Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

What Class is Missing from ESO

• justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neanderthal/Savage Class.

Release it next year in conjunction with a spear weapon skill line.

Passive bonuses to include increased levelling of crafting skill lines.

You're welcome.

👌
    Options
  • VocalThought
    VocalThought
    ✭✭✭
    I think most people would to have no dedicated class skills, like traditional TES, where as simply choosing certain abilities determines the class. I understood why they went the route they did with class with predetermined abilities. I think if they added two more classes wouldn't be a bad idea. I think they should also change the Sorcerer class name to something more fitting.
    Options
  • Arahallris
    Arahallris
    ✭✭✭
    Why add another class when you have Templar?

Templar.png

My vote is for battle-mage, sorcerers are cool but I would like a class that isn't pet dedicated in any way. That or something akin to an actual rogue, I've always played rogues but night-blades just don't feel that way to me.
    Options
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don't think people are thinking this out correctly. Barbarian, bard, and monk classes just feels like a "World" skill line (barbarian), a guild skill line (bard), and a new "weaponless" weapon skill line (monk).

A new class should be almost three magical like trees that have a common theme.

Here is an example;

(Note: I am not actually proposing this as a class.)

Class: Swashbuckler

Skill Lines;

Tempest: Heals and cleanses through rain based spells. With group magicka regeneration through lightning storms.

Aquamancer: Uses water to create AOE damage. And has AOE slowing effects with bogged/muddy ground. Perhaps can summon a wave to knock back/down opponents.

Pirate: Single target focused dirty tricks skill line. Stuns with a sap, etc. Uses various ropes to control opponents. Can quickly pull out a one handed sword for an unexpected melee blow.

•••

This all works with a variety of armor types and weapon skill trees.
    Edited by BlueRaven on April 11, 2020 3:30AM
    Options
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Battlemage and Spellsword.
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neanderthal/Savage Class.
    Warden is the nature class. Nightblade the bloody class. Both work well with a "savage" themed builds of varying flavors...
    I think they should also change the Sorcerer class name to something more fitting.
    Actually it is -very- fitting.
    Since traditionally "sorcerers" were mages that derived their power through pacts with supernatural entities... you know using dark magic to summon demons...
    Okay, so maybe it doesn't work too well for stamina builds - not like "Dragonknight" works all that well for magica builds, right? ;)
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    I still don't think people are thinking this out correctly. Barbarian, bard, and monk classes just feels like a "World" skill line (barbarian), a guild skill line (bard), and a new "weaponless" weapon skill line (monk).
    Exactly!

And I would have to say, I'd rather see more new skill lines in various ways I can pick up with my old and beloved characters to enjoy new experiences with, then another new class I'd have to make new alts for to play...
    ...but... been there, posted that:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/492733/class-specialization-idea/p1
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/371862/additional-weapon-skill-ideas-mk-ii/p1
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/387560/additional-guild-ideas-mk-ii
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/500530/worship-in-tamriel-ideas
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/442350/character-background-passives
    ;)
    Options
  • Q_Q
    Q_Q
    ✭✭✭
    Idc what class it is as long as it has 1/1 25% Lag 2/2 Immune to Combat Bug and 3/3 Skills Work in Cyrodiil passives under the Bugged Siege skill line.
    Options
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since traditionally "sorcerers" were mages that derived their power through pacts with supernatural entities... you know using dark magic to summon demons...

Fortune teller was the earliest meaning.

https://www.etymonline.com/word/sorcerer

Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »

Yeah, sorta... I mean, as the linked info says, the "Sorcerer" is the "conjurer of evil spirits" in the middle ages, the "Sortarius" is the "fortune-teller by lot" in the roman empire says. The word did change in between after all... ;)
    (Thanks BtW, I didn't know it stemmed from there! Always fun to learn something new!)
    Options
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not necessarily. I'd have no problem if they had a bard guild with some useful (or even non useful but rp) that when added to a bard class deepens the fantasy. But traditionally bards have been a hybrid class that mixes some physical and magical offenses and defenses with a bit of thievery. All to a soundtrack. They would just do the class as they have been of late this is you tank line this your healing and this dps. I think a nice place they could fit in is speed and regeneration support for groups and depending on how much importance you give maybe you have the way they approach personal combat is their foes are slowed while their attributes are drained over the numbers they hit. Again all with music.

