Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server maintenance times

• pad11
    pad11
    ✭✭✭
    I can just about make a book from all these posts. Hmm hardcover or paperback. Decisions.

e-book, just cut and paste! :smiley:

• Goretex
    Goretex
    Well this thread has kept me awake, so off to sleep I go.

Stay moist my friends.
  • Zaeros
    Zaeros
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm addicted to this thread, Nah...
    i-can-quit-whenever-i-want-funny-dog-meme.jpg
    "Yes, one step after the next. Come what may, that is what it means to live" - The Seneschal.

This is why we keep going. What else are you going to do with your life?
  • Faked
    Faked
    ✭✭✭
    Zaeros wrote: »
    Faked wrote: »
    98% of my posts are in this thread.

ha 100% of mine are here, still havent left yet

why would you ever leave lol

Heeeeyyyyyyy Yoooouuuuuu Guys!!!!!!!
  • Zaggolf
    Zaggolf
    ✭✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »
    We just posted the more detailed explanation mentioned earlier this morning. Here's what it says.
    Last night a few North American users reported inventory-related issues with their character account, such as seeing additional inventory items appear, or seeing items that were not earned through gameplay. We've identified and fixed the problem, but the issue necessitated some downtime overnight for the North American megaserver. This problem has not manifested on the European server, so it continues to run as normal. The fix will be implemented as soon as all required pre-testing is complete this morning.

We were already planning to push a new game build to both servers this morning, and we will continue to work towards this. Stay tuned for complete patch note shortly. In addition to this aforementioned priority fix, we are also working quickly to restore our 'send in-game mail' functionality, some content blocking fixes that are preventing some users from finishing quests, and a few other tweaks. Our goal is to have all of these fixes initiated later this morning, eastern US time.

We will update this post as soon as we have an exact timeline for the service to be restored.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/64824/eso-north-american-megaserver-downtime-4-1-to-4-2?new=1

The question on everybody's mind:

Can we get a rough ballpark ETA? Because you ladies and gentleman have been dangling a carrot in front of us.

That's why people are agitated. Some of us have been here almost 8 hours waiting around, and seeing "Soon(tm)" messages.

If someone had told us 8 hours ago "We'll be down for a while, please check in in the morning" I would have gone to sleep.

Sarenia is 100% right here, your posts make it sound Jessica like you guys knew it was not coming back on until day time US, so why not just say that... if your not going to be testing until pre-testing is complete this morning' then the french CSR should have gone 'US server has borked itself won't be fixed until teams can work on it in the morning'. people would have gone and done other things.. not that the thread hasn't been a bad thing.. But there is something called Communication, you guys have ballsed it up big time here.. and it's fine to go but it's only early start etc however it was and IS through Prime Time Australia and New Zealand and Eastern Asia region, letting us know that we aren't gonna get any game time rather then stringing us on with 2 hour copy and paste notes is a better idea..

Matt should know from his DAOC days that communicating with the Community and being upfront about mistakes is better then trying to hide them, the community will understand 99% of the time if you tell us the TRUTH, but if you string us along and treat us like idiots who don't deserve to be told what is going on with something we are paying for.. than expect people to start ranting and being rather rude... Matt's old team at Mythic had communication down pat, we KNEW what was going on through the Hearld you had updates on the hour etc.. this entire thing has just been.. well bad.

-Weldien Phoenix.
    Guild Leader Warriors Blood.

Well put..I couldn't agree more
    Fanboy's don't keep a game running! GAMER'S DO!!!
  • Moosey
    Moosey
    avantre wrote: »
    Brynnza wrote: »
    ahonma_ESO wrote: »
    Can you imagine trying to snuggle with an Argonian?

Yet another reason to rid Tamriel of their scaly scourge.

Some like it rough?
    What Jessica woke up to

riot.png

Why do we Aussies and the Kiwi's always cop the brunt of these things.. So true..

US game producers just hate us... its cause we share time zones with the rest of asia

They're probably just jealous of Hugh Jackman's and Chris Hemsworth's chiseled abs and seek to punish their country in any way they can.

Aren't the outrageous beer prices enough punishment, when will it end!!
    In Perth here so yes I expect to be ripped off by the fun police, but $11.50 a pint.... Can't even drink to pass the time.
    /cry
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭
    Coffee and smokage time. With the server being down, at least I can spend this morning doing the work that needs done and veg out later tonight! #FirstWorldProblems
  • dcarpent72
    dcarpent72
    ✭✭
    hmmm.... Jessica said a few hours.... yet... i... am .... still ... here
  • MattoxMaodhun
    MattoxMaodhun
    ✭✭
    Thanks again @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ for really keeping us updated and addressing the problem as best as you can.
  • Zaeros
    Zaeros
    ✭✭✭

Exactly, this is everyones new home now
    "Yes, one step after the next. Come what may, that is what it means to live" - The Seneschal.

• Vaultese
    Vaultese

I audibly lol'ed at this
    I used the "Attach Image" option for a sig and it said images aren't allowed in sigs. This is lol-worthy.
  • disticombeb17_ESO
    Need to write... something... for history... Done!
  • pad11
    pad11
    ✭✭✭
    Woooo lvl 2! (slaps self in ass, grabs beer, hides under desk at work...)
  • smilingmaybe
    smilingmaybe
    ✭✭✭
    Goretex wrote: »
    Stay moist my friends.

