Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Feb 15 Cyrodiil Test Details

• biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I will have to change my Hat. :smiley:
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I will have to change my Hat. :smiley:

I would wait and see how things play out first.

If people think such sweeping changes are going to immediately work flawlessly and without bugs.... well, I applaud your positivity. There is no doubt in my mind that Cyro (and perhaps the entire servers) will be shut down for hotfixes to address unintended behaviors and scenarios. You know darn well once players find the loopholes, they will exploit them until they are taken away.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO MORE PROC CARRYIES! ohhhh the DK is coming out and off the shelf for this!
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Please revert the group changes too! We want our real Cyrodiil back!

Thanks.
  • osthyvel
    osthyvel
    ✭✭
    Update: We will be activating double AP during this upcoming test. To be clear, the only actions/activities that will result in double AP are capturing and defending Keeps, resources, and outposts, and killing/healing other player characters.

If y'all can activate double AP then how come we have to individually make sure our Pelinal scroll buff is active every 2 hours during MYM? smh @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Current GM of KNOW YOUR PLACE
    Former GM of TOXIC
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heyo gang!

Last year, we ran a series of tests on the Live PC megaservers in an effort to identify potential solutions for the ongoing performance issues in Cyrodiil (you can read the full details surrounding the reasons behind these tests in this forum post). Our previous rounds of testing in Cyrodiil last year concluded with some interesting data that pointed us towards various avenues to explore for both future tests and long term solutions. However, those tests did not provide a definitive “This will fix all the things” solutions. We did find that slowing down calculations on the server per combat action does indeed help with performance, but again, not to an appreciable amount where it could be a permanent solution; more tests are necessary to follow various branches of thought regarding server performance and combat calculations. As such, we will be performing at least 1 more test where we are affecting how much information is processed per combat action by limiting item set procs in Cyrodiil.

On February 15th, we will be disabling Item Set bonuses outside of pure stat gains. This means any item set which has a proc, or condition which is driven by an ability, will have that ability disabled. This includes Item Sets like Seducer, as that set reduces Magicka cost abilities by 10%. That reduction of cost is done via an ability, which has to check anytime you cast an ability if it’s cost should be reduced. Other sets, such as Hunding’s Rage, is completely unaffected by this change as it simply grants stats without requirements.

The full list of Sets which are not affected by this test are as follows:
    • Amber Plasm
    • Armor of the Trainee
    • Beekeeper’s Gear
    • Crafty Alfiq
    • Draugr Hulk
    • Endurance
    • Fortified Brass
    • Grace of the Ancients
    • Hunding’s Rage
    • Impregnable Armor
    • Law of Julianos
    • Leviathan
    • Mother’s Sorrow
    • Plague Doctor
    • Shacklebreaker
    • Spinner’s Garments
    • Spriggan’s Thorns
    • Willpower Agility
    At this time, we are planning for this test to run for at least 3 weeks, and will let everyone know when we have next steps locked in.

When this test begins on February 15, we will also be reverting a prior test where abilities cast on allies were restricted to group targets only. This adjustment gave no appreciable gains towards performance improvements, so this restriction will be removed until further notice and abilities which target/can be triggered by players outside of your group will once again function as they do outside of Cyrodiil.

We look forward to your feedback and seeing the effects of this test!

I'm glad at least something going on in this direction but...
    hope...maybe...one day...someone in team will understand that simple procsets (viper/caluurion/crymson/another same primitive garbage) SHOULD be much weaker than sets based on stats or complicated to use mechanics...
    the less skill required = less damage/healing etc... MUCH WEAKER. as a rule to fix and not repeat it again never...
    and...maybe...instead of testing...
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler u can simplify their mechanics already and to not create sets that produce many calculations in general...no?
    And put such things into the game very precisely with a lot of test back sometimes, only after eso goes smooth...

simple logic...no?

same with skills...
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on February 16, 2021 7:58PM
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • QuinnTheWolf
    QuinnTheWolf
    ✭✭✭
    i still hate pvp and i will forever

but even me, a pvp hater can see that this is the worst solution in the game

the test that stabilized cyrodill the best was the one with the groups being halved

i used that period to farm some ap for projects aswell as crystals

so imo the group cut test was the best
  • QuinnTheWolf
    QuinnTheWolf
    ✭✭✭
    i forgot to add up to it that its bad because it may get stable but playing pvp will be overly boring

i can understand the removal of prock sets like hunter's venom or the overly stacked relequen thing that somehow works in pvp

but others like most bossmasks? or spell power cure? or the many sets build speceficaly for pvp players such as powerfull assault or meritorious service? yeah it will take the fun away

i may hate pvp but that doesnt mean i dont pity those who have to suffer trough this mess
  • Faded
    Faded
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i forgot to add up to it that its bad because it may get stable but playing pvp will be overly boring

People who enjoy PVP aren't there to watch their armor do cool things. They won't be bored. Some specs will be heavily gimped because crutching on procs has been the bandaid on heavy nerfs and bad development choices. But they won't be bored.
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    Well pvp is feeling more engaging rt now in Graay Host open world. The extra solo healing is helping too
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    To answer some questions that have appeared throughout this thread:

What happens to the sets not on the list that are affected by the test?
    Any bonuses that are just stats will work, and you can still equip the items. This includes one-piece Monster sets if it just has stats such as Max Magicka, Max Stamina, Max Health, Penetration, Regen, etc.

