Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

ESO+ just lost a significant amount of value

• Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the next chapter is of equal size and quality to Orsinium (Wrothgar) then I am all for this :)
    Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    We used to get new content every quarter, so those that subbed for a year would have something new to do every quarter, and now we're not.

This is false. And in case you didn't read (or chose to ignore) what veteran players have been saying on this thread, ESO+ started with only IC (which launched, I believe, a month after ESO+ was integrated in the game) and then Orsinium, November 2015. We did not get Dark Brotherhood until May of 2016. So if you think about it, when ESO+ first launched we got 2 dungeons, 2 new zones and 1 or 2 DLC storylines. It was not until Morrowind that we got content as how you outlined it (1 system, 1 chapter, 4 dungeons, 1 story DLC). That's more or less, 2 years after ESO+ became a thing in ESO. And frankly, I rather have them update systems/features that are base game stuff where I don't need to pay to access them.

One thing OP is failing to see is that the only way you loose value with your ESO+ sub is when you stop gaining access to previous DLC/Chapters and systems. Also wouldn't it better if they just stop for a while, and instead of releasing content that's bugged or game breaking they catch up with fixes and balancing issues? I'd rather have that than another broken content release where some people can't even open their game for weeks-- THAT I think is when you really loose value of your ESO+ sub.

"We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."
    -Caldwell, "The Final Assault"

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

-Abnur Tharn, "God of Schemes"]
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    me_ming wrote: »
    This is false. And in case you didn't read (or chose to ignore) what veteran players have been saying on this thread, ESO+ started with only IC (which launched, I believe, a month after ESO+ was integrated in the game) and then Orsinium, November 2015. We did not get Dark Brotherhood until May of 2016.

No. It isn't. Morrowind released in 2017. It's now 2022. We have consistently been getting content every quarter in the past for the past 5 years in fairly regular release intervals.

Beyond that...

Q1 is generally Jan, Feb, March
    Q2 is generally April, May, June
    Q3 is generally July, August, September
    Q4 is generally October, November, December

quarter.jpg

Imperial City released Q3 for 2015 (August)

Orsinium released Q4 for 2015 (November)

The following quarter goes back to Q1...

And Thieves Guild released Q1 (Mar 2016)

And Dark Brotherhood released Q2 (May 2016)

Shadows of the Hist released Q3 (August 2016}

One Tamriel released in Q4 of 2016 (October 2016)

Which is basically considered the relaunch of the game, with us getting on the current content cadence for the last 5 years in Q2 of 2017.

Q1 (released in February 2017) was just adjustments to the game and new system (housing) after what was essentially a reboot of the entire game. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Patch/2.7.5

And finally Q2 put us on the official chapter + dlc quarterly content cadence we have now.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/YAdmsTy0ISEG0YSqgOSSs/the-elder-scrolls-online-one-tamriel-launch
    https://eso-hub.com/en/dlc

So while, IMP City and Orsinium came out in 2015, while TG and DB came out in 2016, they were still all within a roughly 1 year time period of quarterly releases beginning with IMP city. It just wasn't formally called chapter and dlc yet. ZOS themselves sells this content as a bundle because of that. They discount it during their year one event. Because it represents the first year-long time period of dlc content, even though it technically happened during 2 different calendar years.

https://www.thegamer.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-year-one-event/

Did they skip a bit after they started putting out true DLCs (first up being IMP city) because they had to essentially soft relaunch the whole game? Yes.

But, the pattern of releases has been remarkably consistent since 2017. And was already informally following a very similar structure since 2015.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 14, 2022 9:04AM
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Luede wrote: »
    the bottom line is that most will keep eso+, regardless of how little it brings, since most won't want to play without the craft bag.

