The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Midyear Mayhem has been great!

• Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be better if I didn't crash five times a day
    Beta tester November 2013
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »
    I've been pleasantly surprised when I've gone into Cyro... the town ganking seems to be less of an issue than it has been in the past, and the PvPers in zone chat have been happy to go after any gankers that the PvEers are having a hard time with. It feels... friendlier.

I haven't yet ventured to IC. It's one of my favorite places in the whole game but I'd been hesitant to because of the issues with griefing in the past. Sounds like it's worth a whirl, though.

The best part, though, has been playing on my magden and actually feeling competent. One of my guilds had a dueling contest for fun a few weeks back and I was able to spend some time honing my build and skills and I've actually got something put together that's effective. I've killed, like, TEN people and haven't died, which for me is pretty huge, lol.

Nice to hear that. And yes, i`ve also noticed less gankers at the quest towns (like Cheydinhal), and people been asking for help and me as many others been always helping to take out the trash (clear towns). People been really polite and got some heart warming messages as thank you. Ended up giving pvp tips to some when they asked how to deal with the gankers without having to "bother others". Loving the interaction with new to pvp people. :)

Have fun at IC, if you go solo then only place to possibly avoid might be the Molag Bal centrum at sewers, since the big zergs farm there.. so it is a bad place to be, unless your alliance owns it currently. Magden is nice for IC imo, you can move fast and Shimmering shield gives protection from projectile spammers while you tactically retreat to another location if see hordes of enemies.

Have fun and let us know how your IC adventures end up going? :p

My previous IC visit ended with a 66k Tel Var in one big BOOM! Pro tip: When a big groups kills Molag Bal simulacrum - do not all go loot the corpse same time in a big blob.. (loot after everyone moved away from it, or died to a bomb, then it is safe to go loot it yourself) o:)

Well, I went to IC solo last night on my main magden. Made it about 10 feet off the platform then got rushed by a massive group of AD. Promptly left. I went back in a bit later on with my PvP guild on a baby magden that I'm leveling (I'm working on one for each faction so I can take guildies of any faction in my PvE guild down to the sewers) and had a lot more fun in a group. I'll save the soloing for after the event, but I'm definitely keen to go back down with others!

Other fun stuff: I got trapped in the inn at Vlastrus on the same baby char by two enemy players and I think they sat and played cat and mouse with me for 15 minutes. I'd like to say that they tried to kill me and couldn't, but I don't think that's the case. Regardless, I stayed in there and fought. Got a few achievements out of that and it was a good test of my resources since I'm trying a Dunmer instead of a Breton for this magden (sustain isn't at all an issue, which is a nice surprise).

I ran with a really great pug group for a while last night too. I'm not sure the point at which a pug group turns into a zerg, but there were about 8 people in the group and we had a good time, and people managed to NOT engage the tower/rock humpers, so I figure that's a win for a pug group.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on 30 day CP locked (PC EU) at the moment (4:30pm cet) and lag spikes as usual with skills not showing up around my character or just not casting at all.

This midyear mayhem feels like inner city Indian traffic with all the negatives that go with it.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not a PvP’er, but I’ve been going to Cyrodiil every day during this event and having a blast. I tried lots of different characters, got killed a lot, which doesn’t bother me at all, and even won a few fights with others (probably also PvE’ers since the serious PvP’ers can down me in 1-2 seconds). Racked up some nice AP on several toons.

I don’t know if I’ll continue when the event ends, but I might, if I can find people to teach me something about WTH I should be doing. It was more fun than I expected.
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whilst I am not a PvP player, I see battlegrounds as a way to get Vigor and Caltrops for my characters.

During the event, I managed to get them for all four of my playable characters, even my nightblade I created only on Tuesday.

It has been a huge success for me. I had hoped to get two characters sorted at best, but to get all four is fantastic.

This means that I can swap between magicka or stamina if one of them gets nerfed to death.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit even my PVE-loving ass has enjoyed the event far more than I expected I would. I still can't get myself to be truly serious about PVP (I think if I put proper work into my build and skills, I'll have to face that I just suck at it, and that's not something I'm ready to face :D ), but I've had a good time just being in groups with people and accomplishing things together. I've dabbled before (getting the skill lines, trying to get transmutes, some low level BG), but today was the first time I considered going in again just for the fun of it. It's definitely impressive how fast time passes, as you fall into "just one more" syndrome. Next time I don't know what to do with myself ingame, maybe I'll be smart enough to remember this and head to Cyro.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m loving what this event is doing for my nirncrux supply, as I’ve been making loops around Craglorn while waiting for my queue to pop.
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nonstop bluescreens for ps4. Event has been trash
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with the OP.