Will the change to revert the current healing restrictions also go to console?
    Yes, though this won't occur until Update 29 launch next month.

Confirming that the following sets, which were called out throughout the thread, ARE affected by the test:
    • Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Robes of Alteration mastery
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

My 1 & 2 pc Mighty Chudan is working i tested it just now
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • Env_t
    Env_t
    ✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    Update: We will be activating double AP during this upcoming test. To be clear, the only actions/activities that will result in double AP are capturing and defending Keeps, resources, and outposts, and killing/healing other player characters.

The thunderous sound of thousands of wall repair kits being shoved back into Guild Banks

@Ghostbane repairing counted as player heal, so double ap too
  • ChrisXO
    ChrisXO
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about anyone else but I've crashed twice this morning and the lag is intense.

Loving the no-proc but maybe the lag is because healing was reverted... ;)
    - ad scrub -
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »
    So if healing outside of groups is possible; is it kind of pointless to keep groups capped at 12?

And does this mean other sets will not work at all? Or just their conditions? Like if I ran New Moon, its just the ability cost thats the condition?

if you run a proc set, the 5th passive won't work at all. Also- healing outside of groups was a thing for YEARS, this is just a return to it because keeping it contained gives too much power to ball groups, which are already a dominating feature in PvP.
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • protofeckless
    protofeckless
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Will jewellery traits be affected? For example Bloodthirsty
    Jewelry traits will not be affected during this test.

Aliyavana wrote: »
    Any chance that double AP will be active during this time to ensure that more people will participate in this test?
    Checking on this and will let you all know.
    Any news on double AP ?

Not yet. The challenge is the build is already in certification, so we're discussing if/how we can enable double XP for the test. Will let you all know as soon as we can.

I feel so sorry for ZoS at this point. It take a full build release to switch on 2x AP.

O. M. G.
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that very soon we will fight in underwear with bare hands)
    But what is all this for ..
    I see only 4 sets here that are somehow suitable in pvp(((

Julianos, mother's sorrow, spinner, spriggin, fortified brass, crafty alfiq, leviathan, hunding, and even willpower & endurance were already components of many pvp builds. Most of us only have to change one master set pice and one of our sets.

As for "what's all this for" that has been made abundantly clear. they are collecting data from various things that cause multiple server side calculation ticks in an effort to narrow down the heaviest load causers in order to come up with a comprehensive solution to cyrodiil lag beyond " we need new servers". We're getting those this year too, but if too many processes keep running unchecked then no amount of hardware is going to save us. This was the purpose of all the previous tests too. Hunting down the root causes of the lag.
    Edited by AyeshaBelladonna on February 15, 2021 5:11PM
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
  • PucMudDofuss
    PucMudDofuss
    ✭✭
    Can you kindly confirm if this will be strictly implemented in the Cyrodil servers and NOT Imperial City and Battleground PvP?

I have 14 characters I play in PvP all of which I have at least one build if not 2 or 3 for each utilizing very expensive gear, mostly gear that is clearly designed specifically for PvP such as those sold by the Tel Var merchants and sold in Cyrodil venders which if this will be the long term 'solution' will become worthless :(

At a rough estimate this is something like 20 million worth of lots of golded up gear, not to mention all the Tel Var and Crystals spend. Please tell me this is not just going down the drain, and I can at least look forward to some gameplay in Imperial City and Battlegrounds...

I get why you need to run these tests, and Cyro no doubt needs some serious attention. But really the way I see it the real problem is that a minority of people specifically build and play in a way to deliberately abuse these issues to cause massive lag. This is what you ought to focus your attention on investigating and adresing, not take a wrecking ball to ALL the proc sets.

Once you get this test done and you will eventually make some permanent changes, I really hope you be more selective in what sets you will disable / nerf / change. Coming up with new builds is for me a large part of the fun of PvP and cutting it down to so few viable sets would be really sad to see.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get why you need to run these tests, and Cyro no doubt needs some serious attention.

You'll be happy to learn that it's still laggy as hell..... especially when ball groups spamming Purge and Radiating Regen are nearby. That, coupled with the fact that ZOS is not going to get rid of one of their biggest selling points of DLCs and chapters (the latest and greatest proc sets) makes this simply a data gathering exercise, and not the long term solution to the chronic Cyrodiil performance issues.

• Poncho28
    Poncho28
    ✭✭✭
    Just to confirm, Rattlecage (20% spell damage, no proc) isn't allowed?

Thanks
    Poncho-Dovahkiin (Defilers of Molag Bal, Lost Souls of Tamriel, Foundations Start, Rebellious Spirit)
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poncho88 wrote: »
    Just to confirm, Rattlecage (20% spell damage, no proc) isn't allowed?

Thanks

Won't work in Cyro.
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i still hate pvp and i will forever

but even me, a pvp hater can see that this is the worst solution in the game

the test that stabilized cyrodill the best was the one with the groups being halved

i used that period to farm some ap for projects aswell as crystals

so imo the group cut test was the best

how can you say that was the best solution if you DO NOT PVP at all? it doesn't matter if groups are halved, they just run 2 12person groups. taking procs away 100% makes sense.

or when you pvp do you use procs so dont want to see them gone?
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    I get why you need to run these tests, and Cyro no doubt needs some serious attention.

You'll be happy to learn that it's still laggy as hell..... especially when ball groups spamming Purge and Radiating Regen are nearby. That, coupled with the fact that ZOS is not going to get rid of one of their biggest selling points of DLCs and chapters (the latest and greatest proc sets) makes this simply a data gathering exercise, and not the long term solution to the chronic Cyrodiil performance issues.

during the last round of testing when zos said it was aoe's causing the issue, people said "its the aoe spamming ballgroups!" that caused lag. Then Zos said there wasn't any significant improvements. Then they talked about cross healing and people said "its the heal spamming ballgroups!". Again, apparently that didnt make any changes (though I personally thought it was slightly better for a while). And now they talk about proc sets and people say the same thing.... Seems people dont even know what theyre talking about, theyre just going along with what they hear.

Last night before this test was enabled was the most unplayable I have seen cyro in quite a while. Even at midnight skills were not working, bar swap was not working, sprint had a delay etc etc and not ONE ballgroup was raiding at this time. So tell me how its the ballgroups, like really. Every time someone says its the ballgroups they just say whatever they have heard someone else say already. If we can have a gvg as a 12 man ballgroup vs another 12 man ballgroup at PRIME TIME in the middle of nowhere in cyro, then surely this 'ballgroups cause all of the lag' should mean that as 24 players in one place spamming rad regens etc we should be lagging to hell right? but no, this is when its the most playable for us. When we are not fighting with the 40 man faction stack zergs. Join any zerg fight during prime time, whether there is a ballgroup even running in cyro or not, the game becomes unplayable. Its faction stacking causing the most problems, when 2/3 of the server are in one place.

1 day into this 3 WEEK LONG test and the game is just as unplayable as it was before. Such a joke really, this game's pvp will 100% be dead in 1 or 2 more years. It gets worse and worse every year. They just cannot fix it.
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] Cyrodiil PvP is still there and still busy af. Otherwise we wouldn't have any issues with lag and faction stacks obviously. it's a flipping test to gather MORE data from an area they haven't checked yet. [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on February 16, 2021 4:15PM
    NA EP CP1200+

• Brovah
    Brovah
    ✭✭✭
    This is just another method to buy time until Microsoft will install servers.. Its not about the sets, healing etc etc... During the events there is just less lag because of the cap on the server is increased..

so its just until ZOS says.. ok we need more capacity.. maybe then stuff is fixed..
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brovah wrote: »
    This is just another method to buy time until Microsoft will install servers.. Its not about the sets, healing etc etc... During the events there is just less lag because of the cap on the server is increased..

ZOS stated on the live stream that they are getting new servers..... and that the new servers will NOT improve performance.

• Tazzoc
    Tazzoc
    ✭✭
    [snip] I had a thought that maybe they are doing the no proc test to see how many players return. [snip] Why 3 weeks? If my premise is accurate, they already know why the lag happens. Cyrodull was full poplocked on a Monday , just now. Mission accomplished or mission in progress? 3 weeks left to see who wins the proc argument for or against? [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on February 16, 2021 4:16PM
  • Raevin
    Raevin
    ✭✭✭
    Well... this test is a big nope. On PC EU in prime time lag is just as bad as last week.
    I main Magsorc and I was hoping that today after over an year I would be able to use streak or Frags in combat but no.

In some way I am thankful that ZOS is trying to find solutions for the poor performance but I wonder how long it will take them to just admit the servers they are currently using are just dying and no matter how many tests they insist on putting the player base through, things are not going to get better.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS stated on the live stream that they are getting new servers..... and that the new servers will NOT improve performance.
    Yeah, but earlier they said that patches will improve performance and they didn't, so when they say that new servers won't change anything, there is a chance that they will change everything :D

About tests - Cyrodill withouc procs is fun but lag is very terrible and of course I was logged out after long fight, just before taking a keep, so I lost a lot of AP and rage quit :D Still, double AP and vacation without procs are a nice change.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO MORE PROC CARRYIES! ohhhh the DK is coming out and off the shelf for this!

Weren't DKs like S tier this patch? Lmao...
  • PucMudDofuss
    PucMudDofuss
    ✭✭
    [snip] Cyrodiil PvP is still there and still busy af. Otherwise we wouldn't have any issues with lag and faction stacks obviously. it's a flipping test to gather MORE data from an area they haven't checked yet. [snip]

There is an alternative scenario that I think has yet to be explored. Not enough people willing to PvP on the PTS well how about they HIRE and PAY a test team instead of using their paying customers as guinea pigs on the live server?
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on February 16, 2021 4:17PM
This discussion has been closed.