Grim Focus Permaglow

• Robvenom
    Robvenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AstroST wrote: »
    Robvenom wrote: »
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Just wanted to follow up here. Thanks for the feedback so far. The Grim Focus glow is working as intended currently. However, we are monitoring player feedback on this. In feedback, please make sure to note why you like or dislike the glow, as we have seen player feedback regarding both.

Keep it, i like it.

Templare tank healer, but he is happy to ruin a class he doesn't even play for so many people.
    Such great community in ESO:

Imagine if people could play more than one class /facepalm
    Edited by Robvenom on September 6, 2023 2:15PM
    Puppet the Peanut - Templar Tank/Healer
    Options
  • AstroST
    AstroST
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Just wanted to follow up here. Thanks for the feedback so far. The Grim Focus glow is working as intended currently. However, we are monitoring player feedback on this. In feedback, please make sure to note why you like or dislike the glow, as we have seen player feedback regarding both.

Keep it, i like it.

Templare tank healer, but he is happy to ruin a class he doesn't even play for so many people.
    Such great community in ESO:

Imagine if people could play more than one class /facepalm

So your main is not the templar right? You put in signature just becasue. ....
    I'm really happy you like to glow in NB, hope you really enjoy it.
    Options
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the update did not "fix" the spell effect. - The red glow is still permanent, irritating, meaningless, interferring with every weapon pack ever bought and killing my excitement over playing my 5 years old nightblade.

Great. - Perhaps we should write tickets ingame instead, apparently nothing that is discussed on the forums actually causes a change to the better. And I'm tired of the "If we give players the silent treatment, we can always go the cheaper route" kinda approach Zos keeps presenting lately.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the update did not "fix" the spell effect. - The red glow is still permanent, irritating, meaningless, interferring with every weapon pack ever bought and killing my excitement over playing my 5 years old nightblade.

Great. - Perhaps we should write tickets ingame instead, apparently nothing that is discussed on the forums actually causes a change to the better. And I'm tired of the "If we give players the silent treatment, we can always go the cheaper route" kinda approach Zos keeps presenting lately.

It worked pretty well with the Templar jabs vampiric staff gravedigger animation, didn't it? Not as many players complaining about it as before. At least they acknowledged that the permaglow is working as intended. They remained silent on all questions about the Jabs and Flurry animation nerfs.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm pondering to demand a refund for the arms packs I do have. Not like I can make use of them on my nightblades.
    Options
  • AstroST
    AstroST
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin we are still waiting for an answer, will you leave this thing or will you remove it?
    I hope that ESO management don't think that we have the attention span of a toddler and that you can just be silent hoping that everyone will be happy at the end.

I am on hold now, I need to decide if I have to create a new char or not.
    Please show us some respect, just give us an answer.

Many thanks.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I’ve seen this on PS and I have no idea when to hit the button for the spectral bow unless I look down at the ability timers. This is a huge mistake.

I’ve played this character for more than 6 years and never had to look away to do her skill rotation before. I miss so many chances to use this skill now.

Granted everyone is allowed to have an opinion on this, but I have to say that the opinion that someone says “I like the red glow because it’s pretty” should not have more weighting than someone who says “I hate the red glow because I can’t use the skill anymore”.

It doesn’t bother me that the glow is there all the time so much as it gives me no information as to the status of whether I have 5 stacks like it did before.

thats the way i see it, it would make more sense to me if you got the red glow at 5 stacks so it was obvious when to use it

like DK molten whip have different visuals (albeit very minimal) to relate to how many stacks you have for that skill
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • MZ333
    MZ333
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_Wrobel I am tagging the two of you specifically.
    I have already said my piece back on page 6. As much as I said then, I would omit none of it now, while now having plenty more to say about it. All negative. I have mained my Nightblade near as long as you Gilliam, and I only preface that because Nightblade is special to you like it is to me. I play all classes in all content. This has been my game, the game for me, my only game. For 9 years. I want to see ESOs 10th Anniversary. I want to see my ESO 10th Anniversary soon after. Though that is years away I do not know If I can if this cannot be addressed before U40, only months away, after this has only been live on U39 for weeks. Because this is about so much more than a color.