I have managed the achievement on a <L50 mag necro healer...... if I could do that, anyone can!! :)

It's been great having so many players in IC again, and in Cyro too. All I can say is, please find a way to better reward IC players to keep them coming back, not just for events!
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next time open one extra campaign in each category. The competitive Cp campaign locking out the regulars is not conducive to a fun and helpful environment.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played my first battleground and we won! Well, tied for first. And I wasn’t last in last place. Just second to last, but yay. That was fun and terrifying and chaotic.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been so nice to read the feelings of the people who mainly PVE and yet they have been having fun with the event. :)

Hopefully the PVP community has been welcoming you to their groups and letting you all in on the fun. Even if it occasionally might look different, PVP community is rather polite and like 99% are friendly & helpful people. Of course there is the about 1% of toxic angry-at-everything-in-life miserables, but same is at PVE trials scene, so the majority is good people. That 1% can sometimes be a bit loud, but when puts those few people on Ignore list, suddenly realizes how peaceful and polite PVP chat actually is.

I personally wish that many who consider themselves mainly as PVE players will keep coming back to Cyrodiil, IC & Battlegrounds after the event. It is healthy for this game, it makes the PVP revitalized, it teaches new sets of skills to players. I remember years ago when started to pvp, it made me a better player at pve also - my reaction speeds to things around me went over 9000 and animation canceling and weaving perfected without trying to, because learning burst combos had that effect on the side. So rotation speeds benefit happened for me due to PVP - i know, weird.

Only "bad side" for playing a lot of pvp and then do pve also is.. you move a lot, way more than would need, it gets stuck in muscle memory (because movement at PVP is most important mitigation, being in and out of enemy skill ranges and making their targeting hard) so end up doing strafe and stuff around trial bosses while pve-only players stay stacked and still. So has to command yourself to stay stacked too - atleast on vTrials or healer no likey. :p

Biggest obstacle for many to enjoy pvp at start is being killed by another player, and when it happens in few seconds it feels so personal and bitter and makes you possibly get the "i suck" feeling way more intense than in pve even if there is a same progression against some of the toughest Veteran achievements. You do not get Godslayer title the first times you go do Sunspire trial, gotta work on it.. and while PVP can feel like having some hard training to "git gud" from first touch of it - it is VERY rewarding when you feel it happen, that slowly gets better and soon you realize you just won the enemy who been defeating you for a long time. It feels good!

And doing all that with a few good friends is one of the best fun this game can offer. Same as in PVE, personally i play and enjoy both. I feel like that is how this game is intended to be, the combat and balance design heavily suggests so too.

So once more, welcome all new to pvp - hope you stay and become part of the PVP community also! <3
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So like many things in this game, the vision for PVP in this game was above the talent/tech available to ZoS. Most of the time its kinda a mess but sometimes...

You glimpse the vision and it's epic as hell

Events like Midyear madness get us close to what could have been than anything else with pop locked campaigns with multiple organised groups per alliance. With direction and purpose, with epic sieges and defences, three-way battles for strategically important keeps etc.
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just ran my first-ever Elder Scroll back to Temple, and it was super-hectic & nerve-wracking! Thanks to the awesome group I was with. I’m hooked.

Next step: Emp. ;)

S.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been a blast! The event brings it's issues with performance that are made worse by my horrible Oceanic ping... but overall it's just great to see so many players running around. It really was nice not having to fight these 'hard as nails' regular PVPers & have a few squishies on the field. :D
    I just ran my first-ever Elder Scroll back to Temple, and it was super-hectic & nerve-wracking! Thanks to the awesome group I was with. I’m hooked.

Next step: Emp. ;)

S.

LOL! I remember the stress levels of my first ever scroll run!! Protected by my fellow EP until one by one they are drawn away to attack enemy players while I run on ahead like Forest Gump! I go over a clump of rocks straight into an AD zerg !@#$ rolled dodge & LOS'd till I ran out of stam & then splatted & AD returned the scroll :( Still... afterwards I felt so motivated to take the fight back to AD! We didn't get the scroll back that session but it's all good... much PVP was had. :D

NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • stvwhitewalker
    stvwhitewalker
    ✭✭✭
    Question to the op do you have your own private server ? if not then you forgot to state just how great the constant lag, disconnects, endless loading screens, whilst just sitting on your mount, or worse still in a fight, walking, mending doors, walls, in fact just about anytime anywhere, and let us not forget that message, "unusually long loading" after all these years the very least they could do is change that to YOU WILL NOT LOAD STRAIGHT AWAY BECAUSE WE DO NOT KNOW HOW TO FIX IT.
    So yes i agree its been a blast a blasted disgrace, but i suppose at the end of the day we all should of known that NOTHING has improved or will for that matter the powers that be are sitting in a warm sunny climate laughing their heads off at us the fools who still hope that one day someone will step up and say enough is enough lets mend this, and as i type i see yet another pink flying pig go by :#
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    + The servers held up really well. I think I only had 3x super long load screens the whole event and 1x DC. That is much better than ever before. The combat was even pretty smooth most of the time. Huge improvement. Props ZOS.

