Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The Xbox Live™ service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Official Feedback Thread For ESO 2022 Global Reveal- High Isle

• Einar_Hrafnarsson
    Einar_Hrafnarsson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Settings and vibe is okay but there are so many other things that need improvements or fixes. We do not need a Card Game and i am very dissapointed. But what does the Feedback matter? We will still get it even if half the playerbase does not want it.
    Options
  • wazbaumukerb14_ESO
    wazbaumukerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Malthorne wrote: »
    Malthorne wrote: »
    I’m curious as to how ZOS is handling the overwhelming negative feedback. Are they taking the community’s disappointment to heart and creating action plans to deliver the systems we asked for in the future? Or do they just think that our feedback is more “wahh wahh” and they know what’s best?

It's a modern company so they probably just look at metrics not posts. If people are playing and buying stuff = things are good. The corporate model is to focus on what people do not what they say.

Anyway I can't believe anyone would be opposed to account bound achievements lol. It's completely the norm at this stuff, and frankly almost everything in MMOs should be account-bound all the time. Busywork of redoing stuff on alts is terrible and doesn't respect your time.

Why do you think FFXIV is the number 1 MMO right now? There are a few factors, one of which is their ability to communicate and listen to feedback from their community on various forums and social media.

To be clear, I wasn't defending this practice. I just think it is the way it is.

Blizzard has been getting their lunch eaten recently, and part of the reason is that they completely stopped listening to feedback years ago, trusting completely in their metrics about what players did. Now WoW is probably in the worst shape it has ever been and they are scrambling to undo the damage.

It is a hard line to walk for developers though. Most feedback they're going to get is negative, and that same negativity bias will dominate forums. If they read that here but then see that people are forking over money for crown crates and stuff the forums insist are bad, what conclusion are they supposed to draw?

Options
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyway I can't believe anyone would be opposed to account bound achievements lol. It's completely the norm at this stuff, and frankly almost everything in MMOs should be account-bound all the time. Busywork of redoing stuff on alts is terrible and doesn't respect your time.

It is my choice how I play this game. For me, it’s not ‘busywork’ and I enjoy the time I spend replaying content on my alts.

If this game is going to be ‘once done, no more fun’ then not sure about carrying on playing. This should be optional.

You can still do everything you want, nothing is changing about it. I've read some posts on this and the perspective is interesting (things I never would have considered), but it's important to understand that your perspective is going to be a tiny minority. Modern games have moved to account bound stuff for a good reason.

But it does. Some seek out the challenge of playing other roles and classes.

Some play this MMORPG (where the RP stands for Role-Playing...) as those individual characters... and smashing all the achievements together most definitely "takes something away from them".

Adding just an Account Achievement Overview (similar to what the add-on does for PC players) would be a perfectly valid way to give those that want Account-wide what they need, while still maintaining the individuality of characters for what others need.

There is a middle ground that keeps more engaged and happy. I hope that the language that Gina used in the stream was inaccurate and the truth of the matter is that we're just going to be getting this account overview type thing. But based on their words, I'm not that hopeful.

The amount of dismissive comments towards those advocating for this is astounding.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    63,365 achievement points
    Options
  • wazbaumukerb14_ESO
    wazbaumukerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

It is my choice how I play this game. For me, it’s not ‘busywork’ and I enjoy the time I spend replaying content on my alts.

If this game is going to be ‘once done, no more fun’ then not sure about carrying on playing. This should be optional.

You can still do everything you want, nothing is changing about it. I've read some posts on this and the perspective is interesting (things I never would have considered), but it's important to understand that your perspective is going to be a tiny minority. Modern games have moved to account bound stuff for a good reason.

Some play this MMORPG (where the RP stands for Role-Playing...) as those individual characters... and smashing all the achievements together most definitely "takes something away from them".

Adding just an Account Achievement Overview (similar to what the add-on does for PC players) would be a perfectly valid way to give those that want Account-wide what they need, while still maintaining the individuality of characters for what others need.

There is a middle ground that keeps more engaged and happy. I hope that the language that Gina used in the stream was inaccurate and the truth of the matter is that we're just going to be getting this account overview type thing. But based on their words, I'm not that hopeful.

The amount of dismissive comments towards those advocating for this is astounding.

if there's an easy UI change that would make people happy, that seems fine! But ditching the entire idea of account bound stuff to appease RPers seems unwise.

Again, the genre has shown that people who want to redo everything on every character is a very tiny minority. The biggest MMO in town these days lets you play every class on the same character and receives a lot of praise for it!
    Options
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noerra wrote: »
    I wish the new reveal was:

Bretons are hella cool cause they have bloodlines that go back to man and mer.... and with Legacy of Bretons we are introducing the new One Hand and Magic Skill Line!

Also - Did you see all the Arenas and Games in the trailer? Well.. We are excited to tell you we are introducing a pvp mode in which you fight to impress the nobles, earn fame in our new ranking system to become a "local favorite" among the people of High Isle. You will hear them whisper to each other about you as you walk by... and... you may even have an "adoring fan" that will follow you around the main city.

There is also a Mysterious dungeon on the High Isles... It scales in difficulty the more people you have in your party... The dungeon is a rogue-like game mode that gets harder and harder with each level.... Can you Uncover the mysteries behind ___(insert cool dungeon name here)____

Along with all of that, we have listened to our players and have created a Furnishings Bag so you no longer have houses operating as warehouses when you really wish you could decorate them.

And... Last but not Least.... Have you ever wanted to customize the look of your spell abilities? Now you can "dye" your abilities at the outfit station! Become a Shadow Templar and Jab your opponent with a dark spear or dye your Dragon Knight flames Purple and call yourself the "Azure Dragon of Tamriel".

This is ESO, Play the way you want and Adventure Today!

So much all of this!

But I would really want to see this customization one day!

This post has to be shared more.
    Noerra wrote: »
    And... Last but not Least.... Have you ever wanted to customize the look of your spell abilities? Now you can "dye" your abilities at the outfit station! Become a Shadow Templar and Jab your opponent with a dark spear or dye your Dragon Knight flames Purple and call yourself the "Azure Dragon of Tamriel".
    [/b]
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
    Options
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

if there's an easy UI change that would make people happy, that seems fine! But ditching the entire idea of account bound stuff to appease RPers seems unwise.

Again, the genre has shown that people who want to redo everything on every character is a very tiny minority. The biggest MMO in town these days lets you play every class on the same character and receives a lot of praise for it!

"Another MMO does it this way" is the worst argument that you can make. Nobody makes anybody "redo everything on every character" in ESO now. But this TAKES AWAY from those that want the choice. You are literally removing a style of play for some people (I don't care how much of a minority they are), when there is an option that DOES NOT DO THAT.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    63,365 achievement points
    Options
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to say this Zos but you mucked up with this chapter.

You listened to some of the player base and went with their needs rather than taking the needs of all your players into account.

1. Companions. That is hardly a selling point. They are a grind to level and get rapport with and once the achievements are done will be shoved back in their boxes.
    2. Achievements, many players use this as a measure of what they have, well, achieved on each character. Some have characters that don't do thieving or Dark Brotherhood stuff. They will now have those achievements on those characters. You needed to do an overview page as many have called for, it would have been a compromise but a compromise that suited most players.
    3. A card game. Yes some players want table games, many don't care, it can be added to the game if you want but not as the focal point of a chapter.
    4. No proper mention of PvP. The comedy broadcast after the main event mentioned Matts letter but that was it. Surely something could have been shared about what the plans are? The few things PvP related were as underwhelming as the rest of the two streams.
    5. The cash grab decon assistant. It will be 5k crowns for something that we should get when we become master crafters.
    6. Two person mounts. Not for me, what is even the point of them? Oh yes cash grab

So yes to put it mildly I'm incredibly disappointed in this chapter, I'm fed up with the excuses, yes you've been working from home for two years, well so have I and I've had to be as productive as u was before Covid.

There are so many wonderful ideas on the forums if only you would actually take stock as to what your player base wants and engage with them, you may find the player base gets a lot happier when you do. And please, let's have some new names and faces running streams, let's see some with enthusiasm for what they do, the comedy showcase did absolutely nothing for your company when one of them kept losing track of where she was and what she was supposed to be doing.

Options
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    . If they were to pass along relevant posts and prioritize feedback… then there wouldn’t be a need for an “official feedback thread”.
    hmm, i think you might've mis-typed or left out a word? If not, then sorry but i don't understand your point.