For me, ESO Plus has always been about the Craft Bag, because I had already purchased all of the available DLCs before I finally decided to pay for an ESO Plus subscription. The fact that I already had access to all DLC content kept me away from ESO Plus at first, since I felt that I wouldn't be getting the "full value" from it. But after looking at the number of Crowns I'd be getting with the subscription, along with that all-important Craft Bag and the doubled Bank and Housing space, it was obvious to me that ESO Plus was a good investment with or without access to the DLC "rentals." And given that conclusion, I've had no hesitation to continue buying the DLCs upon their release despite having ESO Plus, even if I've been given a DLC for free as an event reward, since I always buy the Collectors Editions.

that's also perfectly fine and understandable for me. since players prefer different content, ESO+ is also important in different ways. I play 90% pvp and had 2 years Eso+. In the time I have collected enough gold and resources that I am no longer dependent on it for a year, so I have decided to invest nothing more in the game, as long as ZOS does not deliver.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess less dungeons means less op new armour sets that then get nerfed as soon as everyone has them?
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Anifaas
    Anifaas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps us ESO+ people will receive something new or different in 2023 in place of more dungeons. While access to DLC dungeons is a great perk for vets and and people who play for more difficult challenges, it is not so much a great perk for newcomers and/or people who don't run a lot of dungeons.
  • Quackery
    Quackery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Uhhm...this is probably the worst take on ESO+ that I've ever read. You get infinite bag space, all expansions, dlc's, dungeons except for the latest expansion. You also get 1650 crowns each month, discount on some crown items, 10% XP boost, double bank space.

I don't think I've ever disagreed with something this much before regarding this game. You get an INSANE amount of value for ESO+.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    the fact we will not get new content in Q3 does not mean much since we do not know what will unfold with the other three quarters. The Chapter may be more extensive as well. Q4 system could be larger or more involved than other systems we have seen and they are only working on the concept and design of it ATM.

Then we have an undeniable value increase in the game if Q3 actually brings an increase in the overall bug fixes. Players have actually asked for this.

I appreciate the optimism, but the Law of Entropy, when applied to American businesses, suggests that the end product will be lesser than the original product. Usually for the same, or higher, price. :smile: I see no reason to expect more value than we are getting today, and especially not when they haven't even started that dialog.
    We will know more early next year. We will have a better picture of all this when Zenimax goes into more detail with their Global Reveal event. Until then, then the effect of all this is nothing more than pure speculation.

Definitely. As with many things related to this game, the fine print matters, and they dole that out in little bits up to, and sometimes at, release.
    Edited by Elsonso on December 14, 2022 2:04PM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quackery wrote: »
    Uhhm...this is probably the worst take on ESO+ that I've ever read. You get infinite bag space, all expansions, dlc's, dungeons except for the latest expansion. You also get 1650 crowns each month, discount on some crown items, 10% XP boost, double bank space.

I don't think I've ever disagreed with something this much before regarding this game. You get an INSANE amount of value for ESO+.

Title of thread is;

“ ESO+ just lost a significant amount of value”

Title of thread is not;

“ESO+ just lost all of its value”
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't people been complaining for years that ZOS breaking up the story through the year means the zones and meaningful content have been shrinking? We have absolutely no idea if the main Chapter release is going to go back to having the bigger zone to explore with more content packed into it or if it's going to still be a small zone or whatever. If we're going to be getting roughly the same amount of area to explore all at once as we do now with the area being split between the main Chapter and a DLC, then there's no value lost there.

There are already a slew of dungeons, I think slowing down their release to two a year instead of four isn't really a bad thing. As others have said, the sub never promises the same amount of content every year, it promises you'll always have access to the stuff that's come before. Also, let's keep in mind when ESO+ was first introduced, we didn't have the release cycle we have now, because the year-long story thing didn't exist then. We didn't have two dungeon releases every year then.

Also, I know that not everyone does Housing or Crafting or buys things from the CS, but the craft bag, double Furniture slots, and double bank slots are, for a lot of people, more valuable than access to dungeons. And the fact that you get access to ALL past DLC, including the previous year's Chapter once the new one releases, is also a lot more valuable to a lot of people than dungeon access.

It really is far too early to be claiming Plus has lost any value. I understand being wary and all, since I'm only cautiously optimistic since we've been told X in the past only to never see it happen, but sometimes it is best to wait and see how something goes than to immediately jump to the worst conclusion.

Also, a small note about Q3 being only bug fixes and QoL, people have been asking for years for ZOS to do just that. Focus more on the stuff that's already in the game rather than continuing to slap new stuff in that's (sometimes horribly) broken right from the gate. As long as they actually stick to their guns on this and it's not an empty promise, we'll still be getting stuff we can enjoy, namely a game that, y'know, works.
    Edited by Arunei on December 14, 2022 2:24PM
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    Haven't people been complaining for years that ZOS breaking up the story through the year means the zones and meaningful content have been shrinking? We have absolutely no idea if the main Chapter release is going to go back to having the bigger zone to explore with more content packed into it or if it's going to still be a small zone or whatever. If we're going to be getting roughly the same amount of area to explore all at once as we do now with the area being split between the main Chapter and a DLC, then there's no value lost there.

