The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

GM given Social Ban :(

SammiSakura
SammiSakura
✭✭✭✭
Hey there, I seem to have received a Social Ban sometime on Sunday 26th April. I can only presume this is for performing the usual Guild Admin (ranking, changing notes, sending mails) but it would be amazing is someone could pleeeease look at this for me, & perhaps let me know what action triggered it (I have looked into my mail addon & lengthened the delay time between messages which may help)

I am Gm of 3 Guilds, so this is seriously limiting my ability to keep things running as normal for my 1k+ members.
I do understand that staff must be stretched at this time, and I do hope all the best for you all, just frustrated that I can't properly provide for my guilds right now :)

Ticket number: 200426-006721

Thanks guys :)
@SammiSakura - EU Server - CP 1600+ - Here Since 14th October 2016
Visit my home at the Alinor Townhouse
Guildhall with All Set-Stations etc at Grand Psijic Villa

Guildmaster of The Forbidden Guilds (PC EU)
~ The Forbidden Cleavage (in Elden Root, Grahtwood)
~ Brave Cat Trade (in Alinor, Summerset)
~ Demonic Baanditos (PvE/Social Guild, in Markarth, The Reach)
PM @SammiSakura In-Game for Invites.

Curator & Middleman of Crown Black Market Crown Trading Discord
Click Here to Join & Start Trading Today!
My Characters!
* Samara Nevanni - Dunmer MagDK DD (PvE/P) (Master Crafter)
* Adriana Silvani - Altmer MagSorc DD (PvE)
* Tsanji-Ko - Khajiit StamDen DD (PvE)
* Waits-For-Darkness - Argonian MagPlar Healer (PvE)
* Lilith Valeine - Breton MagPlar DD (PvP)
* Luna Rosalie - Bosmer StamBlade DD (PvP)
* Mithrandir the Healer - Nord Magden Healer (PvE)
* Talia Scythe-Song - Redguard Necro Tank (PvE)
* Loki the Theif - Khajiit MagBlade (PvE)
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hi there! We can confirm that your ticket is in the right place and a member of our support team will reach out as soon as they can. Thank you for your patience!
    Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on April 28, 2020 1:24PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • sharkclanb16_ESO
    I am in the same position as are many others, many GM's have the ongoing battle of being banned from performing the simple daily tasks they need to do to manage their guilds, sending mails, welcoming new members, promoting/demoting etc

For reference my ticket number is 200428-004818

The 2 questions I have regarding this are:-

1. Do you no longer send out the automated response as both myself and previous GM's that have contacted me about this issue have not received a response from ZOS at all making it difficult to contact the correct person at ZOS.

2. As I am the person responsible for maintaining the addon "Shissu's Guild Tools", would it be possible for more of the common reasons for the social bans targeted at GM's to be made available so that such addons could be adjusted to reduce the amount of times this happens (extended delays between mails/welcome messages etc). It would both help reduce the overall workload for ZOS support and would be very helpful for the GM community.

As it stands any updates (for the upcoming game update) to the addons I write or manage are on hold until the social ban is lifted.

• SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi there! We can confirm that your ticket is in the right place and a member of our support team will reach out as soon as they can. Thank you for your patience!

I do really appreciate the reply, I'm sure you can understand my frustration in this matter, and just wanting to get this solved as quickly as possible

My Characters!
  • SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am in the same position as are many others, many GM's have the ongoing battle of being banned from performing the simple daily tasks they need to do to manage their guilds, sending mails, welcoming new members, promoting/demoting etc

For reference my ticket number is 200428-004818

The 2 questions I have regarding this are:-

1. Do you no longer send out the automated response as both myself and previous GM's that have contacted me about this issue have not received a response from ZOS at all making it difficult to contact the correct person at ZOS.

2. As I am the person responsible for maintaining the addon "Shissu's Guild Tools", would it be possible for more of the common reasons for the social bans targeted at GM's to be made available so that such addons could be adjusted to reduce the amount of times this happens (extended delays between mails/welcome messages etc). It would both help reduce the overall workload for ZOS support and would be very helpful for the GM community.

As it stands any updates (for the upcoming game update) to the addons I write or manage are on hold until the social ban is lifted.

damn my friend, sorry to hear that you got hit with it too. For a game they advertise so heavily on being community based, they don't half make it hard for Community Leaders (such as GMs) to actually go about managing all the people we are responsible for!

I haven't looked into my shissu settings or anything, but I did extend the delay time in my Godsend addon to 2400ms, in hopes that perhaps that will make it a bit easier on the algorithms? I also didn't get an email or in-game message about this, which I think is a major flaw on their part. If they are gonna hand out bans, people deserve to know why, and how to avoid it in the future, rather than just generic "don't send too much info/messages"...

My Characters!
  • sharkclanb16_ESO
    It would help if they would allow addon developers to help reduce such problems. I played around with the delays in shissu for mails but even on a huge delay between mails (10 seconds) it still caused issues for people so I think it my be related to chat messages or notifications this time.

A response from ZOS would be nice, we understand the current situation but even before covid I have had many guild members telling me the same story of no reply to tickets after long periods of time.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would help if they would allow addon developers to help reduce such problems. I played around with the delays in shissu for mails but even on a huge delay between mails (10 seconds) it still caused issues for people so I think it my be related to chat messages or notifications this time.

