The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Dark Convergence Online

pleximus
pleximus
✭✭✭✭✭
This has completely destroyed pvp! Playing on PC NA-server and AD has so many people just spamming it that it covers the entire courtyard and out! DELETE THIS SET FROM THE GAME OR CHANGE THE NAME TO "DARK CONVERGENCE ONLINE"!

I've seldom been this angry while playing this game. This set is just disgusting and ruins everything fun about the game! REMOVE IT! REMOVE IT, REMOVE IT, REMOVE IT!! It was a mistake to introduce it in the first place! REMOVE IT!!
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 7, 2022 3:23AM
  • HertoginJanneke
    HertoginJanneke
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. I don't play PVP, and I can see by how it works in PVE that it can by extremely annoying for PVP, but for PVE it's a fun set.
    Options
  • proprio.meb16_ESO
    proprio.meb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woha mate, relax :)

I think it's being nerfed (don't know at which extent, you can check for yourself) in u33 now on pts, such update will land on normal servers on March, with next dlc: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/596951/pts-patch-notes-v7-3-0

There's also a specific thread on it in pts forum: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/597441/dark-convergence
    Edited by proprio.meb16_ESO on February 4, 2022 9:29AM
    Options
  • pleximus
    pleximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I don't play PVP, and I can see by how it works in PVE that it can by extremely annoying for PVP, but for PVE it's a fun set.

Then ZOS must disable it for pvp. It's destroying everything and everyone but those using it despise that set!
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never seen anyone use it in PvE. What's the application?
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, but it is a set in Elder Stamina & Blob Perma CC Online so…
    Edited by Idinuse on February 4, 2022 8:35AM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
    Options
  • Anfieldkris
    Anfieldkris
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, not sure I agree with you OP (but fully appreciate the frustration). I’m on PS EU and whilst not the best pvp’er ever, I pvp quite a lot. If you get a properly coordinated defence using any set (s), probably on mic with someone making the defensive calls, a well organised ball group or whatever, it’s always going to be nasty, especially if the attack is an uncoordinated Zerg.

First few times I walked into dark convergence and got pulled between multiple procs, not good at all. However, given the massive tells on the floor, it’s pretty easy to counter. On my sorc I shield up and streak out, on my blades, just dodge roll away etc. Not sure that dark convergence is any worse or harder than people laying down a bunch of meat bags, cold fires, oils, lancers etc. etc. and covering a courtyard that way.

Biggest issue seems to be players from own alliance charging into gateways or breaches and dying over and over when they are clearly lit up by nasty stuff, rather than making a second breach to split the defence.
    Options
  • Onyx_Werewolf_Gnome
    Onyx_Werewolf_Gnome
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use it & love it, it is great fun in dungeons
    Options
  • _Zathras_
    _Zathras_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pleximus wrote: »

Then ZOS must disable it for pvp. It's destroying everything and everyone but those using it despise that set!

Unfortunately there aren't two rulesets in ESO.

So, what they nuke/nerf/yank in PvP is also done in PvE. Usually this is done to the detriment of PvE players, as whatever was perceived as being OPd (or whatever) in PvP was just fine for the rest of the game.
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Zathras_ wrote: »

So, what they nuke/nerf/yank in PvP is also done in PvE. Usually this is done to the detriment of PvE players, as whatever was perceived as being OPd (or whatever) in PvP was just fine for the rest of the game.

Not true.

• Battle Spirit
    • Abilities like Negate Magic or Mist Form
    • Sets like Bahsei’s Mania or Marksman’s Crest

These all have different effects based on the content you’re in (PvE vs PvP) or if you strike a Player or Non-Player.
    Edited by Vaoh on February 4, 2022 12:25PM
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for sets for solo dungeon/arena runs, would you recommend it?
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • Onyx_Werewolf_Gnome
    Onyx_Werewolf_Gnome
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

I'm looking for sets for solo dungeon/arena runs, would you recommend it?

I don't do arenas, but me Mirri & Dark Convergence in a dungeon have a lovely time. I'm probably the worst person to ask because I don't do arenas. I'm a bit pants although CP1500+.I'd say your best bet is to ask in here https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/dungeons-trials-arenas

I'd hate for you to waste gold & discover it is completely meh for your purposes :)
    Options
  • _Zathras_
    _Zathras_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

Not true.