I still believe in a guild also. Because there are some things you could introduce into game that you would want all character to have access to. Buffing with music being the simplest but who knows. But bards of both types could bring some interesting new things to the game. I'm not as certain for barbarians and monks. I could at least think of things you could do with monks not so much with barbarians but new and interesting stuff is always welcomed.
    Options
  • VocalThought
    VocalThought
    ✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »

Yeah, sorta... I mean, as the linked info says, the "Sorcerer" is the "conjurer of evil spirits" in the middle ages, the "Sortarius" is the "fortune-teller by lot" in the roman empire says. The word did change in between after all... ;)
    (Thanks BtW, I didn't know it stemmed from there! Always fun to learn something new!)

The reason I felt Sorcerer name should change is not because of the history of the name. It's because all classes caster spells, but Sorcerers are the only class that attracts people who want to be a spell caster. I think it's misleading to new players and they're maybe a more suitable name for the class. Sorcerers are very broad and traditional term, where Nightblade, the other Class from other TES games, has a name that suggests thievery, but doesn't deny the siphoning skills. Sorcerers pigeon holes people who want to cast spells to only their class skills and minimizes the ability to a warrior. Eldritch Summoner, or simply Summoner is a more fitting name then Sorcerer. All Summoners are Sorcerers, but not all Sorcerers are Summoners.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hm, summoner - wardens and necros summon as well - Nirn is a planet, where pretty much everyone is using magic in one form or another, mages should be the class dedicated to more complicated and more powerful spells. But then again, if I look at mage guilds, they are not far with this at all yet.
    Edited by Lysette on April 11, 2020 5:07PM
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason I felt Sorcerer name should change is not because of the history of the name. It's because all classes caster spells, but Sorcerers are the only class that attracts people who want to be a spell caster. I think it's misleading to new players...
    ...like "Dragonknight" and "Templar" is for people that want to be a warrior??? Or "Nightblade" for those looking at a rouge-like character?

Nah, don't really see any "misleading" here, so what if people who want to be spellcasters take Sorc as their default, and people who wanna be heavily armored warriors take DK or Templar, and people who wanna be backstabby assassins take NB... and then they learn a bit, and maybe go "pyromancer" magica DK and "thundersword" stamina sorc on their next character...

Either change ALL the names, or leave things as they are, not like in the six years since those names are flying around there weren't more then enough guides written for those who care to go and read them...

Yeah, it would have been better if they like I often mention had done things different from the start, and perhaps didn't do the classes in this way... but... you know... ship. sailed. sunk. long time.
    Options
  • VocalThought
    VocalThought
    ✭✭✭
    The reason I felt Sorcerer name should change is not because of the history of the name. It's because all classes caster spells, but Sorcerers are the only class that attracts people who want to be a spell caster. I think it's misleading to new players...
    ...like "Dragonknight" and "Templar" is for people that want to be a warrior??? Or "Nightblade" for those looking at a rouge-like character?

Nah, don't really see any "misleading" here, so what if people who want to be spellcasters take Sorc as their default, and people who wanna be heavily armored warriors take DK or Templar, and people who wanna be backstabby assassins take NB... and then they learn a bit, and maybe go "pyromancer" magica DK and "thundersword" stamina sorc on their next character...

Either change ALL the names, or leave things as they are, not like in the six years since those names are flying around there weren't more then enough guides written for those who care to go and read them...

Yeah, it would have been better if they like I often mention had done things different from the start, and perhaps didn't do the classes in this way... but... you know... ship. sailed. sunk. long time.

Totally understand. I was more s thinking with that name change it may lead to helping to iron out potential new classes were the concepts are easier to identify. I think a lot of us feel most of the ideas for new classes could be better suited as world or guild skill lines, but that doesn't mean that new classes still can't come. I like to think of what void in game play or mathematics is not being filled.
    Options
  • BRCOURTN
    BRCOURTN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I change my mind, I want a Dwarven mechanic as a class.
    Options
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merchant
    with an entire sub-skill of bardering and selling.
    Would be a completely different look in to game play. Commerce and trade.
    Options
  • BRCOURTN
    BRCOURTN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cladius30 wrote: »
    Merchant

Thats a really cool and unique idea. Make them not too great at combat and just able to get by or something.
    Options
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BRCOURTN wrote: »
    Merchant

Thats a really cool and unique idea. Make them not too great at combat and just able to get by or something.

