The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "New Ragebound Crown Crates"

• AbyssDragon_2115
    AbyssDragon_2115
    ✭✭✭
    KENDALLPOP wrote: »
    400 gems for an outfit? Please tell me this is some kind of pricing mistake, that is obscene.

Belly button tax included
    Which side of a raven has the most feathers?
    The outside.
  • celner4_ESO
    celner4_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The thing that gets me is this whole gambling crate thing. [snip] It’s disheartening. If items were out right buyable instead I’d be fine with that even. [snip] I really hope their ethics change down the road. Because that’s my only real gripe with the game as a casual who plays with their family members and a few people I met though the game. [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 31, 2023 2:30PM
    What is Truth? Not my own truth, and not your truth. But Universal Truth, that is an absolution.
  • Gadamlub14_ESO
    Gadamlub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    After daily reset, no fix for the Crate items being unable to deconstruct into Gems
  • Punitio
    Punitio
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all, just to follow up here. As noted in the article, "Note that the Shade polymorph is automatically unlocked and added to your collectibles when you acquire this one-off bundle (25 Ragebound Crate Bundle) and is not included in the crates themselves."

We are actively trying to get crown crate gifting back up, but our team is still working through some issues related to gifting. As for feedback around the Shade Polymorph being tied to the Ragebound Crate bundle, we will submit any and all feedback related to this to the team. We know this is new, so your feedback is appreciated here. Thanks all.

Hello, will be the 25 bundle with polymorph gifteable after they fix the bug? or only the 15 and lower crates bundle will be gifteable?
  • BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Yall Is there another update at all? I understand it's probably frustrating for you specifically dealing with the inquiry but when I tell you my gold is burning a hole in my pocket lmao...

Like, I'm gonna give the benefit of the doubt and say this is indeed a glitch for this argument. If so, I hope they're giving this top priority because this affects a huge amount of the community. There's gotta be thousands of players who have dealt with tamriel crown exchange, and they have actual developers in that discord supposedly. So I know Zos understands just how much business they gain from gold to crown exchange.

Just saying, this is a big enough glitch that I personally do not feel motivated to renew my eso plus unless this is resolved, and I know I'm not the only one that feels that way.
  • Papasears1982
    Papasears1982
    ✭✭
    any word on crown gifting yet?
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the chonky Ragebound Durzog model :) That neck!

T1ZhxPx.jpg

Idle animations, new one is so savage <3

https://youtu.be/bpYBZ6adrsM

But I wonder if Apex mounts will ever have special effects again, like they used to have in old crate seasons :(

Also, I love to open crates, and I used to purchase them alot before Seals of Endeavors happened. Afterwards, I was watching everyone getting free mounts which costed me very much. I eventually stopped buying crates myself, because the thrill of getting very rare item was never the same again.

Now I finally got a little opportunity to feel the shade of that thrill again :blush: So my feedback about "Polymorph + 25 crates" deal is very positive. It was pleasant to meet Pacrooti again, thank you! If this polymorph doesn't end up in Seals store, I might even purchase another deal like this in future. If not... It is good while it lasts.

Bxippiu.jpg
  • Animar111
    Animar111
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love the new polymorph reminds me of that horror film THE RING.

b13nb5xn6ju8.jpeg
    Edited by Animar111 on April 3, 2023 1:46AM
  • VarisVaris
    VarisVaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This could be evidence that this so called "bug" is nothing but backend coding they've been working in order to push this new crown crate predatory scheme.

We're going to address this directly. We would not call something a bug if it wasn't. The amount of liability in that would be astronomical. When we call something a bug, it is exactly that. The team wants this gifting bug resolved as soon as possible and are working to ensure that. Again, we do understand the frustration with not being able to gift, especially when a new crate comes out. However, it's important that we clarify the quote here.

going call *** on ZoS end on this cause let those crates have not been purchasable at all you guys would shut the whole store down to fix that ***
  • BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    Ya exactly. I said the same thing, they can get much more serious bugs fixed within the hour oftentimes by shutting the crown store down or the server entirely. It gets the highest priority of anything.

So why not now. Y’all are losing money regardless. No update or anything is sus after so long…
  • Zur_Keshh
    Zur_Keshh
    Soul Shriven
    Zorrin wrote: »
    Vvardvark was a superior tier item in the Psijic Crates as well... :confused:
    I'm sure this was probably an oversight, but I do wish we could have had some other old item instead of a repeated crate item. Something like... the Dapple Grey Palfrey that hasn't been available since May 2015 :wink:

Follow-up question for this: is the Vvardvark's appearance in the Ragebound crate (in addition to the Psijic Vault crate) intentional or an oversight? As it stands, this is the first time a crate collectable has ever been re-featured, a head-scratcher considering the breadth of ingame content to choose from.
  • Gadamlub14_ESO
    Gadamlub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Hey man sorry to ping you, but we really need updates on the crate gifting and Gem deconstruction bugs.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_Kevin Hey man sorry to ping you, but we really need updates on the crate gifting and Gem deconstruction bugs.

No need to apologize. We're trying to get more information to relay. However, the team wants to be confident in the date for a fix before letting everyone know. In both cases, the issue has been found and the team is working toward a solution. For the gem deconstruction, we did post current next steps until the fix is live. You can see that here. Once we have a more solid timeline for a fix, we'll be sure to let everyone know.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Gadamlub14_ESO
    Gadamlub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

No need to apologize. We're trying to get more information to relay. However, the team wants to be confident in the date for a fix before letting everyone know. In both cases, the issue has been found and the team is working toward a solution. For the gem deconstruction, we did post current next steps until the fix is live. You can see that here. Once we have a more solid timeline for a fix, we'll be sure to let everyone know.

thank you. For the crate gifting, it doesn't effect me all that much, but can you please give us any information on why its taken so long to try and fix it?
  • ThorinOakenshield86
    So, is this a "bug" for gifting 8k crown bundle only or this will not be giftable at all? Because I see other items can be gifted. If it's a "bug", smells more like a trick - to make those who have not patience to buy it on their own instead of spending their gold. But yea, probably everyone who has more than two brain cells noticed that..... Now people will rather stop buying stuff. I was thinking to get at least this pack plus one more 15 crates pack, but if they don't "fix" this "bug", I'm done with crown store.
  • BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    The crowns sale during these trying times is the icing on the cake lol.

