Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

antiquities furnishings why cant we sell them???

Salix_alba
Salix_alba
✭✭✭✭
s4tepd3nrv3j.png
so the antiquities lady said they don't care what we do with them after they have been examined so why cant we sell things from antiquities furnishings?

p.s. the lead for the mirror is dropping for me in lock boxes in reapers march
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, having the same issue. I have a whole army of Dutiful Guars by now surrounded by rows of Snow-Prince thrones. :lol: It's really annoying honestly, that neither the Leads nor the Furniture are tradeable.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Antiquities lady doesn't care, but ZOS would like people to pay for Gteymoor Chapter and spend time grinding Antiquities if they want the fancy new stuff.
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 9, 2020 9:21PM
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if your tired of having lots of the same item just ignore the lead, you dont have to collect them.
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    no you see I do that's what a compulsion is B)
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind, got a lot of houses. Will just put one in each.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Antiquities lady doesn't care, but ZOS would like people to pay for Gteymoor Chapter and spend time grinding Antiquities if they want the fancy new stuff.

Well then they could've made it so we could sell them to npc for gold, just like other treasures. :) Purple treasures cost 5k or something, so it wouldnt break the economy but people who dont want furnishings would still have an incentive to dig them up.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish you could deconstruct furnishing to get back the mats
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is my first day getting antiquities, but all of my were listed as treasures instead of furnishings. I only had a bunch of greens and one blue one.

Are only purple ones actual furnishings, or is it bugged on PS4?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is my first day getting antiquities, but all of my were listed as treasures instead of furnishings. I only had a bunch of greens and one blue one.

Are only purple ones actual furnishings, or is it bugged on PS4?

some of the items you scry for are for selling some are furnishings

the reg green items you can scry for by default are for selling almost always I belive
    and the blue items that you get leads for from finding the green items are for selling
    and once per zone the blue item will drop a purple lead for an item for sale worth like 5k or something

you will also discover leads from all over the game for doing almost anything that may be for furnishings, unique armor, even expensive items for sale and more.

now not all of the bonus items are just for selling. the new style mats for the ancient orc, elf, nord drop as well as the new enchanting stone for making tri-stat jewelry enchantments. And I have found 2 different kinds of 'stacks of leather' housing items.
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    mb02a9dtv1wr.png
    a few of the items you can scry for that are furnishings they come in all sizes the table these items sit on for example is from vvardenfel the 2 leather stacks on the left were actually bonus items and the 2 ivory tusks were probably from me fighting a mammoth or 2 on the way to find some of theses i forget
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am SO glad they're not sellable... some zones/methods of getting leads would be bled dry (dryer than they are right now... I'm thinking things like lock boxes, fishing holes in smaller zones, even mobs in some areas) by greedy profiteers. I like that we can only get them by ourselves, for ourselves.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am SO glad they're not sellable... some zones/methods of getting leads would be bled dry (dryer than they are right now... I'm thinking things like lock boxes, fishing holes in smaller zones, even mobs in some areas) by greedy profiteers. I like that we can only get them by ourselves, for ourselves.
    So... binding furniture is good because it adds a solution to the problem ZOS created in the first place? :tongue:
    That wouldn't be a problem at all if Leads weren't so low-drop-rate RNG coming from very few specific sources.

Some Leads come from multiple sources like the Knight sarcophagus from Stormhaven (Thieves Troves, Safeboxes, Public Dungeon bosses, dolmen, random Daedric enounters, etc). Those are fine, their only issue is us getting multiples when we don't really want them. So it would be nice to trade them to others who might really want and appreciate them.

On the other hand some Leads have very low drop rates and come from specific things only. Like the Alessia statue from BG bags, or the N/S Elsweyr Dragon Leads. Plenty of people who don't want the Antiquity or can't even use it since they don't have Greymoor will get the Lead, sometimes several times, while people who want it never see it drop due to RNG.

Making Leads tradeable would have been the best solution (people without Greymoor can't get the items since they can't use Leads), combined with a wider range of Lead sources to prevent overcrowding (unlike the genius idea of putting a Mythic Lead in Arteum fishing holes in one of the smallest zones with the smallest number of fishing holes rather than Auridon or Summerset).
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Making Leads tradeable would have been the best solution (people without Greymoor can't get the items since they can't use Leads), combined with a wider range of Lead sources to prevent overcrowding (unlike the genius idea of putting a Mythic Lead in Arteum fishing holes in one of the smallest zones with the smallest number of fishing holes rather than Auridon or Summerset).

