The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Was it ever confirmed if "tea-bagging" is against TOS now?

• BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Thanks for the clarification. However, I am afraid this will not help much. My daughter gets teabagged almost every time, and many evenings she quits because it ruins her fun in the game. If she had to report people, she probably had to report all evening, and this certainly is not how she would like to enjoy ESO.

Suggestion:
    Can the devs pls add a 15sec VICIOUS DEATH RUNE to each dead body
    which EXPLODES when someone teabags it?

Explanation:
    If an entire group can wipe because of just one disgusting teabagger,
    notorious teabaggers soon will be banned from groups - and the problems should solve itself.

Edited by BalticBlues on September 24, 2020 10:05AM
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We cannot regress to "potentially unwanted sexual attention is ok until they say no." You cannot consent for your players like that. "First ball-dip free" is not a competent sexual harassment policy.

Why some people see anything sexual in "teabagging"?.. :o And even sexual harrasment, seriously?
    Teabagging is done only to show disrespect to the enemy - not to show any affection, not to simulate any sexual action.
    I would never tbag somebody whom I respect.
    I just make it my mission to down them, and then use the Falkreath Frolic until they rez.

Ok, I've finially decided to buy this emote :D Very stylish, and much better than emotes from Vvardenfell bundle.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    Teabagging is done only to show disrespect to the enemy - not to show any affection, [...]

Well. PvE teabagging :p The only form of teabagging I practice, with guild members, that I appreciate very much, in trials xD
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a "kiss my butt" emote from the Morrowind collectors edition and a "kiss my butt with mistletoe" emote from the frost atronach crates. Use them instead. Problem solved. Can't see why Zos would put those emotes in the game and then punish anyone who uses them so it should be fine.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • novemberhhh
    novemberhhh
    ✭✭✭
    /pushups it is i suppose
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's hilarious when someone T-bags me in pvp. It's a great reason to T-Bag them when you kill them and rub their nose in it.

I am utterly amazed that people are so thin skinned that getting T-bagged in pvp ruins their evening. Honestly, if that causes you issues IRL you should seek professional help/treatment because your psychological health is not where it needs to be. It's the same thing with words. No word should be banned, its ridiculous and if you allow a word to affect your life, you have greater issues that need addressed for your own health.

It seems apparent to me that many folks missed out on the lesson "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."

The power in a word or gesture does not come from the person saying/giving it, it comes from the person receiving it.
    Edited by Raideen on September 24, 2020 3:08PM
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Thanks for the clarification. However, I am afraid this will not help much. My daughter gets teabagged almost every time, and many evenings she quits because it ruins her fun in the game. If she had to report people, she probably had to report all evening, and this certainly is not how she would like to enjoy ESO.

Suggestion:
    Can the devs pls add a 15sec VICIOUS DEATH RUNE to each dead body
    which EXPLODES when someone teabags it?

Explanation:
    If an entire group can wipe because of just one disgusting teabagger,
    notorious teabaggers soon will be banned from groups - and the problems should solve itself.

Teabagging sucks, but it's going to happen. It upsets me too but honestly I have no idea if I get teabagged these days because I keep my death recap up (blocks the screen) and just don't look at the screen in general when I die.

Not trying to dismiss her feelings or in any way say that teabagging is OK, but it greatly alleviates my distress to just not look at my screen when I die and just wanted to suggest that.
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As with many things in-game, context is very important. The act of standing and squatting over another NPC or character to teabag them can be considered a form of harassment which can be a violation of the Terms of Service (ToS). As with all forms of harassment, if a player asks you to stop a behavior, you need to stop. If you continue to teabag someone that asks you to stop, that is a violation of the ToS and may lead to your account being suspended or even permanently banned. Hope this helps clear things up

I understand this is the official rule, then. Fine, I'll accept it, since there's no choice in it.
    I merely find it sad that a simulated sexual assault is authorized as long as "it stop when the victim asks".

The first teabag, before the "no" is still always non-consensual, however.. that's worth mentionning
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    preevious wrote: »
    As with many things in-game, context is very important. The act of standing and squatting over another NPC or character to teabag them can be considered a form of harassment which can be a violation of the Terms of Service (ToS). As with all forms of harassment, if a player asks you to stop a behavior, you need to stop. If you continue to teabag someone that asks you to stop, that is a violation of the ToS and may lead to your account being suspended or even permanently banned. Hope this helps clear things up

I understand this is the official rule, then. Fine, I'll accept it, since there's no choice in it.
    I merely find it sad that a simulated sexual assault is authorized as long as "it stop when the victim asks".