The very fact that there are 'official feedback threads' (as well as considerate mod-filters like @ZOS_Kevin ) proves exactly what i was saying before. Additionally, it's important to remember that the larger sticky threads make it easier for the DEVS (Coders) , since it provides them with one consolidated area of reference. (Coders don't have time to scroll thru section after forum section , nor random thread after thread )
    All I am saying is that the response from the community is valid and what should have been expected.
    No one, not even the "evil" corporations, go into big update announcements expecting for the worst. That's not really how human beings work either. Most rational/healthy humans always expect (aka hope) for the BEST, but prepare for the worst. (and whatever "the worst" means is of course a subjective term, depending upon who you are)

Regardless, if you re-read my post, you'll see that i certainly wasn't saying "the response" (standard negative forum response? ) is totally invalid or whatever, but rather what i was implying is that there are a few other aspects which are MORE valid than a Poll. The point being, from a Developer perspective, metrics & money far out-weigh fleeting forum rage any day.
    Edited by NeeScrolls on January 28, 2022 7:09PM
    Options
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a bit of feedback related to the collectors edition product details rather than the content itself, but...

Why does it seem that the "own throne" emote which was already sold to players last year in crown crates is being included in with the digital exclusives? Why would I want to pay for something I already own?

This seems like a really weird oversight as no other pack has ever included stuff that has already been sold in the game.

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/eso_highisle_upgrade_ce

You can see it here, the very first item, included as a part of a "pack". Why would you include something many people already have as a purchase incentive?

@ZOS_Kevin Is there any way you could communicate this question to the team? It seems really strange.
    Edited by ArchangelIsraphel on January 28, 2022 7:04PM
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not just roleplayers. It's everyone who rolls multiple characters in order to play through the game with them, as opposed to rolling them just to try out builds or rush them via 50 levels at an Alik'r dolmen to endgame. They do not form a "very tiny minority". In a current poll (largely taken before the announcement) 25% wanted the current system, and a further 17% wanted only some achievements to be account-wide. A good many of those supporting account-wide achievements in all such polls do not want titles to be account-wide.
    Options
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ghasp wrote: »
    Abilities feel spammy, attacking/killing doesn't feel "impactful", and questing content feels way to easy. .
    I agree, but i'm not sure what the perfect solution is tbqh, because i simply don't know how--or if--it's ever possible to cater 'game combat' for all degrees of player skill (or lack thereof) .

Personally, i believe it's better for overall MMO integrity to avoid catering too much toward the lowest-common-denominator type player. But currently, that's not how game companies think....or are allowed to think. :|

Plus, usually the types of players who prefer easy-mode combat also tend to spend the most money$ on fluff items to keep the game afloat. This presents a serious quandry to Developers.
    Options
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some more feedbacks:

1. Companions
    Please make their combat AI more intuitive (ie don’t just stand in the red circle). Let them carry own gears and give us the option to put helmets and adornments on them.

A shady khajit is great , but not sure why we are getting another goody two shoe companion.

Please revise the rapport system (eg you can gift items from time to time to gain positive rapport). Dislike for cooking cheese is just odd. Likewise, Bastian dislikes for opening thieves troves yet pointing out a heavy sack saying, “look! Someone’s loss is others gain” is downright hypocritical.

Mirri and Bastian deserve additional personal storylines and quests. Or maybe just Mirri :D

2. Storyline
    Very excited about the Breton storyline. Just drop the amount of “remind me, who are you/what are we doing?” Type of lines or at least, give them among other options.

3. Swim faster
    Sammy is a fat khajit and can’t swim very fast. Sammy accepts that, but his Bosmer alt surely can be speedier?? Since we are going to a watery place, the need to speed swim seems greater, even for Sammy.

4. Story mode dungeons
    This one just wants the story, not the mutant stones or whatever they are.

And please, for the love of Sithis please don’t turn the card game into a monetisation scheme.
    Edited by SammyKhajit on January 28, 2022 7:30PM
    Options
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was hoping for a new class, weapon or magical skill line. Something new to play with. Another zone is just not that exciting. I've played through Blackwood once and didn't even bother finishing the most recent DLC as I was bored into Oblivion (pun intended).

