The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are you happy with the latest patch?

Wrekkedd
Wrekkedd
✭✭✭✭
I'm truly wondering if anyone is happy with the way things are after the patch, as it is now live on console as well.

If you are happy, care to explain what about the recent patch or gameplay you are enjoying?
Edited by Wrekkedd on March 12, 2020 2:12AM

Are you happy with the latest patch? 213 votes

I love it.
17%
daryl.rasmusenb14_ESOGreevirNanfoodleSaelentDjennkuTandorJKorrBomblePantsXDark_One13ArchMikemSpiderKnightBRCOURTNLadislaoIngenonVelesDosuulHotdog_23WoppaBoemHroltharSylvermynx 37 votes
I hate it.
63%
GilvothMoloch1514Joy_DivisionSuddwrathCarespankerCatsmoke14BigMRikumaruBarsstefan.gustavsonb16_ESORadianceMitrengaAixyAektannMalthorneLoralai_907technohiccamelliaStebarnzPath 135 votes
I don't really notice any changes.
19%
1mirgcalitrumanb14_ESODanikatmartinhpb16_ESOaubrey.baconb16_ESOKiramekuBRogueNZElsonsoTheosissirstonLumsdenmlyRavenEasily_LostbinhoLixiviantSmitch_59Drdeath20Bobby_V_RockitNeoealthMCBIZZLE300 41 votes
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it.
    I'm not having any issues with it. Sorry you apparently do have issues.
  • Wrekkedd
    Wrekkedd
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate it.
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Good to know the casual quester is unaffected.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it.
    *self-censored*
    Edited by Sylvermynx on March 12, 2020 2:20AM
  • Avdir
    Avdir
    Soul Shriven
    Lags worse which is par for the course but other than that I haven't noticed much difference performance wise.
    Hi I play with Cutest Boys

nvm guild died again lmao
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it.
    My performance has greatly improved, load times are super fast. My main problem was Cyrodiil was crashy but that's been fixed for me but my wife and I can't play Cyrodiil together because only in Cyrodiil her load times are 3-4 min. Often leaving her so far behind our guild she gets nothing out of it. We have been focusing on CP and skill points till this is worked out.
  • Kynetik
    Kynetik
    ✭✭✭
    I hate it.
    I guess I can thank ZOS for rekindling my fire for other games, but I check the forums multiple times a day for updates on known issues...get well soon ESO...
  • SpaceElf
    SpaceElf
    ✭✭✭
    I love it.
    My SSD is a small one, so I greatly appreciate the extra space I now have.
    Edited by SpaceElf on March 12, 2020 3:10AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fps has improved in some areas but the occasion stuttering and skills not firing has increased :| Room for improvement and hopefully soon.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate it.
    It was supposed to help performance and instead it made the game an unplayable mess.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it.
    Pros:
    Things render faster. (helped by an SSD)
    I REALLY enjoyed Unhallowed Grave and it's side content.
    Runs in said Dungeons had absolutely no lag.
    Played in Cyrodiil without noticeable lag or stutter.
    No crashes or unwarranted disconnects.
    No long loading screens.
    More story and Lore.
    Xbox install size lost nearly 40 GB.

Cons:
    Spamming block for a good minute causes disconnect due to "Message Spam"
    Bar Swap has become sporadically clunky.
    Loot window lags for a second, making it slower to gather and close.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it.
    Wrekkedd wrote: »

And the new dungeons. And densely populated areas. And probably a bunch of other things too, but I can’t speak to that.
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bad pvp lag from day 1, nothing has ever changed.
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will let you know tomorrow.
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• Squidgaurd
    Squidgaurd
    ✭✭✭
    I hate it.
    bop it
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate it.

performance is *** for me now, so no, i don't enjoy this patch :#
    PC EU
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love it.
    Pros

One exceptional dungeon and one fairly fun dungeon, which promise much for Graymoor
    Love the grapple mechanic, so much potential there
    No significant change in FPS or ping

Cons

No significant change in FPS or ping
    Jump pads in Cloudrest went walkabout for a few days (which has been fixed)
    Can’t play with friends in Battlegrounds
    Some annoying but relatively inconsequential UI issues, like dungeons appearing as normal in the group listing when they are actually vet, and NPC’s spamming chat with dialogue

In terms of the poll, I don’t think “loving it” is how I’d describe it. I’m disappointed that I haven’t seen any real performance improvements on my side, but I don’t feel that there’s anything that is more broken and I do love at least one of the new dungeons.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate it.
    Is there actually an other option but to hate everything thats new?
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been to Cyrodiil yet but I think there is still a problem with capacity. EU has been magnificent for me but I have been logging in well past prime time. NA, on the other hand still has the same issues as before the patch.
  • Julibomb
    Julibomb
    ✭✭
    I hate it.
    My PvP guild has stopped all raiding until the skill delay has been fixed, not much else to do on the game that we enjoy (we only small scale and raid/zerg). Looking on the forums waiting for updates but sadly still no real feedback.

Until such time as the game is actually playable in a competitive nature we have left ESO

In conclusion about this patch ... dislike dislike dislike dislike dislike ... please revert or at the very least give us some hope that ZoS is working hard on a fix before this game dies from the hype of New World coming out soon.

PC EU - EP - CP Campaign

- Raid leader of Retaliatíon -
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate it.
    Performance in Cyrodiil got worse. Unplayable in prime time during most situations. It was bad before, now it is just a bad joke.
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it.

Don’t do that. Don’t make a poll and then berate anyone who doesn’t agree with your experience/opinion. You included the option... live with it.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it.
    the poll is useless unless you would make 3, xbox, ps4, PC. I think the results would be very different and hint that the nagative results are based on PC hardware incompatibility issues.

My experience on xbox is good so far, and the xbox group I visit has almost no negative complains.
    Edited by markulrich1966 on March 12, 2020 9:20AM
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it.
    Not had a single issue. Everything is running fine, and my PS4 has now saved over 35GB of space. We have two new dungeons. Its a fantastic update.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it.
    Julibomb wrote: »
    My PvP guild has stopped all raiding until the skill delay has been fixed, not much else to do on the game that we enjoy (we only small scale and raid/zerg). Looking on the forums waiting for updates but sadly still no real feedback.

Until such time as the game is actually playable in a competitive nature we have left ESO

In conclusion about this patch ... dislike dislike dislike dislike dislike ... please revert or at the very least give us some hope that ZoS is working hard on a fix before this game dies from the hype of New World coming out soon.

New World looks like it will go down about as well as Wildstar, and that was going to destroy ESO too. The PvPers hate the way it's handled in New World and the PvE is midway between non-existent and mindless grind.
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    neutral leaning towards negative. Dont like a couple of the changes, wouldnt go as far as to say i hate them. Also not really excited for anything it added
  • Aquatorch
    Aquatorch
    ✭✭✭
    The lag on the NA servers, in Gray Host, is so bad that I cannot play there anymore, so this is by far the worst patch I've ever seen come out.

An example of this is the other day we were at Cropsford trying to hit a guard when no enemy players were around. I tried hitting it with Templar jabie-jab-jabs for several minutes at a time and not a single one would land. All my group members were just standing around watching it in sad amusement.

The problem is that if I switch to the standard campaign, where the lag is manageable, then there's no fighting to be had. It's just a ghost town. ZOS is forcing my hand here and I'm going to have to stop putting money into this game and start looking at something else again.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it.
    Aquatorch wrote: »
    The lag on the NA servers, in Gray Host, is so bad that I cannot play there anymore, so this is by far the worst patch I've ever seen come out.

An example of this is the other day we were at Cropsford trying to hit a guard when no enemy players were around. I tried hitting it with Templar jabie-jab-jabs for several minutes at a time and not a single one would land. All my group members were just standing around watching it in sad amusement.

The problem is that if I switch to the standard campaign, where the lag is manageable, then there's no fighting to be had. It's just a ghost town. ZOS is forcing my hand here and I'm going to have to stop putting money into this game and start looking at something else again.

I've never understood why, if the campaign everyone plays in is unplayable for everyone, a different campaign remains empty. Can't PvP guilds get together and arrange to spread the population around a bit? Or is it only unplayable for some?
  • gabijoe21
    gabijoe21
    While I voted 'haven't noticed any changes' I have, but I don't love it nor hate it. I mean, it made Cyro worse for console especially since my ult barely ever gets cast when pressed. Lag is terrible, but it has always been terrible. BUT no infinite load screens and I haven't dc during primetime in Cyro so that's a plus. So it has its good and bads.
    Xbox NA | Dragonknight | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Aquatorch wrote: »

I've never understood why, if the campaign everyone plays in is unplayable for everyone, a different campaign remains empty. Can't PvP guilds get together and arrange to spread the population around a bit? Or is it only unplayable for some?

I don't think that all of the issues can be attributed to server load. Some still happen in smaller campaigns.

Switching to a smaller campaign is fine if it's an option. If you prefer an alliance locked campaign or no-CP you don't have a choice.

I wouldn't call it unplayable for everyone. Just a broken mess at times.

Whatever the case, I neither love it nor hate it. Some good, some bad, the bad may out weigh the good.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate it.
    When the game doesn't fulfill it's basic functionality which is being able to do content you want, even the old one it's terrible. Even if the new content is amazing, who cares when you can't play?
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge