The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Do you like the vampire nerfs every patch?

• Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the vampire skills are useful. People just don't want to sacrifice to use most of them, imo. It seems most players just want another overpowered skill tree or bust.

Ehhh..... as a long time vampire player and theorycrafter I wish I could say you're completely right but I can't. Even my most hard core "pure" vampire builds cannot actually use all the abilities without gimping myself quite heavily, and that's coming from someone who learned how to make Vampiric Drain work in this current patch.

Mesmerize is too hard to land on top of the fact it can't hit fleeing foes.

Vampiric Drain's healing is hit too hard by Battle Spirit to heal. It's just utility in my hands and some fights I'll actually unslot it.

Arterial Burst is overshadowed by everything. Blood for Blood can't be used by Sorcerers wanting to use Crystal Frags effectively.

Perfect Scion is a joke with all it's benefits being overshadowed by just.... not being a vampire? It doesn't even have a steep enough cost decrease to be worth it over Swarming Scion. Also Swarming Scion is too expensive to be worthwhile in PvE, but is just right in PvP.

Blood Frenzy is a topic all it's own, but to suffice to say even with the most recent change it'll be very bipolar. Amazing in solo content but absolutely terrible in group content, and ESO is a multiplayer game which implies you'll be playing with other people which this ability gives the middle finger to.

Mistform can't be used in PvE, end of story. Blood Mist's healing is joke without that damage mitigation on it so don't even think about it, and Elusive Mist is PvP only. You'd be better off with Race Against Time in PvE and it's even more cost efficient.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Marcus_Thracius
    Marcus_Thracius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vampire is way way waaaaay overpowered , It needs more nerfs plz .
    Just look the sheer number of vampire players ! Way too OP
  • K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They gave us brand new vampire forum avatars! Vampirism is finally fixed.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    K9002 wrote: »
    They gave us brand new vampire forum avatars! Vampirism is finally fixed.

YAY!!!!! Oh wait...

Forum vampirism got fixed but not the in-game one :neutral:
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i only have 1 toon as a vamp right now for pve, the reasoning is...for the passive that removes sneak speed penalty lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After the latest PTS patch notes 7.3.2 and the nerf of shimmering frenzy it really seems like ZOS doesn't want players to play as a vampire. Greymoor changes were bad enough (in my opinion) but I understand everyone was a vampire for passives before that(Even tho everyone is a vampire for the undeath passive in PvP).

The toggle requires a very high skill and understanding of the game to use correctly or you will find yourself dead on the ground very quickly, why remove a skill that rewards players for learning how to use it? I just don't understand these constant changes(nerfs) to vampire.

So as the title says I would like to know what is the general opinion about it.

Just to clarify not everyone was a vampire just for the passive. It was just the "narrative" that was formed around the situation. Some people liked the speed boost from mist form, some people just plain wanted to be a vampire and enjoyed that the infamous passive gave SOME benefit to their build, some people liked the stun in the drain ability (I forget what it was called)... etc etc. Really the issue was the min/maxers upset that they were "forced" to be a vampire for the benefit the passive gave, and people who felt SO STRONGLY that vampires should be niche (a true, very strong kiss/curse) that they united with the min/maxer's upset at the vampire "requirement" so we ended up in a place where ZOS got the very loud, and incorrect message, that everyone was very very upset about this passive. Some people definitely were but not everyone. One of the main reasons I was drawn to ESO was because I liked the idea of playing as a vampire, and most of my characters were vampires for that reason... later many had to be cured because the penalty was too high with no benefit.

I personally think it's too bad that the vampires don't have enough benefits and morphs so that it's a viable choice for tanks, healers, magicka, and stamina DPS. Still with penalties, but with enough choices so that if you enjoy being a vampire you can make it work without being shamed out of your raid/dungeon. :D I never bought into the "it should be niche" thing. It should be as available as being a specific race or class is, imo.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What if ZOS indirectly buffed Vampires by adding penalties to playing as a mortal.

Sure Vampires drink Blood but why do they even gain a hunger system, it is not like mortal characters need to consume food, they should need to consume food just as Vampires need to consume blood and have a stage system around that.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if ZOS indirectly buffed Vampires by adding penalties to playing as a mortal.

Sure Vampires drink Blood but why do they even gain a hunger system, it is not like mortal characters need to consume food, they should need to consume food just as Vampires need to consume blood and have a stage system around that.