While new stories are always nice it will be the first chapter that I will not buy. A collection of small islands and a quest line that you can likely do in one evening is just not worth the price you ask.

Morrowind, Summerset and Elsweyr were worth the price. Anything past that just seems so incredibly lackluster.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
    Options
  • wazbaumukerb14_ESO
    wazbaumukerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

"Another MMO does it this way" is the worst argument that you can make. Nobody makes anybody "redo everything on every character" in ESO now. But this TAKES AWAY from those that want the choice. You are literally removing a style of play for some people (I don't care how much of a minority they are), when there is an option that DOES NOT DO THAT.

Most businesses care about what their competitors are doing and what has been proven to be successful.
    Tandor wrote: »

It's not just roleplayers. It's everyone who rolls multiple characters in order to play through the game with them, as opposed to rolling them just to try out builds or rush them via 50 levels at an Alik'r dolmen to endgame. They do not form a "very tiny minority". In a current poll (largely taken before the announcement) 25% wanted the current system, and a further 17% wanted only some achievements to be account-wide. A good many of those supporting account-wide achievements in all such polls do not want titles to be account-wide.

Online polls are unscientific and mean nothing. The number of players who post on the forums, let alone vote in polls, is miniscule and not representative of the playerbase.

This is also why companies tend to ignore feedback in such channels and focus only on the hard metrics they have available.
    Edited by wazbaumukerb14_ESO on January 28, 2022 7:42PM
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most businesses care about what their competitors are doing and what has been proven to be successful.
    Tandor wrote: »

Online polls are unscientific and mean nothing. The number of players who post on the forums, let alone vote in polls, is miniscule and not representative of the playerbase.

This is also why companies tend to ignore feedback in such channels and focus only on the hard metrics they have available.

Forum polls are a lot more scientific than an unsupported claim that "the genre has shown that people who want to redo everything on every character is a very tiny minority".
    Options
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    MEH
    Nemeliom wrote: »
    You are killing/letting die PvP. A Card game isn't pvp.
    Completly disappointed.
    To be honest I didn't expect there to be many changes in PvP this year with the massive undertaking of re-architecting the base code of the game. Adding new content or changing the already existing content could further complicate the process or take time away from it. I'm ok with the lack of content for PvP as long as they are focusing on solving the performance issues.....Besides what's the point on getting new content if you can't even enjoy it. I am happy they took into consideration players suggestions on incentivizing PvP modes more, but it feels like the bare minimum. All PvP modes should have incentives, not just IC. And to be honest, I find the new motif to be a little lackluster in comparison to other designs (fang lair, waking flame, etc). There's nothing really outstanding about it for the headache that you'll have to go through to achieve it.

Card Game...
    I didn't like Gwent, don't make me play another. I'm happy for roleplayers and players who enjoy mini games, but a card game, as a main feature...really? I've read through many threads on the forums of players asking for things, and this is not one of them. I sincerely hope that this will be merely a side aspect of the game and not essential to obtaining good gear in game.

High Isle
    This chapter also seems like the bare minimum as there is nothing ground breaking here as well. They've stuck to their strengths in the designing of a couple of cool looking dungeons and a new trial. But I hope they've increased the difficulty in both, and then don't nerf it when players are crying about not being able to finish it first try. And there's a couple of new sets, of course...but at this point the game needs more than that now. It's been the same thing every new chapter for years and this one seems to have even less than previous ones. I'm hoping this is due to their work on performance. But I would have been happier if they had just forgone the new zone and rebalanced classes, skills, sets, etc. Or added a new class /skill line instead. The game needs a little more diversity now and thats what players have been asking for.
    Edited by Dem_kitkats1 on January 28, 2022 8:17PM
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi @ArchangelIsraphel. Thanks for noting this. We have updated the website to reflex this. This was an oversite and is being fixed now. Sorry for the wrong image.

ATTN: The current graphic of High Isle Collector's Edition items shows the incorrect image for one emote in the High Isle emote pack. The “Own the Throne” emote was in the Ayleid Crown Crate. The emote that will be in the CE is called "Elite Seat" - new screenshot coming soon.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NeeScrolls wrote: »
    uhh, that's not how things work actually.

ALL feedback (coherent feedback) is filtered & passed along by the Community Mods/Reps, on a priority basis.

