The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "New Ragebound Crown Crates"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
1pfe5s7f1mi5.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for, "Unleash the Fury of the Reach with the New Ragebound Crown Crates"

"Defend the Reach armed with fearsome items and collectibles found within the upcoming Ragebound Crown Crates."

Here's a full list of all the rewards contained in the Ragebound Crown Crates:

Radiant Apex Rewards:
  • Voidmother's Welwa
  • Harrowforged Durzog
  • Icerage Bear

Apex Rewards:
  • Ragebound Harness
  • Ragebound Bear
  • Ragebound Durzog
  • Ragebound Kagouti
  • Ragebound Sabre Cat
  • Ragebound Steed
  • Flesh of the Harrowed

Legendary Rewards:
  • Bitter Coast Recall
  • Reach Witch Removal
  • Key Harp
  • Orb of the Spirit Queen
  • Target Hagraven, Robust
  • Crown Crafting Motif 55: Dreadhorn Style
  • Crown Crafting Motif 67: Welkynar Style
  • Duskember Fox
  • Karth River Sabre Cat
  • King's Guard Ram
  • Bloodrage Dagger
  • Bloodrage Battle Axe
  • Bloodrage Bow
  • Bloodrage Shield
  • Bloodrage Staff
  • Rain's Hand Renewal

Epic Rewards:
  • Balfieran Nose Studs
  • Mercymother's Coronet
  • Aerial Escapades
  • Foe Crusher
  • Play Pan Flute
  • Eyes of the Scamp
  • Reach Chandelier, Hagraven
  • Rite of the Harrowforged
  • Topknot Cascade
  • Crow-Heart Skull Sallet
  • Icerage Helm
  • Mercymother's Crown
  • Menevian Coachdog
  • South Weald Prairie Dog
  • Sungard Sabre Cat
  • Xylo Pollen Bat

Superior Rewards:
  • Briarheart Body Scarification
  • Hircine's Chosen Body Marks
  • Mercymother's Body Art
  • Briarheart Face Scarification
  • Hircine's Chosen Face Marks
  • Mercymother's Face Art
  • Balfieran Sentinel Cuirass
  • Balfieran Sentinel Gauntlets
  • Balfieran Sentinel Greaves
  • Balfieran Sentinel Helm
  • Balfieran Sentinel Pauldrons
  • Balfieran Sentinel Sabatons
  • Vvardvark
  • Grahtwood Fisher
  • Heartland River Crab
  • Rimmen Jerboa
  • Silver-Bellied Guarling
  • Yoltoor Dovah-Fly

*Update: There is a bug at the moment with 5 of the items not converting into gems when a duplicate is obtained. That bug is outlined here.
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on July 18, 2023 1:31PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So just to be clear @ZOS_Kevin

We can only get the shade polymorph (which is highly anticipated by many) by purchasing a new 25 crown crate bundle, and it cannot be purchased with crown gems or received from the crates directly? On top of that, crown crates aren't giftable currently due to a "bug", so we would have to purchase the bundle with our own crowns and not via gifting for ingame gold? If we're to assume this bundle is going to be in the 7500-10k crown rage, that is a $60-$75 purchase you're telling us we have to make if we want this cosmetic, with no way to earn it through endeavors or purchase it through crown gifting, like every other cosmetic in the game.

Honestly, it seems extremely predatory to lock a unique polymorph like this behind purchasing the maximum number of crates possible, rather than allowing it to be purchasable with gems like every other crown crate polymorph that has ever been added. The timing of this polymorph releasing and crown crate gifting being bugged is... suspicious, to say the least.

wqe23w9abs8a.png
    Edited by React on March 29, 2023 4:45PM
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope asymmetrical shoes design would make it past crates into other new motif designs, really tiring seeing absolute most styles having mirrored sides all the time.

Edit: and it's another motif/outfit style that got converted into the costume instead, what a let down.
    Edited by colossalvoids on March 30, 2023 5:09PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So we are basically buying the Shade Polymorph directly with crowns, and it comes with 25 free crates as a bonus? ;)
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown crate gifting when?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all, just to follow up here. As noted in the article, "Note that the Shade polymorph is automatically unlocked and added to your collectibles when you acquire this one-off bundle (25 Ragebound Crate Bundle) and is not included in the crates themselves."

