The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can’t exchange crate motifs for gems anymore?

xosaara137ox
xosaara137ox
✭✭✭
Is this intended with the new crates? I pulled 3 motifs, all were instantly bound. I used to trade these in for the gems.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
Edited by xosaara137ox on March 30, 2023 3:03PM
  • Zorrin
    Zorrin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Furnishings too...
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just noticed this!! Got 3 motifs in that 24 pack, expected to get a lot of gems, and NOPE.

When did this change??
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I recall correctly, the actual 1 page style pages were always bound on receipt, with future rolls of those being traded in for crowns. It was only the motifs that could be earned in game that were gem tradeable.
  • xosaara137ox
    xosaara137ox
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    If I recall correctly, the actual 1 page style pages were always bound on receipt, with future rolls of those being traded in for crowns. It was only the motifs that could be earned in game that were gem tradeable.
    Full Welkynar and full Dreadhorn books insta bound, used to be 33x gems
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What if you already know these motifs and you get these books? You just stuck with them then?
  • ZOS_Phoenix
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh yeah, that is definitely not how it has worked before. Certainly seems like a bug.
  • xosaara137ox
    xosaara137ox
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.

That’s fine, but can you answer the question since it is now flagged as having been when it wasn’t? Is this intended behavior? Because if yes, I will be buying a lot less crates.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Phoenix @ZOS_Kevin
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Really?

I haven't gone for my crates yet, but having the motifs be unsellable for gems is a massive oversight. I'm probably going to hold off on buying any until we find out if this is intended.

And if it is intended, please revert this. In the case that we already know the motif (which many do as it's an older motif), the book is then wasted.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same here.

Got two Dreadhorn style books, can't convert to gems.

I have no use for them, and they are bound so I can't trade them either.

As it stands that's 66 gems wasted.

Moving the thread is all well and good but could we please get an answer as well?

EDIT: Will refrain from purchasing more crates until this is clarified. Shame that I didn't see this thread before I purchased the bundle :disappointed:
    Edited by ApoAlaia on March 30, 2023 3:17PM
  • Jarl_Ironheart
    Jarl_Ironheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow. They are really doubling down on being screw you give me money huh. I saw the new costume is 400 gems too which is very absurd. First the locked polymorph for 75 bucks which you cant get with endeavors or gems, also no gifted crates "Bug" and now this "Bug". ZOS or Zeni or whoever is making these mistakes or choices, you are making alot of people irritated.
    Push Posh Applesauce, Pocket Full of Marmalade.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I raised a ticket on the subject, I would recommend that those affected do the same :smile:

Ticket no. 230330-002996
  • xosaara137ox
    xosaara137ox
    ✭✭✭
    I opened a ticket around the time I started this thread also, 230330-002509
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All. Thanks for the pings in this thread. Wanted to follow up on this issue. Currently 5 Ragebound Crate items not converting into gems. This is not intended. We have let our teams know and they are working on a fix for this. Only the following items are affected, and are not providing a gem breakdown value as intended:
    • Legendary Reward: Crown Crafting Motif 67: Welkynar Style - 33 gem value
    • Legendary Reward: Crown Crafting Motif 55: Dreadhorn Style - 33 gem value
    • Legendary Reward: Orb of the Spirit Queen - 33 gem value
    • Epic Reward: Reach Chandelier, Hagraven - 13 gem value
    • Epic Reward: Rite of the Harrowforged - 13 gem value

As for right now, unopened crates will be fixed if you leave them unopened until after the fix is live. Once the fix is available, when you get duplicate of the above mentioned crate items, you'll get the intended gem conversion.

For those who have opened some Ragebound Crates already or still plan on doing so prior to the fix, please keep the items and do not destroy them. When the fix rolls out, you will get the correct gems in the future as long as you do not DESTROY the item.

Thanks again for letting us know and we are working on getting this issue resolved.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just so crazy. I know the motifs on multiple characters, they are old and cheap. It's just filler trash, and filler trash SHOULD be convertible to gems. Period. It always has been since they made gems a thing.
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • xosaara137ox
    xosaara137ox
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All. Thanks for the pings in this thread. Wanted to follow up on this issue. Currently 5 Ragebound Crate items not converting into gems. This is not intended. We have let our teams know and they are working on a fix for this. Only the following items are affected, and are not providing a gem breakdown value as intended:

As for right now, unopened crates will be fixed if you leave them unopened until after the fix is live. Once the fix is available, when you get duplicate of the above mentioned crate items, you'll get the intended gem conversion.

For those who have opened some Ragebound Crates already or still plan on doing so prior to the fix, please keep the items and do not destroy them. When the fix rolls out, you will get the correct gems in the future as long as you do not DESTROY the item.

Thanks again for letting us know and we are working on getting this issue resolved.

Thank you for the confirmation Kevin!!
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh that's a relief just saw the post. THANK YOU for response!
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for the heads up, much appreciated.
  • Gadamlub14_ESO
    Gadamlub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    31st. still broken
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, hope it gets fixed soon...
  • Katlefiya
    Katlefiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    31st. still broken

What did you expect? A hotfix on a weekend?
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katlefiya wrote: »
    31st. still broken

Honesty, based on past times the crown store has been bugged in ANY way, yes!

Its only crazy because its practically a MEME how fast they fixed crown store issues until now.
  • fakingfocused
    fakingfocused
    ✭✭✭
    Awh man wish I would have known that before I bought the 25 then 15 more to get my gems up to 400 to get the ragebound horse. Might have had the conversion amount prior to the second transaction.
  • Gadamlub14_ESO
    Gadamlub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Katlefiya wrote: »
    31st. still broken

they have taken down the entire game servers to fix minor description errors in the past.

So, yes technically. however, i expect it to last as long as the gifting bug has, if they ever get fixed
  • Grega
    Grega
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So……should I wait to open them until there is a fix?@ZOS_Kevin
  • Starmuse
    Starmuse
    Soul Shriven
    Grega wrote: »

His last comment has your answer. :smile:
    "ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʟᴀᴜɢʜ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴅᴅꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴠᴇꜱ ꜱᴏ ᴡᴇʟʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴛʀᴇᴍʙʟᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴜꜱ." -ᴄ. ʙᴜᴋᴏᴡꜱᴋɪ
  • Grega
    Grega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starmuse wrote: »
    Grega wrote: »

His last comment has your answer. :smile:

I know. It was more of a way to get to see if a fix is rolling out or if there’s an eta 🤷‍♂️
  • JavaRen
    JavaRen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang, would have been nice to know before I went ahead and read the book on my secondary crafter.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am assuming this is still bugged..
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the heads up! It's still bugged, but at least I know to hang on to the item.
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn