Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Grim Focus Permaglow

Jazraena
Jazraena
✭✭✭✭✭
Grim Focus now makes your weapons permanently glow just for having the ability slotted:

poazwz0oinib.png

Not like this was pointed out on PTS or anything already.

If your plan was to make me stop using the ability you've done a stellar job, ZOS.
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on November 1, 2023 6:18PM
  • Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me its amazing. No need to use weapons from arms pack.
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it wasn't red I'd like it better. I'm not into red - nor yellow either.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arthtur wrote: »

For me it's a deal breaker. I don't want glowy anything out of combat on my characters. Considering how players hated the entire daedric armour mess in the beginning you'd think ZOS would learn.
    Options
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Complained on PTS and no one else cared lol. It's a substantial glow too! I like taking screenshots of my character (see fashion megathread) and this just ruins that. I have to unslot an ability just to take screenshots? I'm fine with the glow when you whip 'em out, but let us be a little stealth when sheathed. Put your sunglasses on, here comes a NB!
    Options
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elrond87 wrote: »
    [snip]

Pedantic?

How exactly is not wanting extra glowy visual effects on my character for no bloody reason pedantic?

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 21, 2023 3:53PM
    Options
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unsheathed with Prior Thierric daggers makes a nice pinkish purple that matches my new eyes though...

AIL4fc8obq0EwZbI9RtMJvnvhJRQIW7fBn2R0AmyG9bXPkT16RDCberkiFCyXQYUXwv17C2RaKEVfSQLYXc89flbslE4XiLpUB31edGwQB7EGplO2TWiddXX4xzPYJ-Cpn_EaCcM_2-7N9IYbO21558oKyNWig=w952-h952-s-no?authuser=0

AIL4fc_oje6_A5fOpInX_b8c9ID8wWijf9WGKatLw-q2AiHzB_u5El5Hb-DXi0mZnTZXCqEH2R4hk3hl-6vsnev7BT85yUAJecK5AqLwqEBWw5b8A7UnBzkR8zg2ghKUDlbvWZ9p3Vv9kmE_NlC-0p97pnLtMw=w955-h955-s-no?authuser=0
    Options
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even in bright sunshine you can see it:
    AIL4fc91PV9k1aTi06cgR8USQOk2v_6ZdS3e5fgl0h3zIrFMlSmD4xw1xXOy19iZ1bFTyeGTZa8ebur-8hZBx0vUbfIRD8amQsJsr1ljgn5bhQSeFuAfnBJmYTljVJKxOOmWr6G3V6JXogTmDMjXtitvwTjsjA=w955-h956-s-no?authuser=0
    Options
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    it's extra cool when you're using the gloambound arms pack B) Really excited to have to remove grim focus off my bar every time I want to take a screenshot now /s

gylg8vzxssu6.png
    Edited by emilyhyoyeon on August 21, 2023 3:50PM
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher
    Options
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's extra cool when you're using the gloambound arms pack B) /s

I usually rock one Prior Thierric and one Gloambound (I like the single dagger look when sheathed) but the floating glow made me switch to dual Thierrics :neutral:
    Options
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh right, Gloambound. I use those on my vampire nightblade.

The good news just keep piling up.
    Options
  • illusiouk
    illusiouk
    ✭✭✭
    Arthtur wrote: »

That is why it will get fixed, [snip]

[edited for minor bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 21, 2023 3:57PM
    Options
  • Akynathos
    Akynathos
    ✭✭✭
    I for one agree with OP. Permanent glowy! vfx on the player character are a tad bit over the top.

Not everyone likes playing a laser-unicorn, pardon the exaggeration, especially in a setting that is brimming with awesome non-magical adventurers as well, be they player or NPC. Having a way to disable that effect during non-combat situations seems appropriate, be it via an activation state (like being in combat) or a menu option or otherwise.
    Options
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yup, that one was... bad, to say the least. I get why the glow is there, since the bow hurts, but the glow has no reason to appear until you have at least one stack.
    On indefinite hiatus since U41.
    Options
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And just to visualize mentioned gloambound fun on weapons hanging off the hip, too:

klx7co2x3mbb.png
    Options
  • Celticmagick
    Yeah, I love the idea that we no longer have to "buff" the ability, but the constant glow is annoying. It would be nice to have the option to disable ability glows in settings or with a mod.
    Options
  • Tra_Lalan
    Tra_Lalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this change. [NB main with gloambound].

Also the aura from this ability use to be visible for glombound weapons before. There was even some sort of visual glitch from time to time when you took out the weapon and hide it. The aura effect stayed in the air.

Options
  • Shihp00
    Shihp00
    ✭✭✭
    Great Change, let me keep the glow plsz :'(
    Options
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tra_Lalan wrote: »

Also the aura from this ability use to be visible for glombound weapons before. There was even some sort of visual glitch from time to time when you took out the weapon and hide it. The aura effect stayed in the air.

yeah, but the difference is that now it doesn't go away once the ability runs out because it doesn't run out anymore, that's the problem
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher
    Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin hey sorry for bothering but that's pretty easy issue to look at and have a fix at least this year.
    Options
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    If it wasn't red I'd like it better. I'm not into red - nor yellow either.

Red is the theme color for Nightblades... Anyway, I would also prefer if the glow went away when weapons are sheathed.
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, my few NBs ignore red, outside of the spells they use. I don't like red - and I'm not all that fond of NBs either....

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, this issue came up on PTS.

One elegant solution that someone suggested there was to have the 'Grim Focus' glow only come up when the spectral arrow was ready. The icon was also changed from a completely different one to a glow, so it's a bit harder to see when it's up now. Having the weapons not glow until you have the bowproc ready would also make it a lot easier to see when you're ready to fire.
    Options
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One elegant solution that someone suggested there was to have the 'Grim Focus' glow only come up when the spectral arrow was ready. The icon was also changed from a completely different one to a glow, so it's a bit harder to see when it's up now. Having the weapons not glow until you have the bowproc ready would also make it a lot easier to see when you're ready to fire.

That would be a great visual indicator.
    Options
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is sort of annoying. In my opinion it should only glow in combat or when you have proc ready or have stacks.
    Options
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treeshka wrote: »
    This is sort of annoying. In my opinion it should only glow in combat or when you have proc ready or have stacks.

YES 100% agree.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Options
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS needs to learn about "toggling" new "features" as they move along from one update to the next so they aren't constantly having their people doing so much busy work, fixing past issues, that the workpile just gets overwhelming.

I already see Bethesda employees nodding with me on this one.
    Edited by EmEm_Oh on August 21, 2023 8:52PM
    Options
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I find that bright yellow glow kindda hard to miss. :p
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's visually distracting and a bit tiring on the eyes... I generally like the red themed weapons on my NB (who have Deadlands red themed outfits anyway) but the perma glow is too much, and also not going to suit any other colour schemes that people might want to do on their weapons and outfits. @ZOS_Kevin please tell us that this is at least being looked into....
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Just wanted to follow up here. Thanks for the feedback so far. The Grim Focus glow is working as intended currently. However, we are monitoring player feedback on this. In feedback, please make sure to note why you like or dislike the glow, as we have seen player feedback regarding both.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    perma-glow is intended? why?
    Options