Technically that already exists and it'd amount to nothing because nobody in their right mind plays this game seriously without a food buff.
    Edited by Vevvev on March 9, 2022 5:12PM
  • HalfDragoness
    HalfDragoness
    ✭✭✭
    The ultimate problem with the vampire is that it's impossible to keep it balanced across all playstyles so it works for no one.

I've always loved having vampire characters and I remember in the very early days of eso there was a vampire passive which allowed vamps to do 2% extra damage at night. Which totally makes sense in vampire lore but it got misused a lot so it was taken out of the game.

I was fairly happy with the Greymor rework but since then it's really challenging to find a vampire playstyle that works for me. I currently have a DKvampire (among others) where I stack blood frenzy with the Masters Inferno staff for short bursts of + 1210 spell/weapon damage. It's really fun, and kinda high risk but very satisfying.
    The thing that disappointed me the most about the vampire rework was that the ultimate and it's morphs were so destructive. (Don't get me wrong I love destructive ultimates but that wasn't what I wanted from my vampire) I wish that one of the morphs for the ultimate would really focus on the 'seeing enemies through walls' and allow you to temporarily become really stealthy. Which as a PvE'er would be extremely cool but I can see this giving unfair advantages in PvP, so it'll never happen.

I guess the best way to try and 'fix' the vampire would be to look at the different playstyles and make the skills behave differently in each scenario or make a really bland version that doesn't have a strong impact in any scenario.

i.e. How to players utilise the vampire skills and passives in:
    • PvP content
    • Group PvE
    • Solo PvE
    • Casual RP

• TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

Technically that already exists and it'd amount to nothing because nobody in their right mind plays this game seriously without a food buff.

Well Vampires use Food Buffs as well but still have to put up with the stage system.

They should redesign the system, make it so Vampires can only get their health buff from Bloody Mara's or from consuming Blood. make it so mortals need to eat food now and again or they lose health recovery and disease resistance.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well Vampires use Food Buffs as well but still have to put up with the stage system.

They should redesign the system, make it so Vampires can only get their health buff from Bloody Mara's or from consuming Blood. make it so mortals need to eat food now and again or they lose health recovery and disease resistance.

That doesn't even follow the way the single player games had it. I wouldn't want that system in the game at all, and did you know only the Volkihars had poison resistance? Yeah, it's lore friendly vampires derive sustenance and power from eating normal foods, can get drunk, etc. Traditionally the only poisonous effect they were immune to was paralysis.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That doesn't even follow the way the single player games had it. I wouldn't want that system in the game at all, and did you know only the Volkihars had poison resistance? Yeah, it's lore friendly vampires derive sustenance and power from eating normal foods, can get drunk, etc. Traditionally the only poisonous effect they were immune to was paralysis.

Why are you talking about Poison resistance? not once did I mention it.

The only reason the Vampires in Skyrim were immune to it was because you know they are dead, Vampires in ESO are also dead, Gwendis being drunk seems to actually be a plothole, all Vampires should be immune to poison due to you know being dead and being immune to poison would also make you immune to alcohol.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why are you talking about Poison resistance? not once did I mention it.

The only reason the Vampires in Skyrim were immune to it was because you know they are dead, Vampires in ESO are also dead, Gwendis being drunk seems to actually be a plothole, all Vampires should be immune to poison due to you know being dead and being immune to poison would also make you immune to alcohol.

I brought it up because poison and food go hand in hand. TES vampires are not dead in the traditional sense and have always been able to drink potions, get benefits from food, etc. Skyrim is the problem and trying to force the Volkihar's unique poison resistance as some weird "they're all that way" is total bogus.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the vampire skills are useful. People just don't want to sacrifice to use most of them, imo. It seems most players just want another overpowered skill tree or bust.

Ehhh..... as a long time vampire player and theorycrafter I wish I could say you're completely right but I can't. Even my most hard core "pure" vampire builds cannot actually use all the abilities without gimping myself quite heavily, and that's coming from someone who learned how to make Vampiric Drain work in this current patch.

Vampiric Drain's healing is hit too hard by Battle Spirit to heal. It's just utility in my hands and some fights I'll actually unslot it.

Arterial Burst is overshadowed by everything. Blood for Blood can't be used by Sorcerers wanting to use Crystal Frags effectively.

Perfect Scion is a joke with all it's benefits being overshadowed by just.... not being a vampire? It doesn't even have a steep enough cost decrease to be worth it over Swarming Scion. Also Swarming Scion is too expensive to be worthwhile in PvE, but is just right in PvP.

Blood Frenzy is a topic all it's own, but to suffice to say even with the most recent change it'll be very bipolar. Amazing in solo content but absolutely terrible in group content, and ESO is a multiplayer game which implies you'll be playing with other people which this ability gives the middle finger to.

