The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Was it ever confirmed if "tea-bagging" is against TOS now?

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is doing all of this? I play PvP everyday, and I rarely see anyone do this from any side. Maybe once or twice a month I'll see it, but I admit I don't do it nor look for it.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Who is doing all of this? I play PvP everyday, and I rarely see anyone do this from any side. Maybe once or twice a month I'll see it, but I admit I don't do it nor look for it.

Yeah, it's pretty rare. ESO has a community that's mostly adults and mostly mature, compassionate adults at that, even in the PvP community. Half the incidents that do exist aren't even out of malice, but between people that know each other who think some casual *** rubbing between consenting adults is fine. But there's still a small contingent of people doing it to harass others, and these are the subject of the day.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    guys guys...have you tried....zombie personality and then /eat3 on a corpse of a dead alliance member?????? lol your welcome
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't really take anyone seriously if they complain about teabagging players as "simulated sexual assault", right after they "simulated murdering you in some horribly painful way".

Boy had some of you been playing Halo back in the golden era of Halo....
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got chased by 10 EP on IC for like 10 minutes straight, one of them got cut of the group for a few seconds, killed him, t-bag him as the situation demanded and guess what? "i clipped the tbag and will report you, you will get ban".

Still on time to retract that statment Gina, that comment you made will hunt you for years to come, everytime someone gets t-bag and later don't see the ban go through, it will come to the forum and quote what you said.
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    guys guys...have you tried....zombie personality and then /eat3 on a corpse of a dead alliance member?????? lol your welcome

But what if you spread the zombie virus to them and then they rise again as a zombie?
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This does raise the question, in the fast-paced environment of PvP here in ESO, with no way to directly communicate with another player in Cyrodiil unless you can see their name to spell it in a whisper (provided they are the one that killed you and you have it in your death recap) or you can get close enough and have them hold still long enough to use the interaction menu, how exactly are we supposed to ask the person not to teabag us? Do we put it in /say, will that have enough range? Do we have to ask before we're killed as a part of combat? What if we give our toon the last name "No-teabagging-me", would that count as the request? And if we ask one member of a group not to teabag, and then the other people in the group do it in their stead, does that count as new instances of harassment that we must then enter in an entirely new first request to stop doing it? So many variables that need detailed in this "you must ask them to stop" scenario.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fuzzybrick wrote: »
    [Quoted post was removed]

1. That's a disgusting thing to say;
    2. The Trial of Vivec was a RP event on the Bethesda forums but has never, ever been addressed by canon by Bethesda, nor does it appear anywhere in the TES games. Nice try, but no;
    3. This is such a flimsy argument to begin with and a terrible analogy. Something that a fictional character does to another fictional character in a non-canon RP event or an in-universe book of sermons != one actual player teabagging another actual player. I don't believe that anyone who makes this straw man argument is daft enough to actually believe it.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on September 25, 2020 12:24PM
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    so it appears that tbagging, which evidently has some sort of sexual overtones, is ok, but any sort of sexual thing in your name is not. even the word sex is not allowed. well this is certainly interesting.
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. That's a disgusting thing to say;
    2. The Trial of Vivec was a RP event on the Bethesda forums but has never, ever been addressed by canon by Bethesda, nor does it appear anywhere in the TES games. Nice try, but no;
    3. This is such a flimsy argument to begin with and a terrible analogy. Something that a fictional character does to another fictional character in a non-canon RP event or an in-universe book of sermons != one actual player teabagging another actual player. I don't believe that anyone who makes this straw man argument is daft enough to actually believe it.

How exactly was that comment a strawman? While it wasnt much of an arguement, I wouldn't call it a strawman arguement. Its silly, but so are the people asking for teabagging to be an outright ban worthy offence.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on September 25, 2020 12:24PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its silly, but so are the people asking for teabagging to be an outright ban worthy offence

I'd like to see a "three strikes" approach.

Strike 1 - warning
    Strike 2 - temporary suspension
    Strike 3 - ban

PCNA
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I started a thread about this awhile back and 'TECHNICALLY' it is sort of a form of sexual harrasment but like... IDK it's only a problem if someone is getting crazy about it and also hate mailing you.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's unreal how many people chose to get offended my a character squatting their pixels near to their pixels but hey ***.