• Battle Spirit

These all have different effects based on the content you’re in (PvE vs PvP) or if you strike a Player or Non-Player.

I'm sure there are exceptions, as you noted, but in general it is still the case that a PvP nerf also unfairly nerfs PvE as well.

There are many threads on this.
    Options
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    I've never seen anyone use it in PvE. What's the application?

Stacking trash. On a warden for example you hit the delayed damage skills, DC, and then use titanic cleave. It's way overpowered in PvE as well but great fun.

The U33 changes actually appear to buff it not nerf it, and there's no mention of fixing the actual PvP problems with the set - lag, banding, pulling people off walls exploits etc.
    Too many toons not enough time
    Options
  • Kalle_Demos
    Kalle_Demos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not true.

• Battle Spirit

IIRC, Battle Spirit wasn't used to adjust Mistform. The entire skill was gutted and the player base was screwed over because of the way some players were using it in a single Dungeon. This is the main reason I find this topic so loathsome. The fact that small groups of whiners can effectively ruin fun things across multiple game modes for everyone is absolutely ridiculous.

"If I am to be Queen, I must look fear in the face and conquer it. How can I ask my people to have faith in me if I don't have faith in myself?" - Queen Ayrenn
    Options
  • zacvanm
    zacvanm
    ✭✭✭

As someone who tanks dungeons, if I see a dps using it, as I often do, I purposely don’t taunt those adds. Pulling things is the tanks job. If you pull it all on you and they agro to you then so be it. Fortunately dungeons are stupid easy and they do fine, but occasionally they get what they deserve. Dark Convergence is a no skill carry set in both PvE and PvP..but especially in PvP.
    EP Nord StamDK PvP
    EP Breton Magplar PvP/PvE
    1750cp
    PS-NA
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not true.

• Battle Spirit

I'm sure there are exceptions, as you noted, but in general it is still the case that a PvP nerf also unfairly nerfs PvE as well.

Oh I agree - I’m only saying ZOS is capable of balancing separately but makes the decision not to in most cases.

It’s not possible for PvP and PvE to have the same ruleset while still maintaining good balance. Battle Spirit was a created to acknowledge this issue but like always, they choose the route of rebalancing both sides. Pretty sure no one likes this. In other words it’s not the PvPers vs the PvEers but rather ZOS not doing what either side wants.
    Options
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not true.

• Battle Spirit

Oh I agree - I’m only saying ZOS is capable of balancing separately but makes the decision not to in most cases.

It’s not possible for PvP and PvE to have the same ruleset while still maintaining good balance. Battle Spirit was a created to acknowledge this issue but like always, they choose the route of rebalancing both sides. Pretty sure no one likes this. In other words it’s not the PvPers vs the PvEers but rather ZOS not doing what either side wants.

Yes. Disappointing there are so many explicit exceptions ("This effect does not work on players/does X instead") yet they continue to TRY and keep those exceptions limited even when it would be so much easier to balance if they embraced it.

Sure in some cases you'll end up with effectively two different rules but the same name for the same things -- one in PvP zones and one without.

But you won't have to revisit the same sets over and over (and over) later on to address new balance problems and upset 'the other side' with changes that don't impact their gameplay.

Even without the explicit exceptions at the item/skill level, PLAYERS have to deal with functionally different skills when they change environments due to Battle Spirit or CP/no CP. The Players live with different functioning skills already -- it's not something we wouldn't understand how to manage.
    Edited by Fennwitty on February 4, 2022 2:57PM
    PC NA
    Options
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    As someone who tanks dungeons, if I see a dps using it, as I often do, I purposely don’t taunt those adds. Pulling things is the tanks job. If you pull it all on you and they agro to you then so be it. Fortunately dungeons are stupid easy and they do fine, but occasionally they get what they deserve. Dark Convergence is a no skill carry set in both PvE and PvP..but especially in PvP.

As a tank I'm quite happy when people are using DC for trash stacking. It gets the job done fast if it's used right and lets me concentrate on the bosses or any actual dangerous adds. As a DPS I run dc one one toon and given I can hit over 200K dps on trash packs using DC the tank won't have time to taunt the stuff before it dies anyway.

It's also useful in combo with a tank on some content where you proc it with caltrops or an aoe ground heal on the tank.