We are actively trying to get crown crate gifting back up, but our team is still working through some issues related to gifting. As for feedback around the Shade Polymorph being tied to the Ragebound Crate bundle, we will submit any and all feedback related to this to the team. We know this is new, so your feedback is appreciated here. Thanks all.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the Endeavor system is still not fair or perfect, but it was a step in the right direction, and at least allows me to enjoy seeing what's in these crates, since I have a chance to get most of it in-game.

Buuuuuuuuut now there's this sketchy new thing with the Shade Polymorph only earnable with a 25 crate purchase. I don't even want it or care about it, but what a predatory precedent to set in an already predatory system.

But why am I even surprised anymore!?
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol it was like the only poly many people was expecting :lol:

This just looks like desperate measures to milk all the cash they can.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all, just to follow up here. As noted in the article, "Note that the Shade polymorph is automatically unlocked and added to your collectibles when you acquire this one-off bundle (25 Ragebound Crate Bundle) and is not included in the crates themselves."

We are actively trying to get crown crate gifting back up, but our team is still working through some issues related to gifting. As for feedback around the Shade Polymorph being tied to the Ragebound Crate bundle, we will submit any and all feedback related to this to the team. We know this is new, so your feedback is appreciated here. Thanks all.

I mean, if the team is aware that crate gifting is "bugged", they absolutely should not be releasing a unique polymorph like this that is locked behind a $60-$75 purchase. Many of us longtime players make all of our crown crate purchases with ingame gold, because we have enormous amounts of it with nothing else to spend it on. It is absolutely predatory and deceptive to release this polymorph in this manner at this point in time.

It should be purchasable with gems either indefinitely or until gifting is fixed, or it shouldn't be released at all until gifting is fixed.
    Edited by React on March 29, 2023 3:09PM
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the Endeavor system is still not fair or perfect, but it was a step in the right direction, and at least allows me to enjoy seeing what's in these crates, since I have a chance to get most of it in-game.

Buuuuuuuuut now there's this sketchy new thing with the Shade Polymorph only earnable with a 25 crate purchase. I don't even want it or care about it, but what a predatory precedent to set in an already predatory system.

It just seems like this community is impossible to please:

Community: "Don't lock things we want behind RNG crown crates."

ZOS: "Here you go, spend exactly this amount, get the exact item you want, and we will throw in 25 crates as well."

Community: "How dare you force me to spend a specific amount of money on the thing I want."
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Man, we finally got something tailored just for Reach related things out the butt (2+ whole years after the Reach DLC), had a screenshot featuring them in the background, and still completely missed the opportunity to give us Reach Daedric Prince/Great Spirit worship stone furnishings. Upsetti.

unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • ichibe
    ichibe
    ✭✭
    Is Crown gifting bugged on all platforms? Also if this is a “one-time” deal, would you even be allowed to gift it at all then? @ZOS_Kevin
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

ZOS: "Here you go, spend exactly this amount, get the exact item you want, and we will throw in 25 crates as well."

Community: "How dare you force me to spend a specific amount of money on the thing I want."

Seriously? You think it's justifiable that they're locking a polymorph behind what is going to be a probably $75 bundle because "we get crown crates with it"? What about those of us with thousands of gems? What about those of us who purchase our crates through gifting with ingame gold, who cannot right now because of the "bug"?

Talk about gaslighting.
    Edited by React on March 29, 2023 3:23PM
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You would spend 60-75 on a polymorph?

This doesn't just look predatory, it is predatory, especially with no way of using your gold to get it. The prices of cosmetics in this game are crazy. I can't think of any other word for it.
  • ichibe
    ichibe
    ✭✭
    Is it not giftable as a one time promo or do you all play on PC? Haven’t heard any gifting issues on Xbox…
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    React wrote: »

Seriously? You think it's justifiable that they're locking a polymorph behind what is going to be a probably $75 bundle because "we get crown crates with it"? What about those of us with thousands of gems? What about those of us who purchase our crates through gifting with ingame gold, who cannot right now because of the "bug"?

Talk about gaslighting.

Yeah, I think it is justifiable that a company chooses how to make an optional item available for purchase.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ichibe wrote: »
    Is it not giftable as a one time promo or do you all play on PC? Haven’t heard any gifting issues on Xbox…

I don't know about other platforms, but on PC right now you cannot gift any crown crates at all, full stop. The option in the menu literally says "you cannot gift this item" for every type of crown crate in the store.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katheriah wrote: »

This doesn't just look predatory, it is predatory, especially with no way of using your gold to get it. The prices of cosmetics in this game are crazy. I can't think of any other word for it.

