The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Was it ever confirmed if "tea-bagging" is against TOS now?

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still so much talking about something Gina already made pretty clear.

NOTABLE-01387.jpg
    As with many things in-game, context is very important. The act of standing and squatting over another NPC or character to teabag them can be considered a form of harassment which can be a violation of the Terms of Service (ToS). As with all forms of harassment, if a player asks you to stop a behavior, you need to stop. If you continue to teabag someone that asks you to stop, that is a violation of the ToS and may lead to your account being suspended or even permanently banned. Hope this helps clear things up
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People who claim that they are afraid to PvP just because they might be tbagged, would not start to PvP even if tbagging was prohibited. They will be offended by any other thing just the same. PvP is very social, but very aggressive playstyle at the same time. My favourite part is IC - there is so much social stuff going on :) Respectable enemies, random enemies, disrespectable enemies who get signs of my disrespect ;)

There is so many ways to taunt/show disrespect to player when they deserve it - tbagging is just the fastest and easiest way (can be done even in combat).
    There are also stylish emotes. I can even use slow walking... Extra gucci if I have "Heroic" personality equipped, walking over fallen enemy like a IC flag boss B)

People who regularly play PvP, have already explained many times what tbagging means in the game and why it's done. Gina carefully stated that it's acceptable, unless somebody politely asks to stop it. How many people will actually whisper to somebody in polite way, something like "please, stop teabagging me"?

Fellow PvP players, just keep playing like usually and showing respect/disrespect when deserved. We can't help people who choose to be offended and see "harrassment' in simple PvP action.
    Thread is pretty much over o:)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    People who claim that they are afraid to PvP just because they might be tbagged, would not start to PvP even if tbagging was prohibited. They will be offended by any other thing just the same. PvP is very social, but very aggressive playstyle at the same time. My favourite part is IC - there is so much social stuff going on :) Respectable enemies, random enemies, disrespectable enemies who get signs of my disrespect ;)

There is so many ways to taunt/show disrespect to player when they deserve it - tbagging is just the fastest and easiest way (can be done even in combat).
    There are also stylish emotes. I can even use slow walking... Extra gucci if I have "Heroic" personality equipped, walking over fallen enemy like a IC flag boss B)

People who regularly play PvP, have already explained many times what tbagging means in the game and why it's done. Gina carefully stated that it's acceptable, unless somebody politely asks to stop it. How many people will actually whisper to somebody in polite way, something like "please, stop teabagging me"?

Fellow PvP players, just keep playing like usually and showing respect/disrespect when deserved. We can't help people who choose to be offended and see "harrassment' in simple PvP action.

Meh, I don't think you need to be polite about asking. "Stop" is pretty hard to misinterpret, no matter what other wording accompanies it.

Of course, if someone is so impolite that they break the TOS themselves, you can both stop teabagging AND report them for TOS-breaking language.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why t-bag when we have a shovel emote? lol
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »

You can also choose not to disrespect fellow human beings. And as a fellow PVPer I can tell you, you are in the minority by choosing not to. ;)

Edited by esotoon on September 27, 2020 1:31PM
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have closed this thread as the discussion has devolved and is not progressing in a positive manner. Thank you for your understanding.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.