The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Feedback Thread For ESO 2022 Global Reveal- High Isle

• Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem is, ZoS seem to be promoting the card game as the main feature of the expansion. I too loved Gwent in The Witcher 3, but that was very much a side thing (and on second playthroughs onward I just turned the difficulty to the lowest because it got in the way).

If they are going to do that then they should have gone the whole hog and given us our own version of the Golden Saucer.

I'm not interested in playing other people, but I might have to if it's going to be one of the only ways a solo player is going to be able to get transmute stones. And I'll hate it. And FF14 is introducing the trust system for ARR main quest dungeons, so there is that as well.
    Edited by Hurbster on March 14, 2022 7:55AM
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ELawlis wrote: »
    At this point, it feels like ZOS/ESO didn’t have a plan for the game post Elsweyr, and are looking to keep it alive just for the super-casual player

I doubt it. Many of the super casuals are RPGers or into housing and individuality. This update encourages them to look elsewhere.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Palosanto
    Palosanto
    Soul Shriven
    Ok, so I ve been reading most of the comments here and guess what? Haven t seen 1 to be 100% positive, and less than 10 to actualy be positive about the game cards. [snip] There is a small chance tho for this GC to be something realy cool, but I highly doubt it. As for the new map and all, ya, it looks nice, the storyline might be realy good but if content is realy easy to do, I ll finish it in a weekend. So most ppl here wouldn t pay 40 bucks for a weekend gameplay, let s say 1 week, to be generous when u can buy a whole game to play for months with this money. For me at least, I don t care for the money but others do. I play ur game 90% for the housing system, it s something realy cool and relaxes me. I have finished all the zones questing, some stories were realy enjoyable but lacks this challangenig thing, so I feel no pleasure. For a high cp player, the main villans from the main story lines die to fast, I 1 ulti them, 2,3 hits, dead, so how about changing the combat system a bit, I mean If u want ppl to keep playing this game and have good sales with ur new content, changw some things that actualy players want, make a pool with the main things players want and choose 1 of them lol,it ain t that hard. I love this game from the first day I started playing and I would hate to see it die just because u have ppl innur stuff that comes up with amasing ideas such as card games

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 14, 2022 11:15AM
  • Abigail
    Abigail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't vote because none of the above.

I'm not "very excited," though I am looking forward to High Isle and have purchased the upgrade.

Can't get excited because with the good, ZOS always does the bad -- nerfing CP or Gear or Skills.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately, looking at ZOS' approach to e.g. antiquities system, the new card game will be:
    - grindy,
    - monetized (new better cards locked behind the future content or even sold separately in the CS),
    - easy and silly,
    - not at all tactical.

Combine it with the same formulaic content (6 delves, 6 WBs, a dolmen reskin) we have been given for years, with quests so easy that they are not engaging at all and appear as they were designed for children. What's to love? The zone's visuals might look cool but that's not enough, at least for me, to be hyped for and to buy this new chapter.

I'm not going to buy this expansion for the same reasons I didn't buy Blackwood.
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say that the next chapter is less impressive as previous chapters. With a card game as the big new feature. There is an interesting questline, but I doubt will have any effect on the game at large or the Three Banners War. On the plus side it looks like my Khajiit character will get a new companion.

And hopefully everyone will vote in the poll. Let Zenimax Online know.
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp, I'm currently unsubbed due to issues with Update 33, but I will say that the reveal had me excited for what was coming.

I'm one of those weird folks I guess who loves Blackwood. It's basically my favorite zone atm, as I love the smart design of the crafting area in Leyawiin, I find the forest to the north so peaceful, I adore the music, and I love smacking down the world bosses every minute when someone asked for help. I also found so much humor in the quest scripting - side quests mostly. I was often laughing out loud at some of the dialog (and in a good way). I also love the companions. I appreciate Bastian's company as I explore and farm and fight. I found the design of Fargrave to be almost breathtaking - truly beautifully done. I hate the Deadlands, but that's because it's a hellish landscape and I think you're supposed to? %)

I think the new (is)land looks cool. I'm hoping there's a sea battle somewhere, because that would be epic.

New companions - cool. Finally everyone can be happy little serial killers with the Khajiit companion without worrying what Bastian and Mirri think (I personally love that they don't like folks using the Blade of Woe as I'm not a fan of murder - go figure!)

Card game - fun! I do a bit of RP, so great, another reason to go into a tavern XD

Dungeons look cool. Have not tried them out because I haven't really been in the game and will shortly lose ESO+ completely.

AWA - seems to have borked the game, and reduced the desire for many to play on alts. Not everyone, some folks seem stoked. Would love to see that patched a bit, because the idea is cool. See everything you've done as a player - awesome. I'd like my characters not to be enmeshed with each other though.