I get the combat changes to the skill.
    I get the combat team exploring single slotted skills applying on both bars introduced in U38.
    I get the reduction in skill IDs.
    https://esoitem.uesp.net/viewlog.php?search=Grim+Focus&searchtype=.
    I do not get the removal of the Spectral Arrow icon at 5 stacks.
    I do not get the permanent glow.
    I can how get how either of you could play Nightblade for almost a decade and not speak about how difficult it now is to know when and if the skill can be fired between the 4th stack and 5th LA connecting in its current form on the U39 PTS to the right ears between the relevant teams for it to not get implemented in U39 without any change in form.
    I can also get if you did.
    What I would like y’all to get is you did not say it loud enough.

The skill needs the icon change when the bow can be fired again. The sound needs to ding when the icon changes if you are on the other bar and cant see it again. The red glow needs to not show until the bow proc changes the icon and the distinct ding sound plays or the red glow needs to go away. Permanently. As of now its just a permanent finger in my face reminding me that firing the bow every 6th or 7th Light Attack instead is SO MUCH WORSE than dead casting the skill at the 4th stack.
    Consult the animation teams, coding teams, the combat teams, the people in a position to choose priorities. Again I hope. Scream it in their face this time and come together for a few minutes to rectify this. Cause I have spent enough time allowing this 🚩to keep screaming in mine.
    Hotfix the red glow out if you cant or wont, cause I can and will. However 9 years is unfortunately not 10…
    Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eric isn't with the team since like 2019 or even earlier, that's when we started to lose any identity left so rapidly.
    Options
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, both @ZOS_Kevin and @ZOS_GinaBruno were active on the forums today, with this thread (and subject) being a rather conspicuous exception. So yes, I think it is quite safe to assume that the discount Sith Lord mode is here to stay.

First Shovelplar, now Darthblade, any bets on which class' visual they will ruin next?
    On indefinite hiatus since U41.
    Options
  • AstroST
    AstroST
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, both @ZOS_Kevin and @ZOS_GinaBruno were active on the forums today, with this thread (and subject) being a rather conspicuous exception. So yes, I think it is quite safe to assume that the discount Sith Lord mode is here to stay.

First Shovelplar, now Darthblade, any bets on which class' visual they will ruin next?

You may want to change the last phrase, I've been warned for saying something very similar.
    Options
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You may want to change the last phrase, I've been warned for saying something very similar.

I, too, live in fear of further animation and visual "improvements".
    My stamsorc's animations look great with her greatsword, I'd hate for an "update" to come along and ruin it all with yet another 'vanishing weapon' animation.

Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
    Options
  • ElvenOverlord
    ElvenOverlord
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the red permaglow myself, it looks pretty sick.
    Options
  • AstroST
    AstroST
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_Wrobel

Can you please give us an answer?
    Will the permaglow for just having the skill slotted stay or will it be removed?

At this point I don't even care anymore what the decision will be, I just want to know the final answer so I can move on.

Can you show us some little respect and for once deliver that promised improved cmmunication?

Many thanks.
    Options
  • WoodenHeart
    WoodenHeart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate the red permaglow. Instead of a stealthy Khajiit, I now look like some weird futuristic neon elf. It doesn't match my green and white outfit at all, and makes me feel very unstealthy. I don't want to be in some red spotlight all the time! And in combat it hinders my ability to see boss warning signs. Please get rid of it!
    Options
  • KapiteinBoterham
    KapiteinBoterham
    ✭✭✭
    p7k5e1ura6ke.jpg

7jr34fwbku3k.png
    Options
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are we 100% sure this is tied to Grim Focus?

Because I have a Nightblade who does not have points put into that skill at all, much less slotted, and my weapons permaglow red now as well. My Nightblade friend also noticed the permaglow last night, but I'm not sure if she has that skill slotted or not.

