Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server maintenance times

• robroeb14_ESO
    robroeb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    48016544.jpg
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »
    We just posted the more detailed explanation mentioned earlier this morning. Here's what it says.
    Last night a few North American users reported inventory-related issues with their character account, such as seeing additional inventory items appear, or seeing items that were not earned through gameplay. We've identified and fixed the problem, but the issue necessitated some downtime overnight for the North American megaserver. This problem has not manifested on the European server, so it continues to run as normal. The fix will be implemented as soon as all required pre-testing is complete this morning.

We were already planning to push a new game build to both servers this morning, and we will continue to work towards this. Stay tuned for complete patch note shortly. In addition to this aforementioned priority fix, we are also working quickly to restore our 'send in-game mail' functionality, some content blocking fixes that are preventing some users from finishing quests, and a few other tweaks. Our goal is to have all of these fixes initiated later this morning, eastern US time.

We will update this post as soon as we have an exact timeline for the service to be restored.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/64824/eso-north-american-megaserver-downtime-4-1-to-4-2?new=1

The question on everybody's mind:

Can we get a rough ballpark ETA? Because you ladies and gentleman have been dangling a carrot in front of us.

That's why people are agitated. Some of us have been here almost 8 hours waiting around, and seeing "Soon(tm)" messages.

If someone had told us 8 hours ago "We'll be down for a while, please check in in the morning" I would have gone to sleep.

nope the question on my mind is, do goats moonwalk when no one's looking?
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • Faked
    Faked
    ✭✭✭
    I have to get married today so I would like it if after I get back from my honeymoon you could have it working again... thank you
    Heeeeyyyyyyy Yoooouuuuuu Guys!!!!!!!
  • Thelrok
    Thelrok
    ✭✭✭
    We just posted the more detailed explanation mentioned earlier this morning. Here's what it says.
    Last night a few North American users reported inventory-related issues with their character account, such as seeing additional inventory items appear, or seeing items that were not earned through gameplay. We've identified and fixed the problem, but the issue necessitated some downtime overnight for the North American megaserver. This problem has not manifested on the European server, so it continues to run as normal. The fix will be implemented as soon as all required pre-testing is complete this morning.

We were already planning to push a new game build to both servers this morning, and we will continue to work towards this. Stay tuned for complete patch note shortly. In addition to this aforementioned priority fix, we are also working quickly to restore our 'send in-game mail' functionality, some content blocking fixes that are preventing some users from finishing quests, and a few other tweaks. Our goal is to have all of these fixes initiated later this morning, eastern US time.

We will update this post as soon as we have an exact timeline for the service to be restored.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/64824/eso-north-american-megaserver-downtime-4-1-to-4-2?new=1

Can we get a rough ballpark ETA? Because you ladies and gentleman have been dangling a carrot in front of us.
    The post says later this morning.
  • SuperJChat
    SuperJChat
    ✭✭✭
    SuperJChat wrote: »
    Faked wrote: »
    you had paint on your f5 key.... must be a new keyboard.
    Probably recently discovered [F5], mine is just a hole with the rubber *** left
    *shrugs* Personally, I don't frequent forums and social networks so don't really use it, my f5 is pretty much intact after several years.

Also, the thread is seriously growing faster than I'm reading it .__.

Honestly I rarely post myself, but i read almost everything just to stay in touch
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    I have to get my Elder Scrolls fix. Guess I'll make a new character on Skyrim and implement the no fast travel rule. That should eat a good chunk of time up.
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • Cayce_of_Kata
    Cayce_of_Kata
    ✭✭✭
    Loctite wrote: »
    I wonder why the EU sever was not affected by this?

Different environments cause different effects. Might be that whatever the catalyst of this bug was, hasn't happened (yet?) on the EU server.

Like how a child born to abusive drunkards isn't the same as a child born to attentive parents in a middle-class house... Unfortunately that says some things about us as players.
  • gw.morrowb14_ESO
    Thanks Jessica, just the sort of update I was hoping for. Cheers!
  • Carnage2K4
    Carnage2K4
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't log into game.
    Are the servers down?
    Tried Search came up with nothing...
    Human Infant Connoisseur
  • Zaggolf
    Zaggolf
    ✭✭✭
    So eta is 3hours folks
    Fanboy's don't keep a game running! GAMER'S DO!!!
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carnage2K4 wrote: »
    I can't log into game.
    Are the servers down?

I like this guy.
  • Freshmango55
    Thelrok wrote: »

The post says later this morning.

It's already later this morning.

Edited by Freshmango55 on April 2, 2014 1:04PM
  • Zaeros
    Zaeros
    ✭✭✭

FYI ranting ended like 4 hours ago.

Now we're too tired to rant and posting cat pics. keep up!

That's the problem with the forum's Best of feature. When I clicked it It put me in the middle of the thread and it looked like people were still ranting! Very well then... Kitten fix please!
    cf7af8c812e1b1798951fc9e4e078dc4.jpg

"Yes, one step after the next. Come what may, that is what it means to live" - The Seneschal.

