

Looks like my horse goes hungry tonight, then. Time to admit defeat and go to bed.

I do hope the team there will consider this a lesson learned on communication. I'm sure the devs did their all to fix the actual problem - I have no issue with their work on a server being taken down to resolve a game breaking problem. But communicating that such an investigation and fix was 'likely to take several hours' or something similar would have been better than vague 'we're working on it' updates.
  • Zaeros
    Zaeros
    ✭✭✭
    Imma wake up tomorrow like
    Cat-Dog-Meme-1.jpg
    "Yes, one step after the next. Come what may, that is what it means to live" - The Seneschal.

This is why we keep going. What else are you going to do with your life?
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭
    PC Load Letter... Gotta love office space references.
  • dcarpent72
    dcarpent72
    ✭✭
    Talins wrote: »
    My only complaint is that Jessica's post should have come earlier. As was said previously - most of us are not MMO newbs - and we do understand that "stuff happens" - but just tell us. We (well most of us :D) don't require the nitty gritty - but we do expect (and deserve) at least some information about what is going on in a game we paid for (and are obviously enjoying - from the level of teeth gnashing here ;P)

HEY !!! Don't blame my future wife!! opps... was that my outside voice?