The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ZOS really needs to pick up the slack. People are ultra excited & wanting to switch to New World.

NylAR
NylAR
✭✭✭✭
New world seems to be a whole lot more polished so far than ESO and it's in beta. That's extremely alarming, since it makes ESO feel like it's stuck in Alpha right now and there's like 8 years of difference between the two titles. Devs are actively communicating with their playerbase in New World, updates are logical and sensical and breathe more life into the game with each release. I can't say the same about ESO in all its aspects. You, ZOS, need to start communicating and working on ESO more and listen to player feedback! Cause it's going to geta whole lot worse if you don't. Updates need to improve the game, not set it back.

Just look at player count dropping, everyone talks about it in guild chats + I'm noticing a new trend between ESO youtubers and streamers where they're all dropping ESO content for more New World beta content. Especially PvP.

Please don't let us down, ZOS. This game has the potential to be the best MMO out there if both you and us start to openly communicate and the time to do so is NOW! cause Amazon is breathing down your neck.
Edited by NylAR on July 24, 2021 1:09PM
  • Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hasn't Amazon Studios abandoned more games than it has brought to live?
  • NylAR
    NylAR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hasn't Amazon Studios abandoned more games than it has brought to live?

Even if, have you seen where New World currently stands, how it plays, what people say about it, what players of giant MMOs think about it? I really doubt that there's room for skepticism right now.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on what I've seen... it is a completely different game. One that's focused on PVP/Group PVE... one review I read stated it was worse than BDO.

Many players here are playing because of the ES lore, but also because it's a game focusing on solo content. I don't play because of lore or because of PVP or group content... I play because of the solo content. I don't believe it is a threat to ESO, if anything, it's a major threat to WOW and FFXIV.
    Edited by ADarklore on July 24, 2021 1:11PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • NylAR
    NylAR
    ✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Based on what I've seen... it is a completely different game. One that's focused on PVP/Group PVE... one review I read stated it was worse than BDO.

Many players here are playing because of the ES lore, but also because it's a game focusing on solo content. I don't play because of lore or because of PVP or group content... I play because of the solo content. I don't believe it is a threat to ESO, if anything, it's a major threat to WOW and FFXIV.

And that's why I see the game discussed daily in guild chats, right? Why I see my favourite ESO streamers streaming their beta daily, right? Why I see youtubers that focused on ESO, starting to upload daily videos of New World, right?

Yeah no... I think they've made some improvements if it used to be as you say, cause it's gaining a lot of traction right now, especially after their last major update.

I just hope it's all false alarm for now, but it really makes me worried.
    Edited by NylAR on July 24, 2021 1:14PM
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NylAR wrote: »
    ADarklore wrote: »

And that's why I see the game discussed daily in guild chats, right? Why I see my favourite ESO streamers streaming their beta daily, right? Why I see youtubers that focused on ESO, starting to upload daily videos of New World, right?

Yeah no... I think they've made some improvements if it used to be as you say, cause it's gaining a lot of traction right now.

It's gaining traction from people who prefer the PVP/Group Content aspect... so clearly ESO isn't designed for them in the first place. I'm not worried about ESO, and in fact if some of the players left here to go play that game, it would probably make ESO even better for many of us. No more constantly complaints in forums about PVP or 'too easy' group content.
    Edited by ADarklore on July 24, 2021 1:15PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it will draw ESO pvp players away. That will hurt ESO, but pvp is not the central focus of ESO and it hasn’t been since early in the game. The pvp in New World seems to be very good and the servers can handle large scale battles. Performance is the main thing holding back ESO pvp. This doesn’t seem to be fixable. So inevitably pvp focused players are going to move on when better options become available.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »
    I think it will draw ESO pvp players away. That will hurt ESO, but pvp is not the central focus of ESO and it hasn’t been since early in the game. The pvp in New World seems to be very good and the servers can handle large scale battles. Performance is the main thing holding back ESO pvp. This doesn’t seem to be fixable. So inevitably pvp focused players are going to move on when better options become available.