Edited by etchedpixels on February 4, 2022 3:06PM
    Too many toons not enough time
    Options
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woha mate, relax :)

I think it's being nerfed (don't know at which extent, you can check for yourself) in u33 now on pts, such update will land on normal servers on March, with next dlc: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/596951/pts-patch-notes-v7-3-0

There's also a specific thread on it in pts forum: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/597441/dark-convergence

Dark Convergence was essentially not nerfed. It still pulls people off siege, off the third floor and through walls and doors. They never fixed Dark Convergence.

The only two ways to fix Dark Convergence is to make it so it only effects NPC's or to remove it from the game.
    Edited by AJones43865 on February 4, 2022 3:31PM
    Options
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't enjoy being pulled of forts with the set, no and it's not normal.
    On PC EU I could probably name the people hitting the angles to get you down, but we won't go there.
    I would consider it an 'exploit' of the set though, yes.

I thought those kind of issues were resolved many years ago in ESO and I don't understand this regression?

Edited by Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo on February 4, 2022 3:56PM
    Options
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    Youyouz06 wrote: »
    I don't enjoy being pulled of forts with the set, no and it's not normal.
    On PC EU I could probably name the people hitting the angles to get you down, but we won't go there.
    I would consider it an 'exploit' of the set though, yes.

I thought those kind of issues were resolved many years ago in ESO and I don't understand this regression?

Sadly, regression is exactly the right word for what is happening right now with ESO.
    Options
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is the set that sucks players into the center of a giant black circle proc on ground effects, then yes, it needs needed badly.

It is indeed ruining pvp.
    End the tedious inventory management game.
    Options
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get it out. It's was a terribly designed set from the very beginning and such a strong indication of poor gameplay design going forward.

And I don't just hate it in PvP. I hate it in PvE too. The only role I've ever played is tank and that set makes me feel 100% completely useless anymore, as if tanks didn't already have basically zero reason to exist in dungeons. At least I could feel good about queuing for a dungeon and know that i could help the team by rounding up enemies with some skillful use of snares, roots, and pulls. Now's it's just a one-button show that the DPS can do while also exterminating the room of all mobs.

I literally haven't played since October because of this crap and I don't intend to come back until it's gone.
    Options
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've been asking for class ultimates and new skill trees, but we keep getting dismissed because "it would break balance" and whatnot, and yet we keep getting new OP skills that are cast for us for free by gear sets that keep getting introduced in the game. Dark Convergence should've been a racial ultimate that costs over 250 ult. The base morph would be in its current state, and the other morphs would be the way DC was before nerfed (either 2 pulls, or extended range).
    This way, only a few select characters would be able to use it, AND it would only be a single-cast expensive ult that doesn't combine with other stuff like colossus or caltrops.
    Yes, other players could team up to gank you that way, but they can still do that now anyway so would it matter?
    Options
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in pvp trying this set out yesterday. I don’t play pvp much anymore and swiftly changed my necro back to pve healer. It was fun to play while it lasted tho.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
    Options
  • BlossomDead
    BlossomDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter you found application for it in PvE. It was introduced to tackle groups in PvP and it is quite frankly sucking the fun out of everything there.

PvE has a wealth of sets to use, you can live without this particular one.
    Options
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem is not the set itself but how prone it is to lag.

Ball groups use it only to glitch players into triple break free so they can ulti dump. When it works as intended it's easy to break free and roll but when your character is stuck breaking bree for 5-6 seconds that's a reaaaaaaly long burst window.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
    Options
  • MaraxusTheOrc
    MaraxusTheOrc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im 90% a PvE player who has found DC a fun set for dungeons.

I casually run a BG once every few days, so I defer to those who spend more time PvPing on the broader impact of this set, but…

Please, take it out of the game for the sake of PvP. It’s not worth the utility in PvE if it has such a remarkably detrimental effect on PvP sustainability.
    Options
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All they need to do to fix DC is make it apply some sort of unique CC buff so people can't be hit by it more than once every X seconds, and fix it pulling people off walls and siege. That's literally it, and then it would be fine. But those two things are fsr the things ZOS seems least inclined to actually address.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
    Options
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not a PVE set tho, you earn it in PVP therefore PVE doesn't really have a say.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.