Suggestion - just Rez out?

Just curious is it teabagging ALONE that offends people? And thus the other Role Play emotes are ok? It the dustpan and brush or the multiple crown store emotes like the butt kiss etc. Or is it just specifically Tea Bagging that upsets?

Goufgang Kata for example does a preeeeety deep squat at one point.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found most t-baggers tend to be ones running with an entire zerg to down one person. Actually got some messages insinuating something sexual in a way to goad me from one after it took him an entire ball group to take me down.
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    It's unreal how many people chose to get offended my a character squatting their pixels near to their pixels but hey ***.

Suggestion - just Rez out?

Just curious is it teabagging ALONE that offends people? And thus the other Role Play emotes are ok? It the dustpan and brush or the multiple crown store emotes like the butt kiss etc. Or is it just specifically Tea Bagging that upsets?

Goufgang Kata for example does a preeeeety deep squat at one point.

it is not just the tea bagging or that it is sexual in nature, it has more of a back end meaning than that, so there can be 2 possible other meanings to this other than that, 1 is it translates to suck my ***** your *** you should not play the game, 2 that in if more than 1 teabagging you and this does happen, its meaning is we got you, you *** your an ***, this norm relates to when you solo more than 1 person and killed several of them before you died, the crown store stuff you reffer to can be a bit of tounge and check but depends on how you look at things, ie: flip the bird emote means *** you, i will let you infer what you mean by that, if zos is ok about the ganking, teabagging or other vulgar stuff, but rather than the person asking them to stop, if someone wants to teabag someone they should whisper them first to get permission makes more sense they whispering someone to stop
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just take it with a grain of salt, teabagging doesn't mean anything.

It DOES mean something, else people wouldn't do it.

I agree with you that it does not mean something bad for everybody. Many players use it as a code, far away from its original meaning (mimicking a sexual assault).
    But the both interpretations are actually disturbing. On one hand it means the original meaning, which you'll agree is disturbing, and on the other hand, it means that mimicking a sexual assault on someone is actually "nice".
    I believe these threads, although it's getting little bit too much these last days, are very useful in reminding people about the actual meaning of things (for those who've forgotten or never known). Trivializing a sexual assault in a video game isn't that much of a problem per se, but it inevitably leads to trivializing them in real life - which is a real problem.
    preevious wrote: »
    No one in the history of internet has one part of an argument convinced the other it was wrong.
    I'll leave you to your opinion.

I think you're wrong here. I for one have changed my mind or considered different views after debating with or simply listening to other people. Online, IRL... anything. Maybe not instantly, but ideas and points of view add up and make their way.
    And if you're not actually convincing your direct contradictor, you're offering your views to all readers and listeners.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on September 25, 2020 11:20AM
  • karliahquinn
    karliahquinn
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is, it's not really a matter of whether teabagging is offensive or not. Because it is AND it isn't- both are true. Teabagging is upsetting for some people, fact. Teabagging is also meaningless and a bit of fun for some people, also fact.

The real discussion imho is, are you the kind of person that knowing your actions are really upsetting some people willing to carry on because you don't care about those people? If the answer is no, don't teabag. If the answer is yes, no forum discussion is going to change your mind about it.

Safest thing is to just teabag your mates who you know don't give a crap, and don't teabag strangers. Unless you're in the latter camp of course, because then you don't care either way.
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it has never been sexual, can you explain what the name is referring to? What has the act of crouching up and down on someone's face got to do with teabags?

I get it. I do. I went to school at the time when calling anything perceived as bad or uncool, ‘gay’ started. I wasn’t homophonic, and had zero problems with gay people. If you had said to me at the time that using the term that way was homophobic, I would have argued black and blue that this wasn’t the case as I didn’t mean being gay was a bad thing, it was just a term being used to mean something uncool, and was in no way connected to homosexuality. It wasn’t until a couple years later, away from the height of it’s use that I realised that whilst I might not have meant it that way, using the term gay as a pejorative normalised the concept of gay = bad. And if the use of the word had northing to do with homosexuality, as I insisted, why were we using the word gay in the first place? There are many, many other words in the English language that could have been used instead.

