The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crown Crates no longer giftable?

• The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    crates gifting fixed on PC-NA, but not on PC-EU
    Edited by The_one_i_seek on April 27, 2023 3:19PM
  • jsjem
    jsjem
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to believe that, but it just fixed when ayleid crates leave.
  • PDarkBHood
    PDarkBHood
    ✭✭✭
    For those still needing proof, this is what I see on PC/NA: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2crbczvezzkpkl6/crgift.jpg?dl=0

Form still wont let me post any images.

I noticed that gifting was back at 9:25am EST. The gifting option was available for all crates, but Ayleid crates are gone now.

I guess PC/NA are the beta testers of the new code/bug fix...
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Thank you for dealing with this issue and be a very patient buffer between us and your team :)
    My most recent characters
    AD - Amareni NB
    -
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not "fixed" on EU though?
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • GreenDay
    GreenDay
    ✭✭
    it's funny, but today, within 3-5 hours, a gift for boxes was available
    and it seems only on PC/NA
  • Sythen88411
    Sythen88411
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin what's up with that?
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://imgur.com/gallery/4Vllt6M

Whatever you guys did see, it is no longer available. That is monumentally confusing, especially since it did work, apparently.

I mean, I get that it was stated that we would not get any updates at all until next Wednesday, which apparently could wipe you clean from responding to this thread until then, but that is really, really sketchy. Which, once again, brings up how terrible the communication style overall is with this and many, many other issues. We are a pretty good community all things considered. I mean, look at WoW or OSRS and see how they can turn on a dime against their developers and recognize that ESO has a very patient and decent community of members invested in the progress and health of the game. So, I don't understand why it is so hard to keep us in the loop more consistently, even small heads up beyond appeasement would be generous compared to where we are. This is a real issue that will only make things harder for you all. If you don't keep up with things, then, yeah, hotfixes like this that are then reverted, even though they appeared to function, look bad when no explanation whatsoever is given.
    Edited by Aka_ on April 27, 2023 6:36PM
  • BeWare94
    BeWare94
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin mind explaining why we had it and then had it taken away?
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Hello!

We've removed some posts from this thread as they violated our community rules on conspiracy theories and baiting. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Sythen88411
    Sythen88411
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Lunar wrote: »
    Hello!

We've removed some posts from this thread as they violated our community rules on conspiracy theories and baiting. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.

Could you tell us why crate gifting was on for a bit and now off :)
  • Aorys
    Aorys
    ✭✭✭
    That means they are working on it. Its a good signal.
  • Sythen88411
    Sythen88411
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone @ me if they go back on.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all. As some of you have pointed out, gifting was briefly turned back on for PC NA while we were doing some testing. It was not intentional to remain on and has since been disabled again. We'll let everyone know when gifting is back on and officially available for everyone.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only I had been faster to buy :'(
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • BeWare94
    BeWare94
    ✭✭
    It was available for everyone…
  • sparxys
    sparxys
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Hey, thanks for letting us know, it's good to hear some stuff is happening! But I feel like a lot of people are still tense that we don't know if there will be any compensation distributed to players because of the content people missed out on since the bug first appeared.

A yes, no, maybe, or simple "I don't know" would suffice. It would be highly appreciated by most people I'm sure.
    Gib me funny itemz 💅 slay 💅
  • Lucidilusions
    Lucidilusions
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all. As some of you have pointed out, gifting was briefly turned back on for PC NA while we were doing some testing. It was not intentional to remain on and has since been disabled again. We'll let everyone know when gifting is back on and officially available for everyone.

Wait so the gifting option has simply been turned off this entire time? I went back through the thread and it's never actually said what the issue was the required gifting to be turned off. Just out of curiosity can you tell us what was happening that required gifting to be turned off other than saying "an issue" lol

@ZOS_Kevin
  • muscle_witch
    muscle_witch
    ✭✭✭✭
    sparxys wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin Hey, thanks for letting us know, it's good to hear some stuff is happening! But I feel like a lot of people are still tense that we don't know if there will be any compensation distributed to players because of the content people missed out on since the bug first appeared.

A yes, no, maybe, or simple "I don't know" would suffice. It would be highly appreciated by most people I'm sure.

They've been resolutely ignoring these questions since the beginning of the thread, I have to assume the answer is no, but they don't want to say so because they know it will make people unhappy.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So can we conclude from this that this bug isn’t actually preventing players from gifting crown crates but that it’s related to something else?
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what else could it be related to?
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • Lags
    Lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RevJJ wrote: »

So can we conclude from this that this bug isn’t actually preventing players from gifting crown crates but that it’s related to something else?

ya like if its on why not just leave it on? I cant imagine what would be so serious that it has them turning something on and off in game. And im pretty sure many people assumed it was just not working. I cant remember many other pressing issue theyve done this with. I guess since its money.
  • Mizael
    Mizael
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip] Bugged for two months, turned on and then off again. What is the reasoning behind all of this? [snip]

[edited for minor bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 29, 2023 4:45PM
  • UtopianWarrior88
    UtopianWarrior88
    ✭✭✭

I think the biggest issue we feel as players is that we cannot trust currently what is being said. Why do we not get any more concrete updates, timeframes etc.? Is this to do with players in countries such as Belgium where it is not allowed to have loot crates?

[snip] Can you, straight up, tell us that you are intending to turn on crown crate purchasing again?

[edited for minor bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 29, 2023 4:46PM
  • The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    Zyva wrote: »
    what else could it be related to?

you can scroll back to previous pages, i explained why its profitable for ZOS to turn gifting off
  • AlmaPerdido
    AlmaPerdido
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_Lunar wrote: »

We've removed some posts from this thread as they violated our community rules on conspiracy theories and baiting.

Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.

Having some insight from the dev team as to why its been disabled might actually help with the whole "conspiracy" comments. Just a thought.
  • muscle_witch
    muscle_witch
    ✭✭✭✭

I think the biggest issue we feel as players is that we cannot trust currently what is being said. Why do we not get any more concrete updates, timeframes etc.? Is this to do with players in countries such as Belgium where it is not allowed to have loot crates?

[snip] Can you, straight up, tell us that you are intending to turn on crown crate purchasing again?

He did, post on March 24 in this thread. At this point the remaining questions are when, why communication has been so terrible on this issue, and whether the crates that came and went while the bug was active will be brought back once it's fixed.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 29, 2023 4:47PM
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    It woudl have been nice if we were informed they were testing it beforehand instead of doing it this way and adding to everyone's thoughts and feelings on the matter :disappointed:
  • BeWare94
    BeWare94
    ✭✭
    noblecron wrote: »
    It woudl have been nice if we were informed they were testing it beforehand instead of doing it this way and adding to everyone's thoughts and feelings on the matter :disappointed:

They weren’t testing it. It’s very clear it was a accident they turned the feature back on. You don’t turn a bug on and off. If it was working when they turned it on they would’ve kept the feature on if they felt like it. And If they turned it off again because EU didnt have it turned on then why didn’t they turn it off for consoles this entire time?
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe they are testing ways to prevent gifting from people who buy crowns in other countries at a cheaper rate?

or monitoring real money transactions?

It would be nice to know. They have given details about bugs before I'm pretty sure in other instances.
This discussion has been closed.