The first teabag, before the "no" is still always non-consensual, however.. that's worth mentionning

So is killing in game. I have never once given consent for someone to kill me in game. Game is the key word.
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »

So is killing in game. I have never once given consent for someone to kill me in game. Game is the key word.

Loaded argument.
    1. You come PvP with the possibility of being killed (implicit consent). You don't come PvP with the possibility of being assaulted sexually (no consent).
    2. No victim of murder will re-live traumatic memory.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Loaded argument.
    1. You come PvP with the possibility of being killed (implicit consent). You don't come PvP with the possibility of being assaulted sexually (no consent).

Loaded argument.

1. There is no such thing as being assaulted sexually in pvp.
    2. Nope, they just cease to exist period and the entirety of their reach into the world, family and friends is affected.
    Edited by Raideen on September 24, 2020 3:57PM
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Loaded argument.

Loaded argument.

2. Nope, they just cease to exist period and the entirety of their reach into the world, family and friends is affected.

You make no point at all, sorry.
    1. Teabag IS a simulated sexual assault, wheter you want it or not.
    2. So, families of victims, who would be affected, don't come in PvP, since they know what to expect. The whole concept of "implicit consent" apply
    Edited by preevious on September 24, 2020 4:02PM
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In cyrodiil getting t bag a regular thing or is it just because I play nb 😭

Yeah I'm sorry man, as a general rule of thumb I teabag anyone who goes invisible during the fight.
  • FlipFlopFrog
    FlipFlopFrog
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's hilarious when someone T-bags me in pvp. It's a great reason to T-Bag them when you kill them and rub their nose in it.

I am utterly amazed that people are so thin skinned that getting T-bagged in pvp ruins their evening. Honestly, if that causes you issues IRL you should seek professional help/treatment because your psychological health is not where it needs to be. It's the same thing with words. No word should be banned, its ridiculous and if you allow a word to affect your life, you have greater issues that need addressed for your own health.

It seems apparent to me that many folks missed out on the lesson "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."

The power in a word or gesture does not come from the person saying/giving it, it comes from the person receiving it.

This 100%
    Also, how anyone can claim that my pixels crouching on your pixels in a video game is the equivalent of sexual assault is beyond me. Quite frankly that is incredibly disrespectful to people that have really been victims of sexual assault, all you are doing is trivialising something serious like that. Shame on you people.
    PC EU
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Loaded argument.

Loaded argument.

2. So, families of victims, who would be affected, don't come in PvP, since they know what to expect.

You made no point at all. This is a game, if something IN GAME affects you IRL, then it's probably best to seek help or hit the power button until you are no longer feeling anxious about the situation.

By your logic. I could claim sexual harassment when someone with the dutchess personality interacts with me. I find it offensive and sexually leading. /point emotes could also be seen as harassment. Someone speaking to me when I am in the middle of a conversation can be seen as harassment. Someone talking to me without my consent can be seen as harassment.

I am concerned about CV19, perhaps we should also social distance in game. Ensure players are always 6 simulated feet apart. I also want a "Consent" check box to allow someone to speak to me. I don't want random tells.

• preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Loaded argument.

Loaded argument.

2. So, families of victims, who would be affected, don't come in PvP, since they know what to expect.

You made no point at all. This is a game, if something IN GAME affects you IRL, then it's probably best to seek help or hit the power button until you are no longer feeling anxious about the situation.

By your logic. I could claim sexual harassment when someone with the dutchess personality interacts with me. I find it offensive and sexually leading. /point emotes could also be seen as harassment. Someone speaking to me when I am in the middle of a conversation can be seen as harassment. Someone talking to me without my consent can be seen as harassment.

I am concerned about CV19, perhaps we should also social distance in game. Ensure players are always 6 simulated feet apart. I also want a "Consent" check box to allow someone to speak to me. I don't want random tells.

No one in the history of internet has one part of an argument convinced the other it was wrong.
    I'll leave you to your opinion.
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We cannot regress to "potentially unwanted sexual attention is ok until they say no." You cannot consent for your players like that. "First ball-dip free" is not a competent sexual harassment policy.