So whilst you may not mean it as a sexual act, the fact that you use the same term, and the same physical location and movement of a sexual act, means that whether you like it or not, it is indeed connected to that sexual act of the same name. If it isn’t why use that name? Why not use a different term, just as you did in the quote above (crouched, squatted, dipped, etc.)?
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on September 25, 2020 6:46PM
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk what “Tea-Bagging” ppl are referring to? I am merely checking the dead enemy corpses for spoils or war and intel.... #playAsUwant
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on September 25, 2020 2:24PM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    My toons all RP as eunuchs so it's impossible for me to teabag, it's all pelvic muscle down there.
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just take it with a grain of salt, teabagging doesn't mean anything.

It DOES mean something, else people wouldn't do it.

I agree with you that it does not mean something bad for everybody. Many players use it as a code, far away from its original meaning (mimicking a sexual assault).
    But the both interpretations are actually disturbing. On one hand it means the original meaning, which you'll agree is disturbing, and on the other hand, it means that mimicking a sexual assault on someone is actually "nice".
    I believe these threads, although it's getting little bit too much these last days, are very useful in reminding people about the actual meaning of things (for those who've forgotten or never known). Trivializing a sexual assault in a video game isn't that much of a problem per se, but it inevitably leads to trivializing them in real life - which is a real problem.
    preevious wrote: »
    No one in the history of internet has one part of an argument convinced the other it was wrong.
    I'll leave you to your opinion.

I think you're wrong here. I for one have changed my mind or considered different views after debating with or simply listening to other people. Online, IRL... anything. Maybe not instantly, but ideas and points of view add up and make their way.
    And if you're not actually convincing your direct contradictor, you're offering your views to all readers and listeners.

By your logic, pvp itself leads to trivializing murder in real life. Let me remind you, murder is part of the literal gameplay of the game. Murder, assault, stealing etc are all part of the actual gameplay. All are crimes in real life. Murder is a much more severe crime than sexual assault.

This logic is silly.

Edited by PrayingSeraph on September 25, 2020 4:58PM
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. This thread. :# Well, while it rages on in a heated debate of everyone's own opinions and interpretations, at least we have had the official ZOS answer for days of this topic "Was it ever confirmed if "tea-bagging" is against TOS now?" :DB)

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    As with many things in-game, context is very important. The act of standing and squatting over another NPC or character to teabag them can be considered a form of harassment which can be a violation of the Terms of Service (ToS). As with all forms of harassment, if a player asks you to stop a behavior, you need to stop. If you continue to teabag someone that asks you to stop, that is a violation of the ToS and may lead to your account being suspended or even permanently banned. Hope this helps clear things up
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

By your logic, pvp itself leads to trivializing murder in real life. Let me remind you, murder is part of the literal gameplay of the game. Murder, assault, stealing etc are all part of the actual gameplay. All are crimes in real life. Murder is a much more severe crime than sexual assault.

This logic is silly.

Oh please, this has been discussed in extenso and ad nauseam already ! Please read the thread !!!
    The difference is that combat (killing characters) is part of gameplay and teabagging is not.

• PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This logic is silly.

Oh please, this has been discussed in extenso and ad nauseam already ! Please read the thread !!!
    The difference is that combat (killing characters) is part of gameplay and teabagging is not.

You say that its been discussed and yet you did not refute my claim. Saying "but its gameplay mechanics!" is utterly irrelevant. According to your logic, simulated murder, assault, thievery etc in the game lead to it being trivialized in real life. If anything, the fact the game actively *promotes* such crimes should be even worse in your eyes. Such criminal acts are actively *rewarded* in the game.

Edited by PrayingSeraph on September 25, 2020 5:41PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is, it's not really a matter of whether teabagging is offensive or not. Because it is AND it isn't- both are true. Teabagging is upsetting for some people, fact. Teabagging is also meaningless and a bit of fun for some people, also fact.