Mistform can't be used in PvE, end of story. Blood Mist's healing is joke without that damage mitigation on it so don't even think about it, and Elusive Mist is PvP only. You'd be better off with Race Against Time in PvE and it's even more cost efficient.

Every player I see running mist form is blood mist right now because it lets them cheese pins. Mist form has been nothing but a way to bypass incoming damage to a ridiculous degree since Greymoor. The mag cost should be increased. It is cheaper per second than shadowy disguise and is way more powerful.

As for the rest, I personally think attack skills costing health is a bad idea specifically because it keeps people from using them, especially in pvp. Changing that alone would help.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Every player I see running mist form is blood mist right now because it lets them cheese pins. Mist form has been nothing but a way to bypass incoming damage to a ridiculous degree since Greymoor. The mag cost should be increased. It is cheaper per second than shadowy disguise and is way more powerful.

As for the rest, I personally think attack skills costing health is a bad idea specifically because it keeps people from using them, especially in pvp. Changing that alone would help.

I have not seen a person use Blood Mist effectively since they took the damage mitigation off it in PvE. In PvP it's Elusive Mist or bust my man. If you're in Blood Mist you'll be moving too slow to get away, and anyone with a brain knows to just not get near you.

And the health cost kills Blood Frenzy's use in PvP for brawlers (But not gankers and Dark Convergence users), but Blood for Blood is my primary spammable in PvP combat unless I need to use Molten Whip for whatever reason. Honestly the health cost is actually a boon because as a magDK I'm constantly running out of resources and applying magicka steal to people and hitting them for essentially no cost to me is very beneficial, especially in Battle Grounds where I have 0 sustain.
    Edited by Vevvev on March 10, 2022 11:16PM
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see where there are problems that they want to address, the problem is what they leave behind is very underwhelming.

I know it hasn't been very long since they last did a revamp, but I kind of feel that Vampire needs it. It feels more like an RP thing outside of a PvP niche right now.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not seen a person use Blood Mist effectively since they took the damage mitigation off it in PvE. In PvP it's Elusive Mist or bust my man. If you're in Blood Mist you'll be moving too slow to get away, and anyone with a brain knows to just not get near you.

And the health cost kills Blood Frenzy's use in PvP for brawlers (But not gankers and Dark Convergence users), but Blood for Blood is my primary spammable in PvP combat unless I need to use Molten Whip for whatever reason. Honestly the health cost is actually a boon because as a magDK I'm constantly running out of resources and applying magicka steal to people and hitting them for essentially no cost to me is very beneficial, especially in Battle Grounds where I have 0 sustain.

You are missing the trend, my man. XB NA is inundated by blood mist troll builds that just block a pin and eat damage from 12+.

It's mostly on AD right now but I'm seeing more and more EP run it.
    Edited by DrSlaughtr on March 11, 2022 1:04AM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are missing the trend, my man. XB NA is inundated by blood mist troll builds that just block a pin and eat damage from 12+.

Oh, Xbox. That's probably why due to the fact aiming is a bit harder since its limited by how fast you can pan the camera. Keeping your distance is still the go to plan but in melee if they just start doing weird movements weaving between people it'd be a pain to actually hit them.

Not that you should be in melee with a Blood Mist user since you're healing them every single second. Sadly you cannot control the actions of other people :confused:
    Edited by Vevvev on March 11, 2022 4:22PM
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Quoted post has been removed.

A lot of people here do not play Single Player games.

Also TESVI will be smaller and have significantly less content then ESO, your also going to be confined to a single province, I hope you enjoy Sand because that is the majority of the map will look like.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on March 26, 2022 3:31AM
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vevvev Would you still generally pick sated fury over shimmering after the patch? I'm still leveling heavily, so mostly overland solo (magicka NB, mind you) so, yeah. Will be able to test it later tonight hopefully, but wanted to hear your opinion. Also, no surprise that drain still sucks, shortening the channel to 2 seconds and making it like you're blocking (but without spending stamina) while using it would help a lot.
    Edited by Shagreth on March 14, 2022 3:31PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shagreth wrote: »
    Vevvev Would you still generally pick sated fury over shimmering after the patch? I'm still leveling heavily, so mostly overland solo (magicka NB, mind you) so, yeah. Will be able to test it later tonight hopefully, but wanted to hear your opinion. Also, no surprise that drain still sucks, shortening the channel to 2 seconds and making it like you're blocking (but without spending stamina) while using it would help a lot.

