Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Grim Focus Permaglow

• Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hahaha i found even worst than this

I came back not long ago due to health issues, and decided to work to get 5 pieces of the soulcleaver set for my nightblade

I made it after several days and today i decided to equip it ...... and i fall down from very high

when you equip the 5 pieces, you have a red aura around you, accentuated by 4 circles red, one at each shoulder and one at each elbow.

28wqju1ip9dk.jpg

I imagine the result with the glow from the skill .....

so, i do not wear the set ... that of course silly and stupid me, i golded, and used transmute for it.

Thank you ZOS
    My most recent characters
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lauranae wrote: »

I came back not long ago due to health issues, and decided to work to get 5 pieces of the soulcleaver set for my nightblade

I made it after several days and today i decided to equip it ...... and i fall down from very high

when you equip the 5 pieces, you have a red aura around you, accentuated by 4 circles red, one at each shoulder and one at each elbow.

28wqju1ip9dk.jpg

so, i do not wear the set ... that of course silly and stupid me, i golded, and used transmute for it.

Thank you ZOS

I agree it looks bad, but it’s not the best set for the class in any role, making it mostly a style option. I was going to try a healer build with it until I learned the set comes with this ugly effect. I switched them from DPS to heals because of the ugly broken effect on Grim Focus. :/ Know that even the style pages do if you equip five.
    Options
  • onyxorb
    onyxorb
    ✭✭✭
    I somehow thought this effect would look really nice with the 'invis' from the Kollopi Essense.
    Turns out that using Grim Focus, the NB set, and Kollopi resulted in looking like a cloud of insects with weird random balls of red light. :#

Maybe the new changes that let us change skill colors will let us turn the red glow off. <3
    Options
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    onyxorb wrote: »
    I somehow thought this effect would look really nice with the 'invis' from the Kollopi Essense.
    Turns out that using Grim Focus, the NB set, and Kollopi resulted in looking like a cloud of insects with weird random balls of red light. :#

Maybe the new changes that let us change skill colors will let us turn the red glow off. <3

OMG!! If that was possible that would be a game changer for me :)
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
    Options
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They already spoke about putting cosmetic options for class skills in the ....wait for it.....crown store.

You don't want that to happen. You don't want the fix for your unusuable rendered gloambound weapon pack to be locked behind another paywall. - Frankly, I don't even believe Zos would do such a thing.
    Options
  • dmnqwk
    dmnqwk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dislike all glows whether they're weapon enchants, skills/abilities or potion use..

I like to have control over how my char looks - it's awful when someone applies control over how my char looks by way of simply activating Expansive Frost Cloak.
    Options
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They already spoke about putting cosmetic options for class skills in the ....wait for it.....crown store.

You don't want that to happen. You don't want the fix for your unusuable rendered gloambound weapon pack to be locked behind another paywall. - Frankly, I don't even believe Zos would do such a thing.

i understand your reasoning but for me its that or abandon my NB. Actually after playing 2 hours, my eyes burn, with all the flashy colors and even more if i do fights. I already had to give up on my frost warden. As for the gloambound weapon set, i had to give up on the account having it, and i did left behind my other NB lv 50 and created this new one.
    Now may be ZOS does not want old people to bother them and push me slowly away ....

So, i would hate to pay for sure, but if this is the only way for me, i will do. I want to spend my shortened time life (i am 70 old) to be fun and not bothered by some nasty horror color show.
    Edited by Lauranae on April 21, 2024 7:10PM
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
    Options
  • Vaqual
    Vaqual
    ✭✭✭✭✭

28wqju1ip9dk.jpg

Thank you ZOS

This is also the deal breaker for me. I hoped the glow is linked to the cosmetic and not the set bonus. Maybe the next batch of class sets will be nicer.
    Options
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaqual wrote: »

28wqju1ip9dk.jpg

Thank you ZOS

This is also the deal breaker for me. I hoped the glow is linked to the cosmetic and not the set bonus. Maybe the next batch of class sets will be nicer.

unfortunatly this is the set equiped and not any cosmetic .... and it seems that also the cosmetic do this as if you use the 5 pages (see Aranae post above)
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
    Options
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If I can fix this hideous glow I don't mind paying tbh.

It's been months. :(
    Options
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I do believe ZOS would do this. In fact, I believe it’s HIGHLY LIKELY they will. Case in point, there are several ZOS-created problems in the game that have crown store solutions, such as inventory issues, the lack of an in-game barber shop most other games have, etc. Them selling a faint gray/black subtle glow style for this skill in the future is definitely a possibility.
    Options
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin why ignore us if this post has this many comments and engagement?
    Options
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    joseayalac wrote: »

If I can fix this hideous glow I don't mind paying tbh.

It's been months. :(

I do mind. I already paid for a functional game, pay monthly for that game to keep running and paid extra for a weapon pack that I won't get a refund for despite not working as originally intended anymore due to a 'feature' that, speaking by quality, could very well just be some modders missing test files having a field day on the live servers.