Chapters aren’t part of ESO+ though, so if they put what is now Q2 Chapter and Q4 DLC all into the chapter, it’s better value for the purchase of the chapter (or more bringing it back in line to what the prices were for the first two chapters) but ESO+ gets nothing from that since it’s not included unless they wait a year (which most don’t I would guess).
    Arunei wrote: »
    Also, a small note about Q3 being only bug fixes and QoL, people have been asking for years for ZOS to do just that. Focus more on the stuff that's already in the game rather than continuing to slap new stuff in that's (sometimes horribly) broken right from the gate. As long as they actually stick to their guns on this and it's not an empty promise, we'll still be getting stuff we can enjoy, namely a game that, y'know, works.

And yes, bug fixes are very important and should absolutely be done. Yes, people have been asking for a slow down of new releases to fix things. But ESO+ subscribers shouldn’t be expected to keep paying the same to pay for stuff to be fixed that should be fixed anyway. Either the price should be adjusted or some other benefits should be added to balance out the loss of content.
    Edited by heaven13 on December 14, 2022 2:49PM
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Then we have an undeniable value increase in the game if Q3 actually brings an increase in the overall bug fixes. Players have actually asked for this.

True, but EVERYBODY will benefit from that. It won't be exclusive to ESO+ subscribers, therefore to say that switching out a DLC for bug fixes means it all balances out for ESO+ isn't correct.

For me, though, I'm taking the point on board to wait and see if they announce any changes to ESO+ in January, when they give us more details.
  • CapsuleCorpZ
    CapsuleCorpZ
    ✭✭
    I purchase a yearly sub so the monthly cost is very minimal. If I get slightly less dungeons and ESO+ remains the same , I am still satisfied. I think my monthly total is like 11 bucks with a year purchase. Perfectly acceptable imo since I don't have to buy new chapters or collectors editions and have access to all (eventually) content available.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    Chapters aren’t part of ESO+ though, so if they put what is now Q2 Chapter and Q4 DLC all into the chapter, it’s better value for the purchase of the chapter (or more bringing it back in line to what the prices were for the first two chapters) but ESO+ gets nothing from that since it’s not included unless they wait a year (which most don’t I would guess).
    If we're getting the same amount of content at once instead of it being split between the year, though, how is any value lost? It would be like getting the Chapter and the DLC at the same time instead of getting one at the start and one at the end of the year. Getting all of it at once doesn't detract from the value. It's like buying a yearly sub and getting all your Crowns at once, instead of getting them every month. You're not losing anything by getting it all at once.

I see what you're getting at, that essentially every DLC is free if they're putting all that content with the Chapter purchase. But people have been saying for years that the Chapter doesn't have much value the last few years because of smaller zones and content being held back for the sake of making people buy a separate DLC at the end of the year. Now instead you might be paying 60 or 80 or however much the version you buy is and getting that other content people would need to spend another...I'm not sure how much the smaller DLC zones are honestly...but now hopefully all that content will be the cost of just the Chapter. So people who subscribe aren't really losing any value because hopefully we'll be getting all that content for the price of just the Chapter, without the chapter being increased in price. And if your sub ever lapses you'll still have access to all that content.

Of course we don't really know one way or the other yet if this is going to be the case, which is why it's too soon to be claiming there's any loss of value. We also don't know if they're potentially adding any new perks to Plus, or what the new system in Q4 will be (which in itself might be big enough to justify replacing the end of year DLC). We simply don't have enough information to say that there's any real value lost yet. At the very least we should be reserving judgement until the global reveal and we get a better idea of what's coming.
    heaven13 wrote: »
    And yes, bug fixes are very important and should absolutely be done. Yes, people have been asking for a slow down of new releases to fix things. But ESO+ subscribers shouldn’t be expected to keep paying the same to pay for stuff to be fixed that should be fixed anyway. Either the price should be adjusted or some other benefits should be added to balance out the loss of content.

