Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Was it ever confirmed if "tea-bagging" is against TOS now?

pauld1_ESO
pauld1_ESO
✭✭✭✭
I recall a lot of people claiming it was but never really heard officially.
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's next, profanity filter?! Oh, wait...
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's ridiculous that someone would report someone over that. Try laughing instead
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's not been any official ZOS comment, though there's always been language in the TOS and Code of Conduct that could cover it if ZOS wanted to discipline players for it. There were no clarifying comments in the recent threads about it.

If you believe it, there's a thread from 2015 saying players were disciplined for it, but there were some questions about the accuracy of that. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/206255/teabagging/

To the best of my knowledge, that's the only evidence we have, so if ZOS meant for the TOS language to cover teabagging, they ought to come out and say something. Because clearly not saying anything has allowed for a PVP environment where teabagging is commonplace to flourish since 2015.
    Edited by VaranisArano on September 23, 2020 1:39AM
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Griefing is also against the rules but PVP is just one giant griefing fest, especially during the pvp events so go figure.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    I recall a lot of people claiming it was but never really heard officially.

It shows a lack of maturity, but just ignore it.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does this mean I can't have a cup of Earl Grey?
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only if you do it to a streamer apparently.
  • Crash427
    Crash427
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    Only if you do it to a streamer apparently.

But not when they do it to other people, apparently
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It all depends on who does the investigating and what kind of mood they are in at that time. It also depends on who did the t-bag and who was the "victim", it might be funny or offensive. Such an action can be considered taunting, harassment, sexual offensive or any number of other insults. Unfortunately ZOS is not consistent in their own code of conduct.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's ridiculous that someone would report someone over that. Try laughing instead

I just make it my mission to down them, and then use the Falkreath Frolic until they rez.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's not been any official ZOS comment, though there's always been language in the TOS and Code of Conduct that could cover it if ZOS wanted to discipline players for it. There were no clarifying comments in the recent threads about it.

If you believe it, there's a thread from 2015 saying players were disciplined for it, but there were some questions about the accuracy of that. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/206255/teabagging/

To the best of my knowledge, that's the only evidence we have, so if ZOS meant for the TOS language to cover teabagging, they ought to come out and say something. Because clearly not saying anything has allowed for a PVP environment where teabagging is commonplace to flourish since 2015.

I actually remember playing through this, to be fair it did get to a point where the t bagging was pretty extreme (like every time you died and an entire zerg would take their time to t-bag you) and it definitely slowed down around the time of that thread. That was back when lollimage was running organized AD groups and no other faction stood a chance.
    Formally SirDopey, lost forum account during the great reset.....
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NoSoup wrote: »

I actually remember playing through this, to be fair it did get to a point where the t bagging was pretty extreme (like every time you died and an entire zerg would take their time to t-bag you) and it definitely slowed down around the time of that thread. That was back when lollimage was running organized AD groups and no other faction stood a chance.

If an entire Zerg has time to teabag, perhaps it is time to respawn quicker.

I never understood the problem with virtual characters trying to have their bags on you face. It's not like it's real, and i think it looks hilarious.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • BlackRaidho
    BlackRaidho
    ✭✭✭
    Every sneaky coward NB deserve a T-bag.
    Change my mind.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So we ran out of relevant problems again? Great.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have talked to Gina and here's their official statement on the new CoC and PvP

NOTABLE-01387.jpg
  • Fuzzybrick
    Fuzzybrick
    ✭✭✭
    It would be less of an issue if PVP wasn't limited to a zone. I'd like to see the 3 factions split to the point that if I went into an enemy faction I would be flagged. If it was world wide in eso it would be harder to grief someone... Or I should say, it would be harder to get away with griefing but that's half the fun. Best pvp memories for me were ghost running through stormwind on my warlock with 2 rogues and summoning my entire guild. Or that time I gnomish mind controlled that dwarven pally that was 30 levels higher than me was great too.... Oh different game...

But honestly, the purple faction should be crippled.

