Grim Focus Permaglow

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Just wanted to follow up here. Thanks for the feedback so far. The Grim Focus glow is working as intended currently. However, we are monitoring player feedback on this. In feedback, please make sure to note why you like or dislike the glow, as we have seen player feedback regarding both.

It looks like a bug instead of a feature.

Why not make the glow visible only when the weapon is drawn? It would make more sense for the glow to not be there when the weapon is sheathed. Right?

That would not fix the problem. Many weapon styles bought from the Crown store are only seen to full effect when drawn. This hideous malaligned glow completely obscures that. I really wish the skill would be reverted and players given another option via weapon or skill styles to give their weapons a glow, if desired. Effects from skills should only be informative (ie., on activation, when at full stacks, etc.).

It only lights up red when stacked at 5. It's best choice.
    Resetting Grim Focus to its old effect will ver nerf Nightblade.
    Please don't try to nerf Nightblade.

Nightblade had been one of my favorite classes, but now I don’t run Grim Focus at all because I cannot stand the horrid permaglow, so reverting the skill would not be a nerf to me.

In the meantime, I’m glad NB are one of the meta healers for trials, having fun with that, and I enjoy the skills NB has for tanking as well.
    Options
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Just wanted to follow up here. Thanks for the feedback so far. The Grim Focus glow is working as intended currently. However, we are monitoring player feedback on this. In feedback, please make sure to note why you like or dislike the glow, as we have seen player feedback regarding both.

It looks like a bug instead of a feature.

Why not make the glow visible only when the weapon is drawn? It would make more sense for the glow to not be there when the weapon is sheathed. Right?

That would not fix the problem. Many weapon styles bought from the Crown store are only seen to full effect when drawn. This hideous malaligned glow completely obscures that. I really wish the skill would be reverted and players given another option via weapon or skill styles to give their weapons a glow, if desired. Effects from skills should only be informative (ie., on activation, when at full stacks, etc.).

It only lights up red when stacked at 5. It's best choice.
    Resetting Grim Focus to its old effect will ver nerf Nightblade.
    Please don't try to nerf Nightblade.

Nightblade had been one of my favorite classes, but now I don’t run Grim Focus at all because I cannot stand the horrid permaglow, so reverting the skill would not be a nerf to me.

In the meantime, I’m glad NB are one of the meta healers for trials, having fun with that, and I enjoy the skills NB has for tanking as well.

No, it's a nerf.
    If you don't want the red light just say "remove the red light".
    Why would you want to nerf Nightblade DPS?
    Options
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it's a nerf.
    If you don't want the red light just say "remove the red light".
    Why would you want to nerf Nightblade DPS?

It's a nerf for the people who use the skill regardless of the terrible glow.

It's a buff for the people that get to run NBs strongest skill again because the glow doesn't get in the way.
    Options
  • lostineternity
    lostineternity
    ✭✭✭
    After reading this topic, I once again ensured that they don't care about feedback from players. As a developer myself, I guarantee you that they could fix this bug in less than a day, but they won't because they don't care. Everything that does not increase financial profit will be ignored. Unfortunately, it is true. They rather spend developers' and designers' time on creating another set of crown store items.

I was especially struck by Kevin's passive-aggressive post that they don't plan to do anything about it.
    This is exactly the text that Bethesda support responded to people they robbed on pre-orders of Fallout 76.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything that does not increase financial profit will be ignored.

I understand where you're coming from, however this permaglow is actually preventing people from spending money on expensive arms packs, and has motivated others to ask for refunds. They are most definitely losing money by sticking to their guns on this issue. That alone would suggest that it may be more of a 'we can't fix it' than a 'we don't want to fix it.' However, we'll never really know, as long as the only answer is, "It's working as intended."

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • KaosWarMonk
    KaosWarMonk
    ✭✭✭✭
    FWIW... I hadn't really considered this issue very much. However I recently scored the primal wolf skin and when I put it on my werewolf NB the perma-glow screws up the colouring around the face and eyes. Toon looks cool in character select, in game with the glow, not so much.
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Everything that does not increase financial profit will be ignored.