One friend last night suggested having Drain go through block. With how little damage it does if it did it'd be.... Interesting. How do you block your own life force leaving your body anyway?

Anyways, once I get my hands on it I'll let you know. I didn't have the space to install the PTS and have only been running the numbers in my head and doing the math on the side lines. I'm still thinking it'd be Sated Fury > Simmering Frenzy but only because of the heal at the end. Simmering Frenzy having the higher damage, but also higher cost, would mean higher damage and healing overall though.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shagreth After playing around with it... I don't know. If you don't need the heal definitely go Simmering Frenzy as it's essentially dirt cheap at high stages of vampirism.

My issue is it's not as big of a bite as it could be on Simmering Frenzy, but the burst heal on Sated Fury is definitely nice. Had some fun letting it run and turned it off when I got bored to see this wonderful 60k heal.

20220314204827_1.jpg
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shagreth After playing around with it... I don't know. If you don't need the heal definitely go Simmering Frenzy as it's essentially dirt cheap at high stages of vampirism.

My issue is it's not as big of a bite as it could be on Simmering Frenzy, but the burst heal on Sated Fury is definitely nice. Had some fun letting it run and turned it off when I got bored to see this wonderful 60k heal.

20220314204827_1.jpg
    Been playing around wtih sated fury, lmao, it's the strongest heal we got right now, will definitely keep it. 🤣🤣🤣
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sated fury is definitely fun to use and having a huge burst heal is nice.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire is realistically only for PvP
    The only reason people use it in PvP is Undeath, or occasionally when a degenerate one-shot build pops up.

I use it on my nightblade for the remove speed penalty of stealth and the weapon damage buff on leaving stealth, but I wouldn't say it's a degenerate oneshot build (I should probably make it so, haha!)
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, Xbox. That's probably why due to the fact aiming is a bit harder since its limited by how fast you can pan the camera. Keeping your distance is still the go to plan but in melee if they just start doing weird movements weaving between people it'd be a pain to actually hit them.

Not that you should be in melee with a Blood Mist user since you're healing them every single second. Sadly you cannot control the actions of other people :confused:

That's a misconception. Using both thumbsticks you can aim just as fast as a mouse. Also they got this build off a PC YTber. It's not exactly the most fun playstyle so I see more of them some nights than others.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so I played a werewolf for the first time in a very long time and I have to say.. I'm frigging jealous. I don't know what they could have done to make vampires feel good, maybe add a blood pool feeding system during combat where you spend to use/power up abilities, while also keeping the normal feeding somehow, so that there's incentive to stalk people in towns, you know, to feel like a vampire. The feeding system is so uninteresting right now, people either stay at stage one or three, the need to feed, the hunger as a vampire just isn't there. They've already added housing items etc. to vampires, I just don't see them ever reworking the Skill-Line again. So damn sad.

In general, I'm just a pale dude with passives, there's very little there that makes me 'feel' like a vampire, meanwhile there's plenty done right with werewolves. Are werewolves perfect? No, but the feel is there, they've done something right. @ZOS_GinaBruno please consider another rework, even a minor one.
    Edited by Shagreth on March 26, 2022 1:28AM
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shagreth wrote: »
    Ok, so I played a werewolf for the first time in a very long time and I have to say.. I'm frigging jealous. I don't know what they could have done to make vampires feel good, maybe add a blood pool feeding system during combat where you spend to use/power up abilities, while also keeping the normal feeding somehow, so that there's incentive to stalk people in towns, you know, to feel like a vampire. The feeding system is so uninteresting right now, people either stay at stage one or three, the need to feed, the hunger as a vampire just isn't there. They've already added housing items etc. to vampires, I just don't see them ever reworking the Skill-Line again. So damn sad.

In general, I'm just a pale dude with passives, there's very little there that makes me 'feel' like a vampire, meanwhile there's plenty done right with werewolves. Are werewolves perfect? No, but the feel is there, they've done something right. @ZOS_GinaBruno please consider another rework, even a minor one.

Thats how i wanted vamps to play, with more feeding to actually feel like a vampire. Most didn't seem to like the idea when it was brought up.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd been a vamp on all my characters since before Morrowind. They've since all been cured and I see no reason to ever make them vampires again. The skill tree is bad and the negatives far outweigh the positives, so there's no point in going vamp anymore.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, one huge QoL improvement, for those few of us that run at stage 4 and want to talk to NPC's would be to let us use hypnosis in some other way, having it slot it and not working 80% of the time sucks BIG time.
    Edited by Shagreth on April 2, 2022 6:50PM