I'm sorry but there is absolutely no proof that this actually happens, certainly not the priority basis. I'm sure someone on the Community team is aware of the widespread disappointment in the chapter but we have no idea if anyone else is aware.

I do think they are actively tracking sales and I'm sure someone with either authority or a powerful voice has seen or made comparisons of the chapter's first day sales to the first day sales in years past. If there is a meaningful decrease from prior years, then those sales numbers will be watched in the weeks ahead to see if it's just a time shift or a downward trend. There might be an assessment of the chapter's offerings if sales are notably behind prior years. We'll never know one way or another.

That being said, we need to consider the possibility that a huge chunk of the ZOS team has been temporarily reallocated to work on Starfield. Microsoft/Bethesda will not endanger that title and will do everything they can to deliver a viable and well-received product on its release date given its likely nine figure sales revenue expectations. The limited scale of changes in the Q1 DLC and the Q2 chapter certainly point to a smaller team working on things nowadays.
    Options
  • Buujah
    Buujah
    ✭✭✭
    Demo_22 wrote: »
    A rather disappointing year.

Can't have new classes or skill lines because of last gen RAM limits.

One thing I don't really understand is how is it a problem to add new skills for players, yet adding two new companions with new spells is fine.

good question - any technological profi can explain this?

I think the island is incredibly small, looks like less content than there is in glenumbra... that there is no new meele magicka weapon line is very frustrating - wait another year. I also think it's a pity that there is no adventure zone like craglorn... or the possibility of questing the new area in vet mode.
    the setting, story, trading card game is finel and I'm looking forward to another year in Tamriel :smile: but pls there has to be some huge improvements in 2023
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    I'm sure someone on the Community team is aware of the widespread disappointment in the chapter but we have no idea if anyone else is aware.

Widespread disappointment on forums that are chronically negative and posted on not just by active players but also many who haven't played in a long time.

I have heard a lot of positive feedback in game which I feel is much more representative of the playerbase.
    PCNA
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Just wanted to address two things here since @LonePirate mentioned these.
    1. We are reading the comments across the spectrum in this forum thread and compiling reports to send to internal teams within ZOS. We started this thread for a reason and that was to get feedback and questions. So that we can get answers and get those to players between now and launch of High Isle. We want this as an avenue to have stronger communication. So please use it to provide constructive feedback and general questions about the chapter. We are reading.
    2. Thank you to everyone who has provided constructive feedback so far. We appreciate you taking the time to do so.
    3. No one is being reallocated from working on ESO. Any other suggestion is just a baseless rumor.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on January 28, 2022 8:46PM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have mixed feelings about the reveal. From everything I've gathered about the game last year, I was lead to believe there would be no new skills/weapons/classes/systems, and I was fine with that. I thought that since none of those shiny new carrots were to appear, that the devs would put a lot more emphasis on story telling. I hope I'm wrong, but the reveal was very... lacking (for lack of a better word) on the story.

I loved the main story in Wrothgar. For me it was so well woven with (most) of the side quests and so impactful that it made me like the zone, even though the geography of the region is one of my least favorites. I loved the side quests in Morrowind - they were long and convoluted, with NPCs that caused guttural reactions. Maybe I'm too much of an optimist, but I'm hoping (still) that this year we get a story that cannot be completed in less than a week.

Since the technical side of the game is tied up rn with delays on hardware and rework of software, let the creative side of the game shine. Give us good stories, which we know you can do. Give us fantastical visuals, but give us a reason to go see them (good side quests).

I was on the fence when they first announced companions, but I've been using, and enjoying them. I'm a "timid" player who sometimes shies away from content for fear of failure. Companions gave me the confidence to try stuff out, and made me realize I wasn't as bad as I thought.
    I'm glad there will be new companions because it means there will be more content to play. I don't mind leveling them up.

I'm happy for Spanish speaking players and for the folks on PS who will finally get their trophies (I think it's called?) back.

I'm looking forward to the dungeons - they look very interesting - and the new trial. I was hoping for a new 4 man arena, but maybe it will still come in the 4th quarter.

I'm neutral about the mount and new assistant. I might, eventually, get the new assistant, but I don't see myself buying the new mount.

I don't want global achievements on my account. I understand that this is an MMO and there are other people playing at the same time. I wish there was some way to opt out of it, though.