I'm not gonna pay again just to get this 'fixed'. And frankly I don't believe that'd be too legal in EU.
    Options
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    joseayalac wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin why ignore us if this post has this many comments and engagement?

Probably because they considere this as a minor cosmetic issue, when for some of us, there is way more than the cosmetic issue.

I admit that for me its cosmetic but mainly eyes issues.

Though as ZOS love absolutely all those flashy colors and add more and more along the years, its a no no for them and what is best than ignore people to push them to abandon a request.

A sad move.
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
    Options
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has ZoS decided to ignore this issue?
    NB players have completely lost faith in the game creators.
    Options
  • LatentBuzzard
    LatentBuzzard
    ✭✭✭

Templar and Necro players have a weekly support group if you'd like details of your nearest meeting.

Options
  • Vaqual
    Vaqual
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Templar and Necro players have a weekly support group if you'd like details of your nearest meeting.

No, we are not welcome there. The other classes treat us with disdain. Let us wallow in our own misery.
    Options
  • Tormijumal
    Tormijumal
    Soul Shriven
    The whole nightblade class fantasy is to be a stealthy thief/assassin. It totally breaks my immersion and makes the class less fun to play.
    Also what is the point of buying cosmetics for your assassin if you get flooded by red light? People don't like it and the company makes less money. I believe removing the permanent effect would be a win-win situation for sure.
    Options
  • Kaelalas
    Kaelalas
    Soul Shriven
    I actually really like how the Grim Focus glow looks on my nightblade!
    That being said, I think glow effects from skills should be toggleable. That way folks like me can continue to enjoy it, and folks who would rather go without it can do so, too.

5yrwg5o6oc5t.jpg
    yavpvf23dgsp.jpg
    87sbylnkb9dz.jpg
    i2tgoswapew9.jpg
    Options
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As they do so much with graphics, they could allow us a settings to remove this, AND some of the violent flashes that came lately with some recall or mounts.

They allowed people to remove pets if they dont want to see them, they could allow us to remove some special effects
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaelalas wrote: »
    I actually really like how the Grim Focus glow looks on my nightblade!
    That being said, I think glow effects from skills should be toggleable. That way folks like me can continue to enjoy it, and folks who would rather go without it can do so, too.

5yrwg5o6oc5t.jpg
    yavpvf23dgsp.jpg
    87sbylnkb9dz.jpg
    i2tgoswapew9.jpg

I think rather than starting to add toggles for skills that it would be better to add this as a customizable optional weapon effect/style for everyone. :) Have it on any class in any color or not as one prefers.
    Options
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the grim focus perma glow. It's my favorite part of playing the nightblade
    Options
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The grim focus permaglow is the worst part of playing my Nightblade: :(
    Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they so insist on having a glow I'd take them making it any good instead, just steal bound armament old effect and recolour, make it not show on bound style and call it a fix.
    Options
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this perma-glow and hope they don't change it. I've got it on my vampire nb who is also decked out in black and red and it looks awesome. That red glow with their red abilities, I changed all customized actions to the red ones available, put him on a red glowing mount... it's just perfect.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this perma-glow and hope they don't change it. I've got it on my vampire nb who is also decked out in black and red and it looks awesome. That red glow with their red abilities, I changed all customized actions to the red ones available, put him on a red glowing mount... it's just perfect.

But this is why it should be a style option and not tied to an ability. I’m happy for you to be able to style your nightblade as you like. However, I don’t think it’s right that those of us who chose the class with other visions in mind and maybe even bought weapon styles that are now obliterated if we slot this ability. I don’t want to take away the option to glow red from anyone who likes it, just give us back the option to NOT glow all the time.
    Options
  • Purashido
    Purashido
    ✭✭
    I honestly thought it was some bugs, since TESO has many of these, but damn, it really was intended. I don't mind glowing stuff, but I like to decide when and how I put glow on my character. And I sure don't like having my not that invisible anymore 2h sword glowing red on my rear, it defeats the purpose of why I bought soul bound weapons. So yes, make it a toggle, please. I'm good with the glow if unsheathed, hell it even looks great with the blue/red mix, but I hate it when it's sheathed. I removed the skill just because it was annoying to look at my character.
    Options
  • kyatos_binarini
    kyatos_binarini
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any official response from ZOS among these 32 pages? So tired of the "sniper's aim" on my character.
    rhuzgw25v9u1.png
    Edited by kyatos_binarini on April 27, 2024 12:18PM
    Options
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Icy @ZOS_Bill @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_Kelly @ZOS_RichLambert

When are you going to stop ignoring the most commented issue on the forums?
    Options
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve said a few times that it is my belief when styling makes it to class skills they’ll give us a way to solve the issue then. Hopefully, in light of how many people are upset by this problem they created in the first place, the solution will be free or earnable in-game, not some crown store exclusive. And if they’re not working on some solution for this, I know I’m going to be very, very disappointed.
    Options