I don't believe it will hurt ESO as bad as people make it seem. In fact, ZOS could then shift any resources away from PVP and focus them on adding even more PVE content and QoL improvements. I am seriously doubting that a huge number of PVP players are ESO+ subscribers or spend money in the Crown Store... so while the player 'count' may decline, the $$ spent by remaining players would likely remain the same or improve.
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been mentioned before, but there are many who play eso because they love Tamriel and not because they love MMOs. Sure ESO can still use some work to appeal to all audiences, but it appeals to enough people that it doesn't matter how many people pop into New World as the flavor of the month MMO.

So many other MMOs that do their own thing exists and yet ESO is still here.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh look, yet another new MMO that’s going to “kill” ESO. (insert launch player sigh)

Wasn’t Wild Star supposed to have taken all the ESO players in 2016? Games come and go. ESO will sunset some day, but that day is not right now.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are ultra excited & wanting to switch to New World

Some people.

Personally, the only things I've seen about New World are the periodic panic and/or advertising post here, and once-in-awhile "Oh, look. New World still exists and/or is having problems" articles on game news sites. If there's widespread Ultra Excitement... haven't seen that much of it. /shrug

NylAR wrote: »
    New world seems to be a whole lot more polished so far than ESO and it's in beta. That's extremely alarming,

Why? Why is it "alarming"? New games come out, old games fade away, okay games linger on... just part of the game industry. Games come and go, players come and go. No biggie. And as long as you maintain a certain level of players, you can keep going for quite awhile. There's enough "ESO fans" and "TES fans" playing this game that folks dragged away by Latest Shiny won't make that huge an impact.

Also, "OMG, <Game X> will be a <Game Y> Killer!" has been a standard panic post on MMO forums since before WoW.

----
    Personally, I've got no interest in New World.
    -Most of the evangelizing I've seen on this forum has praised it's PvP... which is a style of gameplay I loathe, so... /shrug
    -I saw one, possibly older, gameplay vid. It didn't seem very compelling.
    -And "it's prettier!", while nice, isn't as important to me as it was, say, 20 years ago. Many games are Very Pretty these days. Just because one game is twice as pretty as another, doesn't make the second game No Longer Pretty.
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on July 24, 2021 1:30PM
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing beats the elder scrolls lore
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »

Basically this. It's going to hurt the pvpers more than it will ZOS. Cyrodiil won't be as populated and a majority of my friends have already claimed NW is the bomb and they won't be returning to ESO. I mean, I can't blame them tbh. 40ms ping, true open world pvp you can do while questing, balanced and solid combat. It's a pvpers dream come true.
    I'd be happy if ZOS just fixed the performance. I don't need all the other bells and whistles. I just need a stable experience. Though I guess it's hard to compete with an MMO that offers many servers in different locations over one big megaserver. They even have a server located in Australia so they won't have to deal with an average 300 ping.
  • Marillea
    Marillea
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, I still prefer ESO and have no intention of switching to New World. I got beta keys, and legit haven't managed to stay in game for longer than 2 hours because of bland and boring it is to me.

It seems also that a huge chunk of players, with youtubers aswell, are refunding the game, which surely isn't a good look.

Not bashing on anything, but both games most likely have/will have their reasons to be praised/frowned upon, it is up to the players to pick whichever game they enjoy the most.

I highly doubt New World is going to kill anything.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I totally understand if people like to try something new and play also other games, anyway there is a lot on the market and new games keep coming out. But for me, as a 15-years "hardcore" Elder Scrolls fan, other games are no incentive. I have no wish to try something else, love the Elder Scrolls universe and its lore, that´s it.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    true open world pvp you can do while questing

Oh, good god. No, never going anywhere near that game.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The hype will pass and then people will move away from New World.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You need to flag for it, so it's voluntary pvp.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voluntary pvp isn't a given - there are ALWAYS ways to force it on someone not flagged. Been there done that in both WoW and RIFT....
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Voluntary pvp isn't a given - there are ALWAYS ways to force it on someone not flagged. Been there done that in both WoW and RIFT....