A response from ZOS would be nice, we understand the current situation but even before covid I have had many guild members telling me the same story of no reply to tickets after long periods of time.

This pandemic is certainly a convenient excuse for them. I am absolutely sure that things are worse right now, but when the pandemic is better, they will just be going back to the level of support they had before. The main difference will be that they can't blame the pandemic anymore. :neutral:

I just don't think CS is staffed anywhere near where they need to be for the level of response that people are expecting.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Adrikoth

Your social ban system is broken. You just get one (lifted by now...) and you do not receive any information about it until you realize in game your limitations.

Contacting the support will result in the social ban being removed after 1 to 2 weeks. Yet, you do not get a response on why you got that social ban in the first place. What is this? How should anyone know how to avoid that?
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This getting rideculous if GM's cant do their normal "job" without fear of bans. Introduce new tools for them to make things easier to manage.

Also, I would imagine that a customer would get a notification when banned and a reason why that happened. But apparently that is not a thing? Seems like a poor practise to me, especially if you get banned without a reason.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    daim wrote: »
    This getting rideculous if GM's cant do their normal "job" without fear of bans. Introduce new tools for them to make things easier to manage.

Also, I would imagine that a customer would get a notification when banned and a reason why that happened. But apparently that is not a thing? Seems like a poor practise to me, especially if you get banned without a reason.

Im sure me and all the other GMs would LOVE a built in mailer tool, perhaps thats only accessible if given permissions in guild ranks or something? Which enables gms and officers to send mails without fear of reprisal. its not like we are going to spam people, but we need to let members know things, and its not always possible in the very limited space in the motd, and not all members are on discord. mails are more likely to be seen for important updates.

i also have no idea why we dont get a mail or email about social bans. They send emails for permabans etc, i know that much "/

My Characters!
  • Calli_9
    Calli_9
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_BillE please help me too! I was once again placed on a social ban today. I am a GM and was sending out my weekly newsletter and was banned in the middle of mailing one. This is the 2nd time this has happened in about the last month. I'm not a bot and I'm not spamming anyone. Isn't there something that can be done to help GM's? We try to keep our guild members up to date with what's happening and we get banned. I agree with Sammi completely, we need something to help us. Sending individual mail to 500 people is very time consuming (like hours) and placing a ban on a GM for using an addon that is helpful is very unfair. In banning us, you make us unable to run our guilds, bid on a trader, use our guild banks or stores and help our guild members in any way, other than guild chat. I can't even do trials with my guild because I can't trade gear to those who need it :(((
    Thank you!

Ticket Number: 200503-008758
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Calli_9

Please check your inbox for an update on ticket 200503-008758.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, I seem to have received a Social Ban sometime on Sunday 26th April. I can only presume this is for performing the usual Guild Admin (ranking, changing notes, sending mails) but it would be amazing is someone could pleeeease look at this for me, & perhaps let me know what action triggered it (I have looked into my mail addon & lengthened the delay time between messages which may help)

I am Gm of 3 Guilds, so this is seriously limiting my ability to keep things running as normal for my 1k+ members.
    I do understand that staff must be stretched at this time, and I do hope all the best for you all, just frustrated that I can't properly provide for my guilds right now :)

Ticket number: 200426-006721

Thanks guys :)

I do see that a member of Zos is helping and I hope you get your situation settled.

I will point out, based on your post here, that it was likely you were using an addon to send out emails. If this is the case that addon was the culprit. There is at least one mail addon that has not been updated in a while and Zos reduced the frequency we can poll the severs last year.

On a separate note, good to see they removed the requirement that we can only be GM of one guild. I did not know that change had occurred.
  • SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE My social ban got lifted on Thursday, for which I was very grateful, but now I am banned again? Ive kept the same ticket open rather than send a new one, but what is going on? I've been sending guild mails for over a year with no issues, using the same addon i always have, and in fact, it now takes twice as long between each mail as I edited it. But now im banned again, just in time for the weekend and the trader swap. fantastic.

My Characters!
  • SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I do see that a member of Zos is helping and I hope you get your situation settled.

I will point out, based on your post here, that it was likely you were using an addon to send out emails. If this is the case that addon was the culprit. There is at least one mail addon that has not been updated in a while and Zos reduced the frequency we can poll the severs last year.

On a separate note, good to see they removed the requirement that we can only be GM of one guild. I did not know that change had occurred.

Yes I can imagine it was the addon, but it does make me wonder why, after using it for over a year, its suddenly triggering bans. No idea whats going on right now.

They didnt however remove the GM thingy. I have different accounts heading each guild, but all are run and owned by me

My Characters!
  • SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no replys, and nothing on my ticket. Now fast approaching the weekend and the trader swap. For a game that puts so much on community, the community leaders sure dont get looked after well "/

@ZOS_BillE any further word on this second social ban in a week?

My Characters!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @SammiSakura

Do you have a new ticket number for the second social ban you've recently received?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @SammiSakura

Do you have a new ticket number for the second social ban you've recently received?

No I didnt make a secondary ticket as its the same issue I guess, I updated the original ticket

My Characters!