Again, we don't have ANY idea if we're actually losing any content. We haven't been given enough information to make this claim. We don't know if they're going to add new perks or anything. People are jumping the gun in assuming we're getting less and like I said, it's completely fine to be wary since we've been burned in the past. But making definite statements like "we're losing value" is kind of silly because we don't know that. The appropriate thing to be saying is "we might be losing value".
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craft bag = worth it to me.
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been ESO+ since started playing in 2017, all I have to say is, they better be hitting homes runs in 2023
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sort of finding it funny how anyone can even think of arguing with the OP's premise. It's tough luck, but we're getting less new content this year as it seems the company cannot keep up with the schedules they put in place (whether that is quality or quantity based), and there is no way they are going to give us a Wrothgar sized Chapter this year! Also along those same lines I think they are unlikely to add anything more to ESO+ as they know they have us hooked :P

Chances are it'll still be worth it for me to keep up ESO+, but it will depend on waiting until January until we see what new things they think are worth keeping our interest for the year ahead! Like others I have more than enough stuff in my craft bags to keep me going for a long time and if I were less lazy I could manage without ESO+ .. this year is breaking point for me like others too very likely!
    Edited by Maythor on December 14, 2022 7:20PM
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I pay for the craft bag and the crowns what comes with it.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maythor wrote: »
    I'm sort of finding it funny how anyone can even think of arguing with the OP's premise. It's tough luck, but we're getting less new content this year as it seems the company cannot keep up with the schedules they put in place (whether that is quality or quantity based), and there is no way they are going to give us a Wrothgar sized Chapter this year! Also along those same lines I think they are unlikely to add anything more to ESO+ as they know they have us hooked :P

Chances are it'll still be worth it for me to keep up ESO+, but it will depend on waiting until January until we see what new things they think are worth keeping our interest for the year ahead! Like others I have more than enough stuff in my craft bags to keep me going for a long time and if I were less lazy I could manage without ESO+ .. this year is breaking point for me like others too very likely!

If they came out today and said there will be no new content in 2023 (including stupid cosmetic crown store nonsense), and they were going to devote 100% of their resources to bugs/performance improvements. I would by 2 annual subs right now.
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Quackery wrote: »

Title of thread is;

“ ESO+ just lost a significant amount of value”

Title of thread is not;

“ESO+ just lost all of its value”

But it didn't lose a significant amount of it's value. That's the point. ESO+ had a massive amount of value and still has a massive amount of value. The OP is being dramatic, ESO+ is still every bit as valuable as it used to be.
    Edited by Molydeus on December 14, 2022 7:47PM
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is false. And in case you didn't read (or chose to ignore) what veteran players have been saying on this thread, ESO+ started with only IC (which launched, I believe, a month after ESO+ was integrated in the game) and then Orsinium, November 2015. We did not get Dark Brotherhood until May of 2016.

No. It isn't. Morrowind released in 2017. It's now 2022. We have consistently been getting content every quarter in the past for the past 5 years in fairly regular release intervals.

Beyond that...

quarter.jpg

Which is basically considered the relaunch of the game, with us getting on the current content cadence for the last 5 years in Q2 of 2017.

Q1 (released in February 2017) was just adjustments to the game and new system (housing) after what was essentially a reboot of the entire game. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Patch/2.7.5

And finally Q2 put us on the official chapter + dlc quarterly content cadence we have now.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/YAdmsTy0ISEG0YSqgOSSs/the-elder-scrolls-online-one-tamriel-launch

So while, IMP City and Orsinium came out in 2015, while TG and DB came out in 2016, they were still all within a roughly 1 year time period of quarterly releases beginning with IMP city. It just wasn't formally called chapter and dlc yet. ZOS themselves sells this content as a bundle because of that. They discount it during their year one event. Because it represents the first year-long time period of dlc content, even though it technically happened during 2 different calendar years.

Did they skip a bit after they started putting out true DLCs (first up being IMP city) because they had to essentially soft relaunch the whole game? Yes.

But, the pattern of releases has been remarkably consistent since 2017. And was already informally following a very similar structure since 2015.

Yes, it IS false. I mean, you outlined it yourself. Content release was never what you were used too. IC and Orsinium were still on different years. You can't just come here and say, "well, I'll group them together because that's how I want to see it". That's not how the world works. They are of different years, and were most likely not planned to go together. For one, at that time they probably didn't even plan to release a 2 DLC dungeon, 1 Chapter, 1 storyline scheme yet. There was no "pattern" yet. And again, the company is legally allowed to change that "pattern" whenever they want to, as per terms and conditions, which you and everyone of us who are playing this game, agreed too.

