The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Do you like the vampire nerfs every patch?

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing through The Reach I wish my vampires could summon a bat swarm — as a vampire, I mean, rather than have to turn into a hideous mutant monster to do so. :pensive:
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a buff.. initial cost is 700, additional 250 per stack so 3200 every 2 seconds, 400 spell damage for free.

Any beginner healer can sustain this in PvE, and most classes have some self HoT, now even magDK.

In PvP I have no bar space but I'm willing to bet it's sustainable, just maybe not worth for a non nightblade/great hot class.
    Edited by Jodynn on February 25, 2022 10:54PM
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny how all of these vampire nerfs are all related to endgame somehow. B4B nerfed for being the best magicka spammable on release, Mist Form nerfed bc tanks used it to "trivialize" content, and now Frenzy for dps using it to reach insane damage.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AinSoph wrote: »
    It's funny how all of these vampire nerfs are all related to endgame somehow. B4B nerfed for being the best magicka spammable on release, Mist Form nerfed bc tanks used it to "trivialize" content, and now Frenzy for dps using it to reach insane damage.
    It's also funny how they seem oblivious to Undeath dominating the PvP meta.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AinSoph wrote: »
    It's also funny how they seem oblivious to Undeath dominating the PvP meta.

That's the point!

Evil laughter!

But really... With the change to Blood Frenzy still keeping it a heal lock out stat steroid that's the point. Make it less a pain for the vampire to spend health as a resource. I honestly wish ZOS would revert to the old vampire cost increase and decrease values. Went and dug up the 6.0.3 patch notes for the old values.

Adjusted the Vampire Stages to the following:
    Stage 1/2/3/4
    Health Recovery is now -10/-30/-60/-100%, adjusted from -10/-40/-70-/100%
    Flame Damage Taken is now +5/+8/+13/+20%, adjusted from +5/+10/+15/+20%
    Regular Ability Cost is now +3/+5/+8+12%, down from +5/+10/+15/+20%
    Vampire Ability Cost is now -6/-10/-16/-24%, down from -10/-20/-30/-40%

Stage 3 used to have that nasty +15% normal ability costs on it.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Foto1
    Foto1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like. waiting for more nerfs
    PC/EU CP 1200+
    Artaxerks stamina dk khajiit
    Wayna Qhapaq magicka dk argonian
    Rorekur stamina sorc orc
    Maria de Medici magicka sorc breton
    Cordeilla stamina warden wood elf
    Quienn Gwendolen magicka warden high elf
    Nefertari stamina necro khajiit
    Boadicea Icenian magicka templar dark elf
    Clarice de Medici healer nb breton
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should just remove the ability cost penalty on non-vampire skills if they are gonna keep nerfing the skills. No sense in taking vampirism when you got more curse than kiss.

Ironically Werewolf is probably gonna be even stronger next patch.
  • Dragonlord573
    Dragonlord573
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radical thought: because PvE lost Mist Form, take Undeath away from PvP. Boom, the 3 PvE vampires that still remain get to have something and Cyrodiil can stop being invaded by vampires.
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I would prefer to see them happen every other patch. :smiley:
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radical thought: because PvE lost Mist Form, take Undeath away from PvP. Boom, the 3 PvE vampires that still remain get to have something and Cyrodiil can stop being invaded by vampires.

Uhh..... no, that won't fix anything.

If anything the few PvP vampires actually playing it like a Brawler with the vampire spammable and stuff would get erased from existence with that change. PvE solo vampires never needed Mistform anyways to succeed, and as heart broken as I was when it was taken away I came to the realization.... I never really used it. I might pop it to purge a snare or immobilization but that was it.

The real PvE cheese was Blood Mist on tanks. Honestly, why does Blood Mist even exist if not to be used for tanking or just outright trolling? Nobody I knew except tanks before the change to Mistform even used Blood Mist. It just doesn't go fast enough to be a good getaway ability.
    Edited by Vevvev on February 28, 2022 4:34AM
  • StamPlar_1976
    StamPlar_1976
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I'm very happy for the nerfs. I believe that it isn't enough though. After they did their vampire revamp , I eagerly awaited for vamp to crash and burn. The revamp was garbage as well as the lore they tacked onto it. I'm glad it's being nerfed into the ground so nobody wants to use it.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I'm very happy for the nerfs. I believe that it isn't enough though. After they did their vampire revamp , I eagerly awaited for vamp to crash and burn. The revamp was garbage as well as the lore they tacked onto it. I'm glad it's being nerfed into the ground so nobody wants to use it.
    Show us on the doll where the bad vampire touched you. Seriously, get out, there's people that care for vampirism.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still hoping they nerf Undeath but buff everything else. Give each skill a morph that can be used with a "normal" playstyle, and keep one morph that fits the "low hp high risk" thing for the tiny handful of niche builds that do that.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shagreth wrote: »
    Show us on the doll where the bad vampire touched you. Seriously, get out, there's people that care for vampirism.

Points to neck.

To be serious, I mostly agree with the nerfs. Players that want to RP as vampires are welcome to. It should never have been reworked to be mandatory for the competitive endgame. It was ridiculous when vamp was the only way to sustain (Blood for Blood), gave a 25-30% DPS increase (Simmering) or was required to survive certain mechanics (Mist Form). Vampirism should be mostly cosmetic, and may have minor benefits that are balanced by some small weaknesses, as it was for the first 6 years of ESO.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Points to neck.

