Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Grim Focus Permaglow

• Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lauranae wrote: »
    [240524-005411]
    [240524-005498]
    [240524-005375]
    [240524-005434]
    [240524-005471]

In case you did not beleive me, here are the 5 tickets send to support to delete my data and account.

If anything was fun in ESO, and helped me to go through hard health issue, it was YOU people. So thank you for all

I had intended my previous post in this thread to be my last, but I wouod urge you not to actually delete your accounts, but rather take a break from the game. I feel your frustration and I too am really unhappy with how this was handled, although not surprised (hence my deleting some NB characters and no longer buying weapons styles). I was upset enough with other changes in U35 to stop my sub for the first time and break from the game for a while, until what I missed was finally more than what upset me. That is why I would encourage you not to do anything so drastic as deleting accounts now, but take a break, and maybe you will want to come back eventually on one or more of them and play a different class or a different role. I’ve been trying NB healing and tanking, for instance.

In any case, I wish you all the best.

I wish you the best too. For me game have been desinstalled. All folders related to the game deleted as well as any pictures done. When i feel i have enough i have enough.

It is not new. Since some years, the attitude towards players have been hectic and not honest to say the least. I will delete my forum account soon after this one. So i am not sure you will get this.

That was quite an adventure, but when i feel i am abused, i know its time to stop

I had still 2 accounts subs, and bought the 2 gold expansion, but i do not care. So long folks, and have fun
    My most recent characters
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
    Options
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all. to reiterate here, it is working as intended. There are no plans right now to adjust The Grim Focus permaglow.

That is very sad.
    Edited by Taggund on May 24, 2024 9:07PM
    Options
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we still not have a reliable way to say when we have 5 stacks? I removed the skill from the bar since I cannot stand color and have not used in since.
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do we still not have a reliable way to say when we have 5 stacks? I removed the skill from the bar since I cannot stand color and have not used in since.
    Yes, I also ended up removing it (by paying gold to deallocate the skill points). I'm pretty angry that ZOS have chosen to ignore a lot of us, and keep this ridiculous feature. I can perfectly understand Lauranae's response.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • Lance_Caugheyb14_ESO
    This kinda kills the skill for me, it's just ugly and intrusive for a skill I'm only slotting on my backbar
    Options
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all. to reiterate here, it is working as intended. There are no plans right now to adjust The Grim Focus permaglow.

with all due respect, how can it be working as intended if the glow doesn't even properly line up with many, even most, weapon/style combinations?
    Options
  • nwilliams2107b16_ESO
    nwilliams2107b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally love the glow, suits my character down to the ground. I’m no programmer or anything, how difficult a job would it be to add a toggle in the settings for off and on?
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laniakea_0 wrote: »

with all due respect, how can it be working as intended if the glow doesn't even properly line up with many, even most, weapon/style combinations?

Clearly that's how they intended it to work.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Disappointed.

I just hate how the permaglow clashes with weapons that have their own unique glowing effect. Sigh.

"Working as intended"

jkamxoxn9k3n.png

Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    Options
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So the difference between PC and console is deliberate? Console need to respec to remove the glow whereas PC just need to slot a different skill.

Why?
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So the difference between PC and console is deliberate? Console need to respec to remove the glow whereas PC just need to slot a different skill.

Why?
    I play on PC, and had to respec to remove the glow.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »

Why?
    I play on PC, and had to respec to remove the glow.

You had the glow even when the skill was not slotted? We (console) have to actually remove the skill point from the skill to remove the glow. It's the first time I've heard that happen on PC
    Options
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [240524-005411]
    [240524-005498]
    [240524-005375]
    [240524-005434]
    [240524-005471]

In case you did not beleive me, here are the 5 tickets send to support to delete my data and account.

If anything was fun in ESO, and helped me to go through hard health issue, it was YOU people. So thank you for all

I had intended my previous post in this thread to be my last, but I wouod urge you not to actually delete your accounts, but rather take a break from the game. I feel your frustration and I too am really unhappy with how this was handled, although not surprised (hence my deleting some NB characters and no longer buying weapons styles). I was upset enough with other changes in U35 to stop my sub for the first time and break from the game for a while, until what I missed was finally more than what upset me. That is why I would encourage you not to do anything so drastic as deleting accounts now, but take a break, and maybe you will want to come back eventually on one or more of them and play a different class or a different role. I’ve been trying NB healing and tanking, for instance.

In any case, I wish you all the best.

I wish you the best too. For me game have been desinstalled. All folders related to the game deleted as well as any pictures done. When i feel i have enough i have enough.

It is not new. Since some years, the attitude towards players have been hectic and not honest to say the least. I will delete my forum account soon after this one. So i am not sure you will get this.