the entire build would be around commerce. your majority of game play would be in major cities organizing caravans or setting up guild trades. unique quests involving those types of things aswell.
    Options
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The non class
    you start as a person
    and learn what class abilities you want to use
    Options
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightblade.
    Nightblade

I concur. Nightblades don't exist anymore. Shadow magic? more like boring and generic abilities that have no semblance to shadows or manipulation of shadows. Also the color red for some reason.
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BRCOURTN wrote: »
    Merchant

Not that unique, considering...
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/387560/additional-guild-ideas-mk-ii
    ...I had the idea for a merchant guild in there. :p;)

Though once again, it wouldn't be worth a class, but a build...
    The non class
    you start as a person
    and learn what class abilities you want to use
    Sadly, that particular ship has saied, been set on fire and sunk a loooong time ago.

Personally I would have preferred it that way. Build your character as a person, then hop into the tutorial... and in there get to make some either/or choices. Which power source will you pick? Aedric, Blood-magic, Daedric, Draconic, Nature or Necromancy? Which elemental affinity do you want? Fire, Shock, Ice, Stone, Light or Darkness? Mix and match as you like, and forget all about classes...
    ...sadly, the powers that be decided on a different path, and that is that. They won't rework their whole system at this point... maybe in some decades, when we get SAO/Matrix-style full-dive gaming and they re-release ESO for that...
    Options
  • VocalThought
    VocalThought
    ✭✭✭
    So based on many people's feedback, there's a request for a Bard, Battlemage, Spellsword and Dwemer Technician. Is this what people want next.
    Edited by VocalThought on April 16, 2020 11:25AM
    Options
  • IWinWithPewPew
    IWinWithPewPew
    ✭✭✭

Here is an example;

Skill Lines;

Tempest: Heals and cleanses through rain based spells. With group magicka regeneration through lightning storms.

Aquamancer: Uses water to create AOE damage. And has AOE slowing effects with bogged/muddy ground. Perhaps can summon a wave to knock back/down opponents.

Pirate: Single target focused dirty tricks skill line. Stuns with a sap, etc. Uses various ropes to control opponents. Can quickly pull out a one handed sword for an unexpected melee blow.

•••

Why can't a bard be a supportive type role (cleric). Who can group buff an entire team with his heavenly songs? I smell healer and support allover that.

Or why can't a bard shoot laser soundwaves out of his flute, lute, harp ? Empowering himself with diabolic tunes while debuffing his opnonnents.

Heck a bard could be like a puppeteer idc :p wwhy would you see it as a skill line? thats just wierd.

Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So based on many people's feedback these a request for a Bard, Battlemage, Spellsword and Dwemer Technician is what people want next.
    Actually I just counted the "peoples feedback" and the majority voices outnumbering the next count by five people posting was... "no new classes!" :joy:

But following that... yes, people would like to see "Bards" and "Battlemages" and "Monks" and even "Barbarians" or "Engineers" (Spellsword was later down the list) come to their ESO experience.
    Still...
    • "Bard" is more of a new guild skill line as it really doesn't have enough to it to be a proper class. Which could be added easily just like psijic was, so...
    • "Battlemage" actually would work pretty well as skill line too, better then as class, really - start as "mage" of some flavor, then train up to "battlemage"... I could see that working well! Might even become an "advanced training" option for mages guild advancement if they ever want to expand the guild skill lines...
    • "Monk" is still dependent on a "punch 'em!" weapon skill line and thus would not a class at all... but instead a -build- that could be done on any class (like I said, it does bring back memories of Mortal Kombat...) to fit the elder scrolls lore...
    • "Barbarians" is as we did establish in discussion more a build and style thing, tho people DO want a stamina-supplemental "warrior" skill line which totally should be a thing! As for "battlemage", it -could- be done either as new skill line, or as "master training" for the fighters guild...
    • and "Engineers" are a bit too lore iffy, since way too few people in the history of tamriel understand the dwemer tech well enough - and even the ones who have some understanding often have it blow up in their faces. Closest we got are the clockwork apostles and their master Sothra Sil, but... the former is a total NPC, and the latter don't really leave clockwork city, so there is that. I could see a "use dwemer gizmo" in other ways though... and rejoice, we DO have thouse ways with armor sets! Also, we -could- possibly at some point get some "archeologist" themed guild skill line that does indeed use ill-undestood gizmos as skills... with -one- of those being something dwemer (othrs could be ayleid, daedric, yokudan, atmoran, etc.)
    Options
  • Aendruu
    Aendruu
    ✭✭✭
    The reason I felt Sorcerer name should change is not because of the history of the name. It's because all classes caster spells, but Sorcerers are the only class that attracts people who want to be a spell caster. I think it's misleading to new players and they're maybe a more suitable name for the class. Sorcerers are very broad and traditional term, where Nightblade, the other Class from other TES games, has a name that suggests thievery, but doesn't deny the siphoning skills. Sorcerers pigeon holes people who want to cast spells to only their class skills and minimizes the ability to a warrior. Eldritch Summoner, or simply Summoner is a more fitting name then Sorcerer. All Summoners are Sorcerers, but not all Sorcerers are Summoners.
    As a new player I indeed chose Sorcerer, thinking it to be the only spell-caster class. However, I'd prefer to play a more classic Mage that isn't compelled to use the Daedric Summoning and Dark Magic skill lines of the Sorcerer e.g. the Mage class of Morrowind that studied the disciplines of Destruction and Alteration, rather than Conjuration; perhaps also Mysticism for the Psijic line.
    "So, drinking is a sacrament to Y'ffre... because it's his way of reminding us not to take things too seriously... You know how the other Elves are. Altmer have their crystal towers, and that's how they want to be — cold and perfect. And Dunmer are just like their Red Mountain — smouldering and dark. We just want to have a drink and not worry about it."
    - Regring the Spinner
    Options
  • VocalThought
    VocalThought
    ✭✭✭
    Rhypon wrote: »
    As a new player I indeed chose Sorcerer, thinking it to be the only spell-caster class. However, I'd prefer to play a more classic Mage that isn't compelled to use the Daedric Summoning and Dark Magic skill lines of the Sorcerer e.g. the Mage class of Morrowind that studied the disciplines of Destruction and Alteration, rather than Conjuration; perhaps also Mysticism for the Psijic line.

Do you feel that there is another class that better fits your initial interest, knowing what you know now?
    Options
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhypon wrote: »

Do you feel that there is another class that better fits your initial interest, knowing what you know now?

MagDk with psijic skilline fits well.
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [*] and "Engineers" are a bit too lore iffy, since way too few people in the history of tamriel understand the dwemer tech well enough - and even the ones who have some understanding often have it blow up in their faces. Closest we got are the clockwork apostles and their master Sothra Sil, but... the former is a total NPC, and the latter don't really leave clockwork city, so there is that. I could see a "use dwemer gizmo" in other ways though... and rejoice, we DO have thouse ways with armor sets! Also, we -could- possibly at some point get some "archeologist" themed guild skill line that does indeed use ill-undestood gizmos as skills... with -one- of those being something dwemer (othrs could be ayleid, daedric, yokudan, atmoran, etc.)
    [/list]

You start saying how it isn't lore friendly, then basically (and correctly) undermine your own point by explaining how we already a have a full DLC and trial based on Sotha Sil contraptions, a bunch of dwemer sets (Engine Guardian, Sentinel etc.) players already use and mechanical bear mounts.

Whatever adherence to lore you claim, has already been shattered by ESO long, long, LONG ago. You could be summoning mechanical dragons for your ults and it wouldn't be out of step or lore with what ESO has done so far. [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on April 16, 2020 2:14PM
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina sorcerer😊
    Options
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is an example;

Skill Lines;

•••

Why can't a bard be a supportive type role (cleric). Who can group buff an entire team with his heavenly songs? I smell healer and support allover that.

Or why can't a bard shoot laser soundwaves out of his flute, lute, harp ? Empowering himself with diabolic tunes while debuffing his opnonnents.

Heck a bard could be like a puppeteer idc :p wwhy would you see it as a skill line? thats just wierd.

It sounds like you want the Elder Scrolls equivalent of a Warhammer 40k noise marine.

maxresdefault.jpg

Look it seems like you have your heart set on this so I am not going to go deep into why this is probably not going to happen.

1) We have all seen the future of Nirn and somehow bards not only lose all of these abilities, there is no lore stating they ever had it. That’s the problem, we have seen bards in Skyrim, and they are nothing like this.

2) So in the middle of a fight using say a two handed sword and wearing plate. A combatant puts his sword away quick to bust out a one second tune on say a lute? Or are you asking to add new weapon skill lines of lutes, flutes, and drums?
    Options