I think that would need to be cautiously done to prevent too much farming no matter the range of lead sources. Leads for the most desirable items would be the ones to mostly get farmed and if they put out too many lead sources those items would be too easy to get.

In any case it's a bit early. We'll see next quarter who's doing what Antiquities, especially after everyone's gotten their Wild Hunt Ring, Malacath's, and Thrassian.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on June 11, 2020 11:07PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply, @Salix_alba :)

One suggestion I would make is to be able to give leads from your alts to your main character. There is no way I am going to grind through this long scrying/excavation on more than one toon. It’s much longer than the Psijic skill line.

Let me be able to give the PvP leads to my main because she doesn’t do that, she’s PvE build.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One suggestion I would make is to be able to give leads from your alts to your main character. There is no way I am going to grind through this long scrying/excavation on more than one toon. It’s much longer than the Psijic skill line.

Let me be able to give the PvP leads to my main because she doesn’t do that, she’s PvE build.

leads are account wide so if you find a lead on a alt your main (or the one who has done the skill ine) can scry for it.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Salix_alba wrote: »
    s4tepd3nrv3j.png
    so the antiquities lady said they don't care what we do with them after they have been examined so why cant we sell things from antiquities furnishings?

p.s. the lead for the mirror is dropping for me in lock boxes in reapers march

make a ceiling of them
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Khaleesi8688
    Khaleesi8688
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea this was the decision that ultimately made me decide not to purchase this chapter. Heaven forbid players have a new way to make gold since maps are now outrageous in price and it doesn't make sense to farm them for set pieces that might sell for a good amount.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    So... binding furniture is good because it adds a solution to the problem ZOS created in the first place? :tongue:
    That wouldn't be a problem at all if Leads weren't so low-drop-rate RNG coming from very few specific sources.

Some Leads come from multiple sources like the Knight sarcophagus from Stormhaven (Thieves Troves, Safeboxes, Public Dungeon bosses, dolmen, random Daedric enounters, etc). Those are fine, their only issue is us getting multiples when we don't really want them. So it would be nice to trade them to others who might really want and appreciate them.

On the other hand some Leads have very low drop rates and come from specific things only. Like the Alessia statue from BG bags, or the N/S Elsweyr Dragon Leads. Plenty of people who don't want the Antiquity or can't even use it since they don't have Greymoor will get the Lead, sometimes several times, while people who want it never see it drop due to RNG.

Oh trust me- I don't think it's an ideal solution, but since ZOS doesn't seem to be keen on fixing the issues that lead to the sort of greedy behavior that makes life for 95% of players more difficult, I think it's the better of two crap solutions. And by "crap" I don't mean that the OP's proposal is crap, just saying that the same people who wiped the market of treasure maps clean a few days before Greymoor launched would find ways to corner the antiquity market, resulting in prices skyrocketing.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kaisernick wrote: »

leads are account wide so if you find a lead on a alt your main (or the one who has done the skill ine) can scry for it.

Yes that does seem to be the case - I am pleasantly surprised! :smiley:
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭

For me it's the adventure of archeology. The thrill of the find. The items lose all value after I dig them up.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have enough seat of the snow prince to make a full patio set.
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^^ enough to make a theatre, socially, physically distanced of course
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    they are giving us a wash your hands emote we still need a surgical cloth face covering though
    Edited by Salix_alba on October 5, 2020 9:50AM
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish the antiquities were unique... getting multiples really diminishes them.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »
    I wish the antiquities were unique... getting multiples really diminishes them.

I like being able to put some of them in multiple houses, but getting 12 of one is a bit much.

Who knows maybe they can be used in some creative cobbles? I store them in the bank just in case.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been storing extras in the Ebonheart chateau for now I have 30+ homes ~10 of them aren't decorated yet and the ones that are could use some of the new antiquities but it moving things around gets a little hard to do with so many items. but not every home or design style will work with some of them.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antiquity furnishings are supposed to be a reward for doing the work so I don't agree with making them tradeable but we should be able to sell them to a merchant for coin. Say 2k for blue, 5k for purple and 10k for gold. Then it would be worth scrying that 50th seat of the snow prince.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem down the road will be leads are gonna be useless things because they will be for items that we already have many of and unless they are sellable to a merchant for decent gold they won't be worth doing. So to keep Antiquities relevant you pretty much need to make them sellable but not tradable.
    Edited by volkeswagon on November 26, 2020 1:08AM
  • Synthwavius
    Synthwavius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd want them to be harder to get and be more unique. We can already sell golden furnitures from writs.