Or, you could just not buy it.
  • ichibe
    ichibe
    ✭✭
    React wrote: »
    ichibe wrote: »

I don't know about other platforms, but on PC right now you cannot gift any crown crates at all, full stop. The option in the menu literally says "you cannot gift this item" for every type of crown crate in the store.

That’s terrible. But I think aside the issue PC has, excluding PS/Xbox, considering their gifting does work, before we get the pitchforks out, is this 25 crate bundle even “giftable” at all since it’s a one time purchase.

• danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can say with nearly complete certainty that at least 50% of the elite professional 1vXers running laps around resource towers and rocks in cyrodiil will be wearing it tomorrow, regardless of cost.
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You're not answering my question.

Let me rephrase it. You think asking the price of A FULL NEW GAME for a cosmetic is normal?
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're not answering my question.

Let me rephrase it. You think asking the price of A FULL NEW GAME for a cosmetic is normal?

I think it is fine. I'll probably buy it.

I think this is also pretty much what every single person warned anyone who complained about things being locked behind RNG with the crates. That making the items direct purchase in some way wasn't going to magically make them inexpensive. That they would have to offset the cost of buying a lot of crates with the cost of the individual item. And now we know an approximation of that cost. At least 75$.
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think we probably all have to face that this is the reality of the game now and I doubt any amount of "feedback" is going to change things when the majority of posts we see here on the forums are from people saying they dislike and distrust this system of funding the game, and yet we see more and more examples of it each season. Feedback is blowing into the wind!

• Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is fine. I'll probably buy it.

I think this is also pretty much what every single person warned anyone who complained about things being locked behind RNG with the crates. That making the items direct purchase in some way wasn't going to magically make them inexpensive. That they would have to offset the cost of buying a lot of crates with the cost of the individual item. And now we know an approximation of that cost. At least 75$.

If you think that's a fine price for a cosmetic you have too much money on your hands, gratz with that.

For the second part I disagree entirely. That's what the crown gems and endeavor system are for. For which this item seems to be excluded. This is not ZOS 'wanting to make an item not locked between RNG', this is ZOS being more predatory with their temporary exclusives than usual.
  • metheglyn
    metheglyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    People love to toss around the word "predatory" when, to my mind, it's nothing more or less than any other marketing offer put out by any number of businesses. They're telling you that you can get a particular item if you buy another item.

For me, no cosmetic item in this game is worth what they're asking for this one, so I won't be buying it.
  • KENDALLPOP
    KENDALLPOP
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

Locking a highly anticipated polymorph behind a large crown crate purchase is the absolute worst sort of FOMO marketing and you won't get good feedback from it.

As React mentioned above, weird how gifting ONLY crates is broke for these new crates...??? Nothing else is broke but crates? Suuuuuuure....
  • popshotbrob14_ESO
    So we're finally getting the poly from last year and it's locked behind buying the (brand new) largest pack of crates we can buy at once? Yeah, I'm out of here.
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please for the love of Talos. BRING BACK APEX CAMELS.
    WHY were they ever removed in the first place??? WHY won't you guys release them anymore?? :s
    At least release more camels into the dang Crown Store more regularly if you're gonna keep refusing them in crates. It's always Horses, Senches, and Wolves... and the random Guar/Kagouti here for there. Heck, even BEARS have been seeing more love recently while there's absolutely nothin' fer camels. :'(
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • popshotbrob14_ESO
    Also, the crates contain all the mercymother cosmetics, besides the actual costume..? ahahahahahaha
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The point of putting it in the crate, like I alluded to, is so we get more things to earn *in-game*. Had they put the polymorph in the crate like a regular item, people could earn it in the game through endeavors. And now with crate gifting bug, you can't even buy it. They have literally just created a loophole for themselves to attach an item to crown crates yet allow it to avoid the endeavor system.

So no, this has nothing to do with "not pleasing everyone". It very much has to do with ZOS refusing to make more collectables earnable by simply playing the game instead of buying things out right.
    Edited by HappyTheCamper on March 29, 2023 4:38PM
  • Darzaka
    Darzaka
    ✭✭✭
    That's great!

Another set of crates for folks to miss while gifting is down! Based on the Crown Crate gifting thread, we don't even have an ETA on when ZOS will be able to start looking at fixing this according to @ZOS_Kevin