The real discussion imho is, are you the kind of person that knowing your actions are really upsetting some people willing to carry on because you don't care about those people? If the answer is no, don't teabag. If the answer is yes, no forum discussion is going to change your mind about it.

Safest thing is to just teabag your mates who you know don't give a crap, and don't teabag strangers. Unless you're in the latter camp of course, because then you don't care either way.

Kinda get your point @karliahquinn however it has a flaw. And that is that it assume people know that some have a massive hatred and fear of being tea bagged.

It's pretty normal behaviour in gaming, I've only learnt that in ESO as was not a massive online gamer before that. However personally think it's funny and harmless.

I would have had no idea of the offence it causes for some people, and neither would many others.

PvPers who Tea Bag are not all evil malicious monsters out to get people. Some will just do it and be obvious.

I'm with Gina that yep if you ask someone to stop something, whatever it is it's fair enough.

But it certainly feels people are A over sensitive to it and B this big PvE assumption that all PvPers are cold hard killers out to menace folks..
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • CBixby
    CBixby
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_KageW wrote: »
    Greetings,

We have removed quite a few posts and would like to remind everyone that Baiting is against the Forum's Community Rules, as stated below:
    Trolling or Baiting: The act of trolling is defined as something that is created for the intent to provoke conflict, shock others, or to elicit a strong negative or emotional reaction. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead. It is also not constructive or helpful to publicly call out others and accuse them of trolling, or call them a troll—please refrain from doing so. If you genuinely believe someone is trolling, please report the post or thread to the ESO Team, and leave it at that.
    Remember to keep the Community Rules in mind when posting or replying on the Forums.
    Beardimus wrote: »

Kinda get your point @karliahquinn however it has a flaw. And that is that it assume people know that some have a massive hatred and fear of being tea bagged.

It's pretty normal behaviour in gaming, I've only learnt that in ESO as was not a massive online gamer before that. However personally think it's funny and harmless.

I would have had no idea of the offence it causes for some people, and neither would many others.

PvPers who Tea Bag are not all evil malicious monsters out to get people. Some will just do it and be obvious.

I'm with Gina that yep if you ask someone to stop something, whatever it is it's fair enough.

But it certainly feels people are A over sensitive to it and B this big PvE assumption that all PvPers are cold hard killers out to menace folks..

I play with people who tea-bag as a strat. The majority of people who are tea bagged by my teammates put on blinders immediately after. They will throw away any and all logic in their gameplay and will do anything in their power to seek revenge. Which is exactly what the tea-bagger is looking for. They end up kill feeding.

Tea bagging has always been a norm to me as I've played a various amount of FPS, etc - I personally don't care for it - If someone put up an okay-ish fight, out of respect I will not tea-bag. However, if you attempt a bomb on my group and you utterly fail, I will tea-bag you as a 'haha', not an 'oh now I'm gonna put my blank in your mouth'.

I also wasn't aware so many people associate tea bagging with sexual assault? I've never even thought of it that way before. As a sexual assault survivor myself I would never put that together.

If you ask me to stop - fair enough, however, I have a feeling this will all blow up in ZOS's face as now they will have the trolls being the 'victims' and submitting reports about anyone and anything.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really easy to pick out the offenders in this thread.
    PCNA
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You say that its been discussed and yet you did not refute my claim.

I did in earlier posts. Not going to rewrite nor repost them. If you're interested in fighting and arguing, of course you won't read them no matter what. If you're interested in understanding someone else's point of view, you will find those posts and read them. It answers everything, including your last argumentation. You may or may not agree, but I'm not going all over this again.
    For all I care, you can teabag all you want. My opinion of you (which, again, you may or may not care about and that's okay either way) will be strongly impacted by the fact that you're a teabagger. The reasons why are in this thread. That's all, really.

• scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Showing up and reading updates to this thread like...
    giphy.gif

🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if I could interpret the animation of stabbing me from behind with a sword or dagger as a simulated sexual assault without my consent - ask them to stop - then report them if they don't. haha
    Edited by Jeremy on September 25, 2020 8:29PM
This discussion has been closed.