Huh? you can't touch another player who isn't flagged for pvp. In WoW you're generally not even in the same instance, so you won't see it.
  • Spurius_Lucilius
    Spurius_Lucilius
    ✭✭✭

He didn’t mention unlike ESO you need to be flagged to PVP in that game. We don’t have that here in Cyrodiil.

Maybe someday ESO will have this kind of system in Cyrodiil or IC to appeal to you PVE crowds...
    PC NA Casual/PVP
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    unless new world has similar outfit customizaton (without flaps lol), a good housing system, and proper combat with combos then I'm not going anywhere.
    Aside from the obvious issues and frequent, poor handling of "balance" updates, my only beef with eso is the crap combat that leans on animation cancel...everything else is good imo
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are many ways for it to happen. I've seen all the traps and tricks and been victimized by them. Since it doesn't happen in ESO, that's all I care about. But it definitely does happen in open world games with flagged for pvp.
  • corrosivechains
    corrosivechains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all the hate people pretend to have for Jeff Bezos, they sure love supporting his products and giving him their money. Last I heard, ESO never had a problem with bricking people's graphics cards *shrugs*. Honestly though these topics crop up in every game forum, and for the past few years discord channels as well, whenever some "new and shiny" is released. Anyone remember that game Atlas?
    "Could you post me a link to the official MMO rule book please." - clayandaudrey_ESO
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least ESO doesnt brick gpus :smiley: And performance in both games is similar.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed.

Wow got rid of their “pvp” servers, and I keep seeing other mmos come out with exclusively “pvp” servers type gameplay.. Then after a month or two those mmos wonder why people stopped playing.
    Even fallout 76 has started putting the breaks on pvp servers due to a lack of participation.
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    true open world pvp you can do while questing, balanced and solid combat. It's a pvpers dream come true.
    have you ever played bdo? It has that great combat and open world pvp but it's more frustrating then fun...you're just minding your business killing swarms of mobs then outta nowhere a high level jerk just 1 shots you and there's nothing you can do to prevent it...plus you can't respawn on the spot.
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New games will always draw a lot of attention, doom and gloom, and so on.. I was excited about new world too, but the amount of open world PvP threw me off.. streamers leaving for new world.? Well they need to stay with new/popular things to keep the sheep glued to the screen.. I don't really see new world as an ESO killer
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all the hate people pretend to have for Jeff Bezos, they sure love supporting his products and giving him their money. Last I heard, ESO never had a problem with bricking people's graphics cards *shrugs*. Honestly though these topics crop up in every game forum, and for the past few years discord channels as well, whenever some "new and shiny" is released. Anyone remember that game Atlas?

The game didn't brick the GPU, it's a hardware fault. All NW did was expose the problems in an already faulty card, ie: the EVGA 3090
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amazing the callous attitude that PvEers have toward people who joined this game for PvP, especially from the beginning, but now can’t play because of ZOS’ inability to improve performance. I love PvP however I don’t take anything anything away from people who hate it.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    There are many ways for it to happen. I've seen all the traps and tricks and been victimized by them. Since it doesn't happen in ESO, that's all I care about. But it definitely does happen in open world games with flagged for pvp.

Indeed, for instance I recall occasions in past games where use of area spells by PvPers resulted in PvErs being caught up in them and then being attacked by guards.

As for New World, I've lost track of the number of new games that were going to be wonderful, balanced, and free of performance issues before everyone started actually playing them, and it was firstly going to be Wildstar that killed ESO, then it was going to be ArcheAge, then every WoW expansion, not to mention BDO and FFXIV, and so on. Meanwhile, poor old ESO has struggled on steadily gaining more players each and every year. Even when players have left ESO most of them have ended up coming back shortly afterwards. There isn't another game like it, and players tend to realise that when they try out other games. New World may attract some PvPers, but frankly that wouldn't worry me in the slightest. I can't see anyone else being attracted to it.
This discussion has been closed.