I understand where you're coming from, however this permaglow is actually preventing people from spending money on expensive arms packs, and has motivated others to ask for refunds. They are most definitely losing money by sticking to their guns on this issue. That alone would suggest that it may be more of a 'we can't fix it' than a 'we don't want to fix it.' However, we'll never really know, as long as the only answer is, "It's working as intended."

This. Exactly. I’ve bought weapon styles from the Crown store for my main Nightblade and was considering buying additional until this horrid permaglow ruined the styles I do have. Why would I even consider buying any more?
    Options
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's profitable for them to ignore this issue and focus dev efforts on crown store items.

This is pushing players away from the game and also prevents many players from buying cosmetic stuff.

I, for instance, don't feel comfortable buying styles for any class, knowing they could gut the looks any day with a poorly implemented change.

It's a bad look for the company when they make this kind of low quality implementation and then refuse to even acknowledge it's poorly implemented.
    Options
  • shimm
    shimm
    ✭✭✭✭
    joseayalac wrote: »
    This is pushing players away from the game and also prevents many players from buying cosmetic stuff.

They’re pushing away about 20 people that keep this thread necro’d. The same people replying to it.

If an issue this small pushes you away from the game, I’d argue that you don’t like the game all that much.
    Options
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was already starting to wonder when the monthly pvp player would show up to miss the topic.
    You're late.
    Options
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    shimm wrote: »
    If an issue this small pushes you away from the game, I’d argue that you don’t like the game all that much.
    Not a small issue when it messes up paid cosmetics, leaving players feeling like they wasted money. Personally, I dislike it from a mechanical standpoint, because the glow means nothing. It's just there, and I'm still stuck using an addon if I want to track my charges. Using the glow to indicate full charge would've made too much sense?
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shimm wrote: »
    joseayalac wrote: »

They’re pushing away about 20 people that keep this thread necro’d. The same people replying to it.

20 people who care enough to actually post in a forum could be 200 or 2,000 people who actually come to the forums, care, but don't post, or 20,000 or 200,000 people who care, but never bothered to visit or take the time to set up a forum account.

Any time you see a vocal minority about any subject, rest assured that there's a silent majority that also cares, but doesn't comment.

Personally, I don't mind the glow.... but I've also never paid for an arms pack that was originally intended to hide the presence of my weapons. And I'm not a fan of change for the sake of change, at the expense of those who preferred the way things have been since the beginning, and who have built their characters accordingly..... especially when the glow does not align with the weapons or where the weapons should be, and looks out of place. Other things, like removing the stealth that Bosmer have enjoyed for 20 years of TES lore just to create some PvP only passive that most players will never utilize DO bother me, and I will make my thoughts about such things known as often as I see fit. And if some folks get tired of reading my posts, there are solutions that they can utilize to make things better for themselves.

Edited by Jaraal on June 27, 2024 3:57PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Reasonchill
    Reasonchill
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    20 people who care enough to actually post in a forum could be 200 or 2,000 people who actually come to the forums, care, but don't post, or 20,000 or 200,000 people who care, but never bothered to visit or take the time to set up a forum account.

Exactly. And I've said it before already, others did, too. Simply reading the thread (by that commenter) would work wonders in this case. Or not participating in a conversation at all - that involves listening (reading) first. Literally, and I do mean LITERALLY every sentence of those messages has been addressed before, directly. As if repeating all the contents of this thread to each person separately wouldn't inflate it even more.

It's also way more than 20 in this thread. Those who actually took the time to go through writing a long effortful message and risking getting that kind of response. "I didn't read what you said, but here's why you shouldn't care".
    Exactly this has been said already, too, btw.
    And why do those people need variety? In reason and in people. It would take 1 person to say this, should be enough. Why would you need more?

All has been said already. A raw change, implemented before finished, can't put it back where it came from now, need to finish it up after release.
    This thread is a mess working as intended.
    Edited by Reasonchill on June 27, 2024 7:52PM
    Options