The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What Class is Missing from ESO

VocalThought
VocalThought
✭✭✭
I'll know there's a lot of classes in the other Elder Scroll games, but it seems like ESO did s great job squeezing all the previous game classes into the original four and then adding the 2 new classes that fit in lore, but never were never part of the previous game classes. In fact, only the Soccerer and Nightblade were actual classes and they even manage to combine abilities that were associated with other classes or independent of classes. So what's missing and what do you want to come?
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battle mage and monks.
  • VocalThought
    VocalThought
    ✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    Battle mage and monks. [/quote

How would Battlemage and Monk be different from the other classes. I think every class right now could be considered a Battle Mage and Monk seems like they could fit under Templar.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bard!
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • VocalThought
    VocalThought
    ✭✭✭
    Bard!

I thought Bard was covered under Nightblades or Warden. How do you see them differently?
  • VocalThought
    VocalThought
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade

Nightblade is in the game, unless you have another rendition?
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    Battle mage and monks. [/quote

How would Battlemage and Monk be different from the other classes. I think every class right now could be considered a Battle Mage and Monk seems like they could fit under Templar.

A true battlemage class needs one handed and sword weapon to use. The class would be a melee or very short range caster. So it can’t hide outside too much aoe’s like the other caster classes. It would need more skill to play like melee dps.

Monk would use fist animations for melee. Magicka monk could have a scholarly look to its abilities we lack right now. True monk class needs fist weapon line.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know.... there are a LOT of them!!! Thing is ESO already encompasses more classes than you realize. I mean take a look at all the classes in Oblivion.

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Classes_(Oblivion)

Our current classes already cover a lot of them included weapon and guild skill lines.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bard!

I thought Bard was covered under Nightblades or Warden. How do you see them differently?

Bards are a form of support class, specifically using music or arts to offer buffs or general support including healing to the group, they would wield an instrument instead of a staff.
    Nightblades are more into the stealth and assassination were as Wardens are more into Nature magic, animal summons and for some reason in this game, frost magic.
    A Bard would be a wonder-full addition to the game. Also, lets not forget there is a Bards college in Solitude in Skyrim.

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battle Mage. Stamina based Spells, more magical than a Stam Sorc.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pale Master
    Flayerspawn Psychic
    Ocular Adept
    Edited by Mindcr0w on April 3, 2020 10:53PM
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battlemage
    Witchhunter
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thematically looking at other elder scrolls game's classes what theme is a bit missing is a type of agent/acrobat/swashbuckler light hearted scoundrel...something that could be filled by the bard

yes we have the nightblade but its more of a darker assassin type theme not really someone that solves problems through a combination of speech, tricks, charm etc....
  • VocalThought
    VocalThought
    ✭✭✭
    Bard!

Bards are a form of support class, specifically using music or arts to offer buffs or general support including healing to the group, they would wield an instrument instead of a staff.
    Nightblades are more into the stealth and assassination were as Wardens are more into Nature magic, animal summons and for some reason in this game, frost magic.
    A Bard would be a wonder-full addition to the game. Also, lets not forget there is a Bards college in Solitude in Skyrim.

I wonder what types of skills would they have. I don't know why, but I imagine something similar to psijic.
  • VocalThought
    VocalThought
    ✭✭✭
    thematically looking at other elder scrolls game's classes what theme is a bit missing is a type of agent/acrobat/swashbuckler light hearted scoundrel...something that could be filled by the bard

yes we have the nightblade but its more of a darker assassin type theme not really someone that solves problems through a combination of speech, tricks, charm etc....

Thanks for being more descriptive. Helps me visualize what your talking about. That seems more weapon based, unless there's class skills that would make them Worthly opponents. I'm trying to think of something they would be able to do in combat.
  • tuxon
    tuxon
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are all the same :/
    Resdayniil kan tarcel
  • VividMind
    VividMind
    ✭✭✭
    monk,battlemage should be added i think lol they're the top best
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Battle Mage. Stamina based Spells, more magical than a Stam Sorc.

"Stamina" based spells?

You know stamina is meant to represent the effort to swing a sword or run around right?
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current status of Nightblade as a class:
    source.gif
    tenor.gif
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barbarian
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KUNG FU MOTHERF****** PANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Squidgaurd
    Squidgaurd
    ✭✭✭
    all of the classes add are based off of the ingame adds. so going off of that logic the champion mob from morrowind is probably next.
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current status of Nightblade as a class:
    source.gif
    tenor.gif

Didn't your moms tell you that if you vanish to many times you might actually vanish for good?
  • eyeseezombiesub17_ESO
    None. Perhaps skill lines could be added like the DB and Psijic but no more classes.
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade is definitely missing from the game. What we have now i dont know what it is. Most of what goes on in this game lately is lore breaking. The antiquities system is just some bizarre thing that is more about incorporating a mobile game into than it is about fitting in to eso lore. Lore means nothing anymore.
    I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup. Some sort of straight up barbarian class maybe...

Something insect themed...

Or something themed around spiders, since they are pretty common in the game already..
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A hunter/pet class.

A real pet class. A class where the skill points actually go to benefiting the pet.

Not a class that is advertised with the main selling point being a pet and then getting a 30% damage reduction on top of other nerfs because SOME people want to be an ice mage and “didn’t want to feel like they had to use it”.
    We reduced the damage of bear so we could buff the base damage of Wardens; the overall DPS should be within 1-2% of what it was before due to the buff of Advanced Species. This means anyone who doesn't use the bear will see less of a DPS loss.
    Edited by max_only on April 4, 2020 1:14AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    A hunter/pet class.

A real pet class. A class where the skill points actually go to benefiting the pet.

Not a class that is advertised with the main selling point being a pet and then getting a 30% damage reduction on top of other nerfs because SOME people want to be an ice mage and “didn’t want to feel like they had to use it”.
    We reduced the damage of bear so we could buff the base damage of Wardens; the overall DPS should be within 1-2% of what it was before due to the buff of Advanced Species. This means anyone who doesn't use the bear will see less of a DPS loss.

If it means they get rid of that stupid sorcerer pet summoning line and give it to a new "Petting Zoo" class then I'm all for it.
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    If people want to run around pretending they are Doctor Dolittle then they should be able to, but that daedric summoning skill line is appalling.
  • JBNimble
    JBNimble
    ✭✭✭
    Something without magic baseline maybe?