But as far as me, uh, is this just applied to Nightblades now period?
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because I have a Nightblade who does not have points put into that skill at all, much less slotted, and my weapons permaglow red now as well. My Nightblade friend also noticed the permaglow last night, but I'm not sure if she has that skill slotted or not.

yes, it is tied to that skill, if you unslot the skill, the red glow goes away
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Then PS5 has a special version/problem. I just checked and while I do have skill points in it, it is NOT SLOTTED on front or back bar. But my sword now glows permanently red. And the permanent red persists on every single weapon when looking in the outfit station.

71m0tivo1391.jpeg
    6i59bt6kycs3.jpeg

PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then PS5 has a special version/problem. I just checked and while I do have skill points in it, it is NOT SLOTTED on front or back bar. But my sword now glows permanently red. And the permanent red persists on every single weapon when looking in the outfit station.

71m0tivo1391.jpeg
    6i59bt6kycs3.jpeg

interesting, could there be some other skill also causing the issue? or maybe its possible its giving you the red glow for just having skill pts into the skill at all

either way that seems even worse than being tied to the skill being slotted lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This glow looks ugly and ruins up immersion and customization. Please change it back to what it was.
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
    Options
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭

71m0tivo1391.jpeg
    6i59bt6kycs3.jpeg

No, no. We've already been told that the permanent glow is an intended effect. An active decision with thought put behind it. Not an issue that wasn't bothered to be fixed but attempted to be sold as a feature instead. No problem in sight
    Options
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

71m0tivo1391.jpeg
    6i59bt6kycs3.jpeg

interesting, could there be some other skill also causing the issue? or maybe its possible its giving you the red glow for just having skill pts into the skill at all

For Science, I took the skill points out of Grim Focus and the glow is gone. I then went ahead and put all my points back in since, as one can see, I have plenty to spare LOL. And now the glow remains gone. I haven’t tried assigning the skill back because I just don’t care to test further now that the glow is gone and I don’t use it on this build anyway.

xqw4lfw5c99m.jpeg
    7xmy7ws467j1.jpeg

Options
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭

71m0tivo1391.jpeg
    6i59bt6kycs3.jpeg

For Science, I took the skill points out of Grim Focus and the glow is gone. I then went ahead and put all my points back in since, as one can see, I have plenty to spare LOL. And now the glow remains gone. I haven’t tried assigning the skill back because I just don’t care to test further now that the glow is gone and I don’t use it on this build anyway.

xqw4lfw5c99m.jpeg
    7xmy7ws467j1.jpeg

Thank you for your contribution in testing the limits of the issue, btw. This sheds more light on it all.
    Options
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Given how little I play Nightblade anymore this isn't a huge impact, but since my Craftblade has a glowing red ball since I am using the Gloam staff it is a little annoying to have it just floating there.

I would prefer that the effect was disabled when my weapons are sheathed, but I wouldn't want the developers to spend that much time on it given how many more severe bugs there are in the game right now.
    Playing since beta...
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

71m0tivo1391.jpeg
    6i59bt6kycs3.jpeg

xqw4lfw5c99m.jpeg
    7xmy7ws467j1.jpeg

thats really bad then lol, if you have to completely remove all skill pts from the skill to remove the glow lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats really bad then lol, if you have to completely remove all skill pts from the skill to remove the glow lol

They said it was working as intended. They didn't expand on the impact.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

if on PC it removes the glow when you unslot it, that seems to make more sense

but it seems on console just putting any pts into the skill adds the glow even if you dont slot it seems like a bug
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭

but it seems on console just putting any pts into the skill adds the glow even if you dont slot it seems like a bug

I can confirm that on PC the glow disappears once you remove "Merciless Resolve" (Magic dmg morph) from your bar. I haven't tried Relentless Focus (Disease dmg Morph) yet.
    Options
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can confirm that on PC the glow disappears once you remove "Merciless Resolve" (Magic dmg morph) from your bar. I haven't tried Relentless Focus (Disease dmg Morph) yet.

I can confirm that unslotting Relentless Focus on PC removes the glow.
    Options