To be serious, I mostly agree with the nerfs. Players that want to RP as vampires are welcome to. It should never have been reworked to be mandatory for the competitive endgame. It was ridiculous when vamp was the only way to sustain (Blood for Blood), gave a 25-30% DPS increase (Simmering) or was required to survive certain mechanics (Mist Form). Vampirism should be mostly cosmetic, and may have minor benefits that are balanced by some small weaknesses, as it was for the first 6 years of ESO.

I don't agree that it should be cosmetic because then it's no longer a choice you make. Starting to agree with the people asking for a mortal only skill line that's on par with vampire and werewolf, because then we can make all three unique and strong in their own ways without all these nerfs.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mandatory for the competitive endgame
    Which is what's going on in PvP, it's wall-to-wall vamps but not a single actual vamp ability in sight, just Undeath.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which is what's going on in PvP, it's wall-to-wall vamps but not a single actual vamp ability in sight, just Undeath.
    At the very least Undeath should require Stage 4.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the very least Undeath should require Stage 4.

With as strong as it is... That'd be a good idea honestly. Flip the stage 4 and 3 passives around or make Undeath half power at stage 3 and full power at stage 4.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    With as strong as it is... That'd be a good idea honestly. Flip the stage 4 and 3 passives around or make Undeath half power at stage 3 and full power at stage 4.
    And at some point -- add a third faction, dawnguard or something, let people hunt us down for sport, that should probably end the hate towards vampires. Probably.. :expressionless:
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And at some point -- add a third faction, dawnguard or something, let people hunt us down for sport, that should probably end the hate towards vampires. Probably.. :expressionless:

..... kinda pushing it there my friend lol. Technically speaking they already do have Dawnguard stuff to use against us, but it's a bit weak at the minute and vampires can use it to. Not that there isn't a rule saying vampires can't use anti-vampire weapons, but I recall Dawnbreaker in Skyrim hurting your companions or even hurting you if your companion was using it and it proced the explosion with you nearby. Weapon isn't safe around undead lol.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ..... kinda pushing it there my friend lol. Technically speaking they already do have Dawnguard stuff to use against us, but it's a bit weak at the minute and vampires can use it to. Not that there isn't a rule saying vampires can't use anti-vampire weapons, but I recall Dawnbreaker in Skyrim hurting your companions or even hurting you if your companion was using it and it proced the explosion with you nearby. Weapon isn't safe around undead lol.
    Indeed! The weapon from Meridia. Honestly, as a vampire player I would like it if they expanded on the whole 'vampire/werewolf' hunter themed skills, I think that could potentially level the field. But yeah, I think making undeath rank 4 would help a lot.

....then again, playing with just undeath isn't exactly my idea of being a vampire, so, yeah, they really need to adjust the actives.
    Edited by Shagreth on February 28, 2022 10:58PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed! The weapon from Meridia. Honestly, as a vampire player I would like it if they expanded on the whole 'vampire/werewolf' hunter themed skills, I think that could potentially level the field. But yeah, I think making undeath rank 4 would help a lot.

....then again, playing with just undeath isn't exactly my idea of being a vampire, so, yeah, they really need to adjust the actives.

Indeed.... I like Undeath from a position of it follows the lore, but it doesn't really add anything to the gameplay. It does make the health consuming playstyle easier to do, but unlike the Unnatural Movement and Strike From the Shadows passives it doesn't do a good job pushing you to play a certain way.

Guess you could also force it to where Undeath activates only when you have a vampire ability slotted, although that feels a bit gamey... Don't wanna make it as restrictive as Strike from the Shadows or as niche in combat as Unnatural Movement.
  • Gorem
    Gorem
    ✭✭
    Yeah i agree 100%
    This is NOT a Vampire Skill Line AT ALL Period,
    If anything, this is a pure LICH skill line instead of a vampire.
    Vampires Feed for power and Gain health and strength ....not loose it!
    i can honestly say they totally ruined the vampire skill line on a massive scale, NONE of it makes any sense what so ever.
    I personally think they need to dump it and start over from scratch. and take some freaking player feedback every once in a while. people who don't listen to the player base end up with dead games.

• Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should just revert vamp to before they changed the ultimate.

Clouding swarm / devouring swarm is still missed.. :(
    EU | PC
  • RitualSmoke
    RitualSmoke
    ✭✭✭
    they definitely go around the adjustments in a small view knee jerk fashion, if someones abusing it in organized raids of people in discord, maybe make it not work in trials. or not work in pvp or against players ect ect
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's funny how back in the day they nerfed or removed(can't remember exactly which) the passive mag Regen from vamp because "they didn't want people taking vamp just for the passives"... Aaand here we are lol
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IxskullzxI wrote: »
    It's funny how back in the day they nerfed or removed(can't remember exactly which) the passive mag Regen from vamp because "they didn't want people taking vamp just for the passives"... Aaand here we are lol

it is very quickly returning to that lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IxskullzxI wrote: »

>.>

<.<

Casts Mesmerize to try and wipe IxskullzxI's mind but the skill doesn't land.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the vampire skills are useful. People just don't want to sacrifice to use most of them, imo. It seems most players just want another overpowered skill tree or bust.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All of the vampire skills are useful. People just don't want to sacrifice to use most of them, imo. It seems most players just want another overpowered skill tree or bust.
    They're either too niche to fit normal competitive builds, or flat worse than similar abilities in other trees. They could copy/paste Turn Evil onto Mesmerize and it would be a massive buff. There are more vamps than mortals in Cyro, and they're almost all doing it purely for Stage 3 Undeath.