Now to your point of them "relaunching" the game-- been playing since pre-Tamriel Unlimited, never heard any of the devs saying "re-launching" the game, but for the sake of argument, let's just say they are. Then they probably are "re-launching" it now again, since a lot of people are obviously not interested anymore of the same 2 DLC dungeons, 1 Chapter, 1 storyline DLC that YOU are used too. So what's the problem here? Again, you're not loosing your ESO+ value, because you're not loosing your access to any of the previous DLCs/Chapters or the systems/features that came along with it. You're not even loosing any of your perks. The promise was to get access to the DLCs, not to get a new one as how you are used to getting them-- or is there something that I am missing here?

The only time I can say that my ESO+ value has lost any significant value is come next year and Q3 and 4 promises are not met. Because what the hell, am I paying ESO+ for when they're not doing anything in those times? But that is yet TBD.
    Edited by me_ming on December 14, 2022 7:57PM
    "We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Beyond that...

quarter.jpg

Yes, it IS false. I mean, you outlined it yourself. Content release was never what you were used too. IC and Orsinium were still on different years. You can't just come here and say, "well, I'll group them together because that's how I want to see it". That's not how the world works. They are of different years, and were most likely not planned to go together.

I said that in the past a year of content meant we got content each quarter, and that shows we did. Regardless of how you view year one, it's how the content was released for the past 5 years. So, that is an accurate statement.

Just because DLC began in the middle of 2015, resulting in the first 4 quarters to technically fall under 2 different calendar years, that doesn't mean that isn't the first year of content. It took place over a one year time period. August 2015 to August 2016 is a 1 year time period. That the DLC system did not debut until August, resulting in it's 4 quarterly releases technically taking place in two different calendar years, doesn't change that that is a 1 year time period.

Again, the developers themselves acknowledge this and discount them all together during their year one celebration, which I linked you. So yes, the developers themselves call that their Year One content.

Edited by spartaxoxo on December 14, 2022 8:10PM
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraFan wrote: »

True, but EVERYBODY will benefit from that. It won't be exclusive to ESO+ subscribers, therefore to say that switching out a DLC for bug fixes means it all balances out for ESO+ isn't correct.

For me, though, I'm taking the point on board to wait and see if they announce any changes to ESO+ in January, when they give us more details.

yeah, but what if you're an ESO+ sub who can't even play the game for days or even weeks, because oh I don't know, when they release Firesong you can't even log into the game? I think them taking a break from releasing content (that will only bug your game anyway) and catching up with bug fixes and/or ensuring the game is more stable in terms of performance (and maybe balance, not really hopeful that's gonna happen... but we'll see) is a better trade off. Because when I can't even launch the game or I can't play it as intended because it's bugged, then I can't even use of my ESO+ perks.

• Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    We might get a new pet if that happens Q3 next year hehe
    Edited by Maythor on December 14, 2022 8:31PM
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yeah, but what if you're an ESO+ sub who can't even play the game for days or even weeks, because oh I don't know, when they release Firesong you can't even log into the game?

That would suck, but you can't expect all other ESO+ subscribers to pay the same for less because you can't play the game.

In your position, I'd cancel ESO+ until they fixed whatever is preventing you from playing. If you're on an annual sub, switch to monthly next time. I did that when they brought in the combat changes because I wasn't sure I'd like them. It turned out they didn't bother me that much, but I'm glad I stayed monthly because now I'm not locked in if I don't like what I hear in January.

• I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Beyond that...

quarter.jpg

Yes, it IS false. I mean, you outlined it yourself. Content release was never what you were used too. IC and Orsinium were still on different years. You can't just come here and say, "well, I'll group them together because that's how I want to see it". That's not how the world works. They are of different years, and were most likely not planned to go together. For one, at that time they probably didn't even plan to release a 2 DLC dungeon, 1 Chapter, 1 storyline scheme yet. There was no "pattern" yet. And again, the company is legally allowed to change that "pattern" whenever they want to, as per terms and conditions, which you and everyone of us who are playing this game, agreed too.