Translation: I hope you get a yeast infection.
  • Vaultese
    Vaultese
    So who's drinking what? And if you aren't drinking...why not?
    I used the "Attach Image" option for a sig and it said images aren't allowed in sigs. This is lol-worthy.
  • GLaDOS
    GLaDOS
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to lovingly tap the server on the chin and do a magic dance that will fix everything like this guy.
    wb8U6PE.gif
    Still alive.
  • MattoxMaodhun
    MattoxMaodhun
    ✭✭
    Vaultese wrote: »

I audibly lol'ed at this

Me too
  • Robert.Graham18rwb17_ESO

Zoo... zooom.... mooon.. sugar.. GIVE! ;)
    -Rob Aka
    Weldien Phoenix
    Guild Leader Warriors Blood.
  • DeJo
    DeJo

My excuse wasn't even Launch in this. In fact I don't think I've really mentioned launch at all in my comment.

Your entire post reeks of launch references with your mention of your experience in 'system rollouts and implementation' and the complaints always being the same and multiple mention of bugs and 'fixing bugs left in game'.

Edited by DeJo on April 2, 2014 1:21PM
  • Zaeros
    Zaeros
    ✭✭✭

I audibly lol'ed at this

Sweet, trying to make this more bearable for everyone :D

• Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    Too bad we don't have a Sanya.....
  • BrandynPublic
    Men at work Golf Clap

golf-clap-charlie-sheen-emilio-estevez-in-men-at-work.jpg

Isn't learning how to handle disgruntled customer's fun?
  • SuperJChat
    SuperJChat
    ✭✭✭

Because the megaserver comes back up?
    Pretty sure this will be a ghost town when they do, except for the few stragglers taking their time and reading slowly, and those who still wanna rage about dumb stuff that nobody will listen to.
    Edited by SuperJChat on April 2, 2014 1:17PM
  • kallistiGAD
    kallistiGAD
    ✭✭✭
    soon...cat-covered-with-pillows.jpg?itok=AJJTTFQj
    Every update so far.
    Argonian Maids Gone Wild
    The Flash Mob guild. Bringing the absurd to ESO
  • Cayce_of_Kata
    Cayce_of_Kata
    ✭✭✭
    @Skjlvald‌

Sure. Clan Kata is a roleplaying/gaming guild I founded about seven years ago. Cayce of Kata is a nod to my brothers and sisters who are in the clan but for whatever reason aren't playing ESO.

I do have a back story for my character, I intend to find roleplay in ESO at some point.

WALL OF TEXT

Clan Kata practices a martial tradition of swordsmanship that hails down from a wandering Akaviri swordsman. Several generations ago, the people who would become the clan were the residents of a small farming village in the east of Skyrim. They were plagued by brigands who would extort them for their crops and starve them winter after winter.

The swordsman wandered into town one early fall when the bandits were terrorizing the village and fought them off. He was hailed as a hero and organized a defense. Teaching the town's residents to defend themselves (think Seven Samurai), and after the second wave of bandits came and were slain, he decided to stay. Generations later, the village became a consolidated clan of Nords who were the inheritors of the Akaviri swordsmanship school, and over time others came from across Tamriel to study or challenge them - many joining them (accounting for characters of other races in the guild).

Today, Clan Kata is more of a war band than a nord clan, like the companions of Whiterun, but with a familial love unseen in other war bands. Cayce is their leader and chieftainess, and she travels Tamriel with her clan seeking challenges.
  • DarkInvictus
    DarkInvictus
    ✭✭
    avantre wrote: »
    Brynnza wrote: »
    ahonma_ESO wrote: »
    Can you imagine trying to snuggle with an Argonian?

Yet another reason to rid Tamriel of their scaly scourge.

Some like it rough?
    What Jessica woke up to

riot.png

Why do we Aussies and the Kiwi's always cop the brunt of these things.. So true..

US game producers just hate us... its cause we share time zones with the rest of asia

They're probably just jealous of Hugh Jackman's and Chris Hemsworth's chiseled abs and seek to punish their country in any way they can.

ha
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYjWnD1Imm9one_sTyNpzpM6-faLz3ni0ws3DLiYdi5mWb-Fp4Ug
  • juic3
    juic3
    ✭✭

Budweiser

Edited by juic3 on April 2, 2014 1:18PM
  • pad11
    pad11
    ✭✭✭

Right now coffee...and not good coffee...which blows...normally a mid-to-strong IPA...Yards Cape of Good Hope Epic Ale is a good option or ANYTHING by the Southern Tier Brewery...the 2X IPA is best IMHO...

• Vaultese
    Vaultese
    GLaDOS wrote: »
    I would like to lovingly tap the server on the chin and do a magic dance that will fix everything like this guy.
    wb8U6PE.gif

Now if it only ended in a one-hit ***-stomping I would've lol-ed harder
  • dfwmikey74
    dfwmikey74
    ✭✭
    I got bored and created my character list.
    Race - Class - Primary - Weapon - Armor - Alliance
    1: Dunmer - Templar - Dawns Wrath - Dual Wield - Medium - Daggerfall
    2: Bosmer - Dragonknight- Earthen Heart - Bow - Light - Ebonheart
    3: Altmer - Nightblade - Assassination - Dual Wield - Heavy - Ebonheart
    4: Orc - Templar - Restoring Light - Resto Staff - Light - Ebonheart
    5: Redguard-Sorcerer - Daedric Summon-Two Handed- Heavy - Aldmeri
    6: Breton - Nightblade - Shadow - Bow - Medium - Daggerfall
    7: Nord - Sorcerer - Storm Calling - Destruct Staff - Light - Aldmeri
    8: Imperial-Dragonknight-Draconic Power-Sword & Board-None/Disguises-Dagger