I do want to mention the new short, dynamic draw distance stuff that I have noticed them phasing in as this is the one issue with game performance changes causing problems. Draw distance is not only significantly shorter than in the past but also seems to be variable with less the more stuff is happening. Some middle ground needs to be found here like maybe you draw the players and siege but no ability effects. Right now you really can't effectively target counter siege most of the time especially if you are supporting ground troops as the draw distance is far less than the range you are firing siege at.

Lastly, players cheating is at an all time high in both sophistication and brazenness. Hopefully the new backend stuff will fix this technically since ZOS refuses to fix it relationally.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These events show that Double-AP weekends should be at least a quarterly event.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm happy. I managed to get my second Xivkyn thanks to all the Tel Var I got. 20k spent on Imperial Rewards is a bargain! I didn't pursue achievements though, I got them all last year.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Karmen
    Karmen
    ✭✭✭
    It was really fun

performances are better and a lot of people in cyrodiil ! Nice work zenimax for that event, with great duration (not too long, not too short, was perfect!)
    I am Carmen.
    For Bosmers, war is only a sport
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The first three days, queues were long for Kaal. In the hundreds. From them on, until this weekend, I was getting straight into battle. Guess this is because the Imperial city is now separate to Cyrodiil.
    Load screens in Cyrodiil were the main issue for me.
    Edited by phairdon on February 3, 2020 12:20PM
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • arun_rajputb16_ESO
    arun_rajputb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it. But the rewards were underwhelming. The double ap was nice though.
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a pve er I really got into bgs thus event. Cyro is still meh for me. Sewers OK.
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been a fantastic event just don't go to Kaalgrontiid or Bahlokdaan.
  • illusiouk
    illusiouk
    ✭✭✭
    Not for all...
  • bakthi
    bakthi
    ✭✭✭
    I started in April 2019, so this is my first Mayhem.

My first two tanks, it seemed to take forever to get them Barrier. My third one (NB) already has it at level 36, so that's nice. Also got my level 30 healer to Warhorn by just running with one PUG for like half an hour before dinner.

I've been playing my second account (magden), just getting a scouting mission for tickets and then running around healing people; somehow she is 30 now, and I guess will have a non-generic mount after a couple more events.

Now I have to go transmute a bunch of stuff.
    Army of me:
    CP810+: Breton Templar healer, Redguard stamina Warden, Imperial DK tank, Altmer magicka Sorceror, Orc stamina Sorceror/werewolf, Nord Necromancer tank, Khajit TG/DB Nightblade, Bosmer stamina Necromancer, Argonian Warden healer, Dunmer magicka DK, Nord Nightblade tank
    Second account, CP400+: Breton magicka Warden, Nord Nightblade healer/solo vampire, Bosmer stamina Templar/werewolf, Dunmer magicka Necromancer, Orc stamina DK, Argonian Warden tank
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP PvP during prime time is a joke, always has been, event or not.
    No-CP PvP has been excellent this event. Tons of people, fights that actually have an end, and performance is probably the best you could possibly want.
    And it’s been great to see so much action in IC no-cp also, from the alliance war at the sewer centre to control the Molag-bal farm, to the race to kill the overland bosses along with the other factions, really tons of fun. Great touch putting the style pages as drops from the bosses. Great stuff ZOS!
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Austacker wrote: »
    What role do you play?

I'm a pure healer and this event has been pure hell.

Pre-mades, ganking, unbalanced battlegrounds.

Oh yeah, it's been a real hoot!

If it wasn't for the tickets, I wouldn't touch this event with a 10 foot barge pole.

You can try revising your build and your playstyle.
    PvP healers are very annoying to deal with. They are tanky, they CC the hell out of you, they have so much heal they are unkillable, the people around them are unkillable too so when you try to burst down another target they don't die either
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it. But the rewards were underwhelming. The double ap was nice though.

Disagree! I got like 20 Hakeijos this week, and enough Telvar to fill out some builds I'd been wanting to try (plus two of the Xivkyn polys from the IC item coffers).

It was also funny to see how much cold fire was flying around this week.
  • oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My highlight for this event is while leveling my PVE healer in BGs, I killed 2 enemies at once and one of them was a Grand Overlord and got the achievement.

y41Hszo.jpg