That was quite an adventure, but when i feel i am abused, i know its time to stop

I had still 2 accounts subs, and bought the 2 gold expansion, but i do not care. So long folks, and have fun

I’m just so very sorry they won’t fix this and that it is causing players to feel this way 😢
    Options
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭

why not run this suggestion by the dev team:
    the glow should appear in stages similar to the passive effect that improves the flame whip ability on Dragonknights. that way there would be NO GLOW while you're not using the ability.
    Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

In that case, can we get one of these OP glowing abilities for every class? I want my templar to glow as bright as the sun.
    Options
  • FoJul
    FoJul
    ✭✭✭
    It's hilarious that the class that is supposed to be stealthy now has a spotlight following it.

Why is this on all of the time? Who thought this was a good idea?
    I'm actually baffled THIS is intended. This looks busted and not thought-through. You can't convince me it was intended to work for the gloambound weapons.

a5vv9ak5i1jd.png

Is this a Zelda game? I have my own navi fairy now?

Hey! Listen!

just fyi, nightblade is a Dark magic wizard too xD
    Options
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok then. I was already on the cusp of pausing my account. This pretty much clinched it for me.

Until this is corrected, I will not return to ESO.
    Options
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally love the glow, suits my character down to the ground. I’m no programmer or anything, how difficult a job would it be to add a toggle in the settings for off and on?

You know, I hear this quite often as a suggestion for an easy fix: just give us a toggle. I suppose it is meant as a helpful and time saving suggestion. However, based on my own modest (but professional) experience, it's more like an invitation to transgress against good coding practices. As a developer, you are expected to maintain well structured and self-explanatory code. Your colleague, successor and future self will not be happy with your unsystematic ad-hoc modifications. It's probably common that devs come under pressure to make such changes anyway, but it's part of their responsibility to push back against such requests unless the case for it is very compelling.
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
    Options
  • Alp
    Alp
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, that's depressing.
    How can you call it intentional when only the user can see it? At least go all the way then and let everyone see it.
    Edited by Alp on May 26, 2024 11:31PM
    Options
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alp wrote: »
    At least go all the way then and let everyone see it.
    YES please make all the NBs glow bright red in PvP

(I hope there's plans to give a visual progress indicator for charges without using addons)
    Edited by xylena_lazarow on May 26, 2024 11:42PM
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
    Options
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it reaches 5 stacks, it will glow red.
    This task can be completed by AI in 10 seconds, Is this an impossible task for 100 game creators?
    Options
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why is weapons glowing all the time intended? If it was glowing when we had 5 stacks and could trigger it, that would make sense since that would be a good visual indicator that it can be triggered. Right now it does nothing except forcing our weapons to glow with a red light all the time.

I'm another NB who slot out the skill unless I need it for harder content because I hate having the glow all the time. Really wish you would change the glow to either not be there at all, or at the very least, only glow when we have 5 stacks and can fire the skill.
    Options
  • Vrelanier
    Vrelanier
    ✭✭✭
    There are no plans right now to adjust The Grim Focus permaglow.

"right now" ... so there is hope!
    Options
  • Alp
    Alp
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vrelanier wrote: »
    There are no plans right now to adjust The Grim Focus permaglow.

"right now" ... so there is hope!

hope.gif
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am not sure how this can be considered “working as intended”. The glow serves no purpose now.

Is the intended purpose of the skill to have no purpose?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure how this can be considered “working as intended”. The glow serves no purpose now.

The glow is supposed to glow, because while glowing we can see the glow glowing all over the place and bask in the glow of the glow... >.>
    Options
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The glow is supposed to glow, because while glowing we can see the glow glowing all over the place and bask in the glow of the glow... >.>

"What's this?

"It's a red glow."

"What does it do?"

"It glows red, duh."
    Options
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin is this ACTUALLY working as intended? Or is it "they can't find a way to fix it so I have to tell you it is intended." Because, if its the first one, I would question why. Just like templar jabs animation change, this is a wildly unpopular change. Why keep such an unpopular change? If it is the second one, then I think everyone would be more appreciative if people were honest about it.

Well, hopefully skill styling can serve as some manner of fix when that launches.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
    Options
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin I really want the devs to rethink this decision. I keep trying to get back into playing my NB, but I just give up after a few days. I like to match outfits with mounts etc. and this literally makes it impossible. How can they, after ALL this feedback, remain steadfast with this crappy decision?

@LukosCreyden yeah, creating a problem, let people suffer for a long time and then offer the solution, solution usually costs money. They WILL be monetizing Styling, so, I wouldn't be surprised tbh.
    Edited by Shagreth on May 29, 2024 9:01PM
    Options
  • MickeyBN
    MickeyBN
    ✭✭✭✭

And just like that I'm done with ESO.

You made a change nobody asked for and despite seeing hundreds of people petition to have it changed, remain stubbornly firm on your decision.

You guys need to remember that we the paying customers are the ones playing the game, when we come together to voice our concerns about a change to an aesthetic, it's in your best interests to listen to us.

See ya guys, good luck with the next expansion and everything in the future.
    Vaelerys Nightborn - Bosmer Nightblade PC NA
    Options