Come on y'all. Have some self-awareness. Even as a glitch thats a slap in the face.

I'd be happy to buy some if y'all at least extend these crates past the usual three month lifecycle once gifting crown crates is reenabled.
  • LassyOfBurgundia
    I have nothing against the fact that the Shade polymorph is locked behind a Crown Crate pack because, as stated before:
    jaws343 wrote: »
    ZOS: "Here you go, spend exactly this amount, get the exact item you want, and we will throw in 25 crates as well."

My problem is that Belgian players have been locked out of buying Crown Crates since 2020 (because of some *** law banning lootboxes and the like - which incidentally banned TES: Blades in its entirety) so we've had to get by with only whatever crates we could earn from watching streams / buying Crown Crate items with Seals of Endeavour.

However, since the Shade polymorph is only available through the purchase of Crown Crates (which - let me emphasize it - is impossible in Belgium) this is effectively locking all Belgian players out of acquiring the Shade polymorph.
    A certain item being unavailable to the players of one specific country - I'm pretty sure there's a term for that.
    • Armagne | Breton | Magica Arcanist
    • Dar'Krin of Riverhold | Khajiit | Hybrid Nightblade
    • Do'Khar-Jo | Khajiit | Stamina Sorcerer
    • Do'Mora | Khajiit | Stamina Arcanist
    Material guardians: M'Risha the Alcookmist | Nagamoriel | La Pie Enchanteresse | Watches-the-Traits | Lymdrenn Stylewarden | Björn Mat-Holder
  • BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    I have nothing against the fact that the Shade polymorph is locked behind a Crown Crate pack because, as stated before:
    jaws343 wrote: »
    ZOS: "Here you go, spend exactly this amount, get the exact item you want, and we will throw in 25 crates as well."

My problem is that Belgian players have been locked out of buying Crown Crates since 2020 (because of some *** law banning lootboxes and the like - which incidentally banned TES: Blades in its entirety) so we've had to get by with only whatever crates we could earn from watching streams / buying Crown Crate items with Seals of Endeavour.

However, since the Shade polymorph is only available through the purchase of Crown Crates (which - let me emphasize it - is impossible in Belgium) this is effectively locking all Belgian players out of acquiring the Shade polymorph.
    A certain item being unavailable to the players of one specific country - I'm pretty sure there's a term for that.

I know what you're going for and its unfortunate and sucks but a bit of a stretch as well. That's an issue with you're gov't, not really Zos, and thats coming from someone who loves critiquing Zos often lol. In my humble opinion of course, which means little.
  • BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    Ayleid crates out now, still no word of when gifting will be reenabled?
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any word on when the crate glitch is getting fixed? Really would like to buy some Ayleid crates.
  • BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin I know you're probs tired of being called upon to the thread, we appreciate your patience. I believe you mentioned we may encroach upon an answer or update two weeks from when you last made that comment in the thread about the crown jewels issue with breaking down the crown crate items, which was fixed.

Is there any update on the issue of gifting?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All,

Sorry for the delay here. I was going for the ESO celebrations and have been catching up on a lot of messages.

We are still working on getting a roll out plan for this issue regarding crown gifting. We still have a few issues pending on our end before we can issue out a date for a fix. In the meantime, we have raised the increased concern from all of you about this issue to our team working on this. We'll continue to follow up and check with the team so that we can provide an ETA as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience on this issue as we continue to work toward a solution.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on April 20, 2023 8:14PM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    Raising concerns definitely a step in the right direction, thank you.

Its puzzling that someone in zos hasn't done that themselves tho, I can imagine the amount of money that y'all would be losing from this glitch. But regardless I will just be happy that the fix comes before these Ragebound Crates are gone.

I don't think crates have ever been extended before but I feel like these and the Ayleid crates need to be in this circumstance.
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wanted to say I'm happy to see a new hairstyle in this crate. Keep them coming!

I also like that there has been a wider variety of animals as Apex mounts lately.

(Though I'm still not thrilled to have costumes and skins at the Apex level.)
  • Akasha_Mei
    Akasha_Mei
    ✭✭
    Yeah, nice crates, but since they were out for us there's still bug in gems extraction. First the outfit parts, after the furniture pieces. I just had to swollow that stuff and get prejudice in the amount of gems.
    Sad to mess with customers pockets...
    Kind Regards,Akasha Mei
  • BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    Theyre fixed! The wait is over!

GG
  • BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    Aaaaand its disabled again xD

@ZOS_Kevin I assume that this was just one of the tests you mentioned they'd be doing?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Aaaaand its disabled again xD

@ZOS_Kevin I assume that this was just one of the tests you mentioned they'd be doing?

Yep, we just followed up here.
    Hi all. As some of you have pointed out, gifting was briefly turned back on for PC NA while we were doing some testing. It was not intentional to remain on and has since been disabled again. We'll let everyone know when gifting is back on and officially available for everyone.
    Staff Post
  • BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    Appreciated, ty. Well at least we're close ^^ Am excited
  • BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin has the team working on this issue of crown crate gifting by chance inched closer to a resolution? If you don’t mind the status check in.