There isn't any faction loyalty... I want to love to hate my enemies again! FOR THE HORDE!
    Edited by Fuzzybrick on September 23, 2020 9:45AM
    "A TROLL, HUH? WELL, THERE'S ONLY ONE SOLUTION FOR THAT, DESTROY ALL THE BRIDGES IN THE WORLD!"-- Uncle Grandpa

VR 16 Stamina Templar
    VR 16 Magicka Templar
    VR 16 Magicka NB
    VR 16 Stamina DK
    VR 16 Magicka DK
    VR 16 Stamina Sorc
    VR 16 Magicka Sorc

• NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuzzybrick wrote: »
    It would be less of an issue if PVP wasn't limited to a zone. I'd like to see the 3 factions split to the point that if I went into an enemy faction I would be flagged. If it was world wide in eso it would be harder to grief someone... Or I should say, it would be harder to get away with griefing but that's half the fun. Best pvp memories for me were ghost running through stormwind on my warlock with 2 rogues and summoning my entire guild. Or that time I gnomish mind controlled that dwarven pally that was 30 levels higher than me was great too.... Oh different game...

There isn't any faction loyalty... I want to love to hate my enemies again! FOR THE HORDE!

This is not WoW. And such a change should definitely be optional, because a lot of people like doing content in all zones.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »
    I have talked to Gina and here's their official statement on the new CoC and PvP

NOTABLE-01387.jpg

Thank you!

Its great to get the acknowledgement that ZOS understands that players are going to die again and again in PVP without it being griefing.
    Edited by VaranisArano on September 23, 2020 10:46AM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gotta laugh at Gina's statement.
    Asking a teabagger to stop teabagging is the best way to ensure it continues and does it again and again because it basically translates into "you succeeded at upsetting me".

That being said, I understand ZOS' vague positioning. It's not their responsibility to make decent people out of teabaggers.

[snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on September 23, 2020 12:27PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gotta laugh at Gina's statement.
    Asking a teabagger to stop teabagging is the best way to ensure it continues and does it again and again because it basically translates into "you succeeded at upsetting me".

That being said, I understand ZOS' vague positioning. It's not their responsibility to make decent people out of teabaggers.

[snip]

In another sense, asking them to stop is the necessary step that takes it from "maybe in good fun" to "okay, that's discipline-worthy" when they don't stop.

It reminds me of trying to report something to HR. A lot of times, they want documentation of warning(s) about the problem behavior, so that the following escalation of the problem behavior is obviously problematic.

Yeah, it sucks that the burden is on the person reporting the problem to HR/ZOS because there's always the risk of bad escalation, but I can see from the HR/ZOS perspective that its always better to A) give the person a chance to stop the problem behavior on their own, and B.) have documentation that the person was warned, then escalated the problem behavior, thus making it a clear-cut matter for discipline.
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on September 23, 2020 12:28PM
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is good to see some official word on this.
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the pvp guild i play in, bagging is against the rules. They will kick from guild if someone does it while in the guild group. It's 'cause we are grown ups and fun people and realize that it would be pve if not for the players on the other factions. Respect, man.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as Gina wrote, it depends on the context.

This is very diplomatic, as you have to take in account factors beyond ZOS influence, like playing on xbox live.

Here is an example, where someone (different game) was banned not by the gamepublisher, but by Microsoft.

This confirms suggestions I had read before, that the best adress to report it, is not the ESO Support, but the xbox live support.

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/6xrvty/i_got_banned_for_teabagging/
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I actively encourage people to tea-bag me, but I insist they shower and shave first. Standards, people.... standards!
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fuzzybrick wrote: »

This is not WoW. And such a change should definitely be optional, because a lot of people like doing content in all zones.

How cool would that server be? I would be all over it.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pauwer wrote: »
    In the pvp guild i play in, bagging is against the rules. They will kick from guild if someone does it while in the guild group. It's 'cause we are grown ups and fun people and realize that it would be pve if not for the players on the other factions. Respect, man.

That's the right thing to do. I wish more guilds chose and implemented that policy. This sort of things is better and more efficiently / fairly managed at guild level than at ZOS level, imho.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip]
    On another note...I was honestly just curious because I was tea-bagged about a dozen times last night lol. For something that could get you banned a lot of people sure are still doing it!

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on September 23, 2020 12:26PM
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    I actively encourage people to tea-bag me, but I insist they shower and shave first. Standards, people.... standards!

Information nobody asked for. :tongue:
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In cyrodiil getting t bag a regular thing or is it just because I play nb 😭
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What, so if I teabag the other portal DD before rezzing them it shows a lack of maturity? D:
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
This discussion has been closed.