The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Midyear Mayhem has been great!

• valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 NA: Performance hasn't been any worse than normal so I'm happy about that. IC has been fun too. The only problem I had was a very long queue to get my home campaign, Kaal.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes it has been fun, alot of new people trying out PVP and full on scale battles, performance still needs to be sorted out, but yeah from when I could pay was fun :)
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GG, was fun thank you all, please never cancel this event again. Actually please repeat every 3 months.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »
    GG, was fun thank you all, please never cancel this event again. Actually please repeat every 3 months.

Yeah, i hope it never gets cancelled again.. Been so much fun that feels sad that it has to end.. :'(

I guess next one coming at summer.. i hope ZOS again has drops/rewards at IC also to have it again as lively. :)
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    So like many things in this game, the vision for PVP in this game was above the talent/tech available to ZoS. Most of the time its kinda a mess but sometimes...

You glimpse the vision and it's epic as hell

Events like Midyear madness get us close to what could have been than anything else with pop locked campaigns with multiple organised groups per alliance. With direction and purpose, with epic sieges and defences, three-way battles for strategically important keeps etc.

IMO, the main issue is that the devs have way too much faith in humanity.

Last year was my first Mayhem and I glimpsed at that too, and it left me yearning for what could be - the epic battles, the sense of achievement after a hard fight, the sense of honor after losing a hard fight. I got none of that last year. What I saw in Cyrodiil and here in the forum was a bunch of people who took pride in spoiling the fun for those who were trying PvP for the first time.

This year is different, though. Those amazing Cyro players who love the game as envisioned by the devs shine in there, and even though I'm not match for most people, I had a lot of fun and felt good helping anyway I could.
    Karmen wrote: »
    It was really fun

performances are better and a lot of people in cyrodiil ! Nice work zenimax for that event, with great duration (not too long, not too short, was perfect!)

Kudos to Cyro players too, who were there guiding us clueless people, preventing people who didn't want to engage in battle from being ganked and respecting the "visitors". I want to grow up to be like you guys. Thank you for an awesome event and for welcoming me to Cyrodiil.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, because we want to see posts every 3 months about "Why are they calling it Midyear Mayhem, it isn't midyear?" :#
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather have Mayhem weekends periodically than a long event.
  • lozq
    lozq
    ✭✭✭
    First time I've properly done Cyrodiil - and it's been awesome! I'm a useless PVP'er but not as bad as I was a week ago, at least.

I wish there was more crossover, or incentive to engage in both PVP and PVE. From reading the forums it seems most people are for one or the other, and get mightily peeved when they perceive their realm has been affected by the other. The way I see it, they're both fun, they're both aspects of the same game and if everyone was involved in both there'd probably be less whinging.

Following from what @NBrookus said, I think a weekend/monthly PVP event would be a great idea. Enter Cyrdoiil and complete whatever objective (Capture three keeps, kill ten players, kill a delve boss etc) for 100k XP and a purple RFTW. Much more 'Play as you want' approach to PVP as opposed to the daily BG.

Afterthought: scrap the daily BG bonus, and just make it a daily PVP bonus. Earned by either winning a BG or achieving today's 'pledge' in Cyro.
    Quinnine | Tankblade | PC NA
  • albertberku
    albertberku
    ✭✭✭
    I really hate PvP events. Random players are just there for some boxes, motifs, collections, etc. And people who play this game for cyrodiil cant even play during two weeks due to extreme lag. It is most of the time barely playable when there is no event, when there is event, never playable. As always, i am going to return to ESO again after mayhem is over.
    Edited by albertberku on February 3, 2020 8:02PM
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

Yes, because we want to see posts every 3 months about "Why are they calling it Midyear Mayhem, it isn't midyear?" :#

Worth it. I want that black dye.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One of my favorite events. It's always a blast and this year has been too!
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took it easy during this event: I just queued for BGs to get the tickets and the emblems, sometimes kept going for more matches and bought the Legion Zero pages.

I haven't properly PvPed since Murkmire, only to get War Horn on my Necro. But this event did reinvogarate my desire to play PvP again :p So who knows, maybe I'll get my Warden to Grand Overlord this year :D

It was a great event ZOS. Give us an encore soon :)
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am happy for those who had fun during this event and I hope it brings you back to PvP again since we do need more population. It was fun with stuff actually happening in Laat.

For me it was okay, I crashed to character screen a few times which was annoying. But, in the end, that's okay.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Meh overall.

I did learn about the daily quests in towns and did a few of them and got in a couple of small zergs, but got quickly wasted most times, so tried to avoid others.

I did let someone off in a cave. He waited for my AOE to stop and then ran by. I figured I wasn't going to attack if he did not. I think he ganked me later when I was trying to clear back out the quest town which had flipped, but whatever.

I briefly met someone at one point with my pet sorc, but they ran away and I did not chase them. My monkey pet was battled him, causing me to notice him. I started attacking, figuring he had attacked my pet first, but let him run away without chasing.

Too many maps were really lopsided though. That made it much less fun.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

PVPallooza. Works every day of the year.
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, this is the most fun I've had in pvp in any game.
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
  • oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things I have accomplished this Midyear Mayhem...

-Leveled 3 characters to max alliance war skill line

-Star-Made Knight achievement on 3 characters

-Obtained over 300 transmute crystals

-Obtained nearly all of the 3 battlegrounds style pages

-Gained a lot of extra skill points from AP

-Got a boatload of pvp gear

-Bought 3 event feathers and a berry

-Killed a Grand Overlord

That's a lot of progress for me thanks to this event.
    Edited by oddbasket on February 4, 2020 1:52AM
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So nice to still read these stories of people having fun & success on the Mayhem event. All in all a rare discussion these days since it is like 90% positive. I also have sympathy for the some who had technical issues and not so good experiences because of that. Hoping those get fixed (as best as possible) in near future so the next event(s) will be even more of a universal success.

I sincerely wish ZOS has read this topic and seen that we have generally enjoyed the event and it has brought together pve & pvp and everything in between people for good times - and that is what a good game is all about.

Personally really has warmed my heart to read all the stories of the people trying PVP out and i got a feeling we have many new future players who play both sides of the game. I think even the most grumpiest "PVP only" players understand that we need fresh players there too to keep Cyrodiil, Battlegrounds and IC on a healthy playerbase so that it is possible to find fun action around the clock eventually. So welcome all our new friends, being respectful and basic level of politeness does not cost anything. But it makes us all enjoy the game even more in the end.

I thank everyone for their Mayhem stories they shared. You all are awesome! :)

• Recon4thCav
    Recon4thCav
    ✭✭✭
    It has been complete ass and every single of ZoS *** employees should be *** fired.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been complete ass and every single of ZoS *** employees should be *** fired.

Good morning to you too! :joy:
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do enjoy getting zerged down.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's also some of the most cowardly play that I've ever seen right now.
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just give me a rope so I can scale enemy walls to get my shards and I will let you kill me as you desire.
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Strangely enjoyable

Although I have been in Cyrodiil and IC more, I have spent way less time PvPing than in previous years. I killed a Trove Scamp in IC and completed all the holiday achievements on my main which was my no 1 goal. And I’m actually vaguely interested in getting more into PvP...

I agree with all the calls to make this a more regular occurrence, which makes the event a total success

I’ll likely be back and that’s not what I expected.

Good :

I really enjoyed exploring Cyrodiil and the sewers (so much so I now want to come back with a group and do them properly, which has really surprised me)

Did a whole pile of delves, skyshards and stuff in Cyrodiil

Didn’t find much toxicity or ganking- I guess most of those players were busy farming the IC bosses for motifs.

The motifs seem to have provided a great incentive. The reward boxes a bit less so.

I had a good time.. no really.

Not good :

Long queues on the opening day. Loads of players who really wanted to play weren’t able to, which seems like a shame.

The F-ing Alliance system which prevents me from playing the characters I want with my friends (the single biggest stumbling block in getting me into PvP). It means I’ll have to leave one of my guilds to find a PvP one that shares my main’s Alliance and I still won’t be able to play with my friends.

PvP learning curve. It’s still really harsh...and unforgiving.

Motif drop rate - this is the first event where motifs haven’t ended up so abundant that players will happily trade/give them to others. Not sure whether this was intended or is a good/bad thing, but it makes the event feel a little less friendly overall

Cyrodiil ‘war style’, I still find long rides to seige the same bridges and keeps insanely uninteresting... but maybe that’s just because I haven’t done it in a coordinated group... Cyrodiil is no fun on a slow pony

BGs - they’re a mess. I didn’t do one that had 3 teams of 4 players... It’s a shame because if you could do them right, or if guilds/players could set up their own matches, they could be fantastic. Right now they’re rubbish.

Legion Zero banners - the absolute definition of how not to do something. ZOS promised Alliance banners and gave us coloured flags from the wrong bloody war entirely....
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moonsorrow aka Brians 2nd account
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    Moonsorrow aka Brians 2nd account

Huh? :o
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if there will be a second midyear mayhem this year or if it is now always in January?

@ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually I was pleasantly surprised on how well the server worked. I was expecting a disaster, like we had during other events, but besides some periods with high latency it was fine and a couple of hours on Jan 29 where it was harder to log in and change zones, it was passable. I was able to enter Cyrodiil on the main campaigns for each alliance outside peak hours, with <50 queue, and I saw the temporary 7 days ones were quite animated as well, compared to previous years.

I've been able to reach all objectives I set:
    - I earned ~5.8m AP in total (target was 5.5m), spent a total of 19m AP on jewelry in order to sell it later (I had started the event with ~15.5m already banked) since there's little else that has such a high gold conversion ratio. Most of last year's jewelry had between 2:1 and 5:3, some were as high as 1:1 when it sold in late June.
    - During the first 4 days I got the Star Made Knight title on 4 characters that hadn't gotten it previously since they've been developed since the last event was held: Magicka Ninghtblade, Stamina Templar, Magicka Warden & Stamina Necromancer. The first felt really weak since I last played her 10 months previously so I improvised a BG semi-healer build that performed better than the pure damage one I had previously set up and I even got one of the achievements for healing 375K.
    - I ranked up on those characters from AR15 to AR18 over the first 9 days bringing them in line with the other alts.
    - In the last 3 days I also ranked up on my main character, Stamina Dragonknight, from AR 34 to AR 35.
    - Got all Legion Zero pages, 6 for tickets, the last one for gold off a guild store, since I didn't like farming the IC bosses and from what I've heard the drop rate was quite low for those.

- As a bonus I've also brought my yet undeveloped (no passives, almost all points in crafting, and just enough left to fill 2 bars) Magicka Necromancer in Cyrodiil for basic training, managed to get from AR4 to AR8 over a couple of hours just getting capture/deffensive ticks and repairing walls. Also got some of the event achievements and will get the rest when the event comes over again, probably in July, when she's properly trained and geared up like the others.
    - Another nice bonus are the 6 Tier 3 rewards I will get in a couple of weeks, when the campaigns end, from the characters who participated.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD actually defended a scroll tonight!!! It was glorious. EP snatched it but we got it back before they passed through the gate. Though if I log in tomorrow and find it taken, so help me...
  • Blutengel
    Blutengel
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed the event this year,sad it's ending.
    Edited by Blutengel on February 4, 2020 1:38PM
    Time for reckless audacity and derring-do!~
    Crow-Friend Warden
    Najara the Crusader Templar
    Thomasin the Witch Necro
    R.I.P Vet ranks...