Why some people see anything sexual in "teabagging"?.. :o And even sexual harrasment, seriously?
    Teabagging is done only to show disrespect to the enemy - not to show any affection, not to simulate any sexual action.
    I just make it my mission to down them, and then use the Falkreath Frolic until they rez.

Ok, I've finially decided to buy this emote :D Very stylish, and much better than emotes from Vvardenfell bundle.

It's just a matter of course for pvp and doesn't necessarily mean disrespect. I've been bagged after 1vXing a large group of noobs and killing most of them before dying, who then followed up asking me for build advice. I've also been bagged after a long fight with skilled players, who then immediately follow up with a whisper that it was a good fight. Just take it with a grain of salt, teabagging doesn't mean anything.
  • Fuzzybrick
    Fuzzybrick
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a teabag emote... That way if and when I ever teabag someone, I can do it with finess. Maybe different "flavors" of teabaging.. for example, we could have the "Salt Bae" style or we could have the straight up "Lester Beetlejuice" style. Pick your flavor.
    "A TROLL, HUH? WELL, THERE'S ONLY ONE SOLUTION FOR THAT, DESTROY ALL THE BRIDGES IN THE WORLD!"-- Uncle Grandpa

VR 16 Stamina Templar
    VR 16 Magicka Templar
    VR 16 Magicka NB
    VR 16 Stamina DK
    VR 16 Magicka DK
    VR 16 Stamina Sorc
    VR 16 Magicka Sorc

• Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Loaded argument.

Loaded argument.

No one in the history of internet has one part of an argument convinced the other it was wrong.

It's not an opinion. You can not expect a to have a free society and in the same breath ensure that everyone is "safe" from any and all types of prospective encounters. They are in practice almost mutually exclusive.
  • CBixby
    CBixby
    ✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote:

:D I don't tea-bag, I /flirt ;)
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Loaded argument.

Loaded argument.

It's not an opinion. You can not expect a to have a free society and in the same breath ensure that everyone is "safe" from any and all types of prospective encounters. They are in practice almost mutually exclusive.

First, it is an opinion.
    Second, don't throw "free society" around like that. You misuse it. We have rules and law to protect everyone. They do not make society "less" free. They make society civilized.
    Edited by preevious on September 24, 2020 4:24PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's just a matter of course for pvp and doesn't necessarily mean disrespect. I've been bagged after 1vXing a large group of noobs and killing most of them before dying, who then followed up asking me for build advice. I've also been bagged after a long fight with skilled players, who then immediately follow up with a whisper that it was a good fight. Just take it with a grain of salt, teabagging doesn't mean anything.

You're giving it meaning by doing it. Else, why even do it? No one does anything for no reason. Intent is there. So what is that intent? Usually derogatory.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Loaded argument.

Loaded argument.

First, it is an opinion.
    Second, don't throw "free society" around like that. You misuse it. We have rules and law to protect everyone. They do not make society "less" free.

1st, no it is not an opinion, its a very basic observable fact.
    2nd. I am not throwing "Free society" around. In your posts you assert that changes must be made, and punishment enacted against those who choose to emote in game. Its a GAME, this is an important distinction from real life. You are asserting that REAL LIFE actions should be made for something that happens IN A GAME. That is by its very definition Orwellian. It is in fact stripping away freedoms and its a very slippery slope. This is why the 1st amendment exists and why it is so important and why it must not be treaded on.

I can clearly see the path this leads down to, I am sorry you cant see it but this much I can tell you, it's not going to be rainbows and unicorns like you think it will be.
  • Fuzzybrick
    Fuzzybrick
    ✭✭✭
    If it's an issue, which I can't say for sure that I can agree that it is... Seeing as teabaging is a time honored tradition dating back to Roman days and Ultima online, perfected in the halls of Orgrimmar and passed on to us here in Tamriel. But if it's an issue, we could make it so when you die, you summon a Pegasus and ride off into the sunset.
    "A TROLL, HUH? WELL, THERE'S ONLY ONE SOLUTION FOR THAT, DESTROY ALL THE BRIDGES IN THE WORLD!"-- Uncle Grandpa

VR 16 Stamina Templar
    VR 16 Magicka Templar
    VR 16 Magicka NB
    VR 16 Stamina DK
    VR 16 Magicka DK
    VR 16 Stamina Sorc
    VR 16 Magicka Sorc

• CBixby
    CBixby
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure people tea-bag because forum threads like this exist lol.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CBixby wrote: »
    Pretty sure people tea-bag because forum threads like this exist lol.

Exactly. If people did not get so bent out of shape about getting t-bagged, then there would be little incentive for those who DO t-bag, which itself is designed to do nothing more than upset the other person (and has zero to do with "sexual harassment").

If someone who gets t-bagged gets upset, they give the person doing the t-bag exactly what they want.
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Loaded argument.

Loaded argument.

First, it is an opinion.
    Second, don't throw "free society" around like that. You misuse it. We have rules and law to protect everyone. They do not make society "less" free.

2nd. I am not throwing "Free society" around. In your posts you assert that changes must be made, and punishment enacted against those who choose to emote in game. Its a GAME, this is an important distinction from real life. You are asserting that REAL LIFE actions should be made for something that happens IN A GAME. That is by its very definition Orwellian. It is in fact stripping away freedoms and its a very slippery slope. This is why the 1st amendment exists and why it is so important and why it must not be treaded on.

I can clearly see the path this leads down to, I am sorry you cant see it but this much I can tell you, it's not going to be rainbows and unicorns like you think it will be.

No, this is an opinion, since we disagree and can debate it. Don't hide it behind anything else.
    Then, your second argument is invalid. There are already real life consequences (ban) for in game behaviors. (cheating). Do you imply cheating should be ok as well?

It's basically the same thing.

In the end, we are both opinionated.
    Your opinion is that teabagging is ok. Mine is that teabagging is not, and should be punished.
    Both opinions are valid and debatable.

• slicksteezin
    slicksteezin
    ✭✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    I recall a lot of people claiming it was but never really heard officially.

Only if you make eye contact.

People seem to forget that getting teabagged is a symbol of great respect in many cultures.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Loaded argument.

Loaded argument.

First, it is an opinion.

No, this is an opinion, since we disagree and can debate it. Don't hide it behind anything else.
    Then, your second argument is invalid. There are already real life consequences (ban) for in game behaviors. (cheating). Do you imply cheating should be ok as well?

Your opinion is that teabagging is ok. Mine is that teabagging is not, and should be punished.

1. Incorrect. Just because you argue out of a lack of understanding does not make it an opinion. Freedom and 100% safety from the world around you are IN FACT mutually exclusive. Does this mean we don't need laws or need to restrict people from certain things, absolutely not. But as with all things balance is the key. The issue I have is you are not advocating balance, you intend to push it to the opposite extreme, and that is where you lose all forms of freedom. So again, this is NOT an opinion, but a very easily observable fact.

2. How does someone "cheat" in game and get banned for it? There is no way to "cheat" in game, there are only ways to exploit. Exploits go against the intended game design and allow players to "skip" content for reward. This is not even REMOTELY the same or similar to t-bagging.

I love that you actually want to see players who are t-bagged punished. I really do, because you do not even see how that mindset, how your mindset is directly connected to the path that leads to 1984, which at the end of the day will affect you negatively in ways that FAR eclipse getting T-bagged in a game. WOW.
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Loaded argument.

Loaded argument.

First, it is an opinion.

1. Incorrect. Just because you argue out of a lack of understanding does not make it an opinion. Freedom and 100% safety from the world around you are IN FACT mutually exclusive. Does this mean we don't need laws or need to restrict people from certain things, absolutely not. But as with all things balance is the key. The issue I have is you are not advocating balance, you intend to push it to the opposite extreme, and that is where you lose all forms of freedom. So again, this is NOT an opinion, but a very easily observable fact.

2. How does someone "cheat" in game and get banned for it? There is no way to "cheat" in game, there are only ways to exploit. Exploits go against the intended game design and allow players to "skip" content for reward. This is not even REMOTELY the same or similar to t-bagging.

I love that you actually want to see players who are t-bagged punished. I really do, because you do not even see how that mindset, how your mindset is directly connected to the path that leads to 1984, which at the end of the day will affect you negatively in ways that FAR eclipse getting T-bagged in a game. WOW.

Too much out there.
    I quit.
    You win.
This discussion has been closed.