I'm seeing some folks saying that devs just gave up after Elsweyr and I don't get that at all. Loved the storyline of Greymoor and the way it built on the Rivenspire storyline, and Verandis' personal story. Harrowstorms are a challenge. The Reach was an extremely vivid experience in my mind, and that moment to wrap it all up? Awesome. Loved Antiquities too - mythic items were a great addition to the game.

So I guess I am (was) one of the rare ones to be optimistic and excited. Patch some of that AWA stuff and I'll be optimistic and excited all over again.
  • Tiedän
    Tiedän
    ✭✭✭
    This is probably the first time I’ve had mixed feelings about a chapter reveal - I’ve been around for all of them.

Firstly, my positives - I’m totally on board with the setting/storyline that’s coming this year. I think it’s really cool that the Systres Archipelago is going to be the focus this year, and appreciate that it’s some place entirely new that we’ve yet to experience. The Bretons are long overdue for some love and I thought this was a very creative way to get some new content and additional lore in for them after the main game and Orsinium filled out all of High Rock.

That being said, I feel that there were a lot of missed opportunities with this chapter and it disappoints me a little... With this being way off the mainland of Tamriel I was fully expecting to see the reveal of ‘sailing mechanics’ as the next big system, especially with the tease of the whole pirate theme. Something like this would have certainly of expanded the total explorable area, especially if it allowed for us to explore the entire west coast of Tamriel and it’s surrounding islands with the Systres just being the focus - c’mon how awesome would that have been?! Also, the introduction of sailing/boat mechanics could have also introduced a new form of PVP with ‘Naval Combat’ which a good chunk of the player base would have enjoyed, especially with the current state of Cyrodiil.

One of my biggest concerns about this years chapter is the question of how big the total explorable area of the zone(s) in relation to the actual size of these islands that are depicted on the official maps... it’s going to be very hard and frankly unrealistic to squeeze the explorable area of a ‘chapter sized zone’ like Summerset or even Western Skyrim into a series of islands the size of Stros M’kai or Betnik…

Regarding the card game, I’m not against it as a new feature and think it actually adds another layer of leisurely activity that one can experience while playing ESO, I also like that it will reinvent how we leverage taverns. I do not however think this should have been THE headline feature of the new chapter…at the end of the day I guess we’re all just going to have to see how in-depth/complex this system actually is and what it contributes to the game as a whole before we can all form a proper opinion about it. It’s just that at face value it sounds very underwhelming for one of the highlights (if not the highlight) of the Chapter.
    "Battle-Born is a name out of legend, sung in the songs of old and heard in deeds of valor for a hundred generations. 'For Clan Battle-Born!' they cry in the mead halls. 'First into the fray and last to quit their ale!'" - Olfrid Battle-Born
    PC/Mac - NA
    Thian Battle-Born - Nord Stamina DK DPS
    Alynu Dreth - Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer DPS
    Reeh-Jah Nisar - Argonian Stamina Nightblade DPS
    Eraldil Riverrun - Bosmer Stamina Warden DPS
    Tsavani Khanai - Khajit Magicka Templar DPS
    Laila The Huntress - Nord Stamina DK Tank
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A amazing online friend got me the expansion!

Im so happy!

I hope both companions let me use the blade of woe or at least one, granted i love the breton women design.

Cards games are fun. Just hope the queues arent too long unless...i'm forced to be social to play...hopefully its a simple system.

The story not having a daedric prince focus is chefs kiss.

Hopefully the armor motifs are good.

I love pirates and stealth hopefully i can spend hours on the beaches exploring caves, destroyed boats and defeating monsters.

The only thing missing would be crystal weapon spammable being reworked to be a normal spammable like surprise attack.

Edited by francesinhalover on April 3, 2022 3:13AM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • soldierofzion82
    soldierofzion82
    ✭✭✭
    I’m looking forward to the story. I’m looking forward to NOT saving the word this year. I think if dialing things back a touch gives way to future improvements and other creative twists then so be it. I used to record weekly radio broadcasts so I know what changing gears can do to get fresh artistic juices flowing. It’s almost impossible in such a never abating consumer society to satisfy the bulk of the player base. It’s better to be true to the genre and the fans by showing that bit of patience which delivers in the long run. You guys know what you’re doing or you would’ve have been successful thus far. We believe in you.
  • JoStoic
    JoStoic
    ✭✭
    I think it would be awesome if the "new gameplay feature" that the next big update had was a massive overhaul to stability and bugs.

It sort of makes sense, whichever programmers work on new gameplay features, could all work on stability instead.