As I said in the beginning of this post, I wasn't expecting any big news on the technical side, so it was a surprise to see them announce a new system in the form of a side game. I loath card games, but that's beside the point. I worry that other systems that were introduced before will fall by the wayside to focus on the new one*.

There are at least two duel arenas already in game - on in the base game, and one in Arteum. Why not flesh them out? If you feel the need to add a new system, work with assets already in game. Create organized duels, with a leader board. Give PvPers more (and new) ways to play - in the open world, no less. (If dueling around highly populated areas doesn't mess up with performance that much, I doubt getting organized duels in such out of the way places would be a problem)

There are at least 2 places I can think of that already have something that could become mini-games. In Skywatch there is a frog race, and there is a lizard race near Bergama. Once the side quest is completed in those, they could be used as repeatable quests where players get to bet on different frogs/lizards. A fully fleshed out system could be created by giving us the chance to capture and train our own animals.

*Is the focus going to shift away from (lets say) antiquities? Will the newest mythic/cool furnishing/cool-thing-I-really-want be tied to the card game?

Options
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    1. We are reading the comments across the spectrum in this forum thread and compiling reports to send to internal teams within ZOS. We started this thread for a reason and that was to get feedback and questions. So that we can get answers and get those to players between now and launch of High Isle. We want this as an avenue to have stronger communication. So please use it to provide constructive feedback and general questions about the chapter. We are reading.
    2. Thank you to everyone who has provided constructive feedback so far. We appreciate you taking the time to do so.
    3. No one is being reallocated from working on ESO. Any other suggestion is just a baseless rumor.

Thank you for letting us know all this, Kevin. I really appreciate this info! :)
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would just like to know if the card game is going to be optional (like antiquities is), or if one is "challenged" one has no choice but to play. My purchase of the chapter hinges entirely on the card game being optional.
    Options
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ArchangelIsraphel. Thanks for noting this. We have updated the website to reflex this. This was an oversite and is being fixed now. Sorry for the wrong image.

ATTN: The current graphic of High Isle Collector's Edition items shows the incorrect image for one emote in the High Isle emote pack. The “Own the Throne” emote was in the Ayleid Crown Crate. The emote that will be in the CE is called "Elite Seat" - new screenshot coming soon.

@ZOS_Kevin Thank you very much for looking into this for us, I was worried I'd wasted my crown gems, but now that I know there will be a new emote I can get excited for the goodies in the pack :)
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
    Options
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't understand why we should give constructive feedback when it is ignored. We have been asking for improvement to pvp for literally years and nothing is even addressed until someone questions it on you tube with a dev sitting right there.

I live in hope, but my wallet stays closed as there is nothing in this expansion for me.

I do not play card games especially ones outside the actual game.

I do not play with an annoying companion and I'll never take Mirri out of the box.

I worked hard to get Master Angler and was very proud of that title but titles are now meaningless.

And I love pvp but ball groups and Dark Convergence have ruined that. And I never got over all the really bad changes to armor with procs.

I will now spend what little time I have left on my sub figuring out if there is anything for me to do in this game going forward.

Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to address two things here since LonePirate mentioned these.

Thanks for the prompt answer! This type of clarification is helpful not just in terms of the info you provide, but also the assurance that the feedback will be read.

It's the difference between the team lurking as they read and a ZOS employee posting /lurk in a thread where they want us to know they are watching. If that makes sense?
    Options
  • stride067
    stride067
    Soul Shriven
    I cancelled my Plus subscription. I figure as far as ZOS is concerned that is the most effective feedback possible.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a great start, Kevin, I really appreciate this feedback the other way round.

We need more info about how the card game works - it is hard to really get a feeling for it without more information.
    Edited by Lysette on January 28, 2022 9:23PM
    Options
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forum Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls Online
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    12:13PM
    Staff Post

Does this mean that those that pre-purchased before the website image change are not getting what was advertised or will ZOS do the right PR thing and provide both emote packages to those who have already pre-purchased ? Afterall, how many eyes looked at the promotional material and signed off on it for publication only to have a player notice it within 24 hours ?
    An accidental error still comes across as a "bait and switch" if not honoured correctly.

Also, thanks for the feedback Kevin it's appreciated and hope remains eternal for some positive news over the controversial items being discussed :)
    Options