Now to your point of them "relaunching" the game-- been playing since pre-Tamriel Unlimited, never heard any of the devs saying "re-launching" the game, but for the sake of argument, let's just say they are. Then they probably are "re-launching" it now again, since a lot of people are obviously not interested anymore of the same 2 DLC dungeons, 1 Chapter, 1 storyline DLC that YOU are used too. So what's the problem here? Again, you're not loosing your ESO+ value, because you're not loosing your access to any of the previous DLCs/Chapters or the systems/features that came along with it. You're not even loosing any of your perks. The promise was to get access to the DLCs, not to get a new one as how you are used to getting them-- or is there something that I am missing here?

The only time I can say that my ESO+ value has lost any significant value is come next year and Q3 and 4 promises are not met. Because what the hell, am I paying ESO+ for when they're not doing anything in those times? But that is yet TBD.

The promise was "subscribe to ESO+ and get every DLC free".

This was twisted after a while by "Oh, but this release is a 'chapter', not a DLC so you don't get it for free with ESO+. Here, have a craft bag."

Mainly because, as I've said before, Wrothgar was too good! It had been in preparation for years, and they realized they couldn't afford to bring similar content out on a yearly basis.

But when I pay for a "chapter" - basically a new issue of the game with a bit added, I'd like them to roll in the bug fixes for the issues from the previous "chapter". Wot? Would they sell me a new game that they know has bugs in it? :open_mouth:

And for all those people who say they'd pay for bug fixes and forego any Q3 updates, well how about no new DLC, no new chapter, no new "super, secret thing you all want", this year. Nothing at all. All those people who say you don't lose out if you get less new content couldn't complain. All those people who would pay for bug fixes couldn't complain. All those people who say the craft bag is enough couldn't complain.

ZoS won't do it because they know it won't attract new players, and the current players won't be happy with only getting fixes to a game thy have already paid for.

But I double dare yer ZoS ;)
  • jabbrwokk
    jabbrwokk
    Soul Shriven
    Craft bag + crowns + double bank space + double housing space + costume dying + free furnishings every month + access to all DLC other than whatever is most current is still totally worth it to me. Not even sure what OP is complaining about being "lost."
    Edited by jabbrwokk on December 14, 2022 9:56PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would still rather have higher quality content than them churning out the buckets of content they have done the last 5 years, its clearly shown in at least the last 3 years that the content was on a lower quality trend
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Punches_Below_Belt
    Punches_Below_Belt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly don’t believe for a second any more bugs are going to be avoided or fixed any faster because of this new cadence. I also don’t believe their “tentpole” new systems are going to be any more inspiring than Tales of Tribute or Antiquities.. Nor do I believe the new chapters are going to be better or equal to what we’ve already seen.

We’ve been getting bug fixes, QOL improvements, and new systems along with new content every quarter. This new cadence is just smoke and mirrors. Segmenting quarters like this and pretending we are going to get a better product if less product is nothing more than a corporate shell game.

There is no way the bugs we care about can be “scheduled” or postponed until the third quarter. Bugs that affect game play will still need to be addressed asap every week and pretending we are going to be patient for the “3rd quarter” for those to be fixed is foolishness. Likewise, expecting players to nurse their disappointment in the new system or new chapter for a year is just asking for unhappy players. June to November is going to be a long time for unhappy players with no new content to distract them.

I truly hope I am wrong but the same team that has been responsible for this game for the last eight years are not going to suddenly avoid bugs they didn’t see before, listen and communicate better than they have before or suddenly embrace aspects of the game they’ve neglected before.

In spite of that, I do hope and believe we will continue to get interesting and new biomes, new QOL improvements and some fun stories as we always have, just a little more slowly. That will be enough for me.

• boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a ESO+ sub I 100% support getting quality over quantity . I do not care if we get a couple less dungeons if the stories and zones we get are more immersive and have a longer more complex arc. I fully support Q3 being a bug/QL quarter. 4 expansions per year is too much to create quality content that doesn't have game breaking bugs. I still get access to every past dlc and dungeon, I still get the bank space, I still get the craft bag, expanded furnishings for housing and discounts in the crown store. As far as I'm concerned I'm more then happy to sacrifice some rushed sub par content for a healthy game that can maintain a good population with better, less buggy features. That is way more valuable to me then another copy and paste story.