This is why we keep going. What else are you going to do with your life?
  • Laviothane
    Laviothane
    ✭✭
    Two men sit in their chairs made of leather eagerly anticipating to play, a lifetime of wait can only breed hate, the men both died on this day. Then along came a woman of might and of magic to bolster their ferocity... Your day will come soon should you wait for 3 moons... fear not this atrocity!
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭
    Carnage2K4 wrote: »
    I can't log into game.
    Are the servers down?

I'm a troll eating troll.
  • SuperJChat
    SuperJChat
    ✭✭✭
    Almost to page 50... almost....
  • robroeb14_ESO
    robroeb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    ok i got to get in the shower and go to work now. All my posts were made in good humor and only for the lulz. every one have a beautiful day. If you live in NY the sun is out for the first time in 5 months. go outside and check it out. I forgot what it looked like
  • Rukur
    Rukur
    ✭✭

Different environments cause different effects. Might be that whatever the catalyst of this bug was, hasn't happened (yet?) on the EU server.

Like how a child born to abusive drunkards isn't the same as a child born to attentive parents in a middle-class house... Unfortunately that says some things about us as players.

I bet the load on the US server is much higher.

• BrandynPublic
    Everyone be chill and calm down. Online games have crappy launches these days. This is just the way of things. The only one that didn't was Guild Wars 2 and that was because they literally rationed the release of their product.

This thread as actually (for the most part) been quite civil comparatively.
  • smilingmaybe
    smilingmaybe
    ✭✭✭

I bet the load on the US server is much higher.

Well, the US does have an obesity problem...
  • BigDumbViking
    BigDumbViking
    ✭✭
    Well... this thread is win even if the servers aren't
    James Dalton - Nord Dragonknight

& Trusty Steed Roadhouse

• Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭

Like your sig - could one infer that you have a backstory made up for your character? Or you just really good and detailed with your character naming? I would love to hear the details if you don't mind. :)
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • DeJo
    DeJo
    You guys act like this sort of thing is completely new in Gaming History. It's not! This is how UNSCHEDULED MAINTENANCE works! So many people were whinging about bugs, and things got serious enough, they said "We have to fix this to make people happy." And then the second they announce downtime everyone's like "GET A ROPE! LET'S GO KEEL THEM FOR THE DOWNTIMES!" And now that downtime is taking a while everyone's like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING, AND WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG?" Answering EITHER of those questions is a bad idea for any game developer or host....

A.> GIVING YOU AN ETA ON UNSCHEDULED MAINTENANCE IS ASKING YOU TO CRY MORE LATER. If they don't fix what's broken in the time they said it was "likely" going to take, you're going to be upset with them all over again for going over their estimated time. Fact of life. This is why game developers and hosts no longer give ETAs for UNSCHEDULED maintenance.

B.> They aren't telling you what's broken, and what they're doing to fix it, BECAUSE THEY ARE STILL BUSY FIXING IT. Having someone constantly explaining the intricacies of fixing all the bugs they left in the game, is someone they have to take away from the team that's working to fix them, that means it'll take longer for them to finish. OH WAIT I HAVE A BRIGHT IDEA! LET'S TELL THEM AFTER WE FIX THEM WHAT WAS WRONG! <-- That's the right way of doing things.

C.> This isn't a rant. Although I'm not a game developer, I've been in the IT Field and involved in Systems roll outs, upgrades and implementations for about 15 years. Be it a gaming company, or someone that hosts business applications, the complaints are always the same.

Hopefully this post at least makes you think a little bit! Praise to the Nine Divines!

I am sick and tired of people using 'launch' as an excuse for everything.

There is a difference between a game developer putting the necessary time and effort into development AND testing and launching a game that incurs some unforeseen issues and a developer that rushes/pushes a game to launch that incurs a large number of issues and downtime including many items that have been reported by beta testers for months prior to launch. As one of the beta testers that felt this game was NOT ready for launch, this only adds to the frustration.

Thank goodness Wildstar beta activates again tomorrow at 7am PSD........

• Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭
    I could use some Skooma 'bout now. Too early in the morning!
  • kbales1ub17_ESO
    I know we all want to play the game, and were hoping to get a bit further before the mass troll-mania entrance on the 4th; but unless this is the first time you have ever played an MMO during it's introduction period, you should not be surprised with server down times. This is pretty standard, and at least we get a chance to do some exploring before the scheduled start date of the game in some relative peace. New games always have a few months of issues when they launch.
    ~Trust is earned, respect should be given~
  • pad11
    pad11
    ✭✭✭
    dcarpent72 wrote: »
    Soooo... If a tree falls in Tamriel while the server is down.... does it make a sound?

Yes, but you can't harvest mats from it....

• Breetai_SDF1
    Breetai_SDF1
    ✭✭
    dcarpent72 wrote: »
    Soooo... If a tree falls in Tamriel while the server is down.... does it make a sound?
    If a server falls at Zenimax and nobody is around to play... do we make a noise?
    - Downtime Defender -
    “Conquering end-game content without really trying”
  • MardukAU
    MardukAU
    bed time. later all
    Death is Certain, Life is Not!!
  • Loctite
    Loctite

I wonder if they are running at similar loads etc..

• Medgirlpts_ESO
    Medgirlpts_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I can just about make a book from all these posts. Hmm hardcover or paperback. Decisions.
    Ceridai <3 Healing Mage <3
    --The Downtime Defenders --
    - Aldmeri Dominion -