Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Feb 15 Cyrodiil Test Details

• marke1
    marke1
    ✭✭✭
    Just want to clarify , are Mythics working or not ?
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip] Cyrodiil PvP is still there and still busy af. Otherwise we wouldn't have any issues with lag and faction stacks obviously. it's a flipping test to gather MORE data from an area they haven't checked yet. [snip]

population cap has been reduced over the years (apparently) and performance gets worse and worse every single year. If it keeps going the way it is now it WILL be dead. Everything they try doesn't work. Day 1 of test and performance is no better. So thats one more thing they can cross off. How many things can they try? Its really not looking hopeful :joy:
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on February 16, 2021 4:17PM
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    marke1 wrote: »
    Just want to clarify , are Mythics working or not ?

No.
  • Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭
    innate axiom?
    PC|EU
    cp2698
    20 characters
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elrond87 wrote: »
    innate axiom?

No.

What is it about these questions "does set x" work? There is a complete list of sets that do work on page 1, post 1. If your set is not on the list - it doesn't work.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is just bad went from running 85fps 110 lag to 56fps 326 lag just by logging in on an different day lol and skills still miss fire is badddddd sets being locked aint doing it sorry
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote="AyeshaBelladonna;c-7126660"[snip] Cyrodiil PvP is still there and still busy af. Otherwise we wouldn't have any issues with lag and faction stacks obviously. it's a flipping test to gather MORE data from an area they haven't checked yet. [snip]

There is an alternative scenario that I think has yet to be explored. Not enough people willing to PvP on the PTS well how about they HIRE and PAY a test team instead of using their paying customers as guinea pigs on the live server?[/quote]

And exactly how do you propose them affording a team large enough to actually put realistic load on the PTS??

you know why they went live with tests? Because they could not recreate the same load. period.

Players: Cyrodiil runs like $%&! do something about it!

ZOS: Ok we need you all to show up on the PTS so we can test some stuff to make good changes.

Players: "small handful show up"

ZOS: oooookaaaay.....guess we'll try and wing it for you.

Players: you never fix anything! you just make it worse!

ZOS: okay, lets try again!

Players: :small handful show up:

ZOS: .......... uh.... guys.... we can't load test without an actual load.....

Players: *crickets chirp*

ZOS: *wings it again*

Players: WAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!

ZOS: FINE.... we'll do this YOUR WAY THEN..... Live server tests are a go AND here's a bonus- we're getting new hardware!

Players: HOW DARE YOU TEST THINGS ON THE LIVE SERVER!!!

ZOS: :facepalm:

I mean, c'mon here lol. We want stuff fixed we have to supply real raw data. not anecdotal evidence, but data they can really measure on their side, under load. Hence all the diff tests. I'll say this again- They. Cannot. Fix. Servers. Without. Real. Data. To. Work. From. Servers themselves will be replaced this year but that does us no good if the code can't hold up.

They are not magicians, and they even came out and said " Hey folks, We KNOW we dropped the ball this last year. Bit off more than we could chew under the restrictions and difficulties of this pandemic. Sorry! We're gonna reduce what we all have going on this year so we can finish making good on our promises." and yet they are still being crucified for every little thing.
    Good Grief. IT'S A TEST. Either contributes to helping them run it or find something ELSE do do for a couple weeks. Either way, folks need to quit whining. This last year hasn't gone that smoothly for ANYONE, zos included!
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on February 16, 2021 4:19PM
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This thread is disheartening but ultimately serves as a strong personal reminder that sometimes technical tests involving games and code should not be openly shared to everyone. The sheer amount of redundant questions being posed here would make me pull my hair out if I were an employee at ZOS tasked with fielding them. I realize there are some nuanced situations that warrant specification or minor clarity but asking about things like "why doesnt chudan work" or "why does julianos work but not war maiden" should have just been ignored.

I appreciate that wheeler and co want to be transparent and clear in the test goals but in this case they really should have just said "hey, we are doing a test in cyrodil with a limited pool of usable sets, these are sets" end if discussion.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    innate axiom?

No.

What is it about these questions "does set x" work? There is a complete list of sets that do work on page 1, post 1. If your set is not on the list - it doesn't work.

This is not a true statement. There are outliers.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyro EU/PC gray host was great, havent been this good for years. We had a raid up of some 30 people and were in a number of huge fights on a locked server. Still skills went of as they should.
    Edited by LarsS on February 15, 2021 11:54PM
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    innate axiom?

No.

This is not a true statement. There are outliers.

List some.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    List some.

Nah. ZOS has historically turned a deaf ear towards issues that are important to me, and the majority of others. But they are happy to take my money to play their game. So, to be honest, I don't feel like I owe them a thing..... including doing their job for them without pay.

Somebody else can be "that guy." I'm not the one.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    List some.

Nah. ZOS has historically turned a deaf ear towards issues that are important to me, and the majority of others. But they are happy to take my money to play their game. So, to be honest, I don't feel like I owe them a thing..... including doing their job for them without pay.

no pix, no happen

I have to say today on several toons I didnt lag out once but I did have trouble with pots and bar swap still not working. Also some magsorc skills (although those could have been human error) and clusters of stamblade skills, not alwaysthe same one but at least one or 2 per rotation, did not go at all. This was independant of number of people. I had decent ping and frames and this was the same on EU and NA
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    List some.

Lol...

Please man... spare us. It's a 3 week test with a very specific restriction. No one is asking you to reveal problematic outliers that are negatively effecting the core game.
    Edited by exeeter702 on February 16, 2021 1:35AM
  • Pink_Pixie
    Pink_Pixie
    ✭✭✭
    Worst time to do tests, a few days before the campaign ends to get trolled by pve door, kinda kills any motivation to work to win a campaign for all that work to go down the drain. They should of waited for a new campaign to start before slapping us in the face with such tests.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    List some.

Lol...

Please man... spare us. It's a 3 week test with a very specific restriction. No one is asking you to reveal problematic outliers that are negatively effecting the core game.

Alternatively, if you identify something that gives people an unfair advantage (test scenario or not), and people actively use that information, it potentially makes them an exploiter, and subject to sanctions. I don't want to be responsible for that.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »
    Cyro EU/PC gray host was great, havent been this good for years. We had a raid up of some 30 people and were in a number of huge fights on a locked server. Still skills went of as they should.

Yeh your raid made people crash on the other side, skills unable to use. Maybe that's why your performance was better.

Edit: no I am not joking.
    Edited by caperb on February 16, 2021 5:56AM
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cyro Grayhost PC NA DC this evening, my experience-
    • Had some slow-walking during two of the big keep fights.
    • Had some lag, not bad lag, during one of the big keep fights.
    • My siege was never "busy"; it fired as it should.
    • I didn't disconnect and the game didn't stop responding.
    • I DID NOT DIE FROM ARMOR
    • The game play was enjoyable.
    • IF FELT LIKE A REAL GAME instead of Armor Wars.
    • I had a lot of fun. Thanks :)
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Hi Brian! Can the next test be that you change everything back to client side for a few weeks? Abilities, blocking, sprinting, line of sight etc.

Every test so far doesn't change anything, performance issues keep existing and in the past more issues were introduced when more calculations have been put server side instead of client. At least promise us that you will not move anything ever again to server side. :smile:
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • Bomber293
    Bomber293
    ✭✭✭

I mean, c'mon here lol. We want stuff fixed we have to supply real raw data.

Than they should annouce it ingame or something. I got pts up-to-date but i completley missed any testing done there. I got better thing to do than checking the forum every day or even multiple times a day just to see how i can help them.

If they want many to show up for a stress test than maybe they should ask many and not create a single forum post.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Between heals being back and double AP, this no proc test has been pretty fun so far. Still a bit of lag and several disconnects on Gray Host NA though.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • PucMudDofuss
    PucMudDofuss
    ✭✭
    Pink_Pixie wrote: »
    Worst time to do tests, a few days before the campaign ends to get trolled by pve door, kinda kills any motivation to work to win a campaign for all that work to go down the drain. They should of waited for a new campaign to start before slapping us in the face with such tests.

I couldn't agree more. In fact a lot of grief and unhappiness could have been avoided entirely if they would have just made a couple of separate servers one CP enabled one No-CP enabled server where they could run these test. Then people who are in favor of these changes and/or want to test them could do so while those of us that don't care to participate could keep playing as per usual. We have just seen them do just that during MYM so that is surely a possibility.

These additional test servers could have their own campaign with reward tier with double AP and maybe other bonus goodies as an encouragement for people to participate.

I keep hearing people say "its just three weeks come on just do something else if you don't want to join". It wouldn't have to be a take it or leave it situation if they had thought to do that.

Personally Cyro PvP even laggy as it is, is what I enjoy the most about this game and PvP really don't interest me much. Imagine how people would react if they ran a similar test on PvE and how that community would respond...

• PucMudDofuss
    PucMudDofuss
    ✭✭
    Oops a little typo there, I meant of course the PvE doesnt really interest me much...
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    There was slight latency for me when hammer popped at Roe but even then it did not go beyond 250 ms and some fps drop from 40 to 30 but then latter was rather related to my settings instead. Otherwise true, stable latency around 150 ms.

• LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    caperb wrote: »

Yeh your raid made people crash on the other side, skills unable to use. Maybe that's why your performance was better.

Edit: no I am not joking.

Guild raids have as much lag as anyone else.

But we do a few things to reduce lag, like running with a minimum amount of addons and advices people with bad connections or low spec computers to run on lower graphics settings. Still even those had much less lag than usual.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hexys wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Hi Brian! Can the next test be that you change everything back to client side for a few weeks? Abilities, blocking, sprinting, line of sight etc.

Every test so far doesn't change anything, performance issues keep existing and in the past more issues were introduced when more calculations have been put server side instead of client. At least promise us that you will not move anything ever again to server side. :smile:

Nothing left to move calculation wise😂 they moved the majority of it during u25. Because stadia...
  • Ulfson
    Ulfson
    ✭✭✭
    So to be clear, there is a test server that for whatever reasons will not give the Devs what they need to fix whatever they are tying to fix so we have live testing of new software dumped on us AGAIN.
    I need some help fixing my house will anyone pay me to fix it? I have easy payments and accept credit cards.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think you need to go back to no healing outside of group, but how about no heal stacking?

It's not the fact people CAN heal others outside their group. It's that 2+ full groups and zergs run right on top of each other spamming heals when I see lag, and the HOT stacking encourages that behavior

• Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »
    I dont think you need to go back to no healing outside of group, but how about no heal stacking?

It's not the fact people CAN heal others outside their group. It's that 2+ full groups and zergs run right on top of each other spamming heals when I see lag, and the HOT stacking encourages that behavior

Unfortunately the only way to reduce calculations from AoE heal spamming is cool downs. Someone spamming an AoE heal does not know who has it or who needs it so they keep spamming because smart targeting means they do not have to physically find the target themselves that needs the heal. They spam the heal and let it find who it does eventually finding the target they desire. Unless of course someone else's heal spam found them first. Cooldowns make it so individual spamming cannot occur.
  • Matthros
    Matthros
    ✭✭✭
    I played PC/NA Gray Host as EP last night and I had a huge blast.

Had some great big fights around the map and experienced some lag but most of my skills went off.

When I died it felt good to look at my death recaps and see just player skills or siege killing me.

We ran into a few ball groups but they were no longer un-killable.

It also felt good that when I did some healing that I was able to help out